PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 15 Sorcerer assitance

Blackhawk748
2013-08-28, 05:35 PM
Heres the build:

Mulan Human Sorcerer 1 feats: Precocious Apprentics (dessicate), Southern Magician, Heat Endurance, Scholar (gives me all knowledge skill as class skills.)

Flaws: Shaky Hands (fluffed as missing an eye), Non Combantant (fluffed as missing half of his left hand)

Socerer3 Feat: Arcane Disciple (sand)

Then i run Walker in the Waste for 10, however i have 2 levels open then so i need a decent PrC to go into except that i dont have a lot of feats so it cant be really feat intensive, also i am looking for a template, max +3 LA, to use. So thanks in advance.

Edit: forgot some stuff, hes LE and a bit of a jerk, he'll be using a lot of sand based spells, and will be in a setting where magic is oppressed. Another Edit: Also i want him to have a Dire Jackal ( i may just animate one) so if someone can tell me how to snag one that would be sweet.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-28, 07:58 PM
For the Dire Jackal, there are two methods I can think of.

A Dire Jackal has stats comparable to a Dire Wolf, which is a 4th level (level -3) Animal Companion choice. A willing DM would allow you to use Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) to gain one as a companion at 7th level (still level -3).

Another way would be to get an Eternal Wand (MIC), which anyone who can cast arcane spells can use regardless of what spell it contains. Put Hound of Doom (CW) on it, and just flavor it to appear as a shadowy Dire Jackal instead of the default, but still use the same game stats for it.

Edit: A third way I just thought of would be to make a custom Figurine of Wondrous Power that emulates Summon Desert Ally IV to become a Dire Jackal for a limited amount of time each day.

For prestige classes with few/no prerequisites, my usual go-to choices are Paragnostic Apostle (CC), Mindbender (CA, only one level), and Divine Oracle (CD, pay gold for its feat prerequisite via the Frog God's Fane in CS).

Blackhawk748
2013-08-28, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the PrCs though im not sure how well they fit my character, Divine Oracle might though............... Also i did recall Wild Cohort, so i'll prbly just go with that, might grab the spell Hound of Doom anyway as it sounds awesome.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-28, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the PrCs though im not sure how well they fit my character, Divine Oracle might though............... Also i did recall Wild Cohort, so i'll prbly just go with that, might grab the spell Hound of Doom anyway as it sounds awesome.

Only a Hexblade can learn Hound of Doom, but you can put any arcane spell on an Eternal Wand and any arcane caster can use it.

Blackhawk748
2013-08-28, 08:52 PM
ah ok, ill see if my DM will let me research it for my sorcerer as it does fit thematically as he is a dark sand mage........ oh i have a great idea. Escalation Mage, its a dark mage and fits beautifully on a power scale.