PDA

View Full Version : Help me make the Mask of Majora!

AutumnLotus
2013-08-29, 09:51 PM
After looking into the Custom item rules for Legacy weapons, I realized that the idea of a mask portraying the archetypical 'Majora's Mask' would be fun for my next game I will be playing in. My question to you, dear playgrounders, is what abilities would fit this concept best? What would be the most 'optimal'? And what base item would fit best, assuming custom items are allowed?

ryu
2013-08-29, 10:05 PM
Depends do we want mask on host which uses host as a puppet, and confers terrifyingly strong magical powers, or do we want the free mask which turns into **** and has trippy as hell forms and attacks?

lianightdemon
2013-08-29, 10:15 PM
It would be an intelligent item with many magical abilities including poly morph any object, with a crazy high caster level.

It can turn people into other races, or into trees. (Watch the ending of the game and wait for the end of the credits)
Transform the moon into an evil moon that has a slow flying speed, and crush attacks. I would consider this to be a new monster entirely. (creepy ass moon wtf Nintendo)
Create a demiplane inside the moon, which includes vegetation. As well as 5 dungeons.
Domination for turning the wearer into a puppet.
More polymorph abilities for turning into the various forms of the mask during the final fight.
Has flight ( most likely perfect)
More then likely telepathy to control the puppet.

The mask can also summon it's minion the moon and force it to speed up. (thus reducing what would have been hours of travel time to mere minutes)

AutumnLotus
2013-08-29, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...it does have ridiculous powers in the game, of course. Here are two ideas taking this into account:

Have it be an intelligent item with a massive ego, as well as having legacy abilities. The Wearer (a caster of some sort) would have a LOT of utility at the expense of the normal legacy penelties. Would having it be an item familier work in this situation?
Have the Mask of Majora be Inhabited by a Fiend of Possession (Fiend Folio), probably a Lesser Tiefling/etc as the character. This would be more simple, but I dont believe that Prc is very useful for casting

Thoughts?

PrinceOfMadness
2013-08-29, 10:36 PM
If you want an evil moon, link it to Atropus. Perhaps the mask is an extension of the dead god's will, and flies through the cosmos until it finds a planet for him to consume, at which point it acts like a beacon.

AutumnLotus
2013-08-29, 10:43 PM
If you want an evil moon, link it to Atropus. Perhaps the mask is an extension of the dead god's will, and flies through the cosmos until it finds a planet for him to consume, at which point it acts like a beacon.

I may or may not, perhaps the mask is an aspect of Atropus and its legacy quests involve awakening/beaconing/etc to the Elder Evil towards the material plane

Crake
2013-08-30, 01:11 AM
Massive ego probably works better than domination. Have it's legacy penalties also be things things that reduce the user's will save, but give him immunity to mind affecting, so only the mask itself can influence the wearer.