PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help with big bad evil organization

Xunthrae
2013-09-01, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone, my question is this: How would a secret organization who's leader worships the god of tyranny's power structure be? The leader doesn't have to be a cleric or even a divine anything. And how many layers should I put between him/her and my players? I -know- I want to have it be 3 layers deep, maybe more.

My players are level 2 right now and work, for the most part, on the good side of the alignment scale. I want this arc to end around 8-10.

If knowing their capabilities they are low-mid OP with the following group composition:

Aasimar Cleric (probably the most likely to optimize, but he took the Protection and Healing[restoration] subdomain)

Kistune Rogue

Tiefling(Oni-spawn i think) Magus *(using the Tiefling archetype, cause why not)

Tiefling (Asura spawn) Druid*

Human Paladin* (i'm going to give the player some leeway with the code)

Vanara Monk*

This campaign is almost all of their first times and I want to make it very memorable and a great learning experience. We are one session in and they were invited to join a merc band named the Solar Union. It's a decently respected group in the area the PC's are in, and known to help with problems like goblin tribes attacking towns or working for a kingdom as sellswords.

The BBEG wants to dismantle this band because they keep the peace in the towns and cities he/she wants to destabilize and swoop in and "save" to take control. So I'm figuring he/she will be either a very rich merchant, apart of the aristocracy or a Lord/Lady, something that brings them to the higher end of the society.

* first timer, to my knowledge.

Korahir
2013-09-01, 09:55 AM
Just some ideas:
You don't need to make the organisation evil. A CN leader could see the profit of taking over. The alignment can vary within the organisation. This will open up your possible members and can lead to forgiving first timers when they make terrible mistakes. You could use nonlethal damage on them and just lock them up or try to bribe them, instead of being hell bent on killing because you are evil (which isn't the case anyway).
The organisation is always tricky to do, but mostly i focus on three things:
Who/what creates the income of the organisation?
who/what enforces the will of the organisation?
Who/what is the driving idea behind the organisation?

Jake
2013-09-01, 11:14 AM
With all your tieflings and aasimar, it looks like you've got the makings for a very planar-themed game, so may I suggest a Devil?