PDA

View Full Version : Human-Fighter/Wiz(martial ACF)/Abj Ch/Swiftblade HELP

Yuric the Bold
2013-09-01, 03:44 PM
I want to build a melee wizard with damage potential.
Is there really any other builds (please DO NOT include any ToB material or anything from Incarnum), that you might suggest?
The campaign is set in Forgotten Realms and my DM is not including any of that material.

Was thinking Human Fighter 1/Wizard 5(martial ACF)/Abjurant Champion 5/Swiftblade 4
Starting level currently in the campaign is 15th.

What FEATs? I assume Power Attack, Arcane Disciple (Strength?), Arcane Strike, Extend Spell and Persistent Spell go without mention.
Chosen weapon? I assume a nice two hander or possibly Bastard Sword with a dip into Exotic Weapon Master for the x2 dmg on two handing a 1 hnd'd exotic weapon.

Stats are as follows:
STR 16 DEX 15 CON 14 INT 18 WIS 14 CHA 13

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 03:50 PM
You want Ocular Spell so you can Persist Haste on yourself. A level of Spelldancer instead of a fifth of Abj Champ would do wonders.

Practiced Spellcaster.

I like Rapiers. Bastard Sword is not worth it.

Don't take a fighter level. Be a elf for the proficiency, and take MArtial Wizard for the feats.

HunterOfJello
2013-09-01, 03:58 PM
3 levels in Incantatrix for tons of persistent buffs. You can also persist buffs that other people are casting on themselves. This will make the entire party love you and the DM possibly hate you to death.

A.A.King
2013-09-01, 04:00 PM
If you plan Swiftblade, you definitely don't need the fighter level. You really only need a Fighter level or something similiar when going into a prestige class that requires Armor Proficiency or All Martial Weapon proficiency.

You also definetly don't want Arcane Disciple, to use it to it's fullest effect you'd need a Wisdom of 19.

Snowbluff
2013-09-01, 04:03 PM
3 levels in Incantatrix for tons of persistent buffs. You can also persist buffs that other people are casting on themselves. This will make the entire party love you and the DM possibly hate you to death.

There is a limit per day on the Cooperative MM, and it can't be use to persist Haste.

nedz
2013-09-01, 05:45 PM
You also definitely don't want Arcane Disciple, to use it to it's fullest effect you'd need a Wisdom of 19.

But if you just want to persist Divine Power, Righteous Might etc then you can get by with less; also Items are easily available by the time you need the higher values.

Not that I'd go with Strength necessarily, though there is no reason why you cannot take the feat twice.

Consider these also:
Competition Domain (Spell Compendium 272)
Fury Domain (Fiendish Codex I 89)
Pride Domain (Spell Compendium 278-279)
War Domain (Player's Handbook 189)

kme
2013-09-02, 09:43 AM
Abjurant champion requires 5 BAB to enter. But you should ditch it anyway (for now at least) and be a full swiftblade.

Wizard 6 / Swiftblade 9 gives you more useful abilities. Be an elf or take militia (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-guide-to-faerun--22/militia--1948/) to qualify. After that, you can go abjurant champion or go for classes/combos that grant you free persistent spells.

DarkSonic1337
2013-09-02, 03:06 PM
There is a limit per day on the Cooperative MM, and it can't be use to persist Haste.

You CAN persist swift haste+ocular spell though, using metamagic effect :p.

Would take some weird finagling to get that spell on your list, so you'd probably just use Ocular Haste instead and make the spellcraft DC...3 points higher.

A spelldancer with fatigue immunity is a viable alternative to incantatrix for you to persist buffs, considering that you'll already have 3 of the 4 prerequisite feats for swiftblade+abjurant champion. You'll be persisting spells 2 levels earlier, though it won't give you back the trash feat like incantratrix does

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 04:06 PM
You CAN persist swift haste+ocular spell though, using metamagic effect :p. Persist + Ocular was something I brought up.

BUT Haste is not a spell if you are a Swiftblade. It's (Ex). It has to be persisted on casting, not after. Incantatrix is terrible for Swiftblade.

A spelldancer with fatigue immunity is a viable alternative to incantatrix for you to persist buffs, considering that you'll already have 3 of the 4 prerequisite feats for swiftblade+abjurant champion.
This is why I started using Spelldancer in the Swiftblade build. Normally the feats are awful, but since you already have a bunch, it's great.

A Rod of Bodily Restoration helps with the penalties, which is great.

Beleron
2013-09-02, 06:26 PM
If you're going with Arcane Disciple for the buffs and you're good, a Sacred Exorcist dip for the usual Divine Metamagic thing seems pretty obvious.

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 06:36 PM
If you're going with Arcane Disciple for the buffs and you're good, a Sacred Exorcist dip for the usual Divine Metamagic thing seems pretty obvious.

If you are spelldancer, what good is DMM? Do you have another Metamagic in mind?