PDA

View Full Version : I'm rich! What should I buy?

Chester
2013-08-29, 09:56 AM
Hey all!

I'm a Dread Necromancer with 4,200 gold pieces. I want to buy something cool that's not overpowered or unreasonable for my 3.5 adventures.

Some suggestions that I could bring to the DM that are fitting?

forsaken1111
2013-08-29, 10:05 AM
5 eternal wands of summon monster I and a custom wand holder which spins so you can activate them fast in sequence?

Bunnygun!

Medic!
2013-08-29, 10:06 AM
Lots and lots of onyx.

Chester
2013-08-29, 10:12 AM
5 eternal wands of summon monster I and a custom wand holder which spins so you can activate them fast in sequence?

Bunnygun!

As a Dread Necro, is it possible to find wands of summon undead 1 and have a zombie gun?

Srasy
2013-08-29, 10:12 AM
If you have good dex nothing beats a warbeast T-Rex! And when it dies you should be able to raise it!

Amphetryon
2013-08-29, 10:14 AM
5 eternal wands of summon monster I summon undead I and a custom wand holder which spins so you can activate them fast in sequence?

Bunnygun!Fixed that for you. :smallwink:

forsaken1111
2013-08-29, 10:16 AM
Fixed that for you. :smallwink:

Not nearly as fun and fluffy, but more appropriate I agree. And who's to say they can't be zombie bunnies?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-29, 10:18 AM
Get an Anklet of Translocation (MIC) for 1400 gp. After that start collecting the components for a Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) if that's what you're into. Otherwise get started on this list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851).

Auramis
2013-08-29, 11:02 AM
What are the members of your party? You could get an item that supplements you and could possibly fill any gaps between your party members, in terms of missing skills or utility. Whenever I buy items, I generally try to think in terms of the group over the one.

Chester
2013-08-29, 11:29 AM
What are the members of your party? You could get an item that supplements you and could possibly fill any gaps between your party members, in terms of missing skills or utility. Whenever I buy items, I generally try to think in terms of the group over the one.

Other members are Barbarian (planning to switch to Fighter and later Rune-Scarred Berserker), Cleric, and Bard/Rogue (later will prestige to Unseen Seer). My Dread Necro will go the Dread Witch route, then back to DN.

negativedreamer
2013-08-29, 12:51 PM
You should give the money to the Rogue/Bard. He will spend it way better than any necromancer ever could.

Chester
2013-08-29, 02:20 PM
You should give the money to the Rogue/Bard. He will spend it way better than any necromancer ever could.

Har dee har har!

GilesTheCleric
2013-08-29, 02:21 PM
I recommend some metamagic rods. Lesser extend is 3k, an excellent deal. A use-activated magic item of lesser vigour/cure minor is also indefinitely useful, and runs ~5k.

When I had too much money and asked my DM what I should spend it on, he recommended a rust monster, fed on a mixed diet of gold and platinum pieces.

Sith_Happens
2013-08-29, 02:59 PM
What level are you?

Zanos
2013-08-29, 03:03 PM
Vest/Cloak of Resistance + 1 is nice. 1k gp for +1 to saves, upgrade when you can afford it.

2k gp for a Handy Haversack if carrying capacity is a problem or you like to use activated items in combat.

3k gp for a Fortifying Bedroll if night watch is an issue.

If you're low level, you could buy some casts of animate dead from cleric, getting some nice beasties like zombie ogres that you can then just use command undead to control.

ArcturusV
2013-08-29, 03:06 PM
Presuming this is 'extra' money and not something you need to keep parity up... I'd consider something like Eight Diagram Coins, Lesser. Get a free Augury 1/day. I can say from experience that there is practically never an adventuring day when I wouldn't use that. And really is there any class that can't benefit from having an Augury gut check on potentially ruinous plans?

Urpriest
2013-08-29, 03:11 PM
How much does the ring of desecration cost?

Chester
2013-08-29, 04:52 PM
What level are you?

Just hit level 4. :smallsmile:

How much does the ring of desecration cost?

4,395 gp for the lesser ring. I may be able to barter . . . :smallwink:

Presuming this is 'extra' money and not something you need to keep parity up... I'd consider something like Eight Diagram Coins, Lesser. Get a free Augury 1/day. I can say from experience that there is practically never an adventuring day when I wouldn't use that. And really is there any class that can't benefit from having an Augury gut check on potentially ruinous plans?

All money is extra money. :smallbiggrin:

Grayson01
2013-08-29, 09:57 PM
A Boat! then find Sharks, Kill Sharks Raise them as Zombies, then have the Cleric (hopfully has one of these as a domain Spell) Cast Whirlwind, Control Weather, or Storm of Vengence and then you can have a Zombie Sharknado!