PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pathfinder Summoner Spell List

Fosco the Swift
2013-08-31, 01:22 PM
I recently created a PF Gnome Summoner. After creating a pretty good Eidolon I realized that the Summoner spell list was terrible. The Advanced Player's Guide only has 3 1st level spells that Arcan (the summoner) can know. At 7th level I'm supposed to be able to be able to know 6 (Cha=20). Any ideas for some new summoner spells, places that have some for me to look at or anything of the like would be very useful.

Pink
2013-08-31, 01:37 PM
I'm...not sure what you're asking. Suggestions? The summoner spell list is fairly awesome for a limited list, a nice mix of buffs, control and utility. Off the top of my head, for starting first level, you got grease, Mage armor (which you can cast to make your eidolon and summons tankier), and protection from evil.

Or are you saying that you just don't have enough space for all the spells you want to know? If that's the case, I recommend saving up money and purchasing a few of these (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/page-of-spell-knowledge)

Fosco the Swift
2013-08-31, 02:07 PM
No quite the opposite. As a spontaneous spellcaster like a Socerer, I know a certain amount of spells that I can cast. The APG only has 3 1st level spells that can be known, but my summoner has the ability to know 6. This isn't a summoner as in a Wizard who specializes in Conjuration, this is a new class from the Advanced Player's guide, and the spell list is quite lacking: it doesn't even have mage armor[I] or [I]greased. I'm hoping someone knows a website that has more Summoner spells or possibly even help coming up with spells that Arcan has "researched and learned".

Randomatic
2013-08-31, 02:25 PM
You're looking in the wrong place for spells, that list is the 3 new spells in the APG that the summoner can cast.

Go to the Pathfinder PRD website, and click on the Summoner class entry.
The bottom of the page has a list of Summoner Spells, that includes all the spells from core and the APG that the Summoner can cast.

Psyren
2013-08-31, 02:34 PM
My APG has the full Summoner list from CRB + APG on pg. 64, right after the Summoner entry. The point of a core book is so that you don't have to repeat the material from it in every single supplement - they assume you have it.

Pink
2013-08-31, 02:36 PM
Ah, I see, it's just confusion. The full spell list is here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---summoner).

Fosco the Swift
2013-08-31, 02:42 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the help and patience. The last thing I need is for my Summoner to die from the black dragon we're fighting.

VanIsleKnight
2013-08-31, 03:15 PM
You totally get Mage Armor and Grease. :D Don't worry.

Might I suggest Infernal Healing if you're allowed and it makes sense? Fast healing 1 for 10 rounds is better than CLW at first level, imo.

<.< Avoid Summon Monster I as a Summoner Spell.

NamelessII
2014-01-19, 04:59 PM
I know this is an old thread. but I found it while looking for some ideas for my summoner. I was under the impression that having a high ability mod only adds to how many spells you can cast per day, and doesn't affect your spells known.