PDA

View Full Version : Druids and Plant Wildshape

Fawsto
2013-09-02, 07:15 AM
Sup, Guys.

So I am playing a druid and I am a little confused on what I exactly gain by wildshaping into plants, specifically about those nice nice immunities. Can you shed some light over this one?

Thanks, fellows.

Yora
2013-09-02, 07:24 AM
Assuming this is about D&D 3.5e, wild shape works like alternate form, which explicitly states that the creature retains its type and subtypes.
Since a wild shaped druid does not have the plant type, you would not get the immunities of a plant creature.

For Pathfinder, the answer is also no.

Fawsto
2013-09-02, 07:31 AM
Thanks.

Do you know any spell that grants you plant type, subtype or the immunities?

ArcturusV
2013-09-02, 07:36 AM
I vaguely remember the Wu Jen has a wood elemental spell that might fit that desire.

Darrin
2013-09-02, 08:18 AM
Do you know any spell that grants you plant type, subtype or the immunities?

Plant body, Druid 5, Spell Compendium page 159.

The Whiteshiver Elixir (1500 GP, Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk) will also give you the plant type for 10 minutes.

Fawsto
2013-09-02, 08:22 AM
Yep, searched and found the same spell. Does what I need with a good duration to boot. Ya know, my character is about to fight some kind of multi-tongued aberration with some sort of maddening powers, so I assumed some plant immunities would come in handy.

Thanks, fellows!

Chronos
2013-09-02, 09:49 AM
In general, all wildshaping gives you is physical ability scores (but not a change to your HP), natural attacks, extraordinary special attacks, and movement modes. You do not get extraordinary special qualities, nor supernatural qualities of any sort.

Though of course, there are feats, PrCs, etc., that expand what you get.