PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: The Reckoning. Curing Derangements?

Jeivar
2013-08-29, 05:08 PM
I'm running a HtR game for the first time, and two of the players have been gathering virtue points at great speed and getting the mandatory derangements. They are getting really really crazy and the players are NOT skimping on roleplaying the effects.
I recall reading something about buying off derangements with XP but I'm having trouble finding the rules for it.
Are hunters just destined for a kaleidoscope of mental illnesses if they keep raising their virtue scores or is there something that can be done?

SaurOps
2013-08-29, 06:20 PM
It's probably not going to help, but if they reach ten dots in the Virtue of their Creed, then they can opt to become Extremists (Independent, Divine or Infernal). This process trims their Derangement list down to one, but it becomes impossible to get rid of it.

Aside from that, if the rules are getting in the way of the game, you might want to change them. Reduce the number of Derangements they get, make them easier to resist, or just go with the Extremist relief method without having to become an Extremist in favor of just having one derangement that gets more problematic with higher Virtues, but not super-problematic in the way that having a page full of derangements is.