PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k HQ and options help

sambouchah
2013-08-29, 05:11 PM
So recently a friend convinced me to buy some Warhammer 40k models and a codex so I could join him and some of his other friends when they play. I bought the starter box(I guess) of space marines and after putting them together I am finally ready to buy my HQ. I have a Rhino, 2 Tactical Squads(one with ten models and one with five), a five model Assault Squad and finally a five unit Scout squad.

So first question; What HQ should I choose? I like the Librarians but the Chaplain seems pretty cool as well.

Secondly; What should I equip each squad with when I field them?

Thanks for any helpful advice you can share, Sam:smallbiggrin:

Keris
2013-08-29, 05:18 PM
While I can't offer any direct advice (it's been at least one edition, maybe two, since I last played 40K), I recommend asking the guys over in the Warhammer 40K Tabletop thread.

Though I also understand that Space Marines will be getting a new codex in the next month or so, the most tactically optimal choice may be changing soon.

Squark
2013-08-29, 07:30 PM
Yeah, you should probably wait a bit, especially as there are plastic Chaplains and Librarians supposedly incoming.

Link to the playground's 40k thread, Ive already taken the opportunity to quote you there. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15923693#post15923693)