PDA

View Full Version : Rage Monster

cbaidchris
2013-08-29, 09:58 PM
So I'm looking at creating a new character and I have this concept of someone who is an average adventurer normally but when it comes time for heavy combat just loses it and destroys everything in sight. Some things I've toyed with include shifter weretouched master, enlarging, girallon's blessing for the sprouting extra arms (and the totemist equivalent). It could even be more finesse style but I haven't found anything on the quick dex side that fit sudden burst boost aspect but any ideas would be appreciated. Most 3.5 material is allowed but races typically have to be kept to something core or a UA variant of it. Thanks.

Waker
2013-08-29, 10:09 PM
Well, so far it sounds like you may want some levels of Barbarian in there somewhere. Shifter is a decent race for this, especially when you factor in stuff like Shifter Savagery from Races of Eberron. There are a handful of Rage PrCs available, such as Runescarred Berzerker, Totem Rager or the somewhat dubious Frenzied Berzerker. They all have there own pros and cons.
Everyone else will post their own suggestions, but since I'm the Incarnum nut, I'll go on with mine. Consider going Shifter Barbarian/Totemist/Totem Rager. The resulting character has access to a fair amount of skills as well as melds that boost them, multiple movement forms, several natural attacks and extrasensory abilities. Shifter Savagery boosts the damage and critical potential of all natural attacks, making it an excellent feat for a Totem Rager. Make sure the grab the Spirit Lion Totem acf from Complete Champion to give yourself Pounce.

mabriss lethe
2013-08-29, 11:16 PM
I think this screams for a Warhulk build of some sort.

ShadowFireLance
2013-08-29, 11:19 PM
Or you to get DM to let you use this:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286983

Christine Daae
2013-08-29, 11:44 PM
I have always been a fan of barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Berserker 5/ FB10

ksbsnowowl
2013-09-01, 11:28 AM
I have always been a fan of barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Berserker 5/ FB10

Do that with a Goliath with the Mountain Rage ACF.

If going gestalt, add War Hulk on the other side.