PDA

View Full Version : Something Nice Today

ArlEammon
2013-08-30, 11:27 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/devon-melton_n_3832046.html?ncid=webmail20

A 12-year-old boy from Ferguson, Mo., has blown us away with his courage and sacrifice.

Devon Melton's mother, Christina Craig, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and his parents are struggling with the financial burden of her illness.

“I overheard her talking on the phone," Devon told KTVI. "I just asked her are you ok, because her tears were running down her face. She said she was failing me as a parent because she's always sick, and I had to help."

warty goblin
2013-08-30, 03:04 PM
I find almost the the entire thing depressing. There's precisely nothing feel good about children begging in the virtual street so they can keep their home. It's a tragedy to which people are responding well, but it's still a goddamn tragedy.

ArlEammon
2013-08-30, 03:06 PM
I find almost the the entire thing depressing. There's precisely nothing feel good about children begging in the virtual street so they can keep their home. It's a tragedy to which people are responding well, but it's still a goddamn tragedy.

Oh I understand now, I read what you said wrong for a second, and yeah, I agree. I just thought it was nice that her child cared for her so much.