PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a build!

tzar1990
2013-08-29, 03:36 AM
So, her's the deal - as part of my job, I get to sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day, and at the moment, the majority of that is just waiting. I need something to occupy my time, and given that installing games on a work computer is right out, I've decided to go instead with Pathfinder character building. The campaign I'm playing in right now is currently at level 6, so I make backup characters of that level for myself... And pretty much everyone else - by this point, I have a fairly standard representative of every class out there.

What I'm hoping to get is some ideas for the core of a build - "**** this area in particular AoO fighter!" "Intimidating but pacifistic bard!" and so on and so forth. Something weird and atypical for that class. Something that takes work to make, instead of just coming out of one of the various guidebooks. It doesn't need to be incredibly strong, but I'd prefer not to start with any inherently unworkable concepts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you make!

JHShadon
2013-08-29, 04:16 AM
I've had a crazy idea for a build ever since I discovered this feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/crusader-s-flurry).

Take a level as a cleric of Gorum, use the Crusader archetype to get Weapon Focus: Greatsword, then become a Monk with the Martial Artist archetype because Gorum is a chaotic god, get Crusader's Flurry when you can, then start slicing and dicing all who oppose you as a Monk with a Greatsword.

TrollCapAmerica
2013-08-29, 05:07 AM
Not too long ago I played PF for the first time and I really wanted to try out the Oracle.Thanks to the SRD I managed to find some of the uncommon playable races and I started forming an idea

A Mermaid Oracle with the Lame curse and Nature Mystery for Bonded Mount so you can get around on land.Originally I was going to take a horse but ended up with a Camel Mount after I read how Nature Mystery worked out loud and everyone at the table cracked up at the concept of the Mer-Camel rider in a tropical archipelago.I then slapped on the Sea Singer trait for pretty singing voice and a Save DC bonus on language dependent spells.A few 20 Cha fueled spells and throwing javelins later and I was in business

After tacking on "Friend to animals" I basically ended up playing her as a Disney Princess.It ended up working out well since the game had all newer players that were so sub-optimally built that my Camel was the best fighter best tank and best debuffer [Spit] in the party