PDA

View Full Version : Soulborn Weapon broken?

Feilith
2013-08-30, 03:48 PM
Ok so a little bit of backstory:
In an upcoming game I want to play an Incarnum flavored melee class. Now, I know WoTC wanted Soulborn to be the final result of what I should play but... well....it's sort of awful. So I'm looking at a homebrewed classthe war soul. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156441) Now My DM has some concerns about it. Mainly the soul weapon that allows me almost total item independence from the DM.

So my question is: Is the ability to have a weapon like that game breaking?

Fax Celestis
2013-08-30, 03:53 PM
The only reason your DM should be concerned over this would be if it's an absurdly low magic world, but if that were the case he should be concerned over incarnum in general. This class is better than a fighter, for sure, but it's nowhere near the power output that a well-designed rogue, cleric, wizard, druid, factotum, warlock, incarnate, etc. can put out.

Also keep in mind that the weapon follows all rules for incarnum binds: you can't just bind and unbind willy-nilly.

Grayson01
2013-09-01, 08:23 PM
Also you are not completely Item independent armor bonuses, natural Armor Bonuses, Defection Bonuses, Resitance bonuses, Ablilty Bonuses, random Skill Bonuses, Handy Havordsacks, Bags of holding, and all the other important items you will still need. Your main weapon will now be taken care of but you might want/need a ranged or other such weapon. Also the Soulknife is quite close to this and is not broken nor completely Item independent.