PDA

View Full Version : Is this balanced?

Cowboy_ninja
2006-12-19, 10:15 PM
im assuming this is the forum to post stuff you make up and have them rated for fairness and balance. so heres a feat i made ( though it has no name yet):

Benefit: you can use any melee weapon you are currently weilding as a substitute for any material components of focuses that cost 1/4 of the weapon's cost. For example if you are holding a great sword you may cast spells w/o material components or focuses costing 12.5 GP. the weapon does not get destroyed in the process of casting a spell. you do threaten the area around you with the weapon. If the weapon is a two handed weapon you may hold the weapon in one hand temporarily allowing you to cast spells that are less than a full found action. you must be proficient with the weapon.

what you gusy think? anything i forgot? anything unbalanced that i need to fix?

StickMan
2006-12-19, 10:31 PM
No that is hugely overpowered. You total skip the cost of what your casting and cost for many spells is a balance. Once you get a magic weapon you can cast truly powerful spells at no cost to your self. Spells that have costly componets have them for a balance, and this feat total gets rid of that.

Even if its no magical a spell caster with this feat will have far more money then one with out it. If you cast say 10 spells that cost the given 12.5 GP then you have saved 125 GP over some one with out it. Cast that spell 100 times and you've saved 1250GP. Once you get you weapon magic and higher level spells its like your printing your own money.

Steejans
2006-12-19, 10:33 PM
perhaps of the weapons base cost, ie before magic effects...but then even MW weapons would cause the spell to be overpowered...