PDA

View Full Version : Cat-Muffin race? (Help? Please?)

Jibar
2006-12-20, 03:32 PM
Okay. I suck at homebrew. Really. So I would like some help.
Could somebody make me a Cat-Muffin race?
I only have these few ideas;
Favoured class: Psion or Wizard, I can't decide which.
Bonuses on; Charisma. everybody likes muffins, so they become instantly more attractive to everybody.
LA: +0

And that's all my ideas.
And remember. I'm a Cat-Muffin.
Cat-Muffin.

The Demented One
2006-12-20, 05:22 PM
Honestly, that looks more like a monster than a race to me. Something like....

Cat-Muffin
Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 1d10 (5 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flatfooted 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-9
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4-2) or Claw -1 melee (1d3-2)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4-2) or Claw -1 melee (1d3-2)
Space/Reach: 2 ½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Psi-like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., delicious appeal low-light vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Concentration +4, Diplomacy +5, Psicraft +5
Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Psionic Endowment
Environment: Temperate Plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, or batch (4-12)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: None
Alignment: Any
Advancement: By Character Class (Favored Class: Psion)
Level Adjustment: +1

Psi-Like Abilities
3/day–catfall, detect psionics, empty mind; 1/day–far hand, inertial armor, vigor. Manifester level 1st.

Delicious Appeal (Ex)
Being delicious, a cat-muffin gets a +5 racial bonus on all Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. These bonuses do not apply on checks to influence creatures that are unfriendly or hostile towards the cat-muffin.

fireinthedust
2006-12-21, 12:08 AM
REally I thin Magical beast is unnecessary. I'd go for a PC race, and leave out the monster write up. Heck, make them living constructs, like Warforged. That's way cooler (House Cannith's easy-bake oven).

I like the delicious appeal. Give a weakness that characters using Rage must make a Will save each round or spend the rest of their Rage attempting to eat the cat-muffin.

Oh, and Mage Hand as a natural ability (like a Beholder Mage), as they don't have arms and would otherwise be relatively unplayable. Think VeggieTales (so personal range for item use only).

I'd also go for favoured class: Ranger. Think Batman: cat-arangs as a favoured weapon. Favoured enemy: dwarves or gnomes (who was the Muffin man?).

Question: patron deity?

Grey Knight
2006-12-21, 11:34 AM
Construct seems to make more sense. Also, do they suffer extra damage from swallowing attacks?

Ravens_Wing
2006-12-21, 11:58 AM
Most Deffinatly a Tiny construct that takes 1d4 damage if swallowed.

and give it a slam attack that if it hits it leaves crumbs on the person ( dc 10 Fort save or be itchy for 1 round)

fangthane
2006-12-22, 04:36 PM
Hmm. I guess I'm the only one who gave that name to the delightful gifts my kitty leaves on the floor when I'm insufficiently quick at scooping them out of the catbox.

I think I'm probably disqualified from this discussion on that basis. ;)

fireinthedust
2006-12-24, 12:37 AM
no no no, your opinion is even more valid from personal experience. We've two cats here (and two dogs); your knowledge of actual cats could prove invaluable!

I like the itchy special attack.

And the swallow-whole double damage is an idea; perhaps, though, unecessary: there's nothing to say they're easier to digest, but as tiny creatures they're already easy to grapple and swallow as it is. Think of the modifiers.

Maybe a bonus to charm person save DCs against female creatures and others with a chocolate fixation (gendered suggestion, I know: I apologize).