PDA

View Full Version : How farts are make

SoliaTera
2013-08-30, 10:03 PM
How would you in dnd term make a character with the following characteristics.

- granted immunity to aging and almost any form of damage that would be considered lethal to living creatures thanks to the Heraku's powerful regenerative abilities. This made him strong enough to endure Buranchi's 100 million volt attacks or even being cut into a hundred pieces as he just instantly regenerates any lost or damaged tissue.
Buranchi suspected that the Heraku's immortality is due to the regeneration of pluripotent cells. Before pluripotent cells take damage and die, they rapidly make copies of themselves, thus instantly forming a whole new body. However, since Elg displayed this particular skill after having his body completely electrocuted, burnt and destroyed (which even shocked Buranchi), the full mechanics of his immortality remained unexplained.[3]

This ability has one potential drawback in which Buranchi exploits. Due to the fact that Elg's body continually regenerates from any damage, when confronted with an attack that endlessly injures him, his cells will become trapped in an endless cycle of repair. There seems to be an upper limit as to how many times his Gourmet Cells will continually repair themselves before they give up. Rather than face an eternity of being electrocuted, Elg's body ceased its nonstop regeneration, causing him and his clones to crumble to ashes.

- Elg was capable of clonal fragmentation, wherein he can make a full grown clone of himself from a single split off fragment of his body. Even if he himself is cut into a hundred pieces, he will regenerate himself and all his pieces will become fully grown Elg clones, making his body capable of producing an entire army from itself. This is achieved thanks to the Nou-Darake Gene, which allows nerves to form a brand new brain if separated from the main body. The rest of the organism can then be generated. It should be noted that, despite being nothing more than cells in origin, the clones still retain Elg's memories.

- n terms of physical prowess, he was both extremely fast, surprising even the lightning swift Buranchi and putting a scratch on his face, and strong. It was later discovered that he was able to cut Buranchi because he had hidden some clones in advance, thus demonstrating some skills in strategy.

- Comes from this wiki http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Elg

AuraTwilight
2013-08-30, 10:31 PM
I have no effing idea what half of these words mean in this context. At all.

Chilingsworth
2013-08-30, 11:07 PM
I think the OP is asking how to give a character the following abilities:

Infinite, non-bypassable regeneration

and

The ability to grow fragments of his body into fully functioning clones.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is: You don't Short of maybe Pun Pun.

Maginomicon
2013-08-30, 11:26 PM
I have no effing idea what half of these words mean in this context. At all.
Well, consider the thread title. Maybe he's talking out of his ass?

Yogibear41
2013-08-31, 01:11 AM
Troll with wedded to history and permanent fire and acid immunity. Done :smallsmile:

"The ability to grow fragments of his body into fully functioning clones."

Trolls can do this in the game I play in, had a warrior type hack one to pieces one piece went flying away regenerated into an new troll. He He :smallsmile:

My character was not around at that time, to prevent metagaming all I could say in my mind as he did it was (NOOOOOOOOO!) lol

DM, once told us a story of how a dwarf he had in a 1st edition game he played in had a troll chained to a wall in the back of his restaurant. Cook comes in chops of his hand fries it up and serves it as a delicacy. By time next order comes in hand has grown back lol.

The Glyphstone
2013-08-31, 01:17 AM
I think the OP is asking how to give a character the following abilities:

Infinite, non-bypassable regeneration

and

The ability to grow fragments of his body into fully functioning clones.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is: You don't Short of maybe Pun Pun.

An Illithid Savant with the right combination of abilities might be able to mimic it. I'm thinking Tarrasque Regen plus a Black Pudding's Split (good luck finding the brain of a black pudding, though).

Jack_Simth
2013-08-31, 01:50 AM
An Illithid Savant with the right combination of abilities might be able to mimic it. I'm thinking Tarrasque Regen plus a Black Pudding's Split (good luck finding the brain of a black pudding, though).
Well, the Master Transmorgifist Capstone, Infinite Variety, could potentially help, here. Get a Crystal Troll as one of your favored shapes, cast Energy Immunity (Sonic) on yourself, Shapechange into a Crystal Troll, and use Infinite Variety to add the Black Pudding's Split ability?

Verditude
2013-08-31, 01:59 AM

I don't think Illithid Savant can give you Split, as it depends on "a physical feature of the consumed creature," i.e. its ooziness.

TuggyNE
2013-08-31, 02:48 AM
"The ability to grow fragments of his body into fully functioning clones."

Trolls can do this in the game I play in, had a warrior type hack one to pieces one piece went flying away regenerated into an new troll. He He :smallsmile:

Troll regeneration isn't actually capable of that by RAW; instead, only the largest chunk grows back into the troll, and any pieces not reattached shortly just die and shrivel or whatever.

Turion
2013-08-31, 10:11 AM
This actually sounds like the sort of thing a Wu Jen/Jade Phoenix Mage could pull off using Transcend Mortality and Body Outside Body.

The Glyphstone
2013-08-31, 10:14 AM
I don't think Illithid Savant can give you Split, as it depends on "a physical feature of the consumed creature," i.e. its ooziness.

Maybe if you already had the Gelatinous template?

ahenobarbi
2013-08-31, 10:58 AM
So you want Emerald Legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587) :? The "create duplicate from each slice" ability doesn't matter because no one is cutting you anyways.

Platymus Pus
2013-08-31, 04:20 PM
You're talking about Toriko right?
The thread title doesn't make sense.

Zombulian
2013-08-31, 04:56 PM
What. WHAT.

SoliaTera
2013-09-01, 07:12 AM
You're talking about Toriko right?
The thread title doesn't make sense.

Yea i was to lazy to think of a real title

Occasional Sage
2013-09-01, 07:36 AM
Yea i was to lazy to think of a real title

"How would you build Toriko?", perhaps?

SoliaTera
2013-09-01, 03:35 PM
"How would you build Toriko?", perhaps?

ill think about it lol how can you optimized body outside of body spell to make large amount of clones

Vaz
2013-09-01, 03:46 PM

Affinity Field Metamorphosis?

mattie_p
2013-09-01, 04:28 PM
ill think about it lol how can you optimized body outside of body spell to make large amount of clones

I think the standard answer there is to finagle BOB into an SLA. And then have your clones use the BOB SLA to make more clones.

Zombulian
2013-09-01, 08:04 PM
I think the standard answer there is to finagle BOB into an SLA. And then have your clones use the BOB SLA to make more clones.

Not sure if anyone has brought up StP Erudites yet, but if they get BOB as a power, then their clones can use it as well, since psionics are psi-like abilities and thus carry over.

Rubik
2013-09-01, 08:07 PM
Oh, this thread reminded me. Is there some way to block threads so you don't see them in the forum?

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-01, 08:09 PM
Well, you see, when too much gas is in your body...

molten_dragon
2013-09-01, 08:15 PM
How would you in dnd term make a character with the following characteristics.

- granted immunity to aging and almost any form of damage that would be considered lethal to living creatures thanks to the Heraku's powerful regenerative abilities. This made him strong enough to endure Buranchi's 100 million volt attacks or even being cut into a hundred pieces as he just instantly regenerates any lost or damaged tissue.
Buranchi suspected that the Heraku's immortality is due to the regeneration of pluripotent cells. Before pluripotent cells take damage and die, they rapidly make copies of themselves, thus instantly forming a whole new body. However, since Elg displayed this particular skill after having his body completely electrocuted, burnt and destroyed (which even shocked Buranchi), the full mechanics of his immortality remained unexplained.[3]

This ability has one potential drawback in which Buranchi exploits. Due to the fact that Elg's body continually regenerates from any damage, when confronted with an attack that endlessly injures him, his cells will become trapped in an endless cycle of repair. There seems to be an upper limit as to how many times his Gourmet Cells will continually repair themselves before they give up. Rather than face an eternity of being electrocuted, Elg's body ceased its nonstop regeneration, causing him and his clones to crumble to ashes.

- Elg was capable of clonal fragmentation, wherein he can make a full grown clone of himself from a single split off fragment of his body. Even if he himself is cut into a hundred pieces, he will regenerate himself and all his pieces will become fully grown Elg clones, making his body capable of producing an entire army from itself. This is achieved thanks to the Nou-Darake Gene, which allows nerves to form a brand new brain if separated from the main body. The rest of the organism can then be generated. It should be noted that, despite being nothing more than cells in origin, the clones still retain Elg's memories.

- n terms of physical prowess, he was both extremely fast, surprising even the lightning swift Buranchi and putting a scratch on his face, and strong. It was later discovered that he was able to cut Buranchi because he had hidden some clones in advance, thus demonstrating some skills in strategy.

- Comes from this wiki http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Elg

Immortality (as in you'll never die of old age) is easy to get in D&D. Several races get it, including all undead and constructs.

The immunity to damage is much harder, but look up the emerald legion. That is as close as something in D&D comes.

I don't know of anything that is immune to damage and can also generate clones from lost body parts.