PDA

View Full Version : Desert Punk Vs. Batman.

Kyberwulf
2013-08-30, 12:18 AM
The setting is an abandon building in Gotham. Both sides have a limited time to set up the field.

Punk is Hired to take out Batman.

Batman has just heard about some new player in town, and wants to bring him to justice.

Killer Angel
2013-08-30, 06:08 AM
Afaik, desert punk is a mere mercenary. He's very good (the best one in his world), with some nasty tricks upon his sleeve, but we're talking 'bout Batman, here.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-08-30, 11:50 AM
If Punk is hired to take someone out, then he researches the subject then moves to take them out...usually from a distance, with a sniper rifle. He's not going to just move up on Batman to fight him, he's not a hand-to-hand fighter. At best he'd zip-by on grappling hook to shoot Batman with his handy-dandy shotgun. He uses misdirection and psychological warfare (enraging his enemies, unlikely to work in this case) to get into a superior position to put them down. If that fails, he'll snap and resort to guerilla warfare (or putting an IED in the bathroom).

...He's still just a 16 year old kid with some remarkable gear. Sure, he has oodles of live combat experience (and not against criminals, out and out killers) and he's earned his nickname of 'Demon of the Desert' but this is Batman. Unless it's Nolanverse batman or possibly the Animated Series Batman cause...honestly, Punk could figure out who Bruce Wayne is and has absolutely no compunctions about just attacking Bruce Wayne ("Morals is for suckers!") at a social gathering. It'd also depend on where they fought. If it's the Great Kanto Desert then Batman is boned. Literally. The Great Kanto Desert practically goes out of it's way to make sure even half-way decent people get the ever-loving tar kicked out of them by a-hats like Desert Punk, never mind that he has a tremendous home field advantage. And before someone says Batman could take him by surprise, which he might, it's going to be difficult since Desert Punk packs a fair amount of tech devoted to picking out enemies, even at night. It's Batman, obviously, but if Batman underestimates him...and...well...he might, then he'll end up in a very poor position.

If they both take each other seriously then...it's going to be a very long fight cause Kanta will, in his own words, 'run like a little bitch' if he thinks he's over his head, come up with a new plan, and attack it from a different angle once he's ready. And he'll keep doing that until he wins or is captured/dead, with his innate sense of strategy/tactics being his greatest advantage in his own setting.

....Though I have to ask, how does Batman defend against an odorless, colorless nerve gas? This is extremely relevant actually.

EDIT: Wait, I just reread the parameters for the match-up. Why on earth would Punk stick to that? O.o It completely takes away his advantage of his jet-propelled grapple...though it does make easier to pump nerve gas through the air ducts.

Kyberwulf
2013-08-30, 04:20 PM
Despite Desert Punk saying it, he never really runs away from a battle. Also, he seems to stick in one area until his enemies are taken care of.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-08-30, 04:40 PM
Despite Desert Punk saying it, he never really runs away from a battle. Also, he seems to stick in one area until his enemies are taken care of.

...You and I remember things very differently. Punk retreats constantly to a more advantageous position. Even if that position is 'no longer here'.

Kyberwulf
2013-08-30, 04:46 PM
There is a difference between running like a bitch, and using the terrain to you advantage.

GloatingSwine
2013-08-30, 05:19 PM
....Though I have to ask, how does Batman defend against an odorless, colorless nerve gas? This is extremely relevant actually.

He deals with enemies who use gas based weapons on at least a fortnightly basis.

Apart from the fact that Batman is the most paranoid man on earth and is ready for anything, he's especially ready for odorless colourless gases....

Zaydos
2013-08-30, 07:30 PM
He deals with enemies who use gas based weapons on at least a fortnightly basis.

Apart from the fact that Batman is the most paranoid man on earth and is ready for anything, he's especially ready for odorless colourless gases....

By which you mean is regularly knocked out and captured by enemies using visible, smelly gas.

Fan
2013-08-30, 07:36 PM
His mask has a built in filter IIRC, he just breathes through his nose for that period of the fight.

He also has sonic emitters, a kryptonite ring, a bat sonic transponder that summons bats, several gas grenades of his own, smoke pellets, a grappling hook, sonic grenades, sonic batarangs, grenadarangs, standard batarangs which can be thrown with enough accuracy to stop the bullet of a gun causing it to backfire, and he also carries C4.

He hasn't been taken out by a gas weapon in.. ages.

Batman has prep? lightspeed bullets that cause seizures at said speed, "Brother Eye" a sattelite that can and will allow him to see everything Desert Punk is doing, access to his power armor. Hell, he could pop into the Fortress of Solitude and borrow a few weapons from Clark's armory worst comes to worst.

Batplane on autopilot to do missile strafes and bombing runs.

Dear god, Desert Punk doesn't have a prayer.

FallenGeek
2013-08-30, 08:09 PM
Batman has prep? lightspeed bullets that cause seizures at said speed, "Brother Eye" a sattelite that can and will allow him to see everything Desert Punk is doing, access to his power armor. Hell, he could pop into the Fortress of Solitude and borrow a few weapons from Clark's armory worst comes to worst.

"Rubber bullets. Honest."

Of course it's the Batman for the win. Anything Punk can do, one of Batman's enemies can do better.

Firearms - Deadshot
Quickly move around - Catwoman, Killer Moth

Scowling Dragon
2013-08-31, 11:48 PM
Lets say he even KILLS Batman. About half a year later Batman returns too life.

He was NEVER dead. He was:

Traveling through time
A Duplicate
Had a Ketchup pack near his bulletproof helmet
On vacation.

So yeah. Batman is indestructible.

Fri
2013-08-31, 11:57 PM
The funny thing is, that's what would happen if Batman defeated Desert Punk as well.

Scowling Dragon
2013-09-01, 12:00 AM
So they battle for eternity until forgotten by pop culture.

For they live forever as long as they are remembered.

Lateral
2013-09-01, 12:07 AM
So they battle for eternity until forgotten by pop culture.

For they live forever as long as they are remembered.
Well, then Batman clearly wins. A 74-year-old superhero worth billions of dollars vs. a sixteen-year-old manga with a one-season anime in a battle of cultural memory? Come on.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 12:39 AM
The funny thing is, that's what would happen if Batman defeated Desert Punk as well.

Since...when? :smallconfused: If Punk were defeated/arrested he might escape...but if he died, he's dead. End of story.

His mask has a built in filter IIRC, he just breathes through his nose for that period of the fight.

That...sorta requires him to be aware of the gas in the first place and the fact that Desert Punk uses it (this is not well known, Punk does not go advertising what he can do).

He also has sonic emitters, a kryptonite ring, a bat sonic transponder that summons bats, several gas grenades of his own, smoke pellets, a grappling hook, sonic grenades, sonic batarangs, grenadarangs, standard batarangs which can be thrown with enough accuracy to stop the bullet of a gun causing it to backfire, and he also carries C4.

In order...

and?

Useless.

Also useless (what would bats do?).

Unlike Batman the Punk wears his gas mask all the time.

Punk has a superior version.

Less useful then you'd think.

What's the difference from regular sonic grenades?

These are problematic but no more so then rocket launchers (something Punk has been shown to handle).

That's absolutely silly...also completely impossible.

And so does Punk, in greater quantities even (he carries bricks of the stuff).

...And how much of that is he going to actually bring to bear against a mercenary that was hired to take him out, not an actual super villain? Also, Punk doesn't have powered armor (which does exist mind, he just doesn't have any), he has lots of kevlar/body armor and a helmet/gas mask with a bitchin' sensor suite...that also lacks anything that would allow a modern day hi-tech satellite to access it. (it has a radio that is connected to...the radio, there's nothing to 'access')

Because Batman does this all the time against seemingly ordinary thugs. :smalltongue: If he did, Gotham might actually be crime free by now, albeit slightly smaller. More importantly, this is taking place within a single building.

You underestimate Desert Punk, which is weird since the people who have consistently done good against Batman have been Badass Normals who either lack super-powers entirely or are just on the other side of being super-human (the Joker, Deathstroke the Terminator, Bane, Judge Dredd, etc.). Look at the parameters of the battle, neither really seems to know anything about the other and is just given some time to prepare the battlefield. Batman, to all my recollections, does very little to prepare battlefields...he prepares against enemies. And what's he going to learn about the Punk? That...he has guns. And, assuming for some absurd reason Batman had access to information from the Punk's setting, that the Punk is some supernatural demon who always completes his job...None of that info is helpful.

You are pulling out preparations that Batman would take in order to prepare against a badguy he knows tons of info about and lots of time to go and get the proper counter-measures. A) He doesn't have that info. B) He doesn't have infinite time. He has 'a sort amount of time to prepare an abandoned building'. Honestly, I don't think Bruce has been in that sort of situation or that he would resort to anything beyond his usual tricks considering what all the information on Punk he actually has.

Here's the real difference...The stuff I mentioned? Punk actually does against Joe-Smoe henchmen. Given a limited amount of time to prepare, he'll put down mines, explosives, cans of nerve gas in the ventilation ducts, balloon decoys everywhere he expects to fight, and find some secluded vantage point to take out Batman with a single well-placed shot (even if it would take more then that since Batman wears kevlar that doesn't look like kevlar). No banter, no toying with, none of that. When Punk's on the job, he's on the job and if the job goes south he sure as hell is spiteful enough to blow the entire building to kill Batman and himself since he's the type of lucky bastard to survive something like that (all the body armor and experience with explosives come in handy there). Why would he do all that? Because he values his rep enough that he'd rather lose all that money in gear to ensure he keeps his reputation as the best mercenary in the Great Kanto Desert, something he can and has done before. I've never seen or heard of Batman pulling out half the stuff described against a random guy who recently arrived in Gotham on a nebulous agenda.

Will Punk lose? Of course, he's in Gotham and 'Bat-god'. But he's not a pushover and Batman will pay for underestimating the short little b*****d. If it was in the Great Kanto Desert? ....Batman would be dead in a ditch somewhere.

Scowling Dragon
2013-09-03, 01:25 AM
Callos, what rules are you making? You just made rules where Punk has all the time he wants, yet Batman doesn't. Where Punk is operating under anime rules( His comfort zone), and take Batman out of Comic book rules.

So your just kinda skewing the Battlefield too whatever you like. Thats kinda unfair.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 01:45 AM
Callos, what rules are you making? You just made rules where Punk has all the time he wants, yet Batman doesn't. Where Punk is operating under anime rules( His comfort zone), and take Batman out of Comic book rules.

So your just kinda skewing the Battlefield too whatever you like. Thats kinda unfair.

I haven't in fact. The stuff I mention? Does not take Punk long to set-up at all, he's just has that much experience at it because he does it all the time. Literally, I can think of...one fight Punk has been in where there hasn't been stuff exploding left and right, often times when he's had very minimal amount of time to prepare the battlefield. Hell, he manages to set up an entire field of balloon decoys in an area that he's just gone to in order to attack a gang, as well as set up several trip mines. He did that during the fight.

On another occasion, with a lot more time to prepare, he mined an entire section of a skeletal city to bring it down on the heads of the bandits he was hired to drive off. For an attack taking place in a single night, he had three/four separate plans that all basically resulted in 'blow the top couple floors of a skyscraper away in various ways' that he had his apprentice do so she'd get the experience with it that he already has.

The OP doesn't really clarify how long is 'a limited time to prepare the battlefield' so I didn't mention the above incident with the Edo River Gang before, but all this other stuff? He usually does in a very short amount of time with the stuff he has on him. Batman's prep, from what I've seen/know, generally takes more time to do then 'an hour or so' which is what I've assumed Punk has and is geared towards who he's fighting and not where he's fighting.

Where Punk is operating under anime rules( His comfort zone), and take Batman out of Comic book rules.

...And I'm not even sure what this even means. :smallconfused:

Kyberwulf
2013-09-03, 01:48 AM
I don't think he said punk gets all the time he wants. He just said punk would use his time more efficiently. Batman isn't known to prepare his battlefield ahead of time. He does his research, which in this case wouldn't give him much. If the people of Gotham reacted to Punk like the people of the desert. They would attribute his skills as somehow supernatural. This wouldn't give him much to go on ahead of time.

I am torn on this one, which is why I asked who would win. I think Batman would figure out Punk isn't supernatural pretty quickly. After that, I think Punk would keep Batman on his toes. I am not sure how Batman would contend with how lucky Punk is.

Scowling Dragon
2013-09-03, 06:51 AM
I meant that this makes no sense. Is the Desert just outside of Gotham City?

Is the world just a smushing of the two universes together?

If so then Batman would have heard and known of Desert Punk.

By comic book Logic I meant "Secret Identity". Yeah its obvious but its comic book logic.

So Desert Punk has too plan out what he will do in a city full of everybody and weirdos and magical freaks, with a Guy that beats up superhumans regularly.

And thats if Batman doesn't have any overseas calls. How does one prepare for that?

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 11:20 AM
I meant that this makes no sense. Is the Desert just outside of Gotham City?

Is the world just a smushing of the two universes together?

If so then Batman would have heard and known of Desert Punk.

By comic book Logic I meant "Secret Identity". Yeah its obvious but its comic book logic.

So Desert Punk has too plan out what he will do in a city full of everybody and weirdos and magical freaks, with a Guy that beats up superhumans regularly.

And thats if Batman doesn't have any overseas calls. How does one prepare for that?

From what Kyber Wolf said, Desert Punk just showed up in Gotham City, the Great Kanto Desert has nothing to do with anything. He's been hired to take out Batman, Batman hears there's a new mercenary in town. They both have a limited amount of time to prepare an abandoned building where they'll meet and fight it out.

Desert Punk doesn't have to plan out what he will do in a city full of 'everybody and weirdos and magical freaks' or if Batman has an overseas call. Just like Batman doesn't have to prepare for Punk's apprentice, any of his 'friends' he could call on for support (albeit for a cut of the contract), etc. That's just standard operating procedure for a vs. thread unless the OP says otherwise that you don't take into account allies/friends.

So...I'm not sure how comic book rules don't apply to Batman again, because a secret identity doesn't really apply in this scenario. I never claimed Punk figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman and did the sensible thing of just shooting him with a sniper rifle before the contest ever started. I never said Punk somehow had mysterious knowledge of what Batman could do, I just said stuff he normally does when confronting enemies. And if this is some weird mixture of both their worlds, Batman could spend a couple of days trying to figure out stuff about Punk and it wouldn't do any good because the Kanto Desert doesn't have police files, the internet, and I'm not even too sure if anyone besides the rich have radios. Information is passed by word of mouth and it gets distorted along the way which is one reason why Desert Punk is known as some supernatural terror of the desert because the ordinary person just doesn't understand how he does some of the stuff he does. And some stuff he never explains precisely so people don't catch on and prepare counter-measures. His 'friends' have a better idea of what he can do but he also regularly surprises them by the depths he'll sink to in order to win. The only useful contact that Batman could interrogate for info would be Kosuna, the Punk's apprentice. Oddly enough, most of Punk's friends would be unwilling to give her up because she's infinitely more likeable then Punk himself, though if he could Kosuna would spill the beans rather quickly on all that she does know. She's still an apprentice mind, but she knows enough to have an almost damning effect on Punk's odds....assuming Batman would interrogate a small child.

Tiki Snakes
2013-09-03, 11:26 AM
Does Batman really need to interrogate anyone to find out enough to deal with the situation? He knows there's a new mercenary in town. All he needs is a vague description of the guy and he's forewarned against the one technique that could otherwise tip the battle in his favour.

The silent, undetectable nerve-gas. Thing is, as you said, Desert Punk always wears a gas-mask. It doesn't take earth's greatest detective to figure out that a Mercenary wearing a gasmask might have a gas related reason to. Given Batman deals with Gas and undetectable ones at that apparently, that's surely all the warning he needs.

Everything else is pretty much just another day at the office, for Gotham.

Fan
2013-09-03, 11:31 AM
Since...when? :smallconfused: If Punk were defeated/arrested he might escape...but if he died, he's dead. End of story.

That...sorta requires him to be aware of the gas in the first place and the fact that Desert Punk uses it (this is not well known, Punk does not go advertising what he can do).

In order...

and?

Useless.

Also useless (what would bats do?).

Unlike Batman the Punk wears his gas mask all the time.

Punk has a superior version.

Less useful then you'd think.

What's the difference from regular sonic grenades?

These are problematic but no more so then rocket launchers (something Punk has been shown to handle).

That's absolutely silly...also completely impossible.

And so does Punk, in greater quantities even (he carries bricks of the stuff).

...And how much of that is he going to actually bring to bear against a mercenary that was hired to take him out, not an actual super villain? Also, Punk doesn't have powered armor (which does exist mind, he just doesn't have any), he has lots of kevlar/body armor and a helmet/gas mask with a bitchin' sensor suite...that also lacks anything that would allow a modern day hi-tech satellite to access it. (it has a radio that is connected to...the radio, there's nothing to 'access')

Because Batman does this all the time against seemingly ordinary thugs. :smalltongue: If he did, Gotham might actually be crime free by now, albeit slightly smaller. More importantly, this is taking place within a single building.

You underestimate Desert Punk, which is weird since the people who have consistently done good against Batman have been Badass Normals who either lack super-powers entirely or are just on the other side of being super-human (the Joker, Deathstroke the Terminator, Bane, Judge Dredd, etc.). Look at the parameters of the battle, neither really seems to know anything about the other and is just given some time to prepare the battlefield. Batman, to all my recollections, does very little to prepare battlefields...he prepares against enemies. And what's he going to learn about the Punk? That...he has guns. And, assuming for some absurd reason Batman had access to information from the Punk's setting, that the Punk is some supernatural demon who always completes his job...None of that info is helpful.

You are pulling out preparations that Batman would take in order to prepare against a badguy he knows tons of info about and lots of time to go and get the proper counter-measures. A) He doesn't have that info. B) He doesn't have infinite time. He has 'a sort amount of time to prepare an abandoned building'. Honestly, I don't think Bruce has been in that sort of situation or that he would resort to anything beyond his usual tricks considering what all the information on Punk he actually has.

Here's the real difference...The stuff I mentioned? Punk actually does against Joe-Smoe henchmen. Given a limited amount of time to prepare, he'll put down mines, explosives, cans of nerve gas in the ventilation ducts, balloon decoys everywhere he expects to fight, and find some secluded vantage point to take out Batman with a single well-placed shot (even if it would take more then that since Batman wears kevlar that doesn't look like kevlar). No banter, no toying with, none of that. When Punk's on the job, he's on the job and if the job goes south he sure as hell is spiteful enough to blow the entire building to kill Batman and himself since he's the type of lucky bastard to survive something like that (all the body armor and experience with explosives come in handy there). Why would he do all that? Because he values his rep enough that he'd rather lose all that money in gear to ensure he keeps his reputation as the best mercenary in the Great Kanto Desert, something he can and has done before. I've never seen or heard of Batman pulling out half the stuff described against a random guy who recently arrived in Gotham on a nebulous agenda.

Will Punk lose? Of course, he's in Gotham and 'Bat-god'. But he's not a pushover and Batman will pay for underestimating the short little b*****d. If it was in the Great Kanto Desert? ....Batman would be dead in a ditch somewhere.

Joker, his card carrying villain is a master of hand to hand combat and is often amped on various steroids. Deathstroke IS a super human. His origin has him get injected with a super soldier Serum. Bane is Super Human, Riddler never beats him in physical confrontations, Judge Dredd never beat him in physical confrontations.

Brother Eye is networked to his suit, it allows him to have vision and knowledge of everything on 3/4ths of the planet provided he tells the computer to do it.

Why would Desert Punk's versions be superior? Sonic Batarangs scream as they're thrown with force enough to shatter windows and knock people unconscious.

Batman's standard suit also has the ability to create a gas mask over his face if need be, and is built into the Power Armor Suit he has.

Batplane was used against normal cops, as has his sonic transponder. The batmobile itself can turn into a giant robot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk3gwi8pG0).

Batman regularly uses his power armor (which can fly) in any engagement against unknown super powered beings, and at many points througout both the comics and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (best animated series. The only version of Batman I can actually tolerate.)

Don't get me wrong though, I HATE Batman and the invisible Batprep horse**** that's given to him where he magically creates an answer for everything. In fact, if I had to pick a least favorite character IN ALL OF MEDIA FOREVER. It would be Batman. Yes, over him, and him, and her.l

However, I am providing tools he has access to and no reason not to use against a future tech person, who with Brother Eye he would know is employing nerve / toxic gases via the loading of the grenades.

If both had prep, and Batman is allowed access to his breadth of CANON resources? I don't care if Batman is in the Great Kanto Desert, he outfights Desert Punk without prep, and has superior access to better resources and information gathering techniques.

If Batman has access to the batplane, then he can get at least one or two items from the batcave reasonably in the amount of prep allotted, and that includes the Batplane itself on top of Power Armor. Or the Batmobile itself which comes with lasers and missiles.

He outfights Desert Punk because he beats people like Karate Kid who DO have Superpowers specifically related to Martial Arts.

Also, if given prep he has access to an electromagnetic deflector which essentially gives him a bullet proof forcefield. he stopped using it in crowd / street crime situations because it endangered those around him.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 11:43 AM
Does Batman really need to interrogate anyone to find out enough to deal with the situation? He knows there's a new mercenary in town. All he needs is a vague description of the guy and he's forewarned against the one technique that could otherwise tip the battle in his favour.

The silent, undetectable nerve-gas. Thing is, as you said, Desert Punk always wears a gas-mask. It doesn't take earth's greatest detective to figure out that a Mercenary wearing a gasmask might have a gas related reason to. Given Batman deals with Gas and undetectable ones at that apparently, that's surely all the warning he needs.

Everything else is pretty much just another day at the office, for Gotham.

See, if he gets a vague description of the guy and where he's from, then he very well might never find out about the nerve-gas. That sort of mask is worn by almost everybody who plans on going out into the desert in Punk's universe because it cools the body, collects water condensation, keeps sand and grit out of the eyes/ears/mouth/nose, provides a housing for sensor equipment, and is armored to help protect the head from debris and bullets.

For the record, here's the helmet...

http://screenphiles.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/desertpunkpromo.jpg

It doesn't look too much like a gas mask, though Batman might make the assumption that it is one, even if he finds out a helmet like that is actually standard kit for Desert Punk's setting, that is the sort of thing Batman could very well do.

...And that is far from the only factor in Punk's favor. Punk will blow them both to kingdom come if he doesn't think he'll win, assuming just running away isn't an option...or if Batman ticks him off enough.

Tiki Snakes
2013-09-03, 11:53 AM
It's clearly got a gasmask filter built in. I wasn't assuming he gets info from Punk's origin, because if he does then chances are he can find out in a general sense what Punk's tactics are as well as his reputation and so on.

No, I'm literally just assuming he gets surveillance footage or a few descriptions from Gothamites along with his "A mercenary is after you!" tip-off. And even if he gets the context of why some people wear it where Punk's from, Punk isn't in the Desert, he's in Gotham, so if he's still wearing the mask he's doing so for a reason and again, as it's clearly got air-filtering gasmask properties there's no massive leap to make when it comes to him planning to use gas.

Explosives aren't an issue, he's got enough gear in that suit to make them obvious at a glance so there's no surprise value to that. It's not like Batman hasn't dealt with places that are rigged to blow. And as pointed out, it's not like he hasn't fought snipers before, either.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 12:16 PM
Joker, his card carrying villain is a master of hand to hand combat and is often amped on various steroids. Deathstroke IS a super human. His origin has him get injected with a super soldier Serum. Bane is Super Human, Riddler never beats him in physical confrontations, Judge Dredd never beat him in physical confrontations.

Often, but not always and it's more so the fact that Joker is a crazy b*****d that gives him success. Deathstroke is super, yeah, but hardly as 'super' as other super heroes in DC which is what I mean by 'just on the other side of super-human'. Bane...I can't figure if he's stupidly strong without Venom too or if it's just with that. >.> Dude, wasn't even referring to Riddler. And Dredd has actually, in their first meeting Dredd beat Batman down and dragged him back to Megacity 1 to stand trial for vigilantism.

Brother Eye is networked to his suit, it allows him to have vision and knowledge of everything on 3/4ths of the planet provided he tells the computer to do it.

Fair enough!

Why would Desert Punk's versions be superior? Sonic Batarangs scream as they're thrown with force enough to shatter windows and knock people unconscious.

...I...what? :smallconfused: Punk...doesn't have sonic grenades or batarangs. I was asking what use they would be...Hm...though this brings up the question if the helmet's outer shell would protect the electronics inside of the helmet.

Batman's standard suit also has the ability to create a gas mask over his face if need be, and is built into the Power Armor Suit he has.

I'm not denying that at all! My point is that unless the bat-suit automatically detects dangerous gases and deploys the gas mask on it's own (...I honestly have no idea here), Batman needs to pull it out himself and it could be too late by then.

Batplane was used against normal cops, as has his sonic transponder. The batmobile itself can turn into a giant robot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk3gwi8pG0).

Batman regularly uses his power armor (which can fly) in any engagement against unknown super powered beings, and at many points througout both the comics and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (best animated series. The only version of Batman I can actually tolerate.)

The Batplane is typically used to disable the cars, I'm fairly certain he's never shot cops with the Batplane...or anyone else who's not a super-human out of worry of killing them. Also, that's great on the whole power armor thing...but why would he use that against Punk?

However, I am providing tools he has access to and no reason not to use against a future tech person, who with Brother Eye he would know is employing nerve / toxic gases via the loading of the grenades.

...What future tech? :smallconfused: The most advanced thing Punk has is his helmet which has sensor technology, albeit it very nice sensor technology. Other than that? Balloon decoys, a jet-propelled grappling hook (Batman has similar, but from all the sources I've seen, Punk's is better or at least faster), regular guns (and mostly reproductions at that), C4/explosives, a variety of shells for his trademark shotgun, and said nerve gas...which is in spray cans. There is future tech in Punk's verse (jetpacks, bulletproof robots, satellite lasers, and hover tanks) and while Punk would love to get his mitts on those, he never has but routinely outsmarts/outplays the people with them. Well...except the satellite laser, that he just got the hell out of dodge for.

If both had prep, and Batman is allowed access to his breadth of CANON resources? I don't care if Batman is in the Great Kanto Desert, he outfights Desert Punk without prep, and has superior access to better resources and information gathering techniques.

If both had prep? Then Batman wouldn't have any of his resources in Kanto. Nobody has that sort of technology and the majority of it is broken or busted. More importantly, the Great Kanto Desert practically thrives on breaking down people who aren't amoral self-serving a-holes to the point they are amoral self-serving a-holes. Would Batman beat Punk? ...Ehh... If he had his resources and information gathering techniques? Probably...but that's a huge advantage (HUGE) that flat out doesn't exist in Kanto naturally.

If Batman has access to the batplane, then he can get at least one or two items from the batcave reasonably in the amount of prep allotted, and that includes the Batplane itself on top of Power Armor. Or the Batmobile itself which comes with lasers and missiles.

Kay, but this isn't the real question posed by the OP. Hell, if Batman just has the Batmobile then I wouldn't put Punk as winning this (though he might, he did take out a hovertank by clever use of the terrain). Nevermind the Batplane. But that's not the situation posed by above, this isn't generic vs. thread (beyond what any vs. thread is) where it's just flat, empty terrain with the full capabilities of each character against one another. This is Bats and Punk in an abandoned building with not a lot of information about each other and, in such a situation, I'm giving the edge to Punk based on his improvisational abilities and how quickly he sets up his kit, something I have not seen from Bats when he doesn't know who he's fighting or what they can do.

He outfights Desert Punk because he beats people like Karate Kid who DO have Superpowers specifically related to Martial Arts.

...Okay, let's be perfectly honest, if Batman can get into melee then he's got this in the bag. Melee combat is not in Punk's favor, at all, the last time he fought someone with martial arts he got his ass handed to him seven ways to Sunday since martial arts is a 'lost art' in the Kanto Desert. :smalltongue:

If that will keep Punk from blowing the entire building....ehhhhh. Depends on how quick he's knocked out and how he's wired the explosives. Problem is closing the distance to that point and doing it without getting shot, gassed, exploded, or decoyed, which is Batman's thing just as Punk's is keeping it from getting to that point.

Also, if given prep he has access to an electromagnetic deflector which essentially gives him a bullet proof forcefield. he stopped using it in crowd / street crime situations because it endangered those around him.

Is that in the comics too? I thought it was just in the Nolanverse Gotham Night animated features and he flat out gets rid of the thing as too dangerous. Cause if he brings that then it's down to gas/explosives.

EDIT:

@Tiki Snakes: I did say that he might just bring it anyway, though there's still the fact if he goes in with it equipped or not. Even when he's fighting Scarecrow or Joker (I go only from what I've seen!) he goes in without the mask and they have much more dangerous gases then Punk does (Punk's just paralyzes you, theirs kill!). Heck, in the Arkyum games he comes up against the two a few times and even makes a pit-stop at a Batcave on the island and doesn't pick up a gas mask.

Also, I've seen Batman both surprised and unsurprised by explosives before on multiple occasions so I'm not taking a stance on if Punk's pre-laid explosives will surprise Bats or not. But Punk carries enough with him that he can lay more down as he's running for a better vantage point, assuming he doesn't put down decoy explosives as a means to bluff Batman (something else he's done before as a precaution).

And I'm not saying Punk will try sniping Batman...fighting in a single abandoned building precludes any sort of sniping at all. And Batman has fought few actual snipers as opposed to Hollywood snipers. I'm saying if the constraints to the fight were different that's what Punk would do.

Selrahc
2013-09-03, 12:31 PM
Judge Dredd never beat him in physical confrontations.

Yeah, he did. In their first meeting Dredd whacked him round the head with a daystick, took off his mask and threw him in an isocube.

Fan
2013-09-03, 01:23 PM
Yeah, he did. In their first meeting Dredd whacked him round the head with a daystick, took off his mask and threw him in an isocube.

Oh..

OH.

That Judge Dredd.

I thought you guys were misquoting the name of Judge from Batman / Superman Hour.

Yeah that's not canon to main continuity.

The Electromagnetic thing was in Batman: Year one. I did READ the comics before I decided I hate the character.

The suit with an auto deploying gas mask at the first suit detected bit of Toxin / Vaccuum is from Superman/Batman when they were watching two kids discuss who would win a fight between the two and they started bickering themselves. Chuckling and joking at first but by the end Bruce is smug while Clark is confused as to how Bruce thinks he would beat him. The mask is brought up when Clark says "Well, I could just fly you into space."

Tiki Snakes
2013-09-03, 01:26 PM
@Tiki Snakes: I did say that he might just bring it anyway, though there's still the fact if he goes in with it equipped or not. Even when he's fighting Scarecrow or Joker (I go only from what I've seen!) he goes in without the mask and they have much more dangerous gases then Punk does (Punk's just paralyzes you, theirs kill!). Heck, in the Arkyum games he comes up against the two a few times and even makes a pit-stop at a Batcave on the island and doesn't pick up a gas mask.

Also, I've seen Batman both surprised and unsurprised by explosives before on multiple occasions so I'm not taking a stance on if Punk's pre-laid explosives will surprise Bats or not. But Punk carries enough with him that he can lay more down as he's running for a better vantage point, assuming he doesn't put down decoy explosives as a means to bluff Batman (something else he's done before as a precaution).

And I'm not saying Punk will try sniping Batman...fighting in a single abandoned building precludes any sort of sniping at all. And Batman has fought few actual snipers as opposed to Hollywood snipers. I'm saying if the constraints to the fight were different that's what Punk would do.

Ah, I see. I was assuming by nerve-toxin gas, Punk was bringing in some kind of deadly nerve agent, not just knock-out gas. Scarecrow's Gas never seems to be that Deadly to Batman, either through dint of will-power or having pre-dosed on the antidote. Likewise Joker's gas. It's bad stuff, but Bats carries the antidote most of the time, far as I can tell, and it doesn't act quick enough for that to be game-over necessarily. If Punk's gas is similarly some simply knock-out gas, then it's much less of an issue either way.

Personally, I quite like the power level and general feel of the Arkham Asylum/City Batman, and yes he gets hit by Scarecrow's stuff a couple of times in that. Of course, that's your standard issue day-from-hell scenario and he's well aware that he can power through the stuff 9 times out of 10, so it's not overly surprising if he doesn't have the necessary backup gear along. That version of Batman tends away from having so many win-buttons in general, one of the reasons I like him as a base-line for comparison. He also comes equipped with a decent enough HUD that yeah, he knows where and what the explosives are, no question.

I've little knowledge of Batman's fights with Snipers, excepting that one in 'City with the insane sniping skill, reflecting shots off scenary from the other side of the game and so on. Given that Batman put him in there in the first place, I'd figure Batman's got enough that counts as previous with snipers in the wider Bat-media. No expert on that, but it seems pretty likely.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-03, 01:41 PM
Ah, I see. I was assuming by nerve-toxin gas, Punk was bringing in some kind of deadly nerve agent, not just knock-out gas. Scarecrow's Gas never seems to be that Deadly to Batman, either through dint of will-power or having pre-dosed on the antidote. Likewise Joker's gas. It's bad stuff, but Bats carries the antidote most of the time, far as I can tell, and it doesn't act quick enough for that to be game-over necessarily. If Punk's gas is similarly some simply knock-out gas, then it's much less of an issue either way.

Yes and no, the stuff Punk uses is a nerve gas in the sense it attacks the nervous system but it's not lethal or a knock-out gas, it induces paralysis in the people who breath it in about...4 or 5 seconds? Last for an indeterminate amount of time (the viewer's aren't shown that part) but long enough for Punk to beat the victims with his shotgun trying to get information out of them and then tie them up without a problem.

In this case, if Batman fell prey to it, then he'd have until Punk tracked down the noise of a body falling over to it's source and put a few shotgun rounds in his face to shake off the effects.

Personally, I quite like the power level and general feel of the Arkham Asylum/City Batman, and yes he gets hit by Scarecrow's stuff a couple of times in that. Of course, that's your standard issue day-from-hell scenario and he's well aware that he can power through the stuff 9 times out of 10, so it's not overly surprising if he doesn't have the necessary backup gear along. That version of Batman tends away from having so many win-buttons in general, one of the reasons I like him as a base-line for comparison. He also comes equipped with a decent enough HUD that yeah, he knows where and what the explosives are, no question.

Same here, that's about the level Batman should be at in my opinion and it's the level I generally take him at (or the Animated Series Batman). But my point is that even after encountering Joker toxin and Scarecrow's fear gas on a few different occasions, even if he has the antidote(s) and knows he can grin (figuratively speaking) and bear it for a little while...it's still a good idea to put on a gas mask just to be on the safe side and he never does. He never even mentions 'a blow to my cowl broke the mask contraption' or 'my side-Bat Cave was ruined by Poison Ivy's plants, the gas masks seem to be gone'. So he can't carry them around that often.

I've little knowledge of Batman's fights with Snipers, excepting that one in 'City with the insane sniping skill, reflecting shots off scenary from the other side of the game and so on. Given that Batman put him in there in the first place, I'd figure Batman's got enough that counts as previous with snipers in the wider Bat-media. No expert on that, but it seems pretty likely.

Deadshot wasn't captured by Batman in that particular instance actually, he let himself get captured because he had accepted a contract on Batman/Bruce Wayne, but that doesn't change the fact that Batman's come up against snipers before...but they're all Hollywood snipers.

Kyberwulf
2013-09-03, 04:27 PM
Okay, I don't think I ever seen Batman use his vehicles on people. Usually I see him use it on things like buildings or other vehicles.

Fan
2013-09-03, 05:11 PM
Okay, I don't think I ever seen Batman use his vehicles on people. Usually I see him use it on things like buildings or other vehicles.

He uses the batmobile to ram Bane in Arkham Asylum.

Next?

The Glyphstone
2013-09-03, 07:47 PM
Does Catwoman using the Batpod's machine guns to shoot Bane in DKR count?

He uses the batmobile to ram Bane in Arkham Asylum.

Next?

In defense of the argument, I doubt being rammed by the Batmobile would do more than mildly inconvenience Bane.

Fan
2013-09-03, 07:55 PM
Does Catwoman using the Batpod's machine guns to shoot Bane in DKR count?

In defense of the argument, I doubt being rammed by the Batmobile would do more than mildly inconvenience Bane.

True enough, it was more slamming him into deep water PLUS putting a car on him that was the problem.

With Super Strength as your only power, you kind of need leverage.