PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and masterminds Coh

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 07:02 PM
[[invite only game]]

"The world has gone to hell in a hand basket, this was kind of obvious as you walked the streets of port oaks. The gangs had gotten bolder over the past year, with the freedom phalanx and Arachnos gone, along with most the forces of other organisations there were few people to stop them. combined with the fact the mediporter system was heavily damaged in the battallion's first strike there just weren't as many heroes or villains for that matter to keep the petty gangs under control. This was the subject of the letter you received, meet in an office building in port oaks for a chance at wealth, success, fame, power, and to get the cities back under control."

"Inside the office building you would stand in a lobby, it had obviously seen better days as it looked dilapidated and old. A man sat on a sofa smoking a cigarette, he was extraordinairly handsome, had black hair and iridescent amber eyes. He wore dress pants and a simple red vest with a collared shirt underneath"

[[open rp time no need to have your sheet done yet, feel free to post and converse

Illven
2013-08-28, 07:06 PM
Hello. The girl says with a nod.

Is this the right place?

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 07:13 PM
"the man looks at her and smirks putting the cigarette out on his boot, he speaks with a voice like honey to the ears"Depends darling, what place you looking for?

Illven
2013-08-28, 07:16 PM
Get the cities back under control, in exchange for power and wealth. The girl replied with a smirk.

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 07:18 PM
"he blows one last ring of smoke and smiles" Then you've come to the right place darling, have a seat. I'll show you to the proper meeting spot once everyone else has arrived. "his voice had the tinge of a new orleans accent and he motions to several seats across from him"

JenDragon
2013-08-28, 07:41 PM
** Brigid walks into the lobby, looking like a mix up ball of emotions. The strongest emotions seems to be anger. She looks about the lobby. Her posture says she is ready to hurt someone and the agitated way her tail swishes seems to punctuates it. She also seems to be of demon decent by the way her wings look.**

** She looks at the letter again, ...and hesitates for a few milliseconds. She shifts her posture and walks over to the man who was smoking the cigar.** You, ...mister all dressed up, ...your the one offering the money for this?

** She holds up the letter.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 07:45 PM
"he smiles at her showing perfect white teeth" Not quite darling, I'm just a liason between my benefactor and you, now if you're ready to wait for a spell then when everyone arrives we can move to the meeting proper

JenDragon
2013-08-28, 08:12 PM
** She gets a grumpy look on her face.**

If I must, ...alright.

** She finds a seat in the nearby area and plops her butt down.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 08:15 PM
"the man takes out another cigar and lights it as he hums sympathy to the devil"

Acanous
2013-08-28, 09:40 PM
An orb of solid black eats away at the light in the back of the room like a sinkhole.
When it vanishes, it leaves a Blue-and-gold clad figure, sheathing a blade behind him with practiced movements.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5896/spriteacanousbattleflam.png
"You have my attention."

Cogsrow
2013-08-28, 11:17 PM
"the man chuckles" Nice entrance cowboy

Vivian
2013-08-29, 06:02 PM
Hidden beneath the sofa next to the one the dark-haired man was sitting on was a small girl, looking no older than eight, maybe nine at the most. Black fuzzy cat ears that matched her short hair twitched attentively as she clutched the letter she'd received, listening to everyone talk. The tip of a long, furry black tail just barely peeked out the back from under the sofa.

Rei of Hope
2013-08-29, 06:38 PM
*The luminescent glow of the light skin of the woman stood out in the dark foreboding streets of Port Oaks. She had been there before but not for many years and not for good circumstances. The world she had lived in sense the destruction of what she had learned to call home had been one of much beauty and happiness all provided for her. Now she found herself crossing the street to a hotel where she was told to go her blue boots clicking on the cracked cement. She fidgeted a bit in her new outfit, a white "school girl" skirt as her sister had called it with a blue tank top. She didn't want to expose her true self in this town but with the looks from the heathens on the street, she knew the skirt may of not been a good idea. She pulled down on the skirt and top not fitting quite right, not as it used to but still showing a curving body quite nicely. She played with her long white hair as she walked and bit her lower lip exposing her nervousness. She stood out like a woman in comic book store as she opened the door to the lobby joining the others. Surprisingly she smiled seeing the man smoking the cigar.*

JenDragon
2013-08-29, 07:35 PM
** Brigid looks at the feline like being under the couch, not sure if she should scare it or just leave it be. But her demon part causes her to look at the female who enters wearing the tank and skirt. She scrutinizes the woman, ...not sure why she feels as she does.**

Vivian
2013-08-29, 07:58 PM
The small catgirl freezes in place as Brigid spots her, unsure how to react outside of staring through her red-tinted shades at the female. She relaxes as Brigid's attention is redirected elsewhere, though whether that was good or bad had yet to be determined.

Rei of Hope
2013-08-29, 08:14 PM
*The woman keeps her distance seeing the look from the other woman in the room. She knows what she is instantly but still keeps her smile and her distance. She finds a chair and decides to sit and wait not wanting to draw anymore attention than she had already gathered.*

Cogsrow
2013-08-29, 09:19 PM
"the man counts on his fingers' More and more people arrive, good, there are only a few more we need before we can begin

Mr.Vec
2013-08-30, 04:17 PM
The office doors open slowly, an imposingly tall figure stepping in with the air of professionalism normally reserved for CEOs and diplomats. Dark grey hands idly adjust the cuffs of a pitch black suit before adjusting and tightening a dark green tie. The figures head remains lowered to focus on these adjustments, though the sight of two black horns poking through his fedora further betrays his inhuman origin. When his head lifts, one baleful eye scans the gathered men and women, narrowing slightly at the brighter woman. The malice melts away and he smiles widely, extending his arms in greeting,

"Good day to you all. I am Mr. Vec, and I do believe I was promised power. If I may, I would like to be directed to the individual who made this offer to discuss terms and conditions."

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 04:19 PM
"the man chuckles taking a drag on his cigar, his amber eyes glow slightly looking at the newcomer" I think we're waiting on one more, but if he's a no show then we'll get moving.

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 04:32 PM
**Brigid looks about at all the people who are in the lobby. The look on her face says she knows that she is outgunned. She sort of slouches in her seat and tries to look smaller.**

Vivian
2013-08-30, 04:57 PM
Vivian breathed in and out as quietly as possible from her position under the couch, idly wondering how the man seemed to be aware of her presence despite the fact she'd been hiding the entire time. Did he hear her? Was she not being quiet enough? Could they all hear her? But if that was the case, she was surprised she'd only gotten one look so far. 'Either way,' she thought to herself, 'I hope things move along soon...I'm starting to get hungry.' As she thought this, she peered around what she could see of the room's occupants from where she hid, idly licking her fangs.

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 05:59 PM
"the man looks at his pocket watch" hmm seems he's running late

Illven
2013-08-30, 06:01 PM
Someone can fill him in, when and if he gets here. The girl says with a shrug.

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 06:08 PM
"he nods and stands up, he was rather tall just under six foot 8 inches, he runs a hand through his black hair." Well proper introductions I suppose, My name is Daniel nocte. I am a demon of lust and wrath and an archduke of the circle of lust. I will be your handler for your benefactor. if you all will follow me he would like a chance to greet you all.

Vivian
2013-08-30, 06:13 PM
Vivian's fuzzy ears flattened against her head at the man's introduction. It seemed things were starting to progress after all, and she'd have to vacate her spot under the couch. Slowly, the vampire-catgirl hybrid crawled forward, out from under the couch, and stood up, brushing herself off. "Well, it's about time." The small girl announced.

Acanous
2013-08-30, 06:19 PM
This isn't Asmodeus again, is it? Or his daughter? Not that I'd dismiss the offer out of hand, but Violet and I don't get along, and I really won't work under her."

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 06:23 PM
No, I wouldn't work for him. I have some standards

Mr.Vec
2013-08-30, 06:30 PM
The suited figure nods, his grin faltering for a moment at Daniels introduction. He steps back to cease dominating the area and waits for the others to assemble.

"Excellent, though I do hope your benefactor is of a different lineage..."

He comments with a shrug, the smile fading.

Illven
2013-08-30, 06:31 PM
Anything you can tell us about our employer? The girl questions Daniel.

Vivian
2013-08-30, 06:40 PM
Vivian nods in agreement to the girl's question. "Where is our employer, anyway?"

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 06:43 PM
"Daniel walks over towards a painting and tilts it a large stairway opening up in the middle of the room" Answering in order, he is not a demon or devil at all, our employer is a man of power and means but also restricted by many rules and cannot act directly, and his location even I don't know but he is waiting to talk to you down in your new base

Vivian
2013-08-30, 06:46 PM
The small vampire-catgirl gains a look of childish excitement as Daniel moves the painting, furry tail twitching wildly behind her as her ears perk up. "Ooh, secret passageway?"

Illven
2013-08-30, 06:47 PM
Is he an angel, or just an empowered mortal? The girl questioned.

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 06:58 PM
Neither, he's something else "walks down the stairs"

Mr.Vec
2013-08-30, 06:58 PM
"Let us hope it is not that either. However, your comment is reassuring. Lineage is important in leadership, I'm sure you're aware."

He starts to make his way towards the stairs, considerably less impressed by the display than some of the others.

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 07:03 PM
** Brigid gets up from her seat and follows the others to the stairs and down them. She being 6 feet tall is still short compared to some.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 07:13 PM
"Daniel leads them to a large conference room, a smooth polished wooden round table with a holo projector in the middle was at teh center of the room, looking at it there was room for all of them plus 4 more. There were different doors in teh room leading to other rooms. the rest of the room was filled with some equipment various computers to supply data to the holoprojector" Take a seat, your contacts will be here shortly and then our benefactor will address you. so while we wait any further questions for me?

Vivian
2013-08-30, 07:18 PM
Vivian's hand springs up, waving about to get attention. "Why did you choose us? Surely there are tons of people interested in this sort of thing."

Illven
2013-08-30, 07:19 PM
Who are our contacts? The girl replies.

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 07:21 PM
** Brigid shifts her demon looking wings and looks at Daniel.**
I agree with miss furry girl, ...why were we asked to come here? Why not others?

Rei of Hope
2013-08-30, 07:22 PM
*The woman walks slowly behind them all nervously biting her lip feeling the energy in the room. She tries not to make eye contact anyone.*

Vivian
2013-08-30, 07:32 PM
The hybrid child blinks, twitching in place with her hand still held up as she turned to Brigid. "Miss...furry girl? I'm not even that furry, it's just my ears and tail..."

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 07:34 PM
** Brigid shrugs.**

Still furry.

**Wings readjust again with nervousness and her tail lashes about for a couple of seconds.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 07:57 PM
"daniel shrugs I don't know why you were chosen, my benefactor said it must be you so I ensured all of you received the letters. as to why I don't know. Probably has something to do with fate and destiny

Mr.Vec
2013-08-30, 08:03 PM
Without another word, Mr. Vec sidesteps the others and takes a seat at the table, taking a moment to adjust his seat, ensuring he presents himself correctly. He removes his hat, showing off his pointed ears, the special make of the hat for his horns, and his slicked-back, pitch black hair, which he ensures is smoothed down and free of frays.

"If we could have less speculation and more of you taking your seats, perhaps your questions would be answered. I know you mortals have little time and are impatient, but you're delaying the entire process with your bickering. Sit, and I'm sure the servant will reveal his master."

He gestures to Daniel at the end of his comment, nodding as though it is a completely acceptable thing to say.

"And have some decency, you're blocking the door."

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 08:05 PM
"daniel raises an eyebrow" I'm not a servant, I'm acting as his liaison as a favor and cause I'm bound by less rules than him

Rei of Hope
2013-08-30, 08:20 PM
*Sits in one of the chairs not taken away from the impatient demon conversing with Daniel. She looks at everyone as they talk but does not say a word herself. Her glow still warm and bright she pulls at her shirt again as she sits and makes sure her top covers her stomach. She frowns as the demon calls Daniel a servant.*

Vivian
2013-08-30, 08:32 PM
The adorable vampire-catgirl hybrid child promptly takes a seat to Rei's left, looking less excited but still somewhat curious as she looks to Rei, smiling. "Hiya."

Acanous
2013-08-30, 08:52 PM
"I'll stand, for now. Thanks. Armor's uncomfortable to sit in."

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 09:03 PM
** Brigid looks about and moves to a seat that would have her as far from the 4 seats at the head of the table area.**

** After a being seated, she looks like she is trying to hold back tears of pain.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 09:12 PM
"Brigid would feel someone behind her, if she looked back she'd see a man in a thin mechanical suit and close to 7 feet tall, the suit was black and neon green" What's wrong, little demon? now is hardly the time for saline drips from the eyes

Rei of Hope
2013-08-30, 09:15 PM
*Rei smiles warmly to the little creature next to her. She seems a bit stiff but would have warmth about her.* Hello. How ...how are you?

Illven
2013-08-30, 09:16 PM
The girl sighed impatiently. Fidgeting in her seat.

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 09:34 PM
** Looks behind herself and nearly jumps out of her seat.**

Who? What? ...Where did you come from?

** Wipes at her eyes quickly with the back of her left hand. Her fingernails look rough. **

Cogsrow
2013-08-30, 09:36 PM
I come from the land of dreams and smoke, of beakers nad tubes. where all of god's will is bent to my own

JenDragon
2013-08-30, 09:45 PM
** Brigid's expressions is of total confusion at what the 7 foot tall person just said.**

Yeah, ...okay.

** A realization strikes her face.**

How do you know I'm a demon? None of the doctors who did my check ups knew what I am.

Rei of Hope
2013-08-30, 09:57 PM
*Turns to the commotion down from her and watches the two. She picks up on the sadness and she would glow a little brighter.*

Acanous
2013-08-30, 10:32 PM
Acanous looks at the battlesuited figure.
Not blue, so it's not Crabs. No death's head, so not Crom.
"Starkweather? That you in there?"

Jackson Storm
2013-08-31, 12:04 AM
Upstairs in the now-deserted lobby, the main doors creak open to allow a massively-built figure to duck through the entrance and stroll into the dilapidated interior. The man is huge but to all appearances human, and despite his 7-foot-plus stature he moves with the smooth control of a trained athlete - and exudes a certain confident charisma. While his clothing is relatively simple -black tshirt, baggy gray pants with lightning bolts down the outside seams, and heavy black combat boots- the golden Championship belt around his waist is a touch of ostentation and the key to the signature look that identifies him as The Famous Death-Defying Jackson Storm, Performance Crimefighter and publicly-known celebrity hero. As his eyes scan the dim interior from behind slick black shades he mutters, half to himself and half to his audio pick-up, "This 'opportunity' had better be legit... I hate coming to the Isles. They smell like jackboots." Moving deeper into the building, he methodically seeks out signs of life or some clue to the next destination.

Vivian
2013-08-31, 02:29 AM
Vivian beamed at Rei's response, about to respond before noticing the commotion, turning to look as well.

JenDragon
2013-08-31, 10:50 AM
** Brigid gets a feeling that all eyes are on her and she sits back down into her chair, trying to hide. Strangely, the shadows seem to be pulling in towards her to help with the hiding part.**

Cogsrow
2013-08-31, 11:12 AM
"The man in the black and green suit adjusts his helmet, the two telescoping lenses looking at Acanous" No I'm Doctor. Nik- "he stops him self as daniel glares at him and the man in the battlesuit pulls out a sheet of paper" Oh , right,.... I am Czar bomb. "you'd note he had several glass portions of his suit and tubes that seem to be carrying a semi luminescent goop throughout the suit. His voice had a very distinct russian accent despite it's synthetic nature." I regret to inform some of our compatriots are running late

Jackson Storm
2013-08-31, 04:38 PM
With impeccable timing for a late arrival, a deep voice replies to Czar Bomb from the entrance to the conference room.

"Sorry about that, the commute from Talos Island can be a real killer." An understatement, given how the various powers in the Rogue Isles react to interlopers from the City of Heroes.

Jackson fills the doorway for a moment as he strides into the room, crossing to stand beside the table with arms folded across his chest as he gives the occupants a once-over. His manner is relaxed but there is a sense of coiled power to him as he meets gazes one by one from behind his shades, nodding to each individual in turn whether he recognizes them or not.

"I see you didn't waste any time waiting for me, and if this offer is genuine then I can't say I mind. Now that I'm here, don't let me slow you down... People are dying. Let's get right to the pitch."

Vivian
2013-08-31, 04:51 PM
Taking notice of the new arrival, Vivian turned, eyeing Jackson curiously through her red-tinted shades. After a brief swish of her tail and a twitch of her ears, her attention returned to the man who called himself 'Czar Bomb'.

Rei of Hope
2013-08-31, 08:19 PM
*Looks at Czar and sinks back in her seat. Her eyes hit the floor as her fingers play with her hair. She only looks up feeling the new energy coming into the room. She smiles warmly at Jackson as he nods at her.*

Cogsrow
2013-08-31, 08:30 PM
"Czar looks at the new man" It shouldn't be much longer, I already informed him our other associates will not be arriving for a bit

"as if on cue the holoprojector in the middle of the table comes alive it's lights shining as it boots up and a voice is heard, it was calm and sophisticated in it's tone a minor British accent tinges it." It is good of you all to come, I am the one that sent the letters and brought you all here. I don't really care why you answered but you did. I have funded this operation because the rampant crime in this world has disrupted my businesses here and more importantly disrupted the peace of the average citizen. With All the heroic organisations and most the villainous ones off fighting the battallion. It will be up to you to fight the current chaos and establish peace. There fore I have had this base constructed and my most valuable employees placed at your disposal. how you come about your results I do not care about. Now I am bound by rules and can give no further aid. how to get the funds, recruits, technology, facilities, and other such things will be up to you. Your contacts who will introduce themselves shortly may be able to help with acquiring such things. Now then, Any questions?

JenDragon
2013-08-31, 08:36 PM
** Balled up within her shadow ball, Brigid asks.**

Why do we need resources?

Illven
2013-08-31, 08:48 PM
Who are our contacts?

Mr.Vec
2013-08-31, 08:55 PM
"How are we being compensated for our time? Some of us don't have a need for mortal currency. Also, are we entitled to any resources we find, or must they be turned over to your organization?"

Vivian
2013-08-31, 09:04 PM
The hybrid child's head tilted slowly to the side. "Why did you send the letters to us in particular?"

Cogsrow
2013-08-31, 09:08 PM
"the voice chuckles" Well you'll be needing resources to complete more...difficult tasks. With longbow, legacy chain, the stronger forces of the paragon police, vanguard, et cetera, gone, the goal will to be creating a new defense force to protect not only paragon but also the rogue isles. Now as to why the more villanous ones of you would want to do this, well as you may of noticed any crime is near impossible now. The gangs get there first and they're the only ones worth robbing and in too great a number to oppose alone. Now as for your contacts you've met Czar and daniel. The others will introduce themselves shortly. As for your compensation well that can be arranged however you want. You're more than welcome to keep anything you find, like I said I am merely the one who has set the board. It is up for you to move as you desire. Now as to why I sent the letters to all of you in particular, well let's just say a birdie suggested you all to me.

Vivian
2013-08-31, 09:11 PM
Vivian's brows furrowed at the answer to her question. "A birdie? ...Can I eat it--No, wait, I mean, that's pretty vague. Can you be more specific?"

JenDragon
2013-08-31, 09:12 PM
** The shadows around Brigid fade away as she sits up straight.**

Protect Paragon City, ...I have no interested in protecting that place. They failed me already.

Acanous
2013-08-31, 10:49 PM
"I do private consultations for most of the law enforcement agencies as it is. This won't be any different.
Keep me supplied with the things I need, and don't complain about my hours. You'll get results."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-01, 03:30 AM
Jackson snorts and responds to Brigid's declaration in particular, "Don't worry sister, there are plenty of good people working hard as we speak to pick up the slack in Paragon City."

He sweeps his gaze around the room, and unfolds his arms to lean heavily on the table. "It's simple math... we're being commissioned to start a new supergroup where and when nobody would expect one to pop up. With the heavy hitters out of town and the Isles a disorganized mess, somebody..." He glances significantly at the projector, "...has tapped us all to make this our personal playground and bring some order back to the streets. I don't have any illusions that the long-term agenda is all sunshine and kitten whiskers..." He glances at the catgirl, "...no offense, but I'm willing to do the dirty work for now if it means we get carte blanche to bust up these gangs and bring some damn civilization back to even one corner of the islands. Hell, that's what my people are trying to hang onto back on Talos."

The big man straightens and refolds his arms, nodding to the projector. "If your plan starts with re-civilizing the place, count me in. I'm no stranger to urban renewal." Massive knuckles crackle for emphasis as he flexes his fists.

"Before we talk logistics, I think we'd better get a hard count on who's in, and who's gone."

Vivian
2013-09-01, 04:05 AM
The nine-year-old vampire feline glanced to Jackson with a light shrug of her shoulder. "No offense taken."

Cogsrow
2013-09-01, 06:48 AM
"the voice chuckles" Indeed, before we get to far. Who here is in? Keep in mind htere will be compensation. Power, fame, resources, money. By the end of this you could have it all

JenDragon
2013-09-01, 12:06 PM
I don't want power or fame, ...I just ...I just want my family back.

Vivian
2013-09-01, 02:13 PM
Vivian nods slowly. "I want things to go back to how they were...Then maybe Mama will come back. If I get famous enough, maybe she'll remember me."

Cogsrow
2013-09-01, 02:47 PM
"The voice chuckles" Dear Brigid and Vivian you might be very suprised what I'm capable of.

Illven
2013-09-01, 03:12 PM
I'm in. The girl says with a nod.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-01, 03:48 PM
*Sits back up breathing out slowly. She listens to everyone intently as if she cares deeply for their wishes and desires. She speaks up finally her words low but filled with passion.* Everyone...has lost so much. There is great pain in this world, even more than before. Hopeless. That is what keeps this place so dark. Whatever side you all took part of when these places were alive should not matter anymore. There are too few souls left. *She pauses breathing in and out again slowly.* I know ...we all have something we want to protect or fight for. Let that...combine us. As for me, I will help anyone who needs me no matter what is in their hearts. *Looks down again playing with a ring on her finger.* I'm in.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-01, 04:36 PM
"I am interested in linking this with my own business. I would also like to be involved."

He leans back in the chair, one hand stroking his goatee, his single remaining eye looking off into the distance as he plots.

JenDragon
2013-09-01, 04:59 PM
** Seems to have the facial expression of hurt, hate, and having been betrayed.**

I was raised in Paragon City, ...but coming home from school, and my home being gone ...

** Her voice stops as she chokes back tears.**

... I just want others to feel the pain I'm feeling.

Cogsrow
2013-09-01, 04:59 PM
"the voice speaks calmly" well there are plenty of gang members that deserve a lot of pain

Vivian
2013-09-01, 05:19 PM
The girl's eyes go wide with surprise behind her shades for a moment at the mention of her name. She hadn't said it even once. She sighs a bit, supposing the man would have to know who they were in order to send them all letters. "I'm in, then."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-01, 06:26 PM
Brigid gets a troubled look, somewhere between sympathy and concern... that girl's clearly got some serious damage and will need a healthy outlet. Vivian... oh honey, no, that's just TOO sad. He resolves to keep an eye out for that kid in particular, just on general principles alone. PARTICULARLY with Mr. E. Benefactor making creeptastic assurances about 'what he's capable of'. The potential for bringing some good back to the world may be solid, but he's damn sure he doesn't care for their benefactor one bit. He's going to have to double-down on the vigilance re: Ominous Agendas.

Rei's quiet declaration is, appropriately, a ray of light in all this grimness. He looks to her and gives a solemn nod of respect and agreement. Now THERE'S somebody it sounds like he can work with on the same page. This is going to be a REAL interesting team dynamic.

JenDragon
2013-09-01, 06:56 PM
Then whom shall I share my pain with?

**Brigid stands up with some determination and purpose showing in her eyes.**

Rei of Hope
2013-09-01, 07:55 PM
*Her eyes are still cast down as she begins to glow a small bit brighter.* I might be able to help a little if you like, ma'am. *She looks up at the woman who seems so hurt and upset.*

JenDragon
2013-09-01, 08:03 PM
** Looks towards Rei. **

What, ...you want me to beat you up?

Jackson Storm
2013-09-01, 09:03 PM
Jackson arches a single eyebrow over his shades and looks between Brigid and Rei, interjecting before this can escalate.

"I'm thinking more like psychotherapy, with a possible emphasis on the 'psycho'. But now that we know we're all onboard with this grand mission, can we work out the pain-dealing later? We need to get back to talking logistics and get ourselves dug in with this new base."

He begins to tick off points on large fingers. "Since Benefactor here says he can't provide us with more assistance, we need to One: take stock of what we DO have, Two: make sure we've got a secure perimeter to protect it, Three: get formally introduced and start to integrate our talents as a team, and Four: get to work with our contacts here to start best applying our special brand of constructive mayhem."

He nods again to the projector, working to keep everyone's focus on the matter at hand and off of in-team argument. "What kind of supplies and facilities have you set us up with?"

Cogsrow
2013-09-01, 09:11 PM
"the voice chuckles" Quite right mister Jackson. I'll leave you too that, if you really need to speak with me I can be contacted through this holoprojector. Daniel why don't you do show them the holodeck for training? running a scenario might help them learn about each other

"as the voice goes silent Daniel looks up" Well...as I said earlier I am just here for advising, and might be good for us to go to the holodeck so you all can see what everyone can do, chat a bit, and maybe get to know each other. My other associates are running late. though if you all want to just wait here or go to the lounge for a drink I'm not gonna say no

Illven
2013-09-01, 09:19 PM
The girl sits at the conference table.

I don't think I got most of your names. Mine is Melinda. She said.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-01, 09:23 PM
*Waves both her hands and shakes her head.* Oh..no I don't want to fight. I'm sorry if you got that impression. *Stops talking when Jackson does. There is a small speck of something that begins to appear on her face, but it soon disappears when the attention is off of her. She does not volunteer her name.*

Vivian
2013-09-01, 10:57 PM
The highly adorable hybrid child turns to Melinda with a bright grin, showing off her fangs. "I'm Vivian!"

JenDragon
2013-09-02, 01:39 PM
** Brigid looks at Jackson. She raises one eyebrow in the manner of Mr. Spock from Star Trek.**

Psycho?!? Seriously, ...your calling me psycho? How would you go about your feelings if you lost your home and "parents"?

** Sits back down with a Hmph and crosses her arms. The tip of her tail swishing in a very agitated manner.**

Cogsrow
2013-09-02, 01:44 PM
"Czar taps the chin of his suit" Well I remember I blew up my house and parents with my first chemistry set. But I always accepted their lsos as a sacrifice to Science!! "the way he spoke you could hear the exclamation points in the word science"

Vivian
2013-09-02, 02:09 PM
Vivian looks at Czar, utterly horrified. She shrank back in her seat, pulling her knees up to her chest to hug, tail wrapping around the lower half of her legs as her ears flattened against her head. She glanced around the table at the other occupants, waiting for someone else to speak.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-02, 02:17 PM
"Perhaps we can save the shock of deceased parental figures for another time. I believe there are more important things to worry about than painful history. As far as introductions go, as I said before, I am Mr. Vec, I am a mediator between mortals and infernal powers."

He nods and sets his hat back onto his head, standing and straightening his suit.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-02, 02:42 PM
Jackson spreads his hands at Brigid. "I'm just saying that maybe we should rein in the pain-sharing, at least when it comes to this team. ESPECIALLY when it comes to her," he nods to indicate the unnamed ray of light, "Or her," and nods to the huddled kittengirl. "We'll find you a nice healthy channel when we drop the hammer on the local gangs."

Czar gets a long look; he's heard Brass Reactor talk about Science!! with exactly that same fervor, if not quite the same disregard for human life. He nods slightly to himself as he gains some sudden insight into the nature of their armor-suited contact.

Vec's introduction brings another long look, this one thoughtful. "You remind me of a guy I've run into here in the Isles... a lawyer, hell of a knack for fine-print contracts. Expensive suits, fiery swords, a tendency to manifest hooves and burning wings." He rubs at his goatee, "Something tells me there might be, ah, a family connection."

Vivian
2013-09-02, 03:34 PM
Turning toward Jackson, her fuzzy cat ears perk up slightly in curiosity, not entirely understanding. "A channel?"

Rei of Hope
2013-09-02, 04:49 PM
*Bites her lower lip as Jackson and the others talk. She had cringed a little with the mention of parents but maintains her light. If the people in the room were susceptible to energy fluxiations, they would feel a sense of calm and warmth as the woman would appear brighter. She speaks up again her voice still low but cheery.* Maybe if we train together as...Daniel...has suggested we could get to see what we can do as a team?

Vivian
2013-09-02, 10:13 PM
Glancing to Rei briefly, she nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-03, 05:53 PM
Jackson gives a slow nod, eyeing the silent partners around the table. "I'm inclined to agree, then." He grins faintly, "Maybe some people prefer a more active introduction. Odds are good some of you know who I am, but that's as good a place as any to introduce myself properly as well." He looks to Vivian, "And I gotta admit, I'm REAL curious to see what you bring to the table, kitten. Since you're part of this crew, it's gotta be good."

Acanous
2013-09-03, 06:16 PM
The cloaked, armored figure standing near the back of the room politely waits until everyone else is done introducing themselves.
"I am Acanous, the Immortal. I'm not exactly well known to the public, so I'll give you a quick resume. Leader of the Dusk Raiders. Founding member of Speed Club. The 'One Hero Alone' of Siren's Call. I installed the teleportations uppression systems in Pocket D, and refitted the ones in the Zig. I worked with Adam Fairfield to impliment a system called Praetorian Assault Teleportation and Recall In Omega Tactical Situations. PATRIOTS was instrumental in limiting our casualties and cycling fresh troops to the front lines in the Praetorian initiative. I do consultations for supergroups and villain groups, ensuring their instant matter transmission systems are functional and safe. I might not agree with what people do, but I can ensure that while you do it, you're not tearing dimensional ruptures in the fabric of spacetime.
And that's me."

Rei of Hope
2013-09-03, 07:02 PM
*Smiles warmly at the group and then to Acanous.* That's very noble work you do sir. *Takes a deep breath.* Rei of Hope is what I was onced called. You all can just call me Rei.

JenDragon
2013-09-03, 07:04 PM
Fine, ...I'll go to this holodeck with all of you. But I get to beat on one of you.

** Her arms are crossed and tail tip twitching in that agitated fashion.**

Cogsrow
2013-09-03, 07:43 PM
"czar looks down at brigid since he never moved from behind her" Anger turns to fire that can burn not only the whole world but yourself little one. Best let fire turn to sweat water and nurse your scars

"Daniel shakes his head, interesting group that was gathered" Well the holodeck creates hardlight copies of some enemies you may face, so you won't be fighting each other...well not unless you want to

Vivian
2013-09-03, 08:01 PM
Giggling softly, Vivian offered nothing more than a small smile to Jackson in response to 'what she brought to the table'. Tilting her head slightly, she eyes him, as if weighing how trustworthy he was.

JenDragon
2013-09-03, 08:19 PM
** Brigid's tail lashes out towards Czar Bomb, the armor plating on the tip being used more like a knife. **

You don't make any sense, armored man.

Cogsrow
2013-09-03, 08:24 PM
"her tail bounces off his armor and he tilts his head" Now now Fraeulein you need to relax, besides if you break my armor you'll flood the room with radiation

Vivian
2013-09-03, 08:27 PM
Vivian lets out a frightened mewl and huddles back up into a ball with ears flattened against her head as Brigid lashes out at Czar.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-03, 09:07 PM
"If the mortals and lesser infernals are done attacking one another, perhaps we can start planning our next steps. We have a lot of ground to cover and a considerable number of enemies to defeat, and lashing out like children will not solve our problems any faster."

He steps around the others in the room, ensuring that he doesn't touch anyone on his way out, stopping at the entrance.

"I will be in the lobby to protect my clothing if you all decide to kill one another. This suit is worth considerably more than your souls and I'm not willing to pay for another."

With that, he returns to the stairs and heads to the lobby, the soft click of his shoes fading as he gains distance.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-03, 10:56 PM
Jackson mimes rocking back slightly on his heels as Acanous lays out his curriculum vitae. He gives a low whistle and says, "That is some serious cred, my friend. I'm not unfamiliar with PATRIOTS, nice to meet one of the guys behind it. Something of a transportation specialist, in a sentinel-of-time-and-space kind of way. Damn good to have you onboard."

He chuckles in response to Rei's brief introduction, "Well I can see why. Whatever else you can do, you hold onto that, Rei. A little hope is exactly what we all need these days. Likewise, good to have you."

Brigid, with her determination to pound on some one and her attempt to lash out at the armored Czar, gets an upward quirk of one corner of his mouth as he says, "You're pretty... fixated, aren't you? Well, Chemical Brother here is right, you need to handle your **** if you have any plans beyond self-destruction. I've spent enough time around an irradiated-scientist-in-a-can to heartily agree with not breaching his armor, thanks. But we can work with that kind of focus, if you're properly aimed." He chuckles, "If you're determined to pound on one of us, I'll step up for that. It's my job to take hits for the team."

Vec's exit gets a weary roll of eyes and a muttered, "Infernals..." before he shifts his address to the group at large, "Might as well introduce myself now. for those of you who don't already know me, I'm Jackson Storm. Usually billed as The Famous Death-Defying Jackson Storm. Before the Rikti, I was a professional wrestler. One of THE professional wrestlers. Federation of Titanic Wrestling, World Heavyweight Champion three years running." He taps his elaborate gold-embossed belt. "The first invasion kind of changed everything, as we all know, and I had some... Adventures. Got engaged to a magical media mogul, founded the supergroup Deep Hurting, started a new career as a Performance Crimefighter. Learned how to benchpress Buicks and shrug off bullets like spitballs. Created a DVD series about exotic crimefighting adventures around the world, dedicated my life to protecting my fans and inspiring everyone I can to do the right thing because somebody has to." He nods again to Rei, "Hope." He looks around the room again, "Things always seems to come back to Paragon City, and that's where we based ourselves. We mainly work with the Vindicators and Paragon PD, operating out of Talos Island and keeping an eye on Dark Astoria. Livia and the rest of my team are back in Paragon now, trying to hold onto some shred of civilization with Back Alley Brawler and Blue Steel. And I'm here to see what we can do to turn back some of the darkness in the Isles. I get the hate and I take the hits so you don't have to, I choke out demons and monsters and Nazis, and I do my damnedest to get everybody fighting on the same card so at least a few more kids don't have to lose their families and everything they love." He gives Brigid a level look as he finishes.

JenDragon
2013-09-04, 07:53 PM
Maybe I don't want to get my stuff in order.

** Her wings spread partially in a manner similar to a frilled lizard.**

And you, ....Mister Big Strong and Powerful, ...I know better than to take on some like you in an upfront fight.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-04, 08:24 PM
*Rei listens to the others quietly her nerves easing a bit. She smiles at Jackson for his kind words but looks puzzled as he finishes his grandiose introduction.* I'm sorry Mr. Jackson. I don't know any of those things but you sound like a nice person. *Gives him a goofy smile and a thumbs up.* Really neato...I'm sure.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-04, 08:44 PM
Jackson flashes Rei a warm smile and a friendly wink at her thumbs-up, seeming not at all bothered by her lack of reaction to his introduction; given its grandiose delivery and the story it tells, it could be inferred that showmanship and drama are just in his nature.

To Brigid he waves his hands in reassuring negation. "Nah, nah, not like that. You've got a real need to pound on something, right? I'm pretty sure I can take it. If I'm wrong..." He chuckles, "That'll be very valuable to know too. But either way, I seriously want to see what you're capable of. It's sounding like you're going to be a primary brawler after all, and I don't see any point or anything to prove in trying to take you down. Just show me what we're working with."

JenDragon
2013-09-04, 11:17 PM
** She narrows her eyes at Jackson.**

Let's just say that the people who met me in a fight definitely weren't doing very well afterwards.

Acanous
2013-09-04, 11:25 PM
"I'm usually up for sparring, either with or without weapons. Provided you pay the medical bills. Still, would be good to have a timetable before we start burning free time. What's the first item on the agenda, gentlemen?"

Jackson Storm
2013-09-04, 11:26 PM
He raises his eyebrows over his shades and grins at Brigid.

"When we get to the holodeck, show me."

To Acanous he says, "It sounds like we've accomplished everything we can in here, without these late arrivals at least. Sounds like assembling in the holodeck is next. We need to tour this place anyway. And you bring up a good point about medical bills. We need to check out the sickbay, take stock of our trauma unit."

Cogsrow
2013-09-05, 12:24 AM
[["huge post incoming"

"Daniel looks at his watch" They should be arriving soon "as if on cue three more individuals walked in, The first was a man dressed head to toe in form fitting combat armor, a mask covered his face and a rifle was on his back, he took a seat near daniel. The Next was a massive lizard woman, she easily was seven and a half feet tall and her body was amazonian in strength and muscle mass her emerald scales matching her blue and green plate armor. The last was a robot, a laser rifle on it's back it stood next to the lizard woman. YOu notice this is one less than daniel had said would be coming and you hear a yell from the stairwell as a man in a circle of thorn's suit bearing black and purple markings falls down the stairs, he had raven black wings and wore a hood and a mask, when he looked up all you saw was a bit of white skin and green eyes, he dusts himself off and goes over to the other contacts'

"Daniel clears his throat" These 5 will be your contacts along with myself, granted you'll find I'll only really be here as an unbiased voice to give you information on any plans they put forth, now you've all met czar already but we also have abendroth, our magical expert, Hk our tech expert, VIncictus our mercenary and intel expert, and Doctor Zydra our mutant expert "he motions to the circle mage, the robot, the merc, and the lizard"

"Zydra clears her throat, her long tail coils around her leg and her voice is tinged with a brazillian accent" I am DOctor Zydra, one of the most well renowned experts on mutations of hte human genome, both natural and unnatural. I myself was a hero of the Paragon city street sweepers and i was a mutants rights activist after we disbanded as a super group, I am in charge of the medical facilities here along with Czar

"The circle mage clears his throat and speaks, he sounded like he was from the isles and couldn't be older than 18 "I'm Zeke Abendroth, I am the son of the former head of legacychain and the former apprentice of one of the high circle mages, I came here so I can help with any magical threats the group may face...and because the circle has collapsed almost entirely

"the robot speaks next, the voice was synthetic but noticeably female" Statement: Greetings, I am HK-262 I will be your acting tech expert, I am a product of I.O.S.S industries. I am in charge of runing hte manufacturing systems here to outfit any soldiers you recruit and also I am in charge of planning for base expansion

"the last to speak is vindictus and he speaks with a posh British accent "I am Vindictus, more than that about my personal history you do not need to know, I am in charge of maintaining any soldiers we recruit are properly trained, deployed, and equiped. I am also in charge of making sure they have adequate sleeping quarters, food, and medical services. I am a former head of the Screaming hawk's mercenary group.

Illven
2013-09-05, 12:36 AM
Melinda turns to Czar.

I got my powers from a friend screwing something up in an experiment. She said bitterly.

Vivian
2013-09-05, 12:45 AM
The small vampiric kittengirl warily eyed each contact as they spoke, clinging to Jackson once everyone had arrived in the new room and half-hiding behind him, as he seemed reliable enough.

JenDragon
2013-09-05, 09:12 AM
** Brigid just stands there all broody like. Looking at everyone and trying to figure out who she can hurt the fastest for the "test" of abilities.**

Jackson Storm
2013-09-05, 01:24 PM
Jackson absently gives Vivian a reassuring pat on the head between her fuzzy ears, the action unconcious and instinctive as the little catgirl uses him for a security barrier. Standing tall and strong with a seemingly-vulnerable child sheltering behind him suits him, like a glimpse at someone in their perfect natural place within the grand scheme of the cosmos. (OOC: It's the quintessential Jackson Storm, like the scene in the first Hellboy movie where Hellboy fights a demon with one arm while protecting a box of kittens under the other.)

He nods approval at the assembled contacts, especially Zydra and Abendroth who claim to hail from heroic backgrounds. "Looks like the gang's all here, and we seem to have the bases covered. I'd definitely say it's time to move on to the holodeck and Medical."

Vivian
2013-09-05, 06:59 PM
Vivian lets out a soft, happy purr at the pat, pleased with the attention. She continued to use Jackson as a shield, though; no one needed to know how dangerous she really could be just yet.

Acanous
2013-09-05, 08:06 PM
Acanous nods to Jackson. He waits on the others to lead the way.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-06, 05:33 AM
*Looks confused and is not paying attention. She mumbles* Medical bills? I don't charge.

Acanous
2013-09-06, 05:58 AM
"Good to know, but couldn't assume."

Cogsrow
2013-09-06, 11:52 AM
"zydra clears her throat" Well perhaps we should begin the tour, and when that is done we'll call up our first bit of business, unless you would like to discuss business first.

JenDragon
2013-09-06, 12:01 PM
** Brigid shrugs.**

I don't care what we do first. I'm just getting bored.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-06, 12:03 PM
*Yawns and blushes as she covers her mouth.* It would be nice to move around a bit. *Giggles, her pale skin glowing more as she gets a far off look in her eyes.* I am joyfully not getting much sleep now a days.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-06, 12:29 PM
Jackson glances around at the group, "Tour first. Knowing the base might change the order of business to be discussed." He nods his head at the exit, then gives Rei a puzzled look. "Joyfully?"

Cogsrow
2013-09-06, 01:19 PM
"zydra nods" Czar and hk come on we'll show them our wing "Czar and the robotic hk get up and follow her towards a door leading out of the room"

Illven
2013-09-06, 01:20 PM
Melinda gets up and follows Czar.

So, how do you feel about science gone bad?

JenDragon
2013-09-06, 01:21 PM
** Brigid moves with the party behind their contacts, but she seems to be trying to keep some space as well.**

Vivian
2013-09-06, 01:24 PM
Still clinging to Jackson, Vivian peers out from behind him to watch everyone start leaving.

Cogsrow
2013-09-06, 01:51 PM
"Czar looks at her" There is no such thing as science gone bad, yes sometimes it hurts people but something new can always be learned. For example I lost my physical body, I am a cloud of sentient gas. I can never feel the sun, wind, or water of the earth upon my flesh. I can never feel the touch of a lover or family member. I am cut off in a purely cerebral world. but my new condition allowed me to study radiation's affects on body and I've developed dozens of improvements to modern cancer treatments due to it. Also many mishaps create superheroes. there is good in every scientific misshap

Illven
2013-09-06, 02:02 PM
But a less developed mind with your condition may not have been capable of studying the effects of radiation on your body. So at that point it would just be solely a bad effect.

Cogsrow
2013-09-06, 02:23 PM
"czar looks at her" Then such a person should go to such a developed mind to help them find a cure and uses for their condition. I could of cured myself ages ago but I choose not to....mostly cause I'm functionally immortal like this.

"Zydra lets out a small chuckle" Some of us take to our mistakes more than others, granted Czar and I were the top minds in our respective fields. SO we took these changes as good chances to study

Illven
2013-09-06, 02:32 PM
Melinda looks at her hand, which started glowing red. Tearing up a little she spoke.

I never thought about.... I always assumed it'd be permanent.

Cogsrow
2013-09-06, 02:40 PM
"czar looks at her" Most people like the power so they don't want the cure, others do, personally I like how I am.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-06, 02:44 PM
*Bites her lower lip and laughs nervously.* Oh...um...well I I just don't need much sleep, and I can do more good when I am awake. *Looks pleased with her answer.* Yeah...that's right. I ..I do good.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-06, 07:30 PM
The looming devil follows the small group, having shadowed two of the contacts back to his comrades, remaining in the back to listen. His single eye rolls each time they complain about their past, and specifically keeps his distance from Rei. An intentionally loud clearing of the throat is all he allows to inform the group of his presence, deciding that alienating them is not in his best interests at the moment.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-06, 08:23 PM
*Rei jumps hearing someone behind her but smiles seeing the man.* Oh good! I am glad you are back. The more we have to the group the better.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-06, 09:03 PM
"Unfortunately, a larger group is more difficult to....manage. However, I'm sure our benefactors are more than capable of leading our heterogeneous party."

He nods to Rei, keeping his damaged eye towards her.

JenDragon
2013-09-06, 10:46 PM
** Something come up behind the group and lightly tugs at Vec's suit, then it is gone.**

** Brigid isn't walking very close to Rei, baffled as to why she feels something about her being.**

This medical and science wing better not try to hold me here.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-07, 10:20 AM
Jackson strolls along with Vivian clinging to every step, listening to the byplay and nodding along. Rei gets an unconvinced glance at her tentative answer, but he doesn't press the issue. Vec's return is noted, but otherwise not commented upon. And to Brigid he says, "I think confining any of us here is exactly the opposite of what they want with us."

Cogsrow
2013-09-07, 05:31 PM
"Zydra giggles slightly" You're a smart one, but you're right we're more interested in setting you 7 loose and hope you destroy everything we want gone. "they arrive to a large underground greenhouse, there were plants of all types as far as the eye can see and plants you've never seen before in your entire life" This is the Garden, It's my lab and work area, here I grow the mutated plants and natural plants to get special medicines and medical supplies to supply our soldiers and you fine fellows if the need should arise. "she motions around to another door" Through there is a hydroponics system to grow plants down here, and also gardens where I'm studying genetically engineered foods

Mr.Vec
2013-09-07, 06:58 PM
"I think that subjugation would be preferable to annihilation. These thugs and miscreants can still serve a purpose, one should never underestimate a competent puppet organization."

His gaze turns to the plants and follows her hand to the other door, seemingly disinterested.

"Perhaps we can be individually shown to the areas that we would be most interested in?"

Cogsrow
2013-09-07, 08:20 PM
Well, sure, but this is one of the major rooms, and it's my work place where you can find me. also it's on the way to czar and hk's workplace "czar nods, and the robot continues following in science'

Jackson Storm
2013-09-07, 09:50 PM
"This is definitely going to make food supply much less of a headache to maintain. Sounds like you have a few things cooking for..." he chuckles, "...'medicinal purposes', too."

To Vec he says, "If you're going to be a productive member of this team, you're going to need to start working on your tolerance for 'group activities'. Stick around, ride out the tour."

Mr.Vec
2013-09-08, 01:23 AM
"Based on the conversations I have been forced to endure, it's likely that I will be the most productive member, owing to a lack of historical issues and a preference for results over kindness. Simply put, I will prefer to solve the problem of disorder with fear and authority, rather than remaining on the sidelines and whinging about deceased family members or fear of containment."

He places his hand on his chin and tilts his gaze to the ceiling, then nods.

"Also, I will prefer to be pro-active, I surmise that the rest of you will remain reactive to the bandits and their slaves. Please prove me wrong."

Vivian
2013-09-08, 03:22 AM
Peeking out from behind Jackson to look around every now and then, the kittengirl's furry ears twitched at the mention of food, perking up. "Do we get to eat here? Or do we have to go back home for that...?"

Cogsrow
2013-09-08, 04:46 AM
"czar speaks up" All methods will find use, you'll need many tactics to retake territory from the gang. Keep in mind many of the lower ranking members are people that joined out of fear. Better to join evil than be a victim of evil I suppose.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-08, 02:29 PM
Jackson twists the corner of his mouth upward in a humorless smirk at Vec.

"Your preferences will be taken under advisement. Also noted, your preference for whinging about people whinging."

He gives his head a small shake of exasperation, then tilts it toward Czar as if to direct Vec's attention to the gaseous scientist.

"He's right, we're going to need an adaptable playbook to tackle this job in the long term, and a lot of the people we're going to be tangling with have already been ground under by fear and authority. Hell, we're in the Isles, that's the traditional freakin' national pastime here. We're going to have to try something that they HAVEN'T been used to all their lives, or it's 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'. And if you're still 'surmising' that the rest of us are going to remain reactive, then you haven't been paying attention since you got here. You need to keep up with the program."

He glances down at Vivian and fuzzles her ears, moving on as if that was the last word on that subject.

"Kitten here brings up a point. We've got the garden here, but where's the dining hall? And more to the point, how many people can it support before we have to start expanding?"

He frowns slightly and looks around, "And where do you get your, ah, non-vegetarian menu?"

JenDragon
2013-09-08, 02:35 PM
** With having been "focused" on sharing her heartache and emotional pain by inflicting pain on others, Brigid's stomach finally gives her a reminder that she has not eaten for a while.**

Rei of Hope
2013-09-08, 03:29 PM
*Rei listens as she does before, her eyes focusing on anyone who speaks giving them her attention but not adding anything herself. As they enter the room with the food her eyes go wide and she can not help but lick her lips. If anyone is looking at her, they would notice the same black outline appear on her face as before but then quickly go away as Rei closes her eyes. She speaks quickly stuttering a little trying to recover. * This...could so help so many people who need healthy food.

JenDragon
2013-09-08, 04:55 PM
** Noticing the black markings that seem to come and go on Rei, Brigid steps a little closer to her.**

Hey, ...are you sick or something? Or did someone do an experiment on you that is mutating you?

Cogsrow
2013-09-08, 05:04 PM
"Czar looks back at rei examining her closely with one telescoping lens as Zydra keeps talking" Well for the meat situation is reconstituted soy proteins, basically we take proteins from soy and use nanoweaving to construct meat out of them. I guess it's obvious I'm a vegetarian isn't it? "she laughs a bit" As for how many it can support, well assuming full rations for all a human's nutritional needs well maybe 200 people at the most? this is meant to support our soldiers not the populace, we'll have to take larger factories for that. We simply don't have enough room for such things here. Also as for a dining that would be the lounge, Daniel's the chef

Jackson Storm
2013-09-08, 05:37 PM
Jackson nods satisfaction at the answer, "First we get our own house in order with supplies and personnel, the better to establish a safe haven for the people we'll be freeing. This is a good start, we just gotta be sure we can protect what we hold."

He glances at Rei, frowning, voice sharp with concern.

"Something wrong?"

Rei of Hope
2013-09-08, 06:07 PM
*Her eyes are like a dear's in the headlights as they look at her. She looks down and then glances behind and looking back.* Yes, I'm fine. Just a little hungry. And a little nervous I must admit. I've been a home body for a bit. *She looks confused as she looks down trying to avoid their eyes on her.*

Vivian
2013-09-08, 06:15 PM
Vivian looked utterly disappointed at the response given. "So we don't have any actual meat, then? Are we allowed to go outside and come back at will?" There was no way she was going to settle for soy things in place of fresh meat and blood.

Cogsrow
2013-09-08, 06:31 PM
"zydra chuckles" Why not give it a shot little dear? I promise it's exactly the same, see we just take the small parts everything are made of and use them to build normal blood and meat, we've actually used the process to make usable donor blood. It's the same as a human beings

Jackson Storm
2013-09-08, 09:50 PM
Jackson compresses his lips and eyes Rei, unconvinced... it's ridiculously obvious that she's hiding something, but at the same time it feels more like 'potentially-embarrassing personal secret' than 'hidden truth that dooms us all' so he lets it slide once again. Something to be checked out diplomatically at a better time.

To Zydra he says, "Ahhhhh, yeah, I know what you mean. Faux steak so realistic you could convince the cow to miss it. That technology will definitely come in damned handy in many ways, not least with donor blood on demand. Speaking of, where is Medical from here?"

Vivian
2013-09-08, 10:06 PM
Vivian grumbles a bit in acknowledgement. "When do we get to eat then? And yeah, where's the medical stuff?" Still maintaining her position hiding behind Jackson.

Cogsrow
2013-09-09, 01:51 AM
"zydra grins" Well as for when you can eat, we can show you the lounge after the medical wing and Daniel can cook something up I'm sure the former chef of blackfriday has no problem cooking faux food "Daniel shrugs" I've had to cook faux tofu before, a little fake meat I'm sure I can turn into a delicacy "Abendroth holds his stomach, it grumbles slightly, it seemed not all the contacts thought this tour was necessary"

Mr.Vec
2013-09-09, 01:51 PM
He waves his hand dismissively at Jackson with a dismissive scoff.

"Fear and authority are the only methods to control mortals. Paragon had its so-called freedom, and it was arguably much worse off than this place. I do, however, enjoy the condescending tone in your voice. It's almost as if you believe I am required to bend to the will of a glorified entertainer."

He grins at Jackson, but while Jackson's reflected his irritation with the devil, Vec's is full of cruelty and malice.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-09, 01:57 PM
Jackson raises his eyebrows slightly at Vec's words, staring thoughtfully at the devil as if studying him intently. He leans forward slightly, not saying a word as seconds stretch out, as if some kind of answer is just beyond the grasp of understanding.

Vivian
2013-09-09, 02:13 PM
Peering out from behind Jackson, an eyebrow is raised in Vec's direction, followed by a few giggles. He thought people could only be manipulated with fear and authority? Now that was funny. She'd have most of them wrapped around her finger soon enough.

JenDragon
2013-09-09, 02:27 PM
Any food, ...right now would be nice.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-09, 02:34 PM
Mr. Statesmen was not feared neaither were many heroes I knew. *Smiles* And some who claim to be Villians. I can see their hearts, sir. Love...and respect can work too. But...our views are not important. Working as a team...is what is going to get what ever it is we all want.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-09, 02:43 PM
Jackson finally speaks again, still staring intently at Vec. "Superglue?"

Cogsrow
2013-09-09, 03:36 PM
"Daniel shrugs" Is it not an old saying to lead with a carrot and follow with a stick? it was machiaveli after all that said it was best to be both loved and feared as a ruler, just that in a pinch love can go. Was a good book, bought a first edition off the man

Mr.Vec
2013-09-09, 06:41 PM
Mr. Vec crosses his arms, staring down the man with his one, baleful eye, the other remaining closed with scars criss-crossing the lid. His tail swings side-to-side, displaying his irritation.

"I can see that you will be....problematic. Your mortal bravado is irritating at best, and I will no longer indulge your ego. If you become a hindrance, however, I will be forced to act to defend myself and my clients."

He turns to continue down the hallway, a smile crossing his face as though the confrontation never occurred.

"Perhaps we should get the other mortals their sustenance so that we can finish our tour and begin working."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-10, 08:23 AM
Jackson snorts, "That's a good trick to not lose his hat, when his head's shoved that far up his own ass."

He looks to Daniel, "Machiavelli said a lot of things in The Prince, don't take them all as political gospel." He then claps his hands together and looks around the group, adding, "Don't need to ask who's hungry, so let's hit the lounge and give the menu a trial run."

Rei of Hope
2013-09-10, 11:25 AM
*Rei smiles at Daniel in admiration before looking down again. She nods to Jackson as he mentions food and fixing her clothes again she speaks.* I have had Daniel's food before. There is no better. I think we can all use some...fellowship. *Looks proud of herself for using a big word.*

Vivian
2013-09-10, 06:45 PM
Vivian blinks, tugging lightly on Jackson's pantleg. "You shouldn't say bad words." Staring up at him through her red-tinted shades with the most adorable face possible, fuzzy cat ears twitching with her tail swishing behind her.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-10, 07:03 PM
Jackson has the decency to look chastened and nods solemnly down at Vivian.

"You're right, kitten, that was rude. I'm sorry."

He takes a half-step away from her and turns to face her, dropping into a crouch to bring his face much closer to her level.

"What would you like to eat?"

JenDragon
2013-09-10, 07:20 PM
** Looking a little irritated that the progression to food is slowed down by this conversation.**

It shouldn't matter on what she wants to eat, ...she should be thankful for food in general.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-10, 07:24 PM
Jackson shoots Brigid a hard look over the top of his shades, since his face is now much lower.

"It matters to me, and you should be thankful too."

Vivian
2013-09-10, 07:25 PM
Ignoring Brigid, she offers Jackson a bright grin, displaying her fangs. "Steak would be good...And I could use some blood." Maintaining the same face of utter adorable innocence throughout speaking.

JenDragon
2013-09-10, 08:08 PM
I will be thankful, once the food is in my stomach.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-10, 08:17 PM
Jackson holds his gaze on Brigid for a moment more, before looking back at Vivian.

"Bloodthirsty little cat, aren'tcha? Alright, let's see how rare they can make their nanorecombinant steaks."

Straightening, he offers Vivian his hand to hold on the walk.

Vivian
2013-09-10, 08:23 PM
Giggling happily, she grasped Jackson's hand, trailing along next to him. "Sounds good!"

Acanous
2013-09-10, 08:45 PM
The crinkling sound of a paper bag announces Acanous' presence at the rear of the tour group.
"Is there a garbage around here?"
He's holding a crumpled up Wendy's bag in one hand, and a half-finished Tim Horton's coffee in the other.
..."What? You were all talking about food, so I stepped out to get a burger."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-10, 09:09 PM
Jackson looks back over his shoulder as he walks and laughs at the sight of Acanous and his haul.

"Next time can you hit City of Gyros on your way back? And I'm pretty sure you just volunteered yourself as designated beer runner."

Cogsrow
2013-09-10, 09:15 PM
"they are lead to a well furnished and comfortable lounge a piano was in the corner and music from it played softly creating a relaxing ambience, lots of deep reds and soft chairs for them to well lounge around. Daniel heads over to the bar and puts on a chef hat" So what does everyone want to eat?

Mr.Vec
2013-09-10, 09:17 PM
Vec clasps his hands in front of him and offers a slight bow,

"I'd hate to seem rude, but devils do not require mortal sustenance. However, if we are granted rations, then mine can go to whoever requires it the most."

JenDragon
2013-09-10, 09:53 PM
As long as it is actual food, ...I'm not picky.

** Sits in a seat next to a table.**

Rei of Hope
2013-09-11, 09:20 AM
*Rei licks her lips smelling the Wendy's. She grimaces looking down at herself and fidgiting with her clothes. But she looks up smiling warmly at Daniel and sits at the table.* Some fruit please and...just a little bit of hot chocolate please. Just a little.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-11, 05:05 PM
Jackson ponders.

"Well, since no actual cows will be harmed in the making of this burger, let's make it a BIG greasy one. Give me some pseudobacon while you're at it too, thick-cut. Let's see... make it a half-pound patty, we'll do a proper bacon cheeseburger. Fake swiss on it. All the way with tomato, red onion, lettuce... oh, and the closest you've got to A1 steak sauce."

He looks at Acanous and says dryly, "Dunno why I'm in such a burger mood."

Acanous
2013-09-11, 05:27 PM
The Blue and Gold Gatekeeper shrugs.
"You probably burn a lot of calories. Well, while you all eat I'm going to make myself a nuisance in the workshops. See what kind of IMT these guys are using."

Cogsrow
2013-09-11, 07:51 PM
"Daniel gets to work cooking everyone's food he was rather skilled at it working with the hands of a master chef. The fridge seems to have everything he needs as he goes to pull it out the room soon smells of burgers being cooked as he opens a bottle of blood and sets it on the counter for Vivian"

Vivian
2013-09-11, 11:17 PM
Snatching the bottle off the counter quickly, Vivian resumes hiding behind Jackson afterwards and takes a sip from it. Peering out from behind Jackson with that oh-so-adorable face, she decided she wanted almost the same thing as him. Along with the blood, of course. "I-I'll have a bacon cheeseburger too. Without the lettuce or tomato."

Rei of Hope
2013-09-12, 11:13 AM
*Rei can't help but smile brightly her glow growing to almost a notable light around her. She watches Daniel as he cooks waiting with patience for her food. She turns to the group and in a louder more confident voice expresses.* This is nice. We should get to know people while we eat like a family around a dinner table. *Giggles*

Jackson Storm
2013-09-12, 01:45 PM
Jackson grins hearty approval of Vivian's food choice, remaining standing with arms folded as he watches Daniel cook since the little catgirl seems to be getting a lot of security out of having him to shelter behind. He nods to Rei.

"Positively domestic in here, nice to take a moment to almost forget the work we've got cut out for us."

Mr.Vec
2013-09-13, 12:02 AM
"If the revelation that work is upon us is enough to stress you, perhaps you may want to consider a different line of work."

Mr. Vec finds the seat he considers to be the "head" of the table, sitting straight in his chair and his forearms resting on the arm-rests after placing his hat on the table.

"I was not aware that we would be gaining discussing our pasts. It would create an environment of familiarity that may interfere with efficiency. I should not be concerned if one of you is, for example, afraid of fire, since it would hinder my abilities in combat. However, let it be known that I feel we can avoid combat if at all possible."

Cogsrow
2013-09-13, 12:05 AM
"Daniel chuckles as he sets out everyone's food" Well every warrior needs a place to escape the din of battle

Jackson Storm
2013-09-13, 12:30 AM
Jackson waves a dismissive hand at Vec as he sits down to his burger at a different table.

"The fact that we're all here to begin with is more than enough to point up how foolish and empty your little suggestion is. The way you keep bellyaching, it's sounding like you're the top contender for tapping out of this little show anyway. Maybe it isn't our fortitude you should be the most concerned with."

He takes a big juicy mouthfull of his burger, savors it, and nods to Daniel.

"Man, they weren't kidding about you. I don't care if it's mostly phony, that's crazy good."

Cogsrow
2013-09-13, 05:25 AM
"czar takes a martini and sips it through ha straw into a hole in his helmet" Well if you lack the empathy and compassion to care if a teammate is terrified of fire then it matters little if you know it "he activates his anti grav boostters and kicks back floating, his cape dangling down touching the floor" And is it not best to know more about each other? if only so you know how each person will react. "zydra sits to the side of the table and munches on a salad" Really czar what they do is up to them, as long as they do their job then I dont' care how they do it....well preferably with as little civilian loss of life as possible "vindictus takes a seat putting his big leather boots on the table" Casualties are guaranteed best they get the job done "through all of this zeke goes and sits in a corner taking out a book reading it not really caring for the conversation, his raven wings wrapped around him"

Rei of Hope
2013-09-13, 08:01 AM
*Smiles warmly at Daniel as she sips her hot chocolate. She leans back in her chair looking relaxed. She picks up a strawberry and munchies on it happily. She looks out of the corner of her eye at the burger but goes back to her fruit.* Thank you, Daniel. *She turns to the group as she finishes her strawberry and goes back for more.* Well, maybe, sir, it would be good to know a little about each other. Like if someone was scared of the dark. You wouldn't want them to go down a dark place. They would not get the job done. Or maybe...um...someone...doesn't have many powers to fight anymore. *Breaths in and out slowly.* Like me.

Vivian
2013-09-13, 01:52 PM
The small kittengirl took a seat next to Jackson, setting her bottle of blood down for a moment to pick up her burger. She eyed it for a moment before attempting to take a large bite the same way she'd seen Jackson do, though this failed horribly, as the burger seemed to be bigger than her mouth. Her ears twitched, indicating a mild interest in the conversation going on, but she offered no contribution to it, instead focusing on taking a small bite of the upper half of her burger, leaving the lower half sticking out somewhat oddly.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-13, 01:58 PM
Like Jackson, he waves his hand dismissively at their comment, leaning back in chair, his hand stroking his goatee for a moment before responding.

"If one lacks supernatural abilities, then one can still fight with ones hands, if the need arises. However, it would fall on you to avoid a scenario where you would lose your abilities in the first place.

His gaze falls on Jackson,

"As for my commitment to this little endeavor, I have already noted the lucrative position it places me in. I may complain about the mortality and concerns of the other parties, but this does not stop me from exploiting an excellent situation. And ideally, we are here to ensure that you and the others have the necessary energy to carry out operations, enjoying the company is not a prerequisite to dining."

Rei of Hope
2013-09-13, 02:44 PM
*Rei tries to respond but her words fail her. She pushes her fruit away gently and quietly sips on her hot chocolate not saying anything as she chews on her bottom lip thinking.*

JenDragon
2013-09-13, 03:18 PM
** Brigid eats at the burger which Daniel served people, but at the mention of talking with each other as if they were one big happy family just gave her a look of a dangerously developing storm cloud.**

Acanous
2013-09-13, 08:30 PM
Acanous, meanwhile, had been sneaking off to the tech labs. Time to cook up some gizmoes.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-14, 12:58 AM
Jackson wipes his mouth between bites of burger and asks Vec without looking up from his heartstopper special, "Since you're so committed, can you be committed with less whining? It'll do wonders for team efficiency, which seems to be a definite thing with you."

He dives back into the burger with gusto, sparing a nod of agreement to Acanous's suggestion when the magic geek heads off to the labs.

"Beer, that's what this needs. I'll take a bottle of the local brew."

JenDragon
2013-09-14, 12:59 PM
** Brigid quietly eats her burger and after finishing it, she gets up and moves to another area of the lounge to sit.**

Vivian
2013-09-14, 01:09 PM
Vivian pauses between small bites of her burger to giggle at Jackson's comment to Vec, afterwards taking a few sips from her blood bottle before continuing to work on the burger.

Mr.Vec
2013-09-16, 05:27 PM
"On the contrary, informing the group of potential effects which will degrade efficiency, theoretically, should increase efficiency if they are acted on. An excellent example would be your need to portray an alpha male status. Not only is it a primitive, bestial urge, but it will create friction when you are told what to do."

Again, he waves his hand dismissively and looks away from the dining members, fixing his attention elsewhere.

Jackson Storm
2013-09-17, 09:36 AM
Jackson simply laughs between bites of the last half of his burger, giving his head a slow shake.

"Friction? Oh, you have no idea."

He packs away the last of the meal on that note, grinning to himself and watching Vivian devour her own burger bite by small bite.

Vivian
2013-09-17, 05:51 PM
Barely a quarter of the way finished with her burger, Vivian paused mid-bite, looking up at Jackson feeling his eyes on her. She stared back at him after blinking once, slowly resuming the consumption of food keeping her eyes on him. It would probably still be a while before she finished, if she even could.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-18, 08:04 AM
*Rei settles into her chair watching Vivian eat so painfully slow. Her stomach growls and she blushes eating a blueberry from her bowl.*

Cogsrow
2013-09-18, 03:40 PM
czar puts his feet up on the table despite the fact that he wants to" Well since we're all here, except one individual but if he doesn't want to stick around he can miss out on important decisions. Now before you all begin your first mission I would like to explain we do have limited resources here. we can equipand outfit a certain number of soldiers, different methods will take more or less resources and time. And thats the question before us. we need an armed and trained force to maintain peace in the areas we take back.

"daniel clears his throat" Thus there are several decisions before you.

"Zeke clears his throat looking up from his book" I propose we use my contacts in the mu and circle of htorns to recruit magic using indiviuals, we'll have a smaller force but our soldiers will be far more affective

"czar laughs" Nonsense my idea is best, I have managed to synthesize an improved version of the warden's serum, one shot and our soldiers are supersoldiers, well with proper psychological screening of course

Zydra shakes her head No no, the mutants of the city are downtrodden and could use any hope we can give them, recruiting them in masse would give them a sense of purpose

"vindictus rolls his eyes behind his mask Or we can hire crack teams of mercenaries, I have dozens of contacts, I can't promise they'll be very gentle with the people but we can get a lot of well trained soldiers quick

"hk the robot speaks up for hte first time in her soft feminine voice This unit suggest creation of robotic forces, most efficient use, no lose of life, powerful, just expensive in creation "they continue bickering, it was obvious you would have to make a decision"

Vivian
2013-09-18, 05:27 PM
Vivian looks up at the group of contacts, her burger suddenly gone and bottle empty, as if time had somehow stopped allowing her to finish eating before resuming. Her head tilted slightly. "Producing artificial soldiers seems overly pointless and expensive. There are already so many lives out there waiting to be used. Mercenaries aren't a great option either; what if someone offers to pay more than us? I vote we should recruit both mages and mutants, a powerful combination."

JenDragon
2013-09-18, 06:42 PM
Why don't we just make the people too afraid of us. Pounding a few into the pavement will show them that we aren't weak about what we do.

**She stays in her seat away from the others. Her arms crossed.**

Cogsrow
2013-09-18, 06:54 PM
"daniel raises an eyebrow and leans forward on the table " That could be a strategy you employ. a sufficient enough beating and body count could easily deter the gangs from trying to retake a district, however would also make the populace more afraid of you, and les recruits for when the gangs do attack. Also you can't be everywhere at once, your soldiers will handle things you're to busy for

JenDragon
2013-09-18, 06:57 PM
**Brigid furrows her brows, crosses her arms, slumps in her seat.**

Fine do what you want.

Vivian
2013-09-18, 07:10 PM
The kittengirl let out a small huff. "Beating them up is a terrible idea." She got up from her seat, walking over to Brigid. Tilting her shades down slightly, her crimson irises peering up at Brigid, she put on an adorable pleading kitten-ish face in hopes of winning her over. "Don't you think my idea would be better?"

((rolled 1d20; result:
14 +15
Sum: 29))

JenDragon
2013-09-18, 07:13 PM
You want to lead a group.

**Shrugs**

Your choice. I'm just into wanting them to leave me alone.

Rei of Hope
2013-09-18, 07:50 PM
*Rei listens to all the options but looks lost. She bites her lower lip and shrugs her shoulders.*

I have never been much...on decisions when it come to getting people together to...well fight. But what ever you guys decide I will support your efforts. But I..I can't hurt people ma'am.

*Looks over at Brigid.*

Mr.Vec
2013-09-18, 07:56 PM
"I agree with magic users and mutants. Few magic users will outclass a larger mundane force, and the mutant population will be easy to control due to their perceived second class status."

Mr. Vec nods,

"Violence is also an excellent way to deter uprisings, a strike against one of the stronger organizations may secure our reputation."

Jackson Storm
2013-09-18, 08:31 PM
Jackson waves a hand as if to brush aside the idea, "Like I've already said, jackbooted thuggery and ironfisted rule are what these people are used to. It might get their attention in the short term, but it's more of the same they've always had in the long run. Nothing special, and it just makes us blend in with every other petty tyrant that's held a knife to the throat of their loved ones. If we're going to make a REAL difference, stand out as something new and worth paying attention to, we're going to have to mix up our game. We can certainly crack some heads taking out the current jackboots in charge, but brutal violence is not going to be a viable way to run the show once we've freed up Joe Groundunder out there. Plus, you know, it'd be completely WRONG to try it that way."

He gives Vec a distasteful look, "I hate to admit to agreeing with Prada over here about... well, anything, but he's got it right. It's all about presentation, and the message you send. When we do hit one of the local power players, we need to dismantle them hard, and visibly. Make a show of it. Our ring entrance is going to need to bring the crowd to its feet."

He sighs, and adds, "I also agree with the idea of a mixed force. Having to choose only ONE option is a false choice, nothing says we can't diversify. What we need is a versatile core force that we can build on, one that can tackle problems multple ways. Magic users and mutants give us a lot of flexibility, and I say we add some crack troops in there. If we can't afford an army, then let's hire a few squads of the best commandos our resources will buy. Besides, a mixed force can police itself to an extent, if any of our enemies does decide to offer our mercs a bigger paycheck."

Vivian
2013-09-18, 08:36 PM
Vivian turns back to Jackson, fuzzy ears perked up happily as he seemed to agree with her. Somewhat. It was good enough. She walked back over to her seat, turning and grinning at him after sitting.

Illven
2013-09-21, 07:06 PM
A magic using force seems best. If we have limited supplies, we'll want to spend as little as possible on each meat-shield. Melinda said eating some fries.

JenDragon
2013-09-23, 11:27 AM
** When everyone gets up to do their planned stuff, ...Brigid heads back towards the entrance of the building. She exits the building and flies away.**

Vivian
2013-10-07, 02:48 PM
Vivian yawned idly, slouching in her seat as she glanced around the room, half-glaring at everyone for being so quiet.

Mr.Vec
2013-10-12, 08:15 PM
"Perhaps we should begin our preparations then."

Mr. Vec stands up and starts to walk towards the entrance to the room.