PDA

View Full Version : Glove of storing shenanigans

Zsaber0
2013-09-01, 12:16 AM
Could you technically make touch attacks against an opponent's weapons, armor, and other miscellaneous item and use a free action to store the item into the glove?

eggynack
2013-09-01, 01:26 AM
No. The item says, "On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears." Thus, a touch attack isn't enough. You already have to be holding the enemy's stuff to steal it away. There's really nothing in the rules that would support using a touch attack to steal stuff.

ArcturusV
2013-09-01, 02:30 AM
Well... maybe with Sleight of Hand against certain sized objects? Nearest I could figure. Probably couldn't grab someone's armor, might grab their weapon and yoink it away though.

Pink
2013-09-01, 02:35 AM
There are rules for getting a weapon out of your opponents hand. It's called Disarm. If I remember correctly, if you succeed at disarm and have a free hand, you can then hold onto the opponent's weapon.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 02:36 AM
I don't see why not besides it being very unfair.
Make grapple checks instead of touch attacks and say what you are grappling.
Just be sure not to store certain things or it might be the death of you.

Well... maybe with Sleight of Hand against certain sized objects? Nearest I could figure. Probably couldn't grab someone's armor, might grab their weapon and yoink it away though.

Certain armor is pretty grab able.

Diarmuid
2013-09-01, 08:52 AM
PP - While you may "feel" the things are "grabbable" there are no rules for removing armor from an opponent.

Having your hand on something is not the same thing as having something in your possession and having it in your hand.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-01, 09:26 AM
If I remember correctly, if you succeed at disarm and have a free hand, you can then hold onto the opponent's weapon.
Not quite.
If you attempted the disarm action unarmed, you now have the weapon. The entire operation must be done unarmed, not just with a free hand at the end.

Raendyn
2013-09-01, 09:54 AM
Not quite. The entire operation must be done unarmed, not just with a free hand at the end.

This or else you have to pick it up which provokes AOO's from everyoen around.

kabreras
2013-09-01, 09:56 AM
So a monk with these gloves would be able to run around stealing peoples weapons with disarm..

Raendyn
2013-09-01, 10:25 AM
So a monk with these gloves would be able to run around stealing peoples weapons with disarm..

He could always do that anyway. He disarms, and then runs, even without the glove, few things can catch up to him...