PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder E6

Blaine
2013-08-31, 10:45 AM
So I'm going to be running a Lord of the Rings second Era based campaign using the Pathfinder E6 rules. My only issue is healing. The classes that I'm allowing are Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, and Ranger. So as you can see there is no amazing healer class. Now I have thought of potions and what not, but it didn't seem fair or right. The other thing is LoTR is fairly low magic, so I don't want to have any clerics or the like. So, if anyone has any solid ideas for a way to heal the party, please share them. They will be much appreciated.

awa
2013-08-31, 11:05 AM
From iron heroes there are reserve points you have a number of reserve points equal to your hp. Every minute you rest you can convert 1 reserve point into a hp.

The heal skill can give players back reserve points once a day.

tasw
2013-08-31, 11:09 AM
You can always let a heal check heal 1 or 2 pts per targets level. Thats a houserule I've used for a long time and it helps in lower magic games.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-31, 11:59 AM
You can always let a heal check heal 1 or 2 pts per targets level. Thats a houserule I've used for a long time and it helps in lower magic games.
Something like this seems appropriate. 1-2 points/level/day will allow fairy rapid healing-- just be aware that attrition will be a major factor.

Magic items are also a decent way of allowing some healing-- Tolkein did like his artifacts.

Also, may I ask: if you want low-magic, why are you allowing wizards? Gandalf and his ilk were more like outsiders with spell-like abilities than any kind of 3.5 caster, if I remember correctly.

JusticeZero
2013-08-31, 12:08 PM
Also, why tie it down that tightly on the melees? Just because none of the FotC were barbaric ragers/focused meditative brawlers/faithful holy warriors/whatever doesn't mean that none exist. This is actually the mirror of the fact that Gandalf was a freak thing that most parties don't get.
I'd just boost daily healing rates from heal skill somehow and call it good. In low magic, getting hurt is supposed to hurt.

Blaine
2013-08-31, 12:23 PM
Well with E6, they can only level to 6 and then choose feats after, so I feel like they won't be too powerful. On the other hand I could allow a Bard, and give the Bard a magical item (i.e Gandalf's fire ring or the like.) I haven't decided yet.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-31, 04:56 PM
I would look into the 3.5 vitality point system to improve survival rates and natural healing. It also lets you sneak in some magical healing though potions and such without it being super magical obviousness. Just let players make a craft alchemy check and spends some time and gold to make a potion of cure light wounds with CL 1. It would heal one wound point and 1d6 vitality points. That would be worth 25gp or so if it is the only healing.