PDA

View Full Version : What counts as a physical action action?

CyberThread
2013-09-01, 03:11 PM
if you get a +2 bonus on anything that counts as a physical action , what would qualify?

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 03:20 PM
if you get a +2 bonus on anything that counts as a physical action , what would qualify?

If we take it to it's broadest terms.
Almost everything, really even speaking is technically a physical action as you have to move your lips.

If we apply it to only physical attacks and the like it should be.
Rolls that attack directly with your chosen weapon and CMB.
Where are you getting the bonus from, what is it a +2 for?

HunterOfJello
2013-09-01, 03:26 PM
What's the source?

In the broadest of terms, a physical action would likely be something that requires physical movement and is somehow involved with Strength, Dexterity, or (maybe) Constitution. It would also likely be something that isn't a magical or psionic action. It's very hard for me to make a specific suggestion without knowing more.

CyberThread
2013-09-01, 03:37 PM
it is a ancestor feat from oriental adventures.

Mnemnosyne
2013-09-01, 03:39 PM
Anything that isn't a purely mental action. Therefore, anything that you cannot do while paralyzed. Spells that have somatic components are still physical actions.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-01, 03:58 PM
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all checks you make for performing a physical action that extends over a period of time (running, swimming, holding your breath, and so on), and +1 to your hit point total. You'll have to ask your DM what they think "a physical action that extends over a period of time" means. Based on the examples, I don't think any action that takes 1 round or less would qualify.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-01, 07:31 PM
You'll have to ask your DM what they think "a physical action that extends over a period of time" means. Based on the examples, I don't think any action that takes 1 round or less would qualify.

Maybe grapples maintained would qualify?
That doesn't seem very useful if it needs something that specific unless it's built around it.