PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Story Ideas

Sikening
2013-08-31, 08:51 AM
Like the title says. My game takes place in a made up world, with silly town names, and silly characters. We have a Dwarf Fighter who eats wood and attacks people with a tree stump, a cleric named "Moghar" who is tactful, but likes to troll for hilarity's sake, a rogue who's the strong silent type, and an off-and-on player as a Half-Orc barbarian/drunken master.

This campaign is mostly just for fun. There's jokes, there's seriousness, and most of it is just random with no real plot in mind. The game started on this line:

"You woke up and noticed your most prized possession was gone. Go."

The party since then learned that a powerful wizard has been stealing treasured objects from people all over the world and have been sent on a quest by the emperor of the eastern continent to get them back. (The king of the western continent was a total idiot).

So it's pretty much been town-to-town searching, with hijinks in between. But now I want to get serious with it.

My plan for the next leg of the journey is:
The party travels to the island, where there's a tower. The Wizard is there, and forces them to watch him destroy a town (could be their hometown, emperor's, or king's). This hits the party where it hurts, the wizard leaves and his subordinate attacks, and that's the first "boss" fight. Which would be the end of part 1 of three story-wise.

The end of part two would have the party finding out that the wizard needed items with sentimental value for some scheme of prime evil. Not entirely sure what yet, though.

The problem I'm having is coming up with something for the start of part two. The party would no doubt continue pursuing the wizard, but I want to make it interesting, not just the same thing they've been doing this whole time. This means sidetracks, shortcuts, opportunities, life-threatening danger... all of it.

So I wonder; does anyone have any ideas they could share with me to make it interesting?