PDA

View Full Version : Making a strange party

Blackhawk748
2013-08-29, 05:48 PM
Ok first things first if i DM for you dont read any further and leave. LEAVE NAOW! I shall contain the important stuff in a spoiler.

Ok so i got bored at work today and i devised a rather odd campaign idea. Me and my players will play characters at lvl 20 that are based off of our favorite Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Now the problem is making them as i plan on doing this as what we call a screw around campaign, so ill be making them myself. Also they will each get a legacy item (yes i know some people dont like them but my group does) based off of their favorite equip card, so this might get a bit weird. So the cards are as follows:

Me: Celtic Guardian with Sword of Dragon's Soul
The Dark Creator with United We Stand
Summoned Skull with Buster Rancher

there will probably be a fourth but i dont know what it is yet. Now im open to just about anything as i only really know where to go with my character and am stumped with the others. For the Celtic Guardian i was thinking Wood Elf Warblade/Fighter possibly going into Eternal Blade.
Thanks in advanced for all your help.

Nettlekid
2013-08-29, 05:52 PM
I had a Fairy-based deck for a while, and Airknight Parshath with Cestus of Dagla was something I enjoyed using. Deals battle damage even when defeating a monster in defense mode, and Cestus raises your LP by the amount of battle damage done. Not a super-fancy combo, but enjoyable when I was in like 6th grade.

Archlord Zerato is also really awesome.

EDIT: Oh wow, I'm an idiot, I forgot to actually suggest anything for builds. Um...

Summoned Skull's clue is in the name, probably some sort of Awakened Skeleton Dread Necromancer or something. I know in the anime Summoned Skull used a lightning attack, so maybe an Awakened Skeleton Warmage? The Buster Rancher could be used to amplify Warmage Edge...but only if the opposing monster's HD is higher, or something? I don't know how to translate Atk and Def into D&D terms.

The Celtic Guardian thing sounds good, with Wood Elf into Eternal Blade. Feels appropriate.

Because of its unusual summoning mechanic, The Dark Creator makes me think Warlock or Dread Necromancer. You need lots of dead dark things in order to exist. And United We Stand fits into that, because of your dark dead allies and all.

Blackhawk748
2013-08-29, 06:05 PM
I was totally thrown by Dark Creator, so i think a Dread Necro may fit, but what do i have him as a race?

For Summoned Skull i was thinking of using some sort of Demon or Devil that naturally used lightning and just reskinning it to look like a giant undead, the problem is i dont know outsiders that well.