PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/pathfinder] Help me make a CE gesalt rock'n witch called I-no

Platymus Pus
2013-08-31, 10:32 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110613232950/guilty-gear/images/d/da/177189251b3e80_full.gif
The character in question. I-no from guilty gear.
This is a mix of pathfinder and 3.5.
Suffice to say I don't even know where to start, besides the rules for the character creation so lets start there.
Character Level: 2
Pick one attribute array:
18, 17, 14, 11, 10, 7
16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

You may then add 6 points wherever you chose to the attributes, just do not go above 18 before racial modifiers.

Hit Points:
Max HP at every level. I'm that nice. Plus a racial kicker +20 for Humans/Dwarves/Half-Orcs, +15 for Half-Elves, +10 for Gnomes/Elves.

Race:
Restricted to Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc (if you really want/need something else we can talk)

Exp: Fast track

Traits: Pick 2

Starting Gold: 1000gp (standard for level 2)

and the rules for secondary classes granted by gestalt
Some characters have been granted a secondary class from their actions in the thread. A secondary class represents additional training, knowledge, or abilities that grant you most of the abilities of another class. In keeping powerlevels more or less even if you are missing this you will eventually get either it or a similar powerup after you've played for a while (we can discuss specifics).

A secondary class is very similar to gestalt rules however not identical. Specifically a secondary class grants:
- All the class features of the class
- All the proficiencies of the class
- Half the unmodified skill points of the class (eg, fighter gives 1, rogue gives 4, your int does not matter for this).
- Half the BAB of the class (round down), yes this gives additional attacks earlier.

A secondary class can be any base (20-level) class however unlike your primary class you may not multiclass a secondary class (either amongst other base classes or prestige classes).

If there are restrictions on the class you must still maintain the restrictions (monks cannot wear armor, wizards have spell failure in armor, paladins must be lawful good, etc).

I don't want an exact replica of the character from the game, but I want something close and something strong since the character it's based on is depicted as so.
Requirements:
weapon: I-No also uses electric guitar named "Marlene" for both magical and physical attacks, strumming it to produce damaging sound waves or slamming it to her opponents. She also uses it for flight as she rides it when she dashes in the air.

Magical electric guitar, yea kinda of a must. Since it's a custom it shouldn't come out of gold costs. It should also double as a shield. So what would a weapon like that do?
I know that's rather homebrew on that aspect, but that isn't the goal here.
I'll only homebrew if I have no choice. So suggestions would be nice.

Equipment:Any suggestions would be nice. She doesn't exactly wear that much anyway.
Classes: I was thinking hexblade/bard, but that isn't really that powerful if you plan on being a villain character that opposes the entire party.
So I need advice there. Though the party is not highly optimized.

Any class combination should be allowed here as long as it fits the requirements of the character.
Feats: No idea here either
Attacks: This I can clear up some with footage from gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDU5anpAFT4
Suffice to say she's rather hard.
Personality:CE.
I-No is a sadistic and manipulative woman who seems to act without conscience. Thus, she has no qualms about hurting other people (physically or mentally).
She is somewhat crude in how she speaks to others, as she is always either cursing, insulting her opponents, or making sexually charged comments, usually using musical references as double entendres.
background: This could be made into anything.
Race:Human(?)
Powers:
I-No has the ability to time travel. However, she seldom does this as, according to herself, it is difficult to do.
Black magic.
Sound based attacks
Being a physical threat
High saves
Statspread:I'm not exactly sure how to get the most out of this, she's good at a bit too many things.
By no means an easy task.

Once we get as far as we can without homebrewing and I have no choice I'll move the worked on build over there.

If this is the wrong section for this will a mod please move it?

Snowbluff
2013-08-31, 10:53 PM
Well, if you want to hurt people with a Guitar, you want Sound Striker (And maybe Magician, for longer Bard Song so you can Buff and Hurt at the same time) Bard.

The rest can be Sorcerer (Cha Synergy) or Warmage.

Side options include Battledancer (Cha to AC, from Dragon Compendium).

Platymus Pus
2013-08-31, 11:42 PM
Well, if you want to hurt people with a Guitar, you want Sound Striker (And maybe Magician, for longer Bard Song so you can Buff and Hurt at the same time) Bard.

The rest can be Sorcerer (Cha Synergy) or Warmage.

Side options include Battledancer (Cha to AC, from Dragon Compendium).
I hope you did read those rules I spoiled.

I don't see how sound striker would help hurt with direct attacks from a guitar, can you give an example?

I also want to be able to compete with a party of around 10 characters that are also gesalt. I need a way for Cha to do some real damage.

Battledancer sounds like a good one level dip near the beginning since cha should be a major investment along with dex though so thanks for that suggestion. I'm not sure what qualifies as unarmored however. I mean can my character have rings and boots that increase stats without effecting it?

It also conflicts with warmage some armor wise.

That does leave the problem of HP even with the DM maxing it out per level and giving a huge bonus though.
The class I choose as my main effects things hugely.

Lets pick the stats out first that might help things out on choosing what class is suited best to be the main one.
18, 17, 14, 11, 10, 7
16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Then the +6 to anything and human bonuses with the +2
or I could get the dual talent trait since I'm allowed two traits.
Though I would lose out on a feat and extra skill points and the standard +2 trait.

Snowbluff
2013-08-31, 11:59 PM
I don't see how sound striker would help hurt with direct attacks from a guitar, can you give an example?

I also want to be able to compete with a party of around 10 characters that are also gesalt. I need a way for Cha to do some real damage.
Soundstriker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/sound-striker) is a Bard Archetype that gives the Weird Words ability. At level 10, it's 10 hits of 1d8+Cha (Fort Half). The only downside is avoiding DR.

I am not sure what to do if you want to actually hit someone with the guitar.

Battledancer sounds like a good one level dip near the beginning since cha should be a major investment along with dex though so thanks for that suggestion. I'm not sure what qualifies as unarmored however. I mean can my character have rings and boots that increase stats without effecting it?

It also conflicts with warmage some armor wise. NO armor and NO shield. However, you can still benefit from spells and other items that grant armor and shield bonuses to AC.

I hope you did read those rules I spoiled.

That does leave the problem of HP even with the DM maxing it out per level and giving a huge bonus though.
The class I choose as my main effects things hugely.

Lets pick the stats out first that might help things out on choosing what class is suited best to be the main one.
18, 17, 14, 11, 10, 7
16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Then the +6 to anything and human bonuses with the +2
or I could get the dual talent trait since I'm allowed two traits.
Though I would lose out on a feat and extra skill points and the standard +2 trait.
If you go Bard, that would be your primary class, since the skill points are high and the HP is average. I would use the second array in this order: 10, 14, 12, 11, 10, 16. I would put +6 into Cha, +2 into dex.

Other ideas for classes:
Battledancer would make a great second class. It seems like she moslty uses kicks in Melee.

Pyrokineticist with the sound variant could do pretty well. I've been fiddling with using that with Power Attack, Favored Power Attack, and broad favored categories like mage and evil.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 12:33 AM
Soundstriker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/sound-striker) is a Bard Archetype that gives the Weird Words ability. At level 10, it's 10 hits of 1d8+Cha (Fort Half). The only downside is avoiding DR.

I am not sure what to do if you want to actually hit someone with the guitar.
NO armor and NO shield. However, you can still benefit from spells and other items that grant armor and shield bonuses to AC.

If you go Bard, that would be your primary class, since the skill points are high and the HP is average. I would use the second array in this order: 10, 14, 12, 11, 10, 16. I would put +6 into Cha, +2 into dex.

I cannot go above 18 except for racial modifiers.
I'm going for optimization, I'm not sure if those classes would be the best for it. Maybe if I saw the end result of it at level 20.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 12:40 AM
I'm going for optimization, I'm not sure if those classes would be the best for it. Maybe if I saw the end result of it at level 20.

Could I get a bit more information, then? Are you trying to enter a game? Are their any rules I should know about for PrCs or other surprises? Can you have a PrC as a secondary class?

Soundstriker10/SublimeChord10 would make you right up to as strong as you can be.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 12:47 AM
Could I get a bit more information, then? Are you trying to enter a game? Are their any rules I should know about for PrCs or other surprises? Can you have a PrC as a secondary class?

Soundstriker10/SublimeChord10 would make you right up to as strong as you can be.

I have all the info in the opening in the spoilers.
This isn't normal gestalt rules.

It's for a future game.
As far as things go atm I'm only allowed to start at level 2, but it's always assumed that everyone will reach level 20 from there.
Going by the wording I'm only allowed a base class as secondary, but am allowed to choose variants and multiclass with the main starting class.
For example
main class 19/ dip class 1//class gestalt 20

IronFist
2013-09-01, 05:43 AM
From what I see, this secondary class business is a lot more powerful than gestalt.
To attack with your guitar, you could go from Battle Dancer into Drunken Master - it grants special abilities with improvised weapons and that's what a guitar is, when you get down to it. Another option would be Soulknife - PF Soulknife is actually pretty good and your mindblade can take any form and deal whatever kind of damage you choose.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 08:34 AM
I have all the info in the opening in the spoilers.
This isn't normal gestalt rules.

It's for a future game.
As far as things go atm I'm only allowed to start at level 2, but it's always assumed that everyone will reach level 20 from there.
Going by the wording I'm only allowed a base class as secondary, but am allowed to choose variants and multiclass with the main starting class.
For example
main class 19/ dip class 1//class gestalt 20
Do what I said, except use the +6 (if I am reading this right) to bump the Dex to 20.

I think doing some sort of Gish would do best. This assuming you mean a decent amount of optimization. Here's a handbook for Swiftblade (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871410/The_Swiftblade_Handbook), arguably the strongest Gish class.

Battledancer1/Bard10/Swiftblade9 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)//Sorcerer20

Human: Dodge
1: Mobility
3: Weapon Finnese (Power Attack wit ha Rapier in 2 hands)
5: Power Attack
7: Arcane Strike (The 3.5 version, if possible)
9: Knowledge Devotion (If you know what kind of creatures you are fighting)
11: Doomspeak (Lets you murder stats)
13: Extend Supernatural Ability (Doomspeak)
15: Extra Music
18: Melodic casting or something.

At level 2 you have 24 AC with Mage Armor, can cast sleep. Also, you can punch people.

Are you married to human?

Aasimar (Alternate Favored Class bonus for Bard, selecting Weird Words).

Bard6/Spelldancer1/BattleDancer/Swiftblade10 with Extend, Persist, and Occular spell would set you up to have the Ex Haste with all of the Swiftblade class features active for 24 hours. That's an extra attack, 50% miss chance against attacks and spell, bonus movement speed attacks, reflex, and saves, all day, indispensable, in addition to have Cha to initiative. Oh, and an extra standard action.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 12:30 PM
From what I see, this secondary class business is a lot more powerful than gestalt.
To attack with your guitar, you could go from Battle Dancer into Drunken Master - it grants special abilities with improvised weapons and that's what a guitar is, when you get down to it. Another option would be Soulknife - PF Soulknife is actually pretty good and your mindblade can take any form and deal whatever kind of damage you choose.
Any form you say?

Do what I said, except use the +6 (if I am reading this right) to bump the Dex to 20.

I think doing some sort of Gish would do best. This assuming you mean a decent amount of optimization. Here's a handbook for Swiftblade (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871410/The_Swiftblade_Handbook), arguably the strongest Gish class.

Battledancer1/Bard10/Swiftblade9 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)//Sorcerer20

Human: Dodge
1: Mobility
3: Weapon Finnese (Power Attack wit ha Rapier in 2 hands)
5: Power Attack
7: Arcane Strike (The 3.5 version, if possible)
9: Knowledge Devotion (If you know what kind of creatures you are fighting)
11: Doomspeak (Lets you murder stats)
13: Extend Supernatural Ability (Doomspeak)
15: Extra Music
18: Melodic casting or something.

At level 2 you have 24 AC with Mage Armor, can cast sleep. Also, you can punch people.

Are you married to human?

Aasimar (Alternate Favored Class bonus for Bard, selecting Weird Words).

Bard6/Spelldancer1/BattleDancer/Swiftblade10 with Extend, Persist, and Occular spell would set you up to have the Ex Haste with all of the Swiftblade class features active for 24 hours. That's an extra attack, 50% miss chance against attacks and spell, bonus movement speed attacks, reflex, and saves, all day, indispensable, in addition to have Cha to initiative. Oh, and an extra standard action.

Aasimar looks human enough to be useable and honestly fits it better.

The second option sounds pretty good and since bard is such a jack of all trades pretty much all options are open I would think.
The mobility is good the options it gives is pretty important since I'd represent the character well.

I'd like to ask how that would effect saves however.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 03:32 PM
Aasimar looks human enough to be useable and honestly fits it better.
:smallsmile:

The second option sounds pretty good and since bard is such a jack of all trades pretty much all options are open I would think.
The mobility is good the options it gives is pretty important since I'd represent the character well. Good. Keep in mind Spelldancer and that feat combo lets you Persist any spell with a duration.

In general, ask to use the 3.5 versions of feats.

I'd like to ask how that would effect saves however.
Your Reflex and your Will saves will be great, but your Fort will Suffer.

Here are some ideas to shore this up.
1) Paladin of Slaughter 2
2) Ruin Delver's Fortune spell (Spell Compendium)
3) Use the Resistance Spells. (SpC has the best ones).

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 07:22 PM
:smallsmile:
Good. Keep in mind Spelldancer and that feat combo lets you Persist any spell with a duration.

In general, ask to use the 3.5 versions of feats.

Your Reflex and your Will saves will be great, but your Fort will Suffer.

Here are some ideas to shore this up.
1) Paladin of Slaughter 2
2) Ruin Delver's Fortune spell (Spell Compendium)
3) Use the Resistance Spells. (SpC has the best ones).

actually I was thinking of having anti-paladin since Cha is so good with smite good and it adds to saves with cha on top of it.
Any difference between a regular antipaladin and a paladin of slaughter?

how many bard levels would only 6 levels of soundstriker get me?
I need to hit 10 times in a round to make the most of it.

Forgive me, but I don't own any books.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 07:34 PM
actually I was thinking of having anti-paladin since Cha is so good with smite good and it adds to saves with cha on top of it.
Any difference between a regular antipaladin and a paladin of slaughter?

Paladin of Slaughter. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm)
Antipaladin. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin)

They are both free. The primary difference is that they are from different systems. Also, the Paladin of Slaughter Oath is hilariously awful. :smalltongue:

Code of Conduct

A paladin of slaughter must be of chaotic evil alignment and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly commits a good act. Additionally, a paladin of slaughter's code requires that she disrespect all authority figures who have not proven their physical superiority to her, refuse help to those in need, and sow destruction and death at all opportunities.

how many bard levels would only 6 levels of soundstriker get me?
I need to hit 10 times in a round to make the most of it. The Aasimar favored class bonus
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar) for bard allows you to count as levels higher for a single Bardic music. A level 6 Soundstriker could count as level 9 for Wierd Words.

Forgive me, but I don't own any books. Make good use of the links I provide, then. Find a copy of Magic of Faerun for Spelldancer.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 07:55 PM
Paladin of Slaughter. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm)
Antipaladin. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin)

They are both free. The primary difference is that they are from different systems. Also, the Paladin of Slaughter Oath is hilariously awful. :smalltongue:

The Aasimar favored class bonus
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar) for bard allows you to count as levels higher for a single Bardic music. A level 6 Soundstriker could count as level 9 for Wierd Words.
Make good use of the links I provide, then. Find a copy of Magic of Faerun for Spelldancer.

An antipaladin must be of chaotic evil alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if he willingly and altruistically commits good acts. This does not mean that an antipaladin cannot take actions someone else might qualify as good, only that such actions must always be in service of his own dark ends. An antipaladin’s code requires that he place his own interests and desires above all else, as well as impose tyranny, take advantage whenever possible, and punish the good and just, provided such actions don’t interfere with his goals.
Anti-paladin's sounds more reasonable.
Having an evil character faking being good for evil purposes would be possible with it.
I don't see any advantages it has over anti-paladin.

okay level 9 sounds worth it since all of the other stuff is obtained.

Bard6/Spelldancer1/BattleDancer1/antipaladin 2/Swiftblade10/sorc 20
That appears to be the build here, Let me work the process out here with stats and such.
Then I'll come back and post again.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 09:17 PM
Oh, don't forget to pick your Bloodline. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines) It could help with feat prereqs.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 09:41 PM
Thankfully I can mix and match 3.5 and pathfinder.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 10:11 PM
Thankfully I can mix and match 3.5 and pathfinder.

Mhm. Like I said, make sure to use the 3.5 versions of the feats I pointed out. :smalltongue:

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 10:33 PM
Lets start on base to meet requirements and move on from there.
Race: Aasimar
Favored Class Option
Bard Choose one bardic performance; treat the bard as +1/2 level higher when determining the effects of that performance.

Two Ability Score Racial Traits:
Aasimars are insightful, confident, and personable. They gain +2 Wisdom and +2 Charisma.
Type: Aasimars are outsiders with the native subtype.
Size: Aasimars are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Aasimars have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Aasimars begin play speaking Common and Celestial. Aasimars with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.

Celestial Resistance: Aasimars have acid resistance 5, cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.

Unfortunately Aasimar has no bonus feats available to speak of. This leaves the required feats up to the classes.
Bard gives no feats I can see to meet the requirements.
Nor does anti paladin.

So everything is on sorc to achieve the means of getting...
Dodge, Mobility,Combat Casting, Endurance
Battle Dancer thankfully doesn't seem to have requirements.
Aquatic Bloodline meets 3 of 4 of feat requirements
Dodge, Mobility,Combat Casting
I'm missing endurance.
Either I'm going to have to cut something for a single level of fighter for a feat, since nothing else seems to give me any feats or be human instead for the extra feat, but loss of the stuff from Aasimar which are pretty good.
Or I need to be given some kind of solution I don't know of to this problem.

I'm also thinking of lesser Aasimar instead

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 10:42 PM
So everything is on sorc to achieve the means of getting...
Battle Dancer thankfully doesn't seem to have requirements.
Aquatic Bloodline meets 3 of 4 of feat requirements
Dodge, Mobility,Combat Casting
I'm missing endurance.
Either I'm going to have to cut something for a single level of fighter for a feat, since nothing else seems to give me any feats.
Or I need to be given some kind of solution I don't know of to this problem. This really all depends on when you want which class feature. All day haste might not be too useful until 11, for example. Keep progression in mind. Fighter would be an acceptable dip, as long as Swfitblade9 (the best level of swiftblade) and Spelldancer1 remain.

Could you lay out what feats you are taking at his point?

I'm also thinking of lesser Aasimar instead
Why? That would cost you the Outsider type for nothing, since PF Aasimar does not have LA.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 11:20 PM
This really all depends on when you want which class feature. All day haste might not be too useful until 11, for example. Keep progression in mind. Fighter would be an acceptable dip, as long as Swfitblade9 (the best level of swiftblade) and Spelldancer1 remain.

Could you lay out what feats you are taking at his point?

Why? That would cost you the Outsider type for nothing, since PF Aasimar does not have LA.

I didn't know that, okay.
Bard6/Fighter 1/Spelldancer1/BattleDancer1/antipaladin 2/Swiftblade9/sorc 20
Looks like what will be required. If seems to fit things well.

However...
Fighter looks like it can only get me dodge,Mobility.
And since it's a dip for only one feat that means I have to find a bloodline that gives me Mobility,Combat Casting, Endurance or Dodge, Combat Casting, Endurance.
This is a pain :smallannoyed:

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 11:26 PM
I didn't know that, okay.
Bard6/Fighter 1/Spelldancer1/BattleDancer1/antipaladin 2/Swiftblade9/sorc 20
Looks like what will be required. If seems to fit things well.

However...
Fighter looks like it can only get me dodge,Mobility.
And since it's a dip for only one feat that means I have to find a bloodline that gives me Mobility,Combat Casting, Endurance or Dodge, Combat Casting, Endurance.
This is a pain :smallannoyed:

You might not need all of these from your Bloodline. This is why it's important you know what feats you are taking when. You get the bloodline feats at 7, 13, and 19. I'd say it'd be best to find one prereq for Swiftblade/Spelldancer, and Extend Spell in your bloodline, if possible. The Verdant bloodline would let you take Endurance at 7 for Spelldancer, then at 13 you can take Extend Spell with your Bloodline feat so you can take Persistent Spell with your level 15 feat slot.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 11:36 PM
You might not need all of these from your Bloodline. This is why it's important you know what feats you are taking when. You get the bloodline feats at 7, 13, and 19. I'd say it'd be best to find one prereq for Swiftblade/Spelldancer, and Extend Spell in your bloodline, if possible. The Verdant bloodline would let you take Endurance at 7 for Spelldancer, then at 13 you can take Extend Spell with your Bloodline feat so you can take Persistent Spell with your level 15 feat slot.

I'm trying to get the required feats for everything.
spelldancer requires Combat Casting, Dodge, Endurance, Mobility.
Before I can even take it.
Wait a moment I've heard of mixed bloodlines before...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/crossblooded
Here we go this would enable me to meet requirements for it.
Though I do end up with a -2 to will... But hey everything else makes up for that.

There is only one bloodline that gives 3 of the 4 required.
Wait a moment I see what you mean, I can only take 3 feats anyway...
But I can take 3 feats that would be unattainable by fighter instead, so I can make it work with crossblooded.

However I'm wondering what you mean by extend spell in my bloodline.
Like somehow branch into a different bloodline with no penalty?

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 11:42 PM
Wait a moment I've heard of mixed bloodlines before...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/crossblooded
Here we go this would enable me to meet requirements for it.
Though I do end up with a -2 to will... But hey everything else makes up for that.

There is only one bloodline that gives 3 of the 4 required.
You only get 3 feats in total. Since you get 1 feat at level 7 from Sorcerer, that would be the only one you can reasonably use to qualify for things.

1: Combat Casting
3: Dodge
Fighter1: Mobility
5:
7:
Sorcerer7: Endurance

You have more than enough feats to qualify for spelldancer. Also, check with your DM for the skill requirements. They should all be 3 ranks lower in a game with PF rules.

However I'm wondering what you mean by extend spell in my bloodline.
Like somehow branch into a different bloodline with no penalty?
Since the levels you get the bonus feats are so late, I think it would be better if you used to get your persistomancy online more quickly.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 11:59 PM
You only get 3 feats in total. Since you get 1 feat at level 7 from Sorcerer, that would be the only one you can reasonably use to qualify for things.

5:
7:

You have more than enough feats to qualify for spelldancer. Also, check with your DM for the skill requirements. They should all be 3 ranks lower in a game with PF rules.

Since the levels you get the bonus feats are so late, I think it would be better if you used to get your persistomancy online more quickly.

Okay thanks.
The problem wasn't progression, but lack of a required feat for the build preventing it from even working at all since no class besides one had the 3/4 required and the missing feat couldn't be learned by fighter.
I looked at them all.
Crossblooded gets around it.
Though that does now give me the problem of what combination is best.
There are quite a few that can achieve 3/4 of the feats required or 4/4 letting the fighter take 1 out of the 2/4.

What is persistomacy?:smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 12:06 AM
Prereqs being met through Sorcerer past the level 7 feat would only slow things down. What you should also consider are your Bloodline powers. If you can grab something to remove the ability damage an penalties after you Spelldance an Occular Persistent spell would be great.

What is persistomacy?:smalltongue:
I meant Persistomancy. This is simply using the 3.5 Persisent Spell to give yourself buffs that last all day. Haste from a Swiftblade is great for this, because it is (Ex) and can't be dispelled at a certain level.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-02, 12:38 AM
Prereqs being met through Sorcerer past the level 7 feat would only slow things down. What you should also consider are your Bloodline powers. If you can grab something to remove the ability damage an penalties after you Spelldance an Occular Persistent spell would be great.

I meant Persistomancy. This is simply using the 3.5 Persisent Spell to give yourself buffs that last all day. Haste from a Swiftblade is great for this, because it is (Ex) and can't be dispelled at a certain level.

I thought the only way to get feats was from bonus feats like fighter bonuses and bloodlines.

Sorry I don't quite get how it works, can you explain it in more detail?

5:
7:

I assume 1,3,5,7 are when I normally get feats with no bonuses right?

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 01:51 AM
I thought the only way to get feats was from bonus feats like fighter bonuses and bloodlines.

Sorry I don't quite get how it works, can you explain it in more detail? I'd be happy to help. When you get more levels, you get more feats. Bonus feats refer to feats you get in addition to the feats you get from level.

When you take a feat, you have to meet the prerequisites. If you lose the prerequisites, you lose the benefit of the feat.

I assume 1,3,5,7 are when I normally get feats with no bonuses right? Yep. In Pathfinder, you get feats every odd level (1, 3, 5, 7, so on and so forth).

In 3.5, you get feats every third level and at first level (1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18...) I am not sure which one your DM is using, so I've assumed the PF version.

You might want to get more familiar with the game rules before the game starts, especially if you are expecting more optimization.You should sit down with your GM and the character to get some face to face assistance, if possible. :smallwink:

Platymus Pus
2013-09-02, 02:32 AM
I'd be happy to help. When you get more levels, you get more feats. Bonus feats refer to feats you get in addition to the feats you get from level.

When you take a feat, you have to meet the prerequisites. If you lose the prerequisites, you lose the benefit of the feat.
Yep. In Pathfinder, you get feats every odd level (1, 3, 5, 7, so on and so forth).

In 3.5, you get feats every third level and at first level (1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18...) I am not sure which one your DM is using, so I've assumed the PF version.

You might want to get more familiar with the game rules before the game starts, especially if you are expecting more optimization.You should sit down with your GM and the character to get some face to face assistance, if possible. :smallwink:

Actually I want you to look at something hahahaha.
I'd probably give you a better idea of what I don't know.
I hardly know anything about spells for example.

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 02:57 AM
Actually I want you to look at something hahahaha.
I'd probably give you a better idea of what I don't know.
I hardly know anything about spells for example.

Um, I'll try to sum it up, but like I said, it's probably best if you can get someone to help you in person. Spell can be complicated. (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicOverview.htm)

Sorcerer and Bard spells work the same way (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#sorcerersAndBards), but they come from different lists. Sorcerer spells are cast spontaneously, meaning you do not have to determine which slot will cast which spell at the beginning of each day.

However, Sorcerers have a set number of spells they know and cast cast, based on level. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/sorcererWizard.htm#tableSorcererSpellsKnown)

They only cast so many of each level of spell per day, which is shown in the the Sorcerer table under "Spells Per Day," based on level. Additionally, you get bonus spells per day based on your casting stat.

When you cast a spell, you first choose a spell, then choose a slot to cast it from that is an equal or higher level than the spell. Once a slot has been used to cast a spell, you must rest and ready your spells once more before you may use that slot again.

For example, Hennet is a Sorcerer who knows Fireball, a 3rd level spell. He is level 8, so he has five 3rd level slots and three 2nd level. He can cast it out of a 3rd level or 4th level slot, but he's saving his 4 level slots for Polymorph, so he casts it in a 3rd level slot. That slot is now expended, and he must rest before he can use it again. However, he has 4 more 3rd level slots to use Fireball with on other turns.

It's basically made out of check boxes and lists on notebook paper, followed by you looking up what the spell does on PFSRD.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-04, 09:43 PM
Man this character is starting to really come together.
Thanks for all of the help Snowbluff

Snowbluff
2013-09-04, 09:58 PM
Man this character is starting to really come together.
Thanks for all of the help Snowbluff

You are welcome. Just doing my job. :smallsmile: