PDA

View Full Version : Netrunner

Castaras
2013-09-01, 09:28 AM
Netrunner (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=207)

Netrunner's a Living Card Game - like a trading card game except you just buy full playsets of all the cards in expansions and data packs. Also Asymmetrical, with the Runner trying to break down the ICE protecting Corporation Servers to steal agendas.

Anyone else around here playing this iteration of Netrunner? Recently me and my boy got introduced to it by our gaming group and now have the base game + 1 data pack + expansion. He's already deep into playing Weyland (yes, that Weyland) and stealing money and murdering my poor runner decks. Still needing to get some data packs which have some protection against his horrible meat damage cards. Still not sure which faction of Runner I prefer, although having now got the expansion I'm wanting to try doing something interesting with the Professor or Kit.

Reynard
2013-09-01, 10:01 AM
I've played it once, as the stock Anarch Runner against the Weyland Corp played by someone who knew the game a bit better than I did. I enjoyed it, and would have won if I'd remembered that I could attack his discard pile. Instead I accidentally weakened myself by going against his RND far too much, then got brain-melted by running on some of his other servers.

Malek
2013-09-01, 01:28 PM
Have bought the core set and first data pack myself. Sadly only got to play it once with a friend. Like the game, would love to play more and certainly want to get rest of the expansions, but for now both of these are rather far away on my list likely to happen.

As far as factions go my favourites so far are Weyland (I just love the "classic dirty corp" theme they have running) for corp, and Shapers for Runners.

Driderman
2013-09-01, 02:09 PM
Borrowed it from a friend and played maybe 10 matches. Personal favourite is the Haas-Bioroid corp. Runner favorite has to be the organized crime guy, Gabriel Something-Something. Really great at making money.

But it seems to me that the game isn't really that balanced. Generally seemed like the runner always wins since the corp doesn't have enough resources to protect all its nodes.

Corvus
2013-09-01, 03:16 PM
I played the original Netrunner game from '96 based on CP2020. Great game. I had a rather killer Corp deck. I believe Android: Netrunner is based upon it, sort of.

Castaras
2013-09-02, 05:22 PM
But it seems to me that the game isn't really that balanced. Generally seemed like the runner always wins since the corp doesn't have enough resources to protect all its nodes.

I think currently it's a 60/40 for runner/corp, although this was before the most recent data pack which added in a couple of amazing cards for Corp.

Although I only know this because of internets... I've been playing runner primarily for the past few weeks of netrunner, and won 1 game as runner today (because the weyland deck I was up against didn't draw any money cards until too late). From my experiences, Corp OP NERF PLZ. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

NoldorForce
2013-09-02, 09:27 PM
Plascrete Carapace is an amazing card to block tag-and-bag (ie, using Scorched Earth or stacked Dedicated Response Team for a flatline). Until that style goes out of vogue (ha!) it should be an auto-include against any serious decks.

I've found interesting things in all the runner factions, but as for corp I prefer HB and Weyland. These days I'll occasionally play on OCTGN or in person, though my usual crowd plays too much MTG.