PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage Tripper Build Advice

shadow_archmagi
2013-09-01, 09:24 PM
So, my GM is using the gestalt tier houserules. (Tiers 3-4 gestalt with NPC classes, tiers 5-6 gestalt with 5-6) Currently I've got a level 1 Swordsage//Warrior, but I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to do a two-level dip into Fighter//??

GM also allowed flaws, so I have Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, and Adaptive Style.

Trouble is, the only Fighter feats that I think I really need *are* combat expertise and improved trip, and I'm not sure what other super lower tier class would synergize well. One of the variant monks has useful feats maybe? I was also contemplating doing a one level dip into Soulknife just for the free Wild Talent feat so later on I can pick up psionic feats.

Failed Phantasm
2013-09-01, 09:31 PM
Fighter 2//Monk of the Passive Way (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#passiveWay) 2 nets Combat Expertise and Improved Trip as bonus monk feats, freeing up the two you're getting from flaws.

If nothing else, Martial Study and Martial Stance are Fighter bonus feats, so you can always take those if you find none of the other options appealing. You'd probably want to delay the dip until your IL is higher should you go that route.

shadow_archmagi
2013-09-02, 09:17 AM
Fighter 2//Monk of the Passive Way (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#passiveWay) 2 nets Combat Expertise and Improved Trip as bonus monk feats, freeing up the two you're getting from flaws.

If nothing else, Martial Study and Martial Stance are Fighter bonus feats, so you can always take those if you find none of the other options appealing. You'd probably want to delay the dip until your IL is higher should you go that route.

The trouble is that we've already started, so I can't exactly switch around my feats.

Vaz
2013-09-02, 09:31 AM
Ask if you can use the retraining rules (PHB2?) to change them.

Levels in Crusader net Thicket of Blades around level 8.