PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreaming

Ruethgar
2013-08-30, 01:32 PM
What are some creative ways the playground can think of to use this skill, namely I am thinking of the change aspect portion.

Edit: Modify the vegitation- BoVD rules for a swarm of awakened, animal associated, flowers with transdimentsional spell and gate. Make my dreams some scary things.

Vaz
2013-08-30, 02:04 PM
Maximise the skill (Factotum able learner) and puchase a casting of Anarchic creature. Become immune to the dream heart and assassinate anyone from their dreams.

Ruethgar
2013-08-30, 05:23 PM
Except undead, elves, constructs, plants, insomniacs, and other tireless beings that don't dream.

What if you modify a building to be made of a portion of the essence of another plane, could you alter planner qualities in such a manner? Or to be resilient past your waking? What if you left a portion of yourself there(phylactery comes to mind), would the dreamscape remain despite your waking since your soul is there?

Vedhin
2013-08-30, 06:40 PM
Find some way to see the future in your dreams. Use Lucid Dreaming to change those dreams. Control the future.

Also, use Astral Projection/Plane Shift while dreaming. Have fun, since you merely wake up if you die. Oh, and change aspect to get some useful trinket + planehopping is neat.

Anything to get traits of the Region of Dreams on the plane your on. Change aspect the environment to do what you want to the contents of the changed area.

unseenmage
2013-08-30, 07:33 PM
Except undead, elves, constructs, plants, insomniacs, and other tireless beings that don't dream.

What if you modify a building to be made of a portion of the essence of another plane, could you alter planner qualities in such a manner? Or to be resilient past your waking? What if you left a portion of yourself there(phylactery comes to mind), would the dreamscape remain despite your waking since your soul is there?

Ah but IIRC any creature can be forcibly put into the Region of Dreams via Plane Shift. After that it's just a matter of exerting your will via your skill to do whatever you dream with them.

Ruethgar
2013-08-31, 02:50 AM
Is there an easy way to get Guidance of the Avatar at will before 9th level spells? Waiting for a sanctum innate spell is a little ways off and it would be nice to just auto-win at every skill check.

Edit: The good dreams pathfinder trait is kinda like seeing the future in your dreams. Trying to find something a bit more concrete. Third party has a couple, Dreams of Wisdom from Twin Crowns would work somewhat. Prophetic Dreams from Quintessential Elf would work less so with the 1/month tag. Dreamtelling from Heroes of Horror is decent, I'm not sure how to boost my knowledge to insane heights though, that was never something I worked on.

Ok, so create a master library in my dreams with content specifically about my dreams. Grab the Research feat and spend half the night taking 20 for an automatic 36 on the Dreamtelling knowledge check assuming max ranks, masterwork tool and at least 18 int. Even at that we are short 9 points from always getting a augury spell, 19 away from divination, 29 from commune. Would you be able to get the bonuses from having every type of library in your dream? They are technically different sources of the circumstance bonus so that could get us up to 43, still short 2 from always having augury. Skill focus and try to find some other feat that does the +2/+2 thing with knowledge of the planes. I am sure there is a race of space elves somewhere that also gets a bonus putting us at a tentative 50. Still need 5 more for Divination and 15 more for Commune.

But even then it is not a very good spell, nice that a non-caster can do it, but divination is one of the weakest schools.

Vaz
2013-08-31, 06:54 AM
Heirophant at ECL 14 IIRC on a straight cleric gets it as an SLA 5X a day IIRC.

Ruethgar
2013-08-31, 12:32 PM
Eh, screw the fortune teller bit, make a verdant lord to do your bidding. Although, with the aptitude ritual anything can be considered vegetation, so you can just make a wizard and batman it... wouldn't lucid dreaming allow free spells to be prepared?

Spend 48 minutes of real time sleeping in your dreamscape and you've spent 8 hours there so you can prepare spells from spell books that are buildings, or plants, and still have 7 hours and 6 minutes of sleep left, wizards just got a new toy... would that push them to T0?

Vaz
2013-08-31, 02:09 PM
It doesn't get round spells/day though.

Ruethgar
2013-09-02, 02:55 PM
Found a PrC that complements Lucid Dreaming, let's me fill in levels with more than just Factotum. So at the moment I have factotum, Psion, and Dream Walker. By 20 I am able to pull a pseudo-dreamscape into reality, most importantly the 10:1 time quality.