PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE A SECOND (aquatic monster)!

pilvento
2013-08-29, 02:57 PM
The first random encounter was more than a succes, the adventurers faced the gargantuan Sea Drake, after a long chat with it they refused to pay and the encounter started...

The Darfellan barbarian dived and got swallowed right away, the Drake rised above the surface and the cannons, the warmage and the ninja fired a volley of cannonballs, magic orbs and razor sharp shurikens, but it wasnt enough. the Drake conscripted the entire ship and started to crush it.
The captain, also a PC decided to act, he rushed over the monster serpentine body dealing as much damage as posible, but only the ninja was dealing real damage to the monster since he was able to reach the creature head with his attacks, the only place where vitals could be spotted.
The Drake noticed the main threat and in a single move, swallowed it whole.
It all seemed lost, the ship was about to colapse, but then, they heard noices from inside the beast, and in a burst of blood, guts, and sea water, the Barbarian sliced the beast from inside, the blow was more than fatal.

The Young ninja was alive but injured and the ship was in terrible condition, they rushed to the nearest port, but before that, the captain gave one last order. The sea drake was harpooned and carried as a throfy to the port...

Now the PCs will celebrate in the port while the ship gets pimped with some nice orange drake-fin sails and the most bad ass drake skull for the ship head.

Time to release another acuatic monster.

The playground already gave me lots of choices, want to help me decide?
Dire sharks? toad-people? that dam sige crab? THE KRAKEN?

Nettlekid
2013-08-29, 04:01 PM
I don't have any suggestions that people didn't make in the first thread already, but I just wanted to say that "aquatic" is spelled with a "q."

And just to stay relevant to the thread, since I hate posting something that isn't on-topic in at least one sentence, perhaps sirens or something like the mermaids from Pirates of the Caribbean 4? Singing sea monsters which enchant sailors and draw them to the depths? It's aquatic-themed, but very different than a smash-and-bash monster like the drake you just sent them against.

pilvento
2013-08-29, 04:03 PM
Most of the thread was just to thank and inform that the encounter was more than awesum, i couldnt find the last thread :P

Deophaun
2013-08-29, 04:45 PM
the Drake conscripted the entire ship...
I just had an image of a sea monster emerging out of the water to draft everyone into a war with France. Then Canada was invaded for some reason.

Kane0
2013-08-29, 06:19 PM
An Aquatic Elf Druid that summons a sharknado.

Nettlekid
2013-08-29, 06:20 PM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297584) your first thread, by the way, if you were looking.

ddude987
2013-08-29, 07:52 PM
An Aquatic Elf Druid that summons a sharknado.

If only there was a like button...
Or a sharktous I might add or a two-headed shark or... you get the idea

ellindsey
2013-08-29, 08:31 PM
If only there was a like button...
Or a sharktous I might add or a two-headed shark or... you get the idea

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2kiw8?The-Sharktopus