PDA

View Full Version : So Mr. Bond....We meet agian (Class)

Ing
2006-12-20, 03:48 AM
Here's a generic class to act as a bbeg/manipulator tell me what you think since I'm trying something very new here.

"But perhaps there's the tiniest bit of potential...if aligned to my vision and brain"

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINIONS RETREAT!!!!!!"~The Monarch

MASTER MIND

to qualify for the Master Mind class the following must be fullfilled

BAB: 2
Skills: Diplomacy 4, bluff 4, intimidate 4, knowledge (any) 5, sense motive 2, gather information 2,
Feats: Leadership, negotiator

Hd= d10
Class skills: Intimidate, Diplomacy, bluff, knowledge (any 2), sense motive, gather information, disable device, use magical device, appraise, slight of hand

{table]|level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|
|1|0|2|2|2|inspire effort, sneak attack +1d6|
|2|1|2|2|2|Minion, Inspire unity|
|3|2|3|3|3|informants, sneak attack +1d8|
|4|2|3|3|3|Inspire loyalty, Rule by Fear|
|5|3|4|4|4|Stratagist|
|6|4|4|4|4|arch nemesis, sneak attack+1d10|
|7|4|5|5|5|inspire zeal|
|8|6|5|5|5|inspire terror|
|9|7|6|6|6|sneak attack +2d6, inspire fanatacism|
|10|9|6|6|6|Looming Prescence|[/table]

Inspiration:
the very physical prescence of a Master Mind inspires competence giving his followers a +1 to attacks, damage, and skill checks

Minion:
At second level a Master Mind gains a superior circle of enforcers to act as their inner circle or body guards. The combined HD of the favored minions cannot excede equals 1/2 Mastermind level X charisma modifier Favored Minions are diffrent from hirelings and followers in the following reasons.

HD bonus: starting at second level the total HD pool of the favored minions of an mastermind gain a D6 bonus that can be distributed in any way amoungst the HP of the favored minions. at 4th level this increases to 2d6, at 6th 3d6 at 8th 4d6 and at 10th 5d6.

Unflapable loyalty: Favored minions cannot be convinced to leave their mission or other wise betray their leader by Diplomacy, bluffs or intimidates

Inspire Unity:
the very prescence of the Master Mind inspires his followers and hirelings to work together. All present followers use the same inititive roll and gain a bonus +1 when aiding another with another minion.

Informants:
The Mastermind gains a series of spies and informants. This gives them a bonus +4 to gather information and knowledge local and knowledge nobility

Inspire loyalty:
Followers and hirelings are inspired and become loyal to the Master Mind. they gain a bonus equal to the Master Mind's charisma modifier to sense motive checks vs Diplomacy and Bluff

Rule By Fear
Followers sincerly fear betraying their master Mind. When attempting a intimidate check agianst a follower or hireling the intimidate check must beat a intimidate check made by the Master Mind

Stratagist
Followers and minions gain certian feats and abilities that the Mastermind himself has when in the physical prescence or when otherwise in constant communication and contact with their Master Mind. the following abilities can be given to hirelings and followers
combat expertise, favored enemy, archnemesis, dodge, mobility, spring attack.

Archnemesis: A Mastermind can choose a PC or NPC to be declared their archnemesis. They gain a bonus +2 to attack rolls and +2 to saves and AC agianst this archnemesis.

Inspire zeal:
a Master Mind's followers and hirelings can be inspired to fly into a wave of extacy and determination at their Master Mind's urging. Once per day teh Master Mind can give off a war cry that causes his followers in contact with him to fly into a rage as the barbarian ability

inspire terror:
A Master Mind has gained enough reputation to be feared by mortals who his her name as a boogie man to terrorfy their children. Upon seeing the Master Mind all opposing characters make a will save versus the Mastermind's intimidate roll. If they fail they are shaken.

Inspire Fanatacism
A Master Mind can inspire minions and hirelings that they have been in contact with for the last week to become undeniably loyal to them. They become immune to diplomacy, bluff and intimidate attempts and are willing to die to fullfill their Master Mind's orders. They temporarily gain the die hard feat.

Looming Prescence
A Master Mind's reputation and charisma expands beyond their mere physical prescence. All Hirelings and Minions are effected by the inspire effects of the Master Mind class regardless of whether they are in contact with their Master Mind.

Master Minds: are proficient with simple weapons and light armor.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-12-20, 04:14 AM
Kind of odd save bonuses and BAB.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-20, 07:11 AM
..The BaB, saves and sneak attack progressions are all wrong.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-12-20, 08:49 AM
Inspiration:
the very physical prescence of a Master Mind inspires competence giving his followers a +1 to attacks, damage, and skill checks

Something suspicious going on here, it never works like that.

Ing
2006-12-20, 02:23 PM
..The BaB, saves and sneak attack progressions are all wrong.

How are they wrong? They're diffrent and seem balanced but how are they wrong?

Altharis
2006-12-20, 11:10 PM
They ain't core is what this guy's saying..... not a bad class, but not one I'd use unfortunately.

Mewtarthio
2006-12-20, 11:59 PM
Was the first epigram from Scar?

I never thought hyenas essential--
They're crude and unspeakably plain
--And yet they've a glimmer of potential
If allied with my vision and brain.

Ing
2006-12-21, 12:27 AM
Was the first epigram from Scar?

I never thought hyenas essential--
They're crude and unspeakably plain
--And yet they've a glimmer of potential
If allied with my vision and brain.

Yes...yes it is

Ing
2006-12-21, 12:30 AM
Fixed saves to be Monk progression-1 starting and the BAB to be rogue.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-21, 03:49 AM
No, save progressions can't start as anything other than +2 or 0. And the BaB can't progress 1/1 and yet start on 0. If it starts on 0 it's either 1/2 progression (as wizard) or 3/4 progression (as cleric, rogue, monk...).

This is the way it works. If you come up with a prestige class that doesn't work that way, you're going to run into problems.

Ing
2006-12-21, 08:34 AM
Bab is fixed to 3/4. and since the whole archetype is based around surviving to fight another day and living through seemingly fatal events I'll justify giving it Monk saves.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-21, 09:02 AM
No, 3/4 goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7... and so on. Repeat each multiple of 3 twice, basically.

Ing
2006-12-21, 11:32 AM
fine fixed. Should I require Leadership as a prereq or give it as a bonus feat at first level? I think it should have the requirements Lawful and have a certian charisma or int modifier.

Mewtarthio
2006-12-21, 02:13 PM
The prereqs should be tougher. Right now, a Rogue can qualify for this at level 3.

Rumda
2006-12-21, 02:15 PM
with leadership you need to be at least lvl 7

Were-Sandwich
2006-12-21, 03:17 PM
NPC's don't need Leadership. They have other NPCs