PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Creature Efreeti

Erik Vale
2013-09-01, 06:33 AM
Those in/planning to participate in War Game [The test of spite one] in recruitment look away [unless your Reockd, cause your the DM who will probably ask to ban or allow anyway]

Wanting to clarrify through RAW, do corpse creatures [and bone also, BoVD pages 184 and 185] keep their spell like abilities? It seems so but I want to double check.

Now, here's the trickier part, using walls of stone and stone shape, I can create a stone statue of any creature I like, and then use stone to flesh to turn it into a corpse of said creature, however my reading of the spell leads me to believe that this would prevent said creature from having bones, and it would just be a 'flesh statue' of said creature, however turning stone into a fleshy substance and a statue into a corpse seem contradictory.
In any case, through this method, could I then use Create Undead to turn said corpse/mass of flesh into a Corpse/Bone [either is fine] creature?

And for the part where this becomes really cheesy, I'm wanting to create Efreeti. This seems to work within the TOS rules [Hehehe], but I want to see if it works by RAW before I keep kicking around the ball before passing it to the DM for a preemptive cheese ban. But then again, I just got stabbed for over double my HP in one match by a character abusing the rules to gain a 9th level spell, so this is my vengence, both in single and group matches.
I may try and sneak it in instead of declaring if I feel particularly cruel, but I doubt it.

LOTRfan
2013-09-01, 09:14 AM
Stone to flesh only creates flesh, not bone or internal viscera. I don't have BoVD with me at the moment, but the Corpse and Bone creature templates are derived from the Zombie and Skeleton templates, both of which say that the creature in question needs to have a skeletal system. Since I can't check, I'm going to assume this is the case for the former two templates until I check later (or someone else does for me).

That being said, Denizens of Dread has the Boneless template, which creates a mindless undead creature. If it had any bones before, the skeletal structure dissolves and leaves it in a very floppy, stretchy state.

EDIT: Two things; I just remembered that Boneless eliminates any spell-like abilities that the creature had in life, which makes it useless for your plans. And second, it seems that only creatures with skeletal systems can become Boneless creatures too, so forget I said anything.

Erik Vale
2013-09-01, 09:02 PM
I don't remember it saying anything about requiring bones in the corpse creature, but I will check tonight, however in that case that's another piece of probable RAI supporting DM overrule.

Any other voices?