PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] AMEN XLVI: Divided We Fall

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

GrandDM
2013-11-03, 10:13 AM
[Just Outside]

The probe hovers for about a minute, then turns and flies away.

Harald quickly draws up some plans, showing them to Gash. On approval, they will result in the following:

A fleet of shuttles arrives, landing and lowering ramps. Squads of robots, seven strong, jog down the ramps carrying materials and equipment.

Very soon, a deep excavation is underway and foundations being laid. The robots, although few in number, work with incredible efficiency, often completing their own tasks in half or less the time of the workers AMEN has provided.

After a day, the framework for the first floor is going up and the foundations are covered over, shortly after a huge box, a good ten meters to a side, is lowered down into it - although there's a door leading down and robots are swarming through it with great regularity.

All told, the construction takes about a fortnight, and when it's done, AMEN is a veritable fortress. The edges of the grounds are bordered by great walls, with towers spaced at regular intervals. These towers house forcefield generators capable of enclosing the entire site in an impenetrable energy field - at least until the power runs out, because it takes a lot of energy. The walls themselves are thick and strong. The base has three floors aboveground and a further two below, plus the reactor core a hundred meters below that. The lower basement has a fully outfitted cell block.

The walls of the base are strong, and the windows as tough as the walls. The layout is simple and efficient. The roof, accessible via a staircase from the inside, and provides a view of the entire surrounding area and some excellent spots for snipers. Likewise, the outer walls and even the inside of the base have defensive positions and chokepoints cleverly built into the architecture.

The commander's office has a control panel that can remotely override anything electronic on-site, from the reactor itself to the forcefield generators to the regular power sockets.

However, it's noticeable that there are no offensive features. No traps, no guns, not even a lethal defense. Furthermore, all the advanced technology is shielded from scans and any attempt to open it up to take a look results in a self-destruct that irretrievably damages all the mechanisms.

And during the whole thing, unmarked containers are brought in by the robots and disappear into the construction works without a trace...

happyturtle
2013-11-03, 12:35 PM
Main Room - Interviewing New Members

Name: Nefila Sujigumo
Sex: F
Species: Vaess (Oohness)
Profession: Deception is the role of my caste
Reason for joining AMEN: AMEN appears to be a strong hive-analogue.
Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Sound/voice imitation, low-light operations, stealth, numbing venom, web production (includes knitting if needed)
References (Victims preferred): Animals hunted, invaders to my hive killed. Had I not been exiled, my hive might have vouched for me.
Past Experience: 15 years of caste duty.
Other Information:
She fills it out in her dark maroon blood, using one of her needles.
Is everything here in order?

"For now, until I get the loyalty test gear set up. In the meantime, pick a room and feel free to order the henchies around." Moff says.

[Front Door - Coming Soon]

The woman of unidentified species scratches the back of her neck with one claw as she answers, avoiding eye contact.

"Erm, yeah, actually. Cyrus told me this was some kind of Guild for people willing to get their hands dirty. Are you taking members?"

Assuming the woman goes inside, she'll see a Moff with a mechanical lower jaw taking membership applications.

Beans
2013-11-03, 12:38 PM
[Main Room]
Nefila bow-nods yet again, then scuttles off. She gives each person she passes a little nod, to the point where it's no longer being mildly polite to them and more like being mildly polite at them.

Eventually she finds a room she likes and gets to work.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-03, 12:40 PM
Plans for the DEATH STAR AMEN Base

Well, Gash looks over the plans and nods slowly, liking what he sees. Then, Clegg walks out of AMEN, I suppose. The prisoner thing didn't happen, cause confusing OOC stuff happened. So, the undead Captain wordlessly strides over to Gash and takes the plans. The rotting man taps his hand on the prints, looking about everything. This is acceptable. Also, what are those unmarked containers? I want a look. I don't want just anything shipped in here. That's how bombs and such happen.

Also, is there a way we could possibly build in an area to dock my ship? Upon command, the Crone's Claw appears back into the material plane, hovering above AMEN. The Captain appears to be rather stressed.

Darkcomet
2013-11-03, 01:03 PM
Normally, this would probably be pretty well impossible, but with the thing that possessed the AMEN base temporarily limited (hopefully) it might just be possible.

A ghostly entity attempts to enter AMEN from underground, and uses its sense for technology to try to trace its security systems. If this is successful, it will, basically, try to possess the main base's security systems, as it is one of those ghostly entities that has a certain affinity for possessing technology.

All attempted, of course.

GrandDM
2013-11-03, 01:39 PM
Plans for the DEATH STAR AMEN Base

Well, Gash looks over the plans and nods slowly, liking what he sees. Then, Clegg walks out of AMEN, I suppose. The prisoner thing didn't happen, cause confusing OOC stuff happened. So, the undead Captain wordlessly strides over to Gash and takes the plans. The rotting man taps his hand on the prints, looking about everything. This is acceptable. Also, what are those unmarked containers? I want a look. I don't want just anything shipped in here. That's how bombs and such happen.

Also, is there a way we could possibly build in an area to dock my ship? Upon command, the Crone's Claw appears back into the material plane, hovering above AMEN. The Captain appears to be rather stressed.

A few quick alterations to the holoscreen floating next to Harald provide a docking facility. One of the containers is brought over and opened up with a blurring movement of fingers across apparently identical patches of the casing to reveal a huge mass of wiring, coils and strange pieces of engineering.

"There. Nothing explosive. Merely relays for the computer system. Oh, by the way, I can code you an AI if you wish, but it'll cost extra. It's a pain putting in all the security measures to prevent anyone accessing his code."

Beans
2013-11-03, 02:28 PM
[Nefila's Room]
The lights are dimmed as she takes the rather plain room and makes it her own. Let's see... bed? Mmmno, not practical with this anatomy. Nice sheets and blankets, though, and the mattress itself isn't bad...

Montage activate!

By the time the 80's music and shot transitions are over, she's repurposed the mattress and frame as a low-slung seat in a corner, placing a sort of web-bed in a far corner with the blankets and stuff.

Darkcomet
2013-11-03, 02:53 PM
[Inside AMEN-By Mr. E's Room]

If it is possible, the flamethrowers and drills protecting this room will suddenly go berserk thanks to the ghost in the systems, trying to, basically, set everything around on fire and/or drill randomly all over the area.

That can't be good.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-03, 03:21 PM

The woman does in fact head in with a nod of thanks to the Foreman, and assuming that it's easy enough to find said membership application, she has a pen handy to fill it out on the spot.

Name: Saahep. Most just call me Saa.

Age: In Nexus time? Like, five years. Tops. But thanks to Altered-Timeflow-Bubble abuse, quite a bit older biologically. Mid-20s, if I had to guess.

Sex: Female

Species: Thrax. Not too common, as we were engineered here in the Nexus less than a decade ago in standard time.

Profession: Soldier, Adventurer, General Troubleshooter.

Reason for joining AMEN: I work well with others and there's no way I could tangle with insanely powerful Nexus Police and Vigilantes singlehandedly. I'm good, but not that good.

Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I'm a competent soldier with both sword and crossbow, though I could learn other weapons if necessary. I can work in a team fairly well, as has been previously stated, plus I've got enough leadership experience to help whip henchmen and minions and such into shape, and keep them coordinated and effective in an actual fight.

I'm not an actual mage, but I've also got a decent understanding of magic and how it works, which is invaluable when dealing with magic-wielding foes. It also helps when trying to get magical stuff working.

References (Victims preferred): No real victims yet, though Mr. Ahu would probably vouch for me if asked.

Past Experience: Spent a year as a Guard Captain at the Ebon Citadel. Slew a marauding dragon once, with the help of a well-timed volley of arrows.

Other Information: Being a Thrax gives me some advantages that might not be immediately apparent. I can fly, though that might stop being true if my wings get injured. I can exert more force into a blow than all but the strongest humans could. Oh, and I have both an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton, which means I'm tough enough to survive most attacks. I can also digest just about anything in a pinch, though decent food is still preferable to chewing on dirt or something.

happyturtle
2013-11-03, 03:27 PM

"You'll need to sign that in blood," Moff says. "Hmm... leadership experience. Does that mean I can put you in charge of the henchies and your player will roleplay them you can handle them in a combat situation?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-03, 04:38 PM

"Oh."

Saa nods, sighs, and pulls out a sharp looking knife.

...and then saws at her arm with it, trying to get under the strange chitinous scaly exoskeleton. It'll take a few seconds before she actually draws any blood.

"Anyway, my player can totally do that I doubt they're any more ornery than the violent morons at the Ebon Citadel, and I managed to make them work together. So yeah, I figure I can make your association's henchmen a little more respectable."

And there goes a bit of blue-green, thick blood. Thankfully it isn't acidic or anything, because that would be awkward. The thrax casually dips her pen in it and writes out her name in the blood. Then she takes a bandage out of her pack and wraps it around her arm, because bleeding sucks.

She's secretly hoping that wasn't a demonic pact with microscopic fine print or something. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2013-11-05, 01:51 AM
A few quick alterations to the holoscreen floating next to Harald provide a docking facility. One of the containers is brought over and opened up with a blurring movement of fingers across apparently identical patches of the casing to reveal a huge mass of wiring, coils and strange pieces of engineering.

"There. Nothing explosive. Merely relays for the computer system. Oh, by the way, I can code you an AI if you wish, but it'll cost extra. It's a pain putting in all the security measures to prevent anyone accessing his code."

He looks over the plans and nods. I won't pretend to have any idea as to what you're talking about, except that it looks good and stable. An AI? Oh, please do. Have it answerable to myself. Only myself. It may be of use in the days to come. Also, I was threatened on the wall, we may have visitors. AS such, I'm laying a trap out. Prepare yourself in case anything happens. Don't worry, you'll be safe. He gives an order to Gash and he walks away to do... something.

Zefir
2013-11-05, 03:29 AM
[Main Room]

Zefir just shakes his head after Clegg just went away. He did thought the undead will go enrage, but it seems like he missed it.. He just continues with hsi work on the front door, placing his explosive traps to avoid something like before.

After that he will head back to the Main room and sit into a free char their.

GrandDM
2013-11-06, 11:40 AM
He looks over the plans and nods. I won't pretend to have any idea as to what you're talking about, except that it looks good and stable. An AI? Oh, please do. Have it answerable to myself. Only myself. It may be of use in the days to come. Also, I was threatened on the wall, we may have visitors. AS such, I'm laying a trap out. Prepare yourself in case anything happens. Don't worry, you'll be safe. He gives an order to Gash and he walks away to do... something.

"Of course."

After a few days, AMEN's computer system will be inhabited by an AI. It's coded to be morally aligned with the organisation, and is capable of providing lots of helpful suggestions or plans... but they're never quite right, and it never seems able to give anything really important. In addition, it doesn't just obey Clegg - anyone of high rank can give it orders, but Clegg has the highest access.

((I'm warning you now, OOC, that Harald has built in some backdoors that means he can override all of AMEN's security clearances if he needs to.))

happyturtle
2013-11-06, 11:59 AM
Main Room

Moff address Zefir and Saa. "I want both of you to bar access to Clegg, Harald, and any of their people. I don't care what they're building out there, we aren't moving into it. AMEN started in this valcano, and by satan, we're staying in this valcano! And we sure as hell aren't outsourcing anything we do to anyone that hasn't signed in blood. That alone proves that Clegg is incompetent to run this place."

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-06, 03:23 PM
Main Room

"Understood. I'll pass it along to the henchmen as well."

She even gives a little salute! How nice.

"Just, um, one question: Who the heck are Clegg and Harald? And do their men have any identifying marks?"

Huh. Apparently, Clegg and Harald didn't register as enough of a threat for Cyrus to bother telling his guard captains about them. That's kind of messed up.

happyturtle
2013-11-06, 03:33 PM
Main Room

"Clegg - nasty rotting undead guy, captains a flying ship and has undead minions. Harald is a smoking hawt looking scientist dude in a skin tight labcoat who is so far up his own ass he can see out his mouth. They're outside the valcano building something that is definitely NOT going to be the new AMEN base." Moff says.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-06, 05:18 PM
Main Room

"Oh."

Saahep seems a little weirded out by that.

"And we're not stopping them from building a fortress that isn't under our actual control or jurisdiction directly outside of our base? Or are we just going to wait for them to finish and then loot anything of value before destroying it?"

Well, at least she's considering the tactical options for dealing with such a problem?

Beans
2013-11-06, 06:10 PM
[Main Room]
Nefila scuttles out, and something's got her agitated enough to be knitting.
Click click click click.
She hears Moff and Saahep talking about the whole Clegg-Harald situation and finds herself getting a bit more anxious, because that sounds like a problem just waiting to fall face-first atop them.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-06, 07:04 PM
"Of course."

After a few days, AMEN's computer system will be inhabited by an AI. It's coded to be morally aligned with the organisation, and is capable of providing lots of helpful suggestions or plans... but they're never quite right, and it never seems able to give anything really important. In addition, it doesn't just obey Clegg - anyone of high rank can give it orders, but Clegg has the highest access.

((I'm warning you now, OOC, that Harald has built in some backdoors that means he can override all of AMEN's security clearances if he needs to.))

The Captain nods and speaks to Clegg alone. He moves to put his arm around Harald's neck before pausing and just putting his arm down. He might get Harald's coat slimed. Doctor... I am greatly impressed with you and your reputation... Let me let you in on a little secret of mine... Well... He cackles lightly as his various insects crawl about his coat. I don't expect AMEN will be around much longer, Doctor. This place truly was once a power, but I've gathered that I'm not particularly wanted here.... Install thrusters to the base, if you can. We'll be leaving this blasted volcano and taking up airspace in Skyside... The city of the future... And if the surviving AMENites won't follow me, I will be using this base as a home for a new organization.

And I'd like you to lead it with me. Frankly, Harald... Both of us are hated by just about everyone in the entire Nexus. But, we are a great threat. Together we can collect ourselves, build up some militia, maybe some members... And seeing how Skyside is new, we can firmly plant out roots... Captain and Scientists. Science and Black Magic. Perfect mix, eh, friend?

Murkus
2013-11-07, 12:32 AM
[Front Door]

A bristly-looking, stocky man makes his way up the mountain to arrive at AMEN's front door. He's obviously a working fellow, whether one sees by the way he holds himself, or his weathered brown arms thick with muscle. It's the sort of strength that comes of hard work rather than deliberate toning.

His face is just as tanned; both leathery and patterned with tight wrinkles. The fellow would be handsome, were he younger and less grouchy looking. He's dressed in simple dockers, a dark green sweater, and a heavy black winter coat. Swung over one shoulder, supported by his left hand, is what appears to be a mattock. In the other is a heavy-looking duffel bag, the strap warped in one of his meaty fists.

The miner's dark eyes search the outer base to see if the rumors of AMEN's demise are true, or at least to check just how much damage has been done. Then, satisfied, he bangs on the door a few times.

ThePhantom
2013-11-07, 12:56 AM
Mr E's Room

Mr E sighs, as his security system is acting up. Well, at least the flamethrowers will run out of fuel sooner or later. After that, the drills should be avoidable.

Front Door

A henchman opens the front door, large hammer in hand. They only just finished putting that back up.

"What do you want?"

Murkus
2013-11-07, 01:07 AM
[Front Door]

"Membership. My name is Maiel," The older gentleman says. He speaks with a strange accent, and only in short spurts - as though he weren't willing to put more effort forward. Not to say the miner seems disrespectful - in fact, it's just the opposite. He slings his duffel up on his free shoulder and bows his head to the henchman. "May I enter?"

Maiel seems to be fairly well off by his appearance. There's a few gold rings around his fingers, old-looking, and a thin loop of silver hangs round his wrist.

ThePhantom
2013-11-07, 02:54 AM
Front Door

The henchman looks at AMEN's latest guest.

"I think that should be alright."

The henchman steps out of the way.

Zefir
2013-11-07, 03:20 AM
Main Room

Moff address Zefir and Saa. "I want both of you to bar access to Clegg, Harald, and any of their people. I don't care what they're building out there, we aren't moving into it. AMEN started in this valcano, and by satan, we're staying in this valcano! And we sure as hell aren't outsourcing anything we do to anyone that hasn't signed in blood. That alone proves that Clegg is incompetent to run this place."

Main Room

Zefir just waves in his char.

"Not that I can do much against his teleporting and I assume that Harald guy got something simular in technologie."

happyturtle
2013-11-07, 04:22 AM
Main Room

"They'd both be idiots to teleport into a base that's under construction. They might land right in the path of Mr E's drill or a suddenly appearing portal or something. Saa, we're not going out and tearing down their fortress because they outnumber us something fierce. So we're bunkering down in here and rebuilding, and maybe the problem will just go away. A lot of times in the Nexus, thinking like that actually works." Moff with the mechanical jaw says.

Speaking of portals, another Moff - we'll call him helper Moff - arrives to use portals to help clear rubble. Should help the job go faster.

Darkcomet
2013-11-07, 01:46 PM
Mr E's Room

Mr E sighs, as his security system is acting up. Well, at least the flamethrowers will run out of fuel sooner or later. After that, the drills should be avoidable.

If possible they may very well set the room itself on fire/drill everything in it to bits. The entity in the security system doesn't know what's in there, but if it's heavily defended, it must be important.

If those drills are mobile like the drill machine E has, they will divert to...

Trying to drill into the volcano/valcano. Specifically, into magma.

That could be a problem.

ThePhantom
2013-11-07, 01:51 PM
Mr E's Room

All the defenses are focused around keeping people away from the door, so the drills are not mobile enough to go away from the door. Sure, this hijacking might result in the destruction of the door, but the defenses will likely not wreck his room.

Murkus
2013-11-07, 03:27 PM
[Front Door --> Main Room]

The burly miner steps inside, pausing a moment to bow his head and whisper something before moving forward. His boots clomp down the hall and carry him into the main room, where he has another look around.

"Hello?" He says, glancing at interview-Moff. His voice comes out deep with a rich, gravelly timbre. "How does one become a member here?"

Beans
2013-11-07, 03:30 PM
[Main Room]
The appearance of the huge miner man does little to mollify Nefila's anxiety; the spidery Vaess woman knits faster, the pace of her needles' soft click-click-click increasing as she indulges her nervous little habit. She looks the newcomer over, wondering where he's from and what he wants in particular.

happyturtle
2013-11-07, 04:07 PM
Main Room

Moff's mechanical jaw drops. "Are you an honest-to-Satan miner?"

Murkus
2013-11-07, 04:26 PM
Main Room

"Honest... if I have this language correct, then no. Hardly," Maiel says, allowing himself a small, dry smile. "But I break rocks. I dig tunnels. So yes. A miner."

happyturtle
2013-11-07, 04:39 PM
Main Room

"Wow, you have come to the right place," Moff says. He hands over a membership form. "We're recovering from an earthquake here."

Murkus
2013-11-08, 01:55 AM
[Main Room]

Maiel's eyebrows shoot up as he takes his application. "An earthquake? Here? On... what is the word. A volcano-mountain?" Maiel hesitates ever so slightly, not sure his vocabulary is up to snuff. He snorts, impressed. "You are very lucky people."

The form will be filled out, and subsequently returned to Moff! Maiel's handwriting is quite poor, I'm afraid, but legible. It seems he put some work into it before attempting to apply.

Name: Maiel.

Sex: Male

Species: The people call my kind Gargantua. It is fitting. I am no man.

Profession: Miner. Always. Treasure hunter? Perhaps.

Reason for joining AMEN: To amass the greatest hoard of treasure in this world, or any other.

Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I am strong. Stronger than a legion of men. My grandfather has blessed me with many talents.

I am a miner, and have some experience as a builder.

References (Victims preferred): I have none I can name.

Past Experience: I have never been here before.

Other Information:

"Is there a trial? To gain entry?" Maiel asks.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-08, 02:03 PM
Main Room

Saa nods.

"I am in agreement that assaulting superior numbers, even if their fortifications are unfinished, without an adequate plan would be a severe misstep. It does exacerbate the problem, however, if they have the force necessary to rout us, especially given the seeming lack of defenses here.

Perhaps there is another option. Do we have gullible enemies we can goad into attacking them?"

She offers another respectful nod to the Miner as he enters the room as well. Poor Moff, stuck in multiple conversations at once. It's a good thing the Nexus is weird like that. :smalltongue:

Beans
2013-11-08, 02:09 PM
[Main Room]
Not speaking up yet, Nefila listens to Saa's concerns, which are... worrying.
Hooray!

Darkcomet
2013-11-08, 02:23 PM
[Mr. E's Room]

Failing anything else, the flamethrowers will be trying to turn on each other, the goal being to heat their fuel tanks until they, uh, explode.

Or the weapons just melt down. Either works.

All that done, the ghost in the systems will be leaving the security systems...

[Cloning Tanks]

And trying to possess random cloning tanks and screw up their circuitry. An overload here, a short circuit there, attempting to cause defective clones, that sort of thing.

Regardless of the result, it's going to be leaving after that.

happyturtle
2013-11-09, 09:46 AM
[Main Room]

Maiel's eyebrows shoot up as he takes his application. "An earthquake? Here? On... what is the word. A volcano-mountain?" Maiel hesitates ever so slightly, not sure his vocabulary is up to snuff. He snorts, impressed. "You are very lucky people."

The form will be filled out, and subsequently returned to Moff! Maiel's handwriting is quite poor, I'm afraid, but legible. It seems he put some work into it before attempting to apply.

"Is there a trial? To gain entry?" Maiel asks.

"No, but you need to sign in blood," Moff says.

Main Room

Saa nods.

"I am in agreement that assaulting superior numbers, even if their fortifications are unfinished, without an adequate plan would be a severe misstep. It does exacerbate the problem, however, if they have the force necessary to rout us, especially given the seeming lack of defenses here.

Perhaps there is another option. Do we have gullible enemies we can goad into attacking them?"

She offers another respectful nod to the Miner as he enters the room as well. Poor Moff, stuck in multiple conversations at once. It's a good thing the Nexus is weird like that. :smalltongue:

"Watch is pretty gullible, but I doubt they're gullible enough to attack again so soon," Moff says.

Zefir
2013-11-09, 11:29 AM
Main Room

"They'd both be idiots to teleport into a base that's under construction. They might land right in the path of Mr E's drill or a suddenly appearing portal or something. Saa, we're not going out and tearing down their fortress because they outnumber us something fierce. So we're bunkering down in here and rebuilding, and maybe the problem will just go away. A lot of times in the Nexus, thinking like that actually works." Moff with the mechanical jaw says.

Speaking of portals, another Moff - we'll call him helper Moff - arrives to use portals to help clear rubble. Should help the job go faster.

Main Room

"So we can assume Clegg doing it I think. Well..." He stands up and picks up a metal plate that lies on the ground.
"Be right back."

He then heads down the rooms into a toolroom where he will make a sign out of the metal plate. It will show Clegg and next to him the text " I need to stay outside" like the dog signs on some super market. If not stopped he will put it near the entrance so people who enter can see it. He got no picture of Harald so it's only Clegg on it.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-09, 06:26 PM
[Harald's Fortifications - Clegg's Retirement Party!]

Let's get this party started!

Harald's sensors might detect a certain something rocketing out of orbit on a direct collision course with one of his towers. A strong magical barrier protects it (whatever it may very well be) and scrambles any and all scans that attempt to identify whatever is sheltered behind the bullet-shaped shield.

Any observer might note that the thing, whatever it is, is shooting out of the heavens at supersonic speeds and accelerating.

This thing is unbound by the laws of physics. It is beyond scientific comprehension. It hungers for death and destruction. Their suffering is its ecstasy. All this can be gleaned from nothing more than the briefest exposure to the aura it exudes.

Clegg and Harald are about to have a very bad day. A very, very bad day indeed.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-09, 08:27 PM

Harald's sensors might detect a certain something rocketing out of orbit on a direct collision course with one of his towers. A strong magical barrier protects it (whatever it may very well be) and scrambles any and all scans that attempt to identify whatever is sheltered behind the bullet-shaped shield.

Any observer might note that the thing, whatever it is, is shooting out of the heavens at supersonic speeds and accelerating.

This thing is unbound by the laws of physics. It is beyond scientific comprehension. It hungers for death and destruction. Their suffering is its ecstasy. All this can be gleaned from nothing more than the briefest exposure to the aura it exudes.

The Captain had been waiting for something to happen. He figured he'd pissed off more than half of the Nexus by now, and he was expecting opposition in his attempt to claim AMEN for himself. Clegg notices the massive thing flying to his base and sighs.

There was always a bigger fish.:smallsigh:

He quickly has his connection with The Crone's Claw relay information to Chuckles. Hostile Force. Go cloaked and fire away at the object. Try not to kill Harald and keep damage to S.K.U.L.L minimum. If you hit AMEN, oh well. He unsheathes his weaponry and instantly begins to cast. Next turn there will be four nasty looking wraiths by his side. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/BigVenom.png

Murkus
2013-11-09, 08:32 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel, being the bear of a man that he is, won't shy from shedding a little blood. He shrugs, reaches into his duffel - now lying on the floor - and draws a stone knife. The miner cuts his finger, dabbing the quill there before scrawling his name roughly. There's a soft pop as he finishes, showing that both his blood is supernaturally active, and that the contract is sealed. Tendrils of some smokey substance rise from the paper.

"It is done," Maiel looks at Moff stonily. "Shall I fix your building?"

ThePhantom
2013-11-09, 10:22 PM
[Mr. E's Room]

Failing anything else, the flamethrowers will be trying to turn on each other, the goal being to heat their fuel tanks until they, uh, explode.

Or the weapons just melt down. Either works.

All that done, the ghost in the systems will be leaving the security systems...

[Cloning Tanks]

And trying to possess random cloning tanks and screw up their circuitry. An overload here, a short circuit there, attempting to cause defective clones, that sort of thing.

Regardless of the result, it's going to be leaving after that.

And so the flamethrowers fry each other. Well, at least Mr E can get into his room now, which he does so in order to resume watching through the remaining cameras.

Arkhosia
2013-11-09, 10:38 PM
Front Door

A woman wearing a green bow, a dark green open lab coat revealing a black sweater underneath, long black pants, and dark blue boots with a obsidian-colored metal staff on her back approaches the door and knocks.
Her skin is slightly dark, and her eyes are a brilliant yellow. Her long black hair hangs down her back, reaching her waist.
Hello?

GrandDM
2013-11-10, 02:59 AM

The Captain had been waiting for something to happen. He figured he'd pissed off more than half of the Nexus by now, and he was expecting opposition in his attempt to claim AMEN for himself. Clegg notices the massive thing flying to his base and sighs.

There was always a bigger fish.:smallsigh:

He quickly has his connection with The Crone's Claw relay information to Chuckles. Hostile Force. Go cloaked and fire away at the object. Try not to kill Harald and keep damage to S.K.U.L.L minimum. If you hit AMEN, oh well. He unsheathes his weaponry and instantly begins to cast. Next turn there will be four nasty looking wraiths by his side. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/BigVenom.png

All of Harald's robots teleport out, leaving him there, leaning unconcernedly against a wall.

"Like to hire some help, Clegg?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-10, 04:59 AM
"Watch is pretty gullible, but I doubt they're gullible enough to attack again so soon," Moff says.

[Main Room]

The thrax wraps her fingers around her chin in the universal gesture for deep thought at this information.

"Understandable. In that case, I shall muse upon a better solution to-"

Saa's head suddenly perks up.

"...do you hear something whistling? Like a missile?"

happyturtle
2013-11-10, 06:12 AM
Main Room

"Yes, you can help the other me who is shifting rubble," he says, pointing to helper Moff. Then missile... "Missile? Guess we'd better get to our underground bunker. OH WAIT!" Moff says, in complete unconcern.

A third Moff, doorman Moff, checks the peephole to make sure it isn't Clegg, and opens the door for Arkhosia. "Hurry inside before that missile hits."

Arkhosia
2013-11-10, 09:08 AM
Main Room

The woman, who I've decided now is actually named Arkhosia (:smalltongue:) doesn't need to be told twice. She darts it to the building.

happyturtle
2013-11-10, 09:35 AM
Door

Doorman Moff slams and bolts the very heavy and thick door. "Are you here to join or attack? Because if you're here to attack, I should remind you that I could have left you outside to get hit by a missile."

Arkhosia
2013-11-10, 09:38 AM
Door

Doorman Moff slams and bolts the very heavy and thick door. "Are you here to join or attack? Because if you're here to attack, I should remind you that I could have left you outside to get hit by a missile."

I'm here to join.
Are there rafters?

happyturtle
2013-11-10, 09:43 AM
Door

"Oh good. Follow the tunnel. Don't look for any explosives along the way, or you might find them. When you get to the Main Room, look for the guy who looks like me, except half his face is mechanical. He'll get you signed up." Doorman Moff says.

Arkhosia
2013-11-10, 09:45 AM
Door

"Oh good. Follow the tunnel. Don't look for any explosives along the way, or you might find them. When you get to the Main Room, look for the guy who looks like me, except half his face is mechanical. He'll get you signed up." Doorman Moff says.

Arkhosia nods and enters the main room.
((Does the main room have rafters?))

happyturtle
2013-11-10, 09:48 AM
Main Room

((It's carved out of the inside of a mountain. No rafters.))

Inside, she'll see Mechnical Jaw Moff talking to Maiel and Saa.

Arkhosia
2013-11-10, 09:51 AM
Main Room

((It's carved out of the inside of a mountain. No rafters.))

Inside, she'll see Mechnical Jaw Moff talking to Maiel and Saa.

((Darn. Any shadowy corners one could hide on then?))

Arkhosia walks over to MJ Moff
I apologize for interrupting, but I was told to see you.

happyturtle
2013-11-10, 10:11 AM
Main Room

Shadowy corners, formed by rubble, are in abundance, but they're in the process of being cleaned out. The furniture that also might have provided shadowy corners is pretty destroyed. Presumably that will be replaced at some point. "Here. Fill this out," MJ Moff says, handing over a copy of the form from the OP. "Sign in blood, swear to be loyal to AMEN through the ages, blahdee blahdee blah."

Arkhosia
2013-11-10, 10:20 AM
Main Room

Okay, one second.

Name: Arkhosia Scorium
Sex: female
Species: Faunus (Cat)
Profession: Thief and Trained Fighter
Reason for joining AMEN: To work with like-minded individuals and gain allies.
Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Semblance allows me to summon and control fire, extremely skilled in wielding my staff, good at stealing.
References (Victims preferred): Various Huntresses, Shnee Dust Company.
Past Experience: Member of The White Fang
Other Information:

Arkhosia draws a blade and cuts her left index finger, wincing, and signs in blood.

Zefir
2013-11-11, 04:22 AM
Main Room

Zefir stands up from his seat as he hears the noise.

"Sounds like a rocket. Best we just go deeper inside for now." he sais to everyone else in the Room as he heads for one of the hallways.

happyturtle
2013-11-11, 11:47 AM
Main Room

"Okay, Arkhosia, here's the rules. Don't let Clegg or Harald into the base. Clegg is no longer a member here, and Harald never was. If they try to invade, then be ready to fight. Until then, anything you can do to prepare our defenses is welcome." He points to the people in the room and does a rapid introduction so all the new members know who else is there, as well as giving a basic description of Clegg and Harald. "Zefir's our explosives guy. Saa's in charge of henchmen. Mr E and Maiel are heading up rebuilding efforts. Nefila here is another sneaky type like you, so the two of you should probably team up, work out some sort of counter-espionage strategy in case anyone in this room is an enemy infiltrator."

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 11:49 AM
Main Room

"Okay, Arkhosia, here's the rules. Don't let Clegg or Harald into the base. Clegg is no longer a member here, and Harald never was. If they try to invade, then be ready to fight. Until then, anything you can do to prepare our defenses is welcome." He points to the people in the room and does a rapid introduction so all the new members know who else is there, as well as giving a basic description of Clegg and Harald. "Zefir's our explosives guy. Saa's in charge of henchmen. Mr E and Maiel are heading up rebuilding efforts. Nefila here is another sneaky type like you, so the two of you should probably team up, work out some sort of counter-espionage strategy in case anyone in this room is an enemy infiltrator."

Arkhosia nods.
She walks over to Nelfia
Hello there.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 05:59 PM
[Main Room]

When introduced, Maiel sets his mattock against the floor and gives a very slight bow. He would say it's a pleasure or somesuch nonsense, but that has yet to be determined.

Maiel turns to the work. He shrugs off his coat and tosses it over the nearest piece of furniture, shortly before gripping his mattock in two meaty fists and setting to the rubble. Rocks are broken, whereafter they can be picked up by Helper Moff's portals or whatever henchman happen to be on the job. He works faster than most machines could, turning huge sections of broken wall or mountain into pebbles with just a few vicious swings.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 08:09 PM
Main Room

Meanwhile, Caelynn appears behind a large piece of rubble... Which is destroyed by Maiel.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 08:58 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel gives Caelynn a bland look, lowering his mattock.He'd already knocked it up to swing again. The miner's rather intense brow flattens out. :smallannoyed: "You should be more careful. I could have cracked your skull." Despite his face, Maiel's voice is more concerned than irritated. If you can call that dry tone concerned. "What are you doing, sneaking about?"

By this point the miner's sweater had become rather uncomfortable, so he's taken it off. Now he's wearing just his work trousers, held up by suspenders, and a pair of steel-toed boots. Gleaming beads of sweat have broken out across the man's leathery forehead, and along the broaaad expanse of his muscular shoulders. It's clear he's been doing this sort of work a very long time.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 09:02 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel gives Caelynn a bland look, lowering his mattock.He'd already knocked it up to swing again. The miner's rather intense brow flattens out. :smallannoyed: "You should be more careful. I could have cracked your skull." Despite his face, Maiel's voice is more concerned than irritated. If you can call that dry tone concerned. "What are you doing, sneaking about?"

By this point the miner's sweater had become rather uncomfortable, so he's taken it off. Now he's wearing just his work trousers, held up by suspenders, and a pair of steel-toed boots. Gleaming beads of sweat have broken out across the man's leathery forehead, and along the expanse of his powerfully muscled core. It's clear he's been doing this sort of work a very long time.

The Cat Faunus darts off toward the door.
Whoa, what's the rush- oh, it's you.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 09:05 PM
[Main Room]

If Maiel can, he'll catch Caelynn's wrist. The motion is effortless, his grip like iron.

"Who?" Maiel asks, whether he catches her or not. His voice is entirely unchanged.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 09:09 PM
[Main Room]

If Maiel can, he'll catch Caelynn's wrist. The motion is effortless, his grip like iron.

"Who?" Maiel asks, whether he catches her or not. His voice is entirely unchanged.

He succeeds, and her face pales. it pales even more when she sees Arkhosia.
Her name is Caelynn Turath. A Huntress and my archenemy.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 09:21 PM
[Main Room]

"A spy?" Maiel asks, accenting the 'y'. He doesn't yet jump to conclusions - perhaps Caelynn is simply Arkhosia's rival within the folds of the Association. But given the color in Cael's face - or lack thereof - he doubts that's the case. Hence, his reaction. "This place is good at making enemies. Or so I am told."

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 09:26 PM
[Main Room]

"A spy?" Maiel asks, accenting the 'y'. He doesn't yet jump to conclusions - perhaps Caelynn is simply Arkhosia's rival within the folds of the Association. But given the color in Cael's face - or lack thereof - he doubts that's the case. Hence, his reaction. "This place is good at making enemies. Or so I am told."

Caelynn struggles more. She seems a bit tired.
We go way back. Figures she'd be spying in me. That bitch nearly killed me once.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 09:32 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel tries to haul Caelynn up by her wrist, right off the ground. He glares at her. "Well? Why are you here? Speak, woman." He wants to know whether or not she's spying on AMEN, or just Arkhosia. And, of course, how she got in. After that Arkhosia can decide what to do with the misbegotten spy.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 09:46 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel tries to haul Caelynn up by her wrist, right off the ground. He glares at her. "Well? Why are you here? Speak, woman." He wants to know whether or not she's spying on AMEN, or just Arkhosia. And, of course, how she got in. After that Arkhosia can decide what to do with the misbegotten spy.

He succeeds.
I...
She hangs her head in defeat.
I was spying on her. And AMEN on the side when she came here.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 10:01 PM
[Main Room]

"Are you working for anyone?" Maiel demands in his rocky voice, watching the girl's face for any sign of a lie. He's not a detective, so very subtle ticks will get past, but if there's an obvious sign of deceit... "How did you get in here?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 10:03 PM
[Main Room]

"Are you working for anyone?" Maiel demands in his rocky voice, watching the girl's face for any sign of a lie. He's not a detective, so very subtle ticks will get past, but if there's an obvious sign of deceit... "How did you get in here?"

Caelynn shakes her head, scared.
Teleportation. It's a bit tiring, though.
She sounds rather exhausted.
She's not lying.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 10:08 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel sighs deeply. His voice has become exasperated. "Well we can't hardly let you go. There are probably important secrets here, somewhere." The miner looks at Arkhosia. "What do we do with spies? Throw them in a dungeon?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 10:12 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel sighs deeply. His voice has become exasperated. "Well we can't hardly let you go. There are probably important secrets here, somewhere." The miner looks at Arkhosia. "What do we do with spies? Throw them in a dungeon?"

Arkhosia shrugs.
No idea.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 10:15 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel drops Caelynn to the floor, prepared to grab her again if she tries to flee. "Deal with her. Find a way to stop that... teleporting." He's quite certain he knows what that means. Mostly certain. Damn this language. "I have work to do."

Work that, barring any more interruptions, will be complete in short order. The base will be clear of rubble, and while still dusty, is once again orderly. Maiel begins laying supports for the collapsed walls, preparing his other tools all the while.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 10:19 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel drops Caelynn to the floor, prepared to grab her again if she tries to flee. "Deal with her. Find a way to stop that... teleporting." He's quite certain he knows what that means. Mostly certain. Damn this language. "I have work to do."

Work that, barring any more interruptions, will be complete in short order. The base will be clear of rubble, and while still dusty, is once again orderly.

Arkhosia grabs Caelynn roughly and drags her to another AMEN member.
Where should I put her?

Beans
2013-11-11, 10:24 PM
[Main Room]
Nefila slips a bone spur from her wrist.
If it is wished, I could help keep her out of trouble by means of my venom. It will leave her numb and unable to act for a while. She looks Caelynn over with her gleaming yellow eyes, skittering closer.

Arkhosia
2013-11-11, 10:29 PM
[Main Room]
Nefila slips a bone spur from her wrist.
If it is wished, I could help keep her out of trouble by means of my venom. It will leave her numb and unable to act for a while. She looks Caelynn over with her gleaming yellow eyes, skittering closer.

Arkhosia drags Caelynn over to Nefila.
Do it. Where should I put her?
Caelynn looks resigned and tired.

Beans
2013-11-12, 11:13 AM
Nefila reaches forward, trying to inject the intruder with her numbing venom. Whee, full-body Novocaine!

Arkhosia
2013-11-12, 11:22 AM
Nefila reaches forward, trying to inject the intruder with her numbing venom. Whee, full-body Novocaine!

She succeeds.
Thanks... Nefila, right?
Meanwhile, a henchman grabs Caelynn and drags her to the cell area.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-12, 11:38 PM
All of Harald's robots teleport out, leaving him there, leaning unconcernedly against a wall.

"Like to hire some help, Clegg?"

The Captain quickly speaks Harald. Yes, yes, please. But, get the base rising, now, please. As soon as is possible! Once we reach airspace above AMEN in Skyside, it'll leave us alone. I recognize that energy. It's Clarissa, a very powerful entity. Stronger than both of us, I'm afraid. He shouts out. Come fight me, woman!

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-13, 03:36 PM
Main Room

"Yes, you can help the other me who is shifting rubble," he says, pointing to helper Moff. Then missile... "Missile? Guess we'd better get to our underground bunker. OH WAIT!" Moff says, in complete unconcern.

[Main Room]

"...Point." concedes Saa, now much less concerned.

And then she just kind of watches in a mixture of surprise and bemusement as the whole absurdity with Caelynn comes about and henchmen arrive to drag her down to the nearest cell!

She's paralyzed at the moment, of course, but might wake up later. The thrax makes a mental note to make sure that she's either kept in a comatose state or prevented from teleporting out some other way. She should be properly interrogated before anyone even thinks of letting her go.

For now, though, she merely waits, bides her time for the optimal moment to strike. If there really is a missile coming down...

...then maybe they can use it to their advantage.

Arkhosia
2013-11-13, 03:43 PM
Nearest Cell

Caelynn is literally tossed into the Nearest Cell.
Oww...
She will seem much less tired now.
I hate Ark's Semblance
Arkhosia can create and sap energy.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-13, 03:57 PM
Posting Because Confusion Needs To Be Addressed

The Crone's Claw is currently floating above AMEN invisibly. The ship is to fire cannons but not send any grounds force to engage the attacking missile. The Proto-Skull Base is still under construction, but flight capable. Clegg's plan is to run as fast as he can and fly up to Skyside Airspace, then meet with The Crone's Claw above to regenerate crew and formulate a plan.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-13, 05:21 PM
[Wherever the Over-Aggressive Clegg Is Standing - Goodness Gracious Great Balls Of Fire!]

((I take it that that is my cue to post?))

I haven't a clue as to how Clegg knows what Clarissa's energy is like, but he is correct. The object hurtling down to earth from spaaaace is indeed an orbital striking Clarissa.

Clarissa zig-zags through wave after wave of cannonballs as though they were stationary objects obstructing her path as she braces for touchdown. 3...2...

Did he just...

Zooooom!

Clegg might instantly regret daring Clarissa to fight him. Not a second after he has challenged Clarissa to battle, she alters her trajectory. While she would have crashed headfirst into Harald's fortifications had she stayed the course, her new path, much to Clegg's dismay, would end with her crashing directly into Clegg's face with all of her magical shielding goodness evil.

At least she isn't flying around at the speed of sound anymore. Was that intentional or-

"FALCON-"

Oh gods! Everybody, do the dinosaur hit the deck! :smalleek:

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-13, 09:27 PM
((Attempts were made on the way down, while she was poisoned, paralyzed, and delirious, to identify any magic items she was carrying and anything that could be used as a weapon. These items would have been confiscated and placed in a "Prisoners' Stuff" box somewhere out of sight if found. The Shotgun-Gauntlets and Shockwave-Boots come to mind, but there might be more that I don't know about.

On second thought, they'd probably take the gauntlets even if they didn't know about the hidden shotguns. Gauntlets are much deadlier than bare hands when so much as throwing a punch.))

Cell Block Alpha

It's dark here. Not completely, of course: That would make it hard for the Henchmen to do their jobs. But it's definitely dim down here. As Caelynn awakes from her poison-fueled nap, she'll likely be able to see that she's on a cold, hewn-stone ground, surrounded by the typical black metal bars. There's a lock on the cell door, but no key in sight.

The second thing she's likely to notice are the two henchmen stationed to watch over her, standing outside the cell. They're both in the official AMEN uniform, and armed with loaded Assault Rifles. Apparently AMEN takes espionage attempts seriously. Even laughably pathetic ones.

The third thing she's likely to notice is a smirking Saahep, leaning up against the far wall. I dunno if you've seen her description, but it's here for the sake of setting the scene properly:

She looks vaguely like a half-dragon in some ways, due to her clearly reptilian features and generally humanoid shape, but that's about where the similarity ends. To start with, her deep purple "scales" resemble the chitin composite that makes up a beetle's shell rather than the keratin that composes the normal kind. Further, unlike half-human half-dragons, she does not appear to have any significant secondary sexual characteristics. She does have a pair of large dragon-style wings, but unlike the leathery structure that one would expect to see, they are instead fairly well-armored with more chitinous plates.

Her clothes consist of fairly standard-looking adventurer's gear, with food supplies and canteens and such, though her weapons of choice appear to be a shamshir and a crossbow. She's wearing both across her back, though, rather than wielding them.

She's not carrying food supplies and canteens right now though, because that would be silly.

"Hey, Boss, she's waking up!"
"Yeah! The stuff's wearing off."

Saa gets off of the wall and walks over toward her cell, not bothering with drawing weapons.

"Well, well, well. What have we here? Some kinda catgirl? Lots of those floating around these days, I hear."

The Thrax turns to Darkorange and orders: "One wrong move from her, shoot both of her legs out. Shoot to kill if she makes it to the bars."

Smiling with a dissonant serenity, Saa turns back to Caelynn.

"Hello there. Let's start easy, shall we? What's your name?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-13, 09:35 PM
Cell Block Alpha

Nothing besides the boots and gauntlets.
Caelynn stirs.
She seems scared when she notices her boots and gauntlets are missing.
And terrified of the orders to the guards.
I'm a Cat Faunus.
Caelynn Arkhosia.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-13, 10:26 PM
Cell Block Alpha

Saa keeps her creepy smile going. There's something just off about it: It would look friendly, warm, and understanding in a scenario in which one participant was NOT locked in a dungeon and quite possibly about to be tortured. As is, something is just distinctly wrong.

"Ah. Pleased to meet you then, Miss Arkhosia. Or do you prefer Caelynn? I'd prefer to have the name straight."

As she's saying this, she flicks out a key, unlocks the cell door, and hands it to Olive, who pockets it. Then she opens it and takes a step through, as Olive locks it behind her and closes it. This would be a good spot to interrupt the scene if Caelynn was dumb enough to make a break for it with DarkOrange's gun trained on her kneecaps and a huge Thrax in the way.

"Where are my manners, though? I am Saahep, newly-appointed Henchman Commander and a Member of AMEN. I'll be your interrogator for today."

She's still waiting for the answer to the question up above, so it'd be rude to ask a second one.

D_Lord
2013-11-13, 10:47 PM
Cell Block Alpha

While still not everywhere as they used to be. Black threads start showing up in the walls and ceiling. Looks like D is starting to regain control of the volcono.

Arkhosia
2013-11-13, 11:26 PM
Cell Block Alpha

Saa keeps her creepy smile going. There's something just off about it: It would look friendly, warm, and understanding in a scenario in which one participant was NOT locked in a dungeon and quite possibly about to be tortured. As is, something is just distinctly wrong.

"Ah. Pleased to meet you then, Miss Arkhosia. Or do you prefer Caelynn? I'd prefer to have the name straight."

As she's saying this, she flicks out a key, unlocks the cell door, and hands it to Olive, who pockets it. Then she opens it and takes a step through, as Olive locks it behind her and closes it. This would be a good spot to interrupt the scene if Caelynn was dumb enough to make a break for it with DarkOrange's gun trained on her kneecaps and a huge Thrax in the way.

"Where are my manners, though? I am Saahep, newly-appointed Henchman Commander and a Member of AMEN. I'll be your interrogator for today."

She's still waiting for the answer to the question up above, so it'd be rude to ask a second one.

Caelynn.
She edges away to the back wall when Saahep enters, terrified

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-13, 11:55 PM
Cell Block Alpha

Saahep grins widely, savoring the fear practically dripping from the Huntress in distress.

"Caelynn, then. See, cooperate like this and we might even-"

Black Threads! This wasn't in the plan! Saa's appearance of total control falters a bit as this unexpected variable causes her to falter a moment, but she manages to put her creepy factor back together quickly.

"Oh, and I believe that was the dimension lock kicking in. Good, that'll spare me the trouble of using the shackles on you."

She's not wrong, strictly speaking. Though she doesn't know that.

"How about another easy question? Why did you choose to spy on AMEN, and who sent you?"

How nice! She's not even going straight for the torture.

Arkhosia
2013-11-14, 12:05 AM
Cell Block Alpha

Saahep grins widely, savoring the fear practically dripping from the Huntress in distress.

"Caelynn, then. See, cooperate like this and we might even-"

Black Threads! This wasn't in the plan! Saa's appearance of total control falters a bit as this unexpected variable causes her to falter a moment, but she manages to put her creepy factor back together quickly.

"Oh, and I believe that was the dimension lock kicking in. Good, that'll spare me the trouble of using the shackles on you."

She's not wrong, strictly speaking. Though she doesn't know that.

"How about another easy question? Why did you choose to spy on AMEN, and who sent you?"

How nice! She's not even going straight for the torture.

Caelynn doesn't notice Saa's faltering, too unnerved by the Threads. Then she hears the Dimension Lock comment.
I-I chose to because i w-was spying on Arkh, and i decided to t-try and learn a bit about the Org. M-many groups are opposed to you, so i-i thought i might as well u-use my time on p-personal business for profit. no o-one sent me, i s-swear.
she's extremely terrified now.
She's not lying.

Zefir
2013-11-14, 03:31 AM
Main Cabin

Zefir is still here. He notice the spy and how fast it seems to get caught.Sometimes people are really bad at things and still try it. That leads Zefir to another thing. he will sit down in a couch and sart watching TV since moving the big rubble should be done by the physical strong people.

GrandDM
2013-11-14, 11:21 AM
[Wherever the Over-Aggressive Clegg Is Standing - Goodness Gracious Great Balls Of Fire!]

I haven't a clue as to how Clegg knows what Clarissa's energy is like, but he is correct. The object hurtling down to earth from spaaaace is indeed an orbital striking Clarissa.

Clarissa zig-zags through wave after wave of cannonballs as though they were stationary objects obstructing her path as she braces for touchdown. 3...2...

Did he just...

Zooooom!

Clegg might instantly regret daring Clarissa to fight him. Not a second after he has challenged Clarissa to battle, she alters her trajectory. While she would have crashed headfirst into Harald's fortifications had she stayed the course, her new path, much to Clegg's dismay, would end with her crashing directly into Clegg's face with all of her magical shielding goodness evil.

At least she isn't flying around at the speed of sound anymore. Was that intentional or-

"FALCON-"

Any backlash from whatever she does washes over a forcefield that's sprung up around Harald.

"Excuse me, Clarissa? Before you try and destroy anything, may I ask why you're doing so?"

5a Violista
2013-11-14, 05:46 PM
Entrance of AMEN
Some unknown time after The Crone's Claw stops firing cannonballs

Finally, after way too long, Harley Zorzo returns to AMEN's base from WATCHTOWER. Wow, this place really took the beating, didn't it? There's a floating whatchamacallit, the base looks like it was dragged through Texas and back from behind a horse, and...eew. What's that smell?

Harley's holding her scabbard in hand, she's covered in blood and soot and clothing damage, and she looks a good fourteen years younger than she did when she left the base. (So, she looks like she's in her early thirties.) She still has her scar, though, on her face. It doesn't look any different.

She notices the front door is almost repaired, and she wonders if there's still anybody here. Any signs of life? "Hello?" she calls out, stepping over a piece of rubble.

It seems she'll soon run into people and henchmen and letters.

Arkhosia
2013-11-14, 09:11 PM
Main Cabin

Zefir is still here. He notice the spy and how fast it seems to get caught.Sometimes people are really bad at things and still try it. That leads Zefir to another thing. he will sit down in a couch and sart watching TV since moving the big rubble should be done by the physical strong people.

Ark sits down next to him.
Anything good on?

ThePhantom
2013-11-14, 10:56 PM
Entrance of AMEN
Some unknown time after The Crone's Claw stops firing cannonballs

Finally, after way too long, Harley Zorzo returns to AMEN's base from WATCHTOWER. Wow, this place really took the beating, didn't it? There's a floating whatchamacallit, the base looks like it was dragged through Texas and back from behind a horse, and...eew. What's that smell?

Harley's holding her scabbard in hand, she's covered in blood and soot and clothing damage, and she looks a good fourteen years younger than she did when she left the base. (So, she looks like she's in her early thirties.) She still has her scar, though, on her face. It doesn't look any different.

She notices the front door is almost repaired, and she wonders if there's still anybody here. Any signs of life? "Hello?" she calls out, stepping over a piece of rubble.

It seems she'll soon run into people and henchmen and letters.

A henchman working with a wheelbarrow of rubble who was heading out the door stops.

"Who are you?"

5a Violista
2013-11-14, 11:33 PM
Entrance

"Oh. Hi," she says. "I'm Harley Zorzo." Of course.

Will the henchmen believe her? Well..."Look, it even says so here on my scabbard." She shows her scabbard, and it's written in some indecipherable language that is definitely not English.

She also has the same scar on her face, like she always has had.

ThePhantom
2013-11-15, 12:17 AM
Entrance

"Haley, wait the new head Haley?"

Not used to the new boss yet.

"I didn't realize it was you."

5a Violista
2013-11-15, 12:32 AM
Entrance

"Harley," she corrects. "There's an 'R' in it. It makes that breathy sound from the back of the throat, which is why most people don't notice that the 'R' is there."

There's a short moment of silence. Harley hopes her explanation made sense.

She looks around at the rubble. "So...what happened while I was gone? I was here up to the point that people started throwing around explosives in the Meeting Room; then I fell through a portal to the WATCHTOWER."

ThePhantom
2013-11-15, 01:01 AM
Entrance

Makes sense to me, that explaination.

"Well, there were more explosions, a drill, then something that blew up the thing in the walls, and the WATCHTOWER folk got away. Then there were new members joining up with a Moff acting in your place as you were away."

Orange doesn't know everything that was going on, so that's not the whole story but its what he knows.

5a Violista
2013-11-15, 01:48 AM
Entrance

It's good that it makes sense; I entirely came up with it on the spot to explain an IC occurrence: like three people have called her Harley so far. Luckily, the explanation is also true, so it works.

"Oh. Okay," she says, after being lost in thought.

"This particular Moff, could you take me to him? I think it would be the best for me to meet with him as soon as possible." One could interpret that as an order. Another one could interpret it as not. Regardless of what Orange interprets it as, it's coming from the de facto leader of AMEN, or at least someone who claims to be her.

Zefir
2013-11-15, 06:29 AM
Ark sits down next to him.
Anything good on?

[Main Room]

I'm not sure what exactly a Faunus is, especially since you mention cat behind it.
Zefir looks over at the newcomer, if she just sit on the same couch he won't move, but if she tries to get close, he will move to get some space between them.

"Not really. The news are the onlything worth watching so far." he says while switching through the channels.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:32 AM
[Main Room]

I'm not sure what exactly a Faunus is, especially since you mention cat behind it.
Zefir looks over at the newcomer, if she just sit on the same couch he won't move, but if she tries to get close, he will move to get some space between them.

"Not really. The news are the onlything worth watching so far." he says while switching through the channels.

She seems a bit feline and has cat ears (concealed beneath the bow).
Must be pretty bad then.
She jokes.

Zefir
2013-11-15, 06:43 AM
[Main Room]

Zefir doesn't really get the joke. So she will get a confused looks from the side.

"None really cares about the TV Programm anyway. I mean they get busted every time someone new enters."

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:46 AM
[Main Room]

Zefir doesn't really get the joke. So she will get a confused looks from the side.

"None really cares about the TV Programm anyway. I mean they get busted every time someone new enters."

Oh man, that would be a pain.
"Yes! We finally bought a new TV! Oh look, someone new is enter-oh god, we just replaced that!"

Zefir
2013-11-15, 07:02 AM
[Main Room]

"That happened quiet a lot. I think there is a contract with MagMarkt to replace them every time the TV is broken."

Zefir still switches channel only keeping them long enougth to se what's going on.

"And what's up with you strange catwoman?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 07:12 AM
[Main Room]

"That happened quiet a lot. I think there is a contract with MagMarkt to replace them every time the TV is broken."

Zefir still switches channel only keeping them long enougth to se what's going on.

"And what's up with you strange catwoman?"

Hmm... My archenemy failed miserably at espionage, I got teleported into Nexus, I was attacked by a pack of evil bears, and I stole a large diamond, in reverse chronological order.

Zefir
2013-11-15, 07:16 AM
[Main Room]

Zefir after all appears normal, just like that story is normal.. for Nexus terms.

"So typical Nexus newcomer. And what drawes your attention to me?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 11:37 AM
[Main Room]

Zefir after all appears normal, just like that story is normal.. for Nexus terms.

"So typical Nexus newcomer. And what drawes your attention to me?"

Nothing really, just socializing.

ThePhantom
2013-11-15, 01:28 PM
Entrance

It's good that it makes sense; I entirely came up with it on the spot to explain an IC occurrence: like three people have called her Harley so far. Luckily, the explanation is also true, so it works.

"Oh. Okay," she says, after being lost in thought.

"This particular Moff, could you take me to him? I think it would be the best for me to meet with him as soon as possible." One could interpret that as an order. Another one could interpret it as not. Regardless of what Orange interprets it as, it's coming from the de facto leader of AMEN, or at least someone who claims to be her.

"I think he's in the main room."

Orange puts the wheelbarrow down and walks towards the main room, hoping that Moff Malak is there.

happyturtle
2013-11-15, 01:38 PM
Main Room

Mechanical Jaw Moff is in the Main Room, flipping through a men's swimsuit catalogue.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 01:39 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep smiles a bit wider, at that, then practically sings out another line.

"Is that sooooo..?"

Uh oh. That's never a good sign.

"In that case, I'll go ahead and mark you down for 'all of the above'. Since you were going to sell to everyone, presumably. Tell me, do you even know what you're meddling in? Do you even know what our enemies are and do? And how arrogant could you be to think that you'd leave AMEN unscathed?"

She's working on the psychological torture right now. She might get to the physical stuff later if she doesn't like the answers, though.

5a Violista
2013-11-15, 01:52 PM
Main Room

Mechanical Jaw Moff is in the Main Room, flipping through a men's swimsuit catalogue.

[Room of Mains]

Harley follows the Orange Henchman through the base to the Main Room, where she sees the Moff there.

Oh, look, a swimsuit catalog. It looks pretty...manly.

She stands there with her arms folded and clears her throat.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 02:00 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep smiles a bit wider, at that, then practically sings out another line.

"Is that sooooo..?"

Uh oh. That's never a good sign.

"In that case, I'll go ahead and mark you down for 'all of the above'. Since you were going to sell to everyone, presumably. Tell me, do you even know what you're meddling in? Do you even know what our enemies are and do? And how arrogant could you be to think that you'd leave AMEN unscathed?"

She's working on the psychological torture right now. She might get to the physical stuff later if she doesn't like the answers, though.

She seems extremely extremely scared now.
N-no. I-I didn't e-expect to g-get c-caught..

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 02:33 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns a moment at the answer, but puts her guise back up quickly enough. And then she attempts, in one sudden, swift move, to thrust her palm into Caelynn's sternum. Hard.

Well, hard enough to shove air out of the lungs. Probably not hard enough to crack bone. Unless Caelynn happens to have osteoporosis.

"That was not what I asked."

Assuming that all has gone to plan so far, she then releases her hold. It's sort of hard to answer questions without being able to breathe, after all.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 02:43 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns a moment at the answer, but puts her guise back up quickly enough. And then she attempts, in one sudden, swift move, to thrust her palm into Caelynn's sternum. Hard.

Well, hard enough to shove air out of the lungs. Probably not hard enough to crack bone. Unless Caelynn happens to have osteoporosis.

"That was not what I asked."

Assuming that all has gone to plan so far, she then releases her hold. It's sort of hard to answer questions without being able to breathe, after all.

Caelynn is caught off guard. Saa may notice her palm hurts slightly
She is winded, and gasps for breath.
I didn't know, I don't know, and I expected to get away unscathed because I didn't expect to get caught!
She still is terrified, but seems a bit angry now.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 02:53 PM
[Cell Block A]

You'll have to be a little more specific than that. Would it be pain because Caelynn's just tough enough to shove back a little bit? Does she have some magical effect that lashes out at things striking her? Does she sweat acid?

Of the three, only the magic would be so much as noticed unless the other two were very potent. Saahep's species has a thick layer of scales on top of an exoskeleton, so it takes a lot to actually make her feel pain.

Anyway, Saa returns to her previous disconcertingly-friendly-looking demeanor at that set of answers, seeming pleased now.

"That's better. Now, tell me. You were spying on us. Find anything interesting?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 02:56 PM
[Cell Block A]

You'll have to be a little more specific than that. Would it be pain because Caelynn's just tough enough to shove back a little bit? Does she have some magical effect that lashes out at things striking her? Does she sweat acid?

Of the three, only the magic would be so much as noticed unless the other two were very potent. Saahep's species has a thick layer of scales on top of an exoskeleton, so it takes a lot to actually make her feel pain.

Anyway, Saa returns to her previous disconcertingly-friendly-looking demeanor at that set of answers, seeming pleased now.

"That's better. Now, tell me. You were spying on us. Find anything interesting?"

It would feel like she had hit a wooden shield. It's magical in origin.
No. I literally had just teleported in here when I was caught.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 03:10 PM
[Cell Block A]

Ah. Well, she'd feel that simply due to the amount of pressure involved, but it wouldn't really hurt. It'd probably just feel like a mildly surprising amount of resistance, like shoving someone who's a bit heavier than they look.

The Thrax's smile shifts into more of a smirk. Seems she's given up on that playing nice game. Which is probably a mercy, really. It's significantly less creepy, though fear still isn't an inordinate reaction.

"Too bad. Might've been fun to have a bit of dirt on my compatriots. Ah well.

Now, one question remains: What should I do with you? You're pretty much useless for actual information.

On the other hand, nobody sent you. Which means that nobody's going to come looking for you. And, well, my list of victims is a little bit on the sparse side, if you catch my meaning..."

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 03:16 PM
[Cell Block A]

Ah. Well, she'd feel that simply due to the amount of pressure involved, but it wouldn't really hurt. It'd probably just feel like a mildly surprising amount of resistance, like shoving someone who's a bit heavier than they look.

The Thrax's smile shifts into more of a smirk. Seems she's given up on that playing nice game. Which is probably a mercy, really. It's significantly less creepy, though fear still isn't an inordinate reaction.

"Too bad. Might've been fun to have a bit of dirt on my compatriots. Ah well.

Now, one question remains: What should I do with you? You're pretty much useless for actual information.

On the other hand, nobody sent you. Which means that nobody's going to come looking for you. And, well, my list of victims is a little bit on the sparse side, if you catch my meaning..."

Caelynn's eyes widen
Please... No... I-I'll do anything you want! I can g-give you info on HALO! J-just please d-don't kill me!

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 03:27 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa grins evilly.

"Who said I was going to kill you? No, I thought of a way you could be useful after all. AMEN's lost a lot of its fear and respect recently, and that's a bad thing.

I'm not going to kill you, not down here. That's just blood without purpose. I'm going to demonstrate why random heroes and fools shouldn't **** with AMEN, and then I'm going to let you walk off.

To be an example for others."

...Uh oh.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 03:32 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa grins evilly.

"Who said I was going to kill you? No, I thought of a way you could be useful after all. AMEN's lost a lot of its fear and respect recently, and that's a bad thing.

I'm not going to kill you, not down here. That's just blood without purpose. I'm going to demonstrate why random heroes and fools shouldn't **** with AMEN, and then I'm going to let you walk off.

To be an example for others."

...Uh oh.

Caelynn just attempts to back away from Saahep into the back wall to get as far away from her as possible.
She's extremely terrified

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 03:51 PM
[Cell Block A]

In what might be the most glaringly wrong shift yet, Saa puts the motherly smile back on as she takes a step foward.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. No more words? No more excuses? Nothing useful? Surely you didn't expect me to just say 'Okay, we're done, you can go now', did you?

We're the Association for the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious, and we didn't get that way by letting people off with a slap on the wrist and a second chance."

From there, the Thrax telegraphs a right hook...

...before suddenly pulling back and attempting to thrust her left knee into the Faunus' Solar Plexus instead. If that's successful, she follows through with her right hand in an attempt to get Caelynn in a chokehold.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 04:00 PM
[Cell Block A]

In what might be the most glaringly wrong shift yet, Saa puts the motherly smile back on as she takes a step foward.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. No more words? No more excuses? Nothing useful? Surely you didn't expect me to just say 'Okay, we're done, you can go now', did you?

We're the Association for the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious, and we didn't get that way by letting people off with a slap on the wrist and a second chance."

From there, the Thrax telegraphs a right hook...

...before suddenly pulling back and attempting to thrust her left knee into the Faunus' Solar Plexus instead. If that's successful, she follows through with her right hand in an attempt to get Caelynn in a chokehold.

Caelynn lifts her left arm to block the right hook really, really fast. Twice as fast as a usual person would. Then she gets kneed.
The wooden shield feeling is felt again, and Caelynn cries out in pain and is winded. Then she's in a chokehold.
Please...stop...
She's crying a bit now.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 04:52 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep's adrenaline is pumping in force now: If the effect hurt her before, it certainly doesn't now. Plus she's accounting for the information and bracing properly for the "armor" now anyway.

Heck, she's downright excited now. It's been a while since she's done anything so personally violent; usually she fights with her actual weapons, and it's actually quite liberating to be using her own body to inflict pain.

Oh, and her wings have instinctively unfolded to make her look bigger and more intimidating. There's barely even enough room for them to spread in the cell, and the ends are poking outside the bars. Bonus points for blocking DarkOrange's line of sight, too.

Really, she's probably not even aware that she's doing it, much less that it's negating her backup plan.

As for Saa herself, she's given up on trying to keep herself cool and collected, and at this point sports a manic grin, her sharp teeth completely bared. She's trying to hold Caelynn just high enough up on the wall so that her feet aren't touching the ground, and squeezing hard enough that she might find it difficult to perform the breathing that's required to put up a fight, but not so hard that she's suffocating to death or completely unable to speak. Talking like this is probably rather difficult, but she could probably gurgle out some intelligible words with effort.

Her other hand pulls a jagged obsidian-edged knife free from a sheath at her hip, though she doesn't use it quite yet.

"And why should I? Why are you worth anything to anyone?!"

Alright, from an OOC perspective, here's what Saa is planning:

Basically, she intends to use her sharp, jagged knife to carve messages about not messing with AMEN and words like "Spy" into some visible areas with a jagged knife, then leaving them untreated so that they scar.

She also plans to carve an antimagic rune into the small of her back in a similar manner, so she can't teleport around or use any other personal magic until it's removed somehow.

From there, there's two ways of finishing this that I haven't decided on yet.

The first is being sold into slavery, and putting some money in Saa's pocket at another's misery. I know you already have a character who's been a slave, though, and this might not be a good way to go for that reason.

The other, potentially much more harrowing, idea was that Caelynn would be stripped nude, and a long gash drawn along her gut so that she would be forced to hold her intestines in until the wound heals. Then she'd be basically shoved out the front door into freedom...

...while the henchmen get some practice with their aim. Moving quickly would be a good idea, in that case.

Obviously all of these things are semi-permanent and in some cases very gruesome or even potentially character-changing consequences, so I thought I'd run it all by you before anything happens.

If you'd prefer this toned down, of course, just let me know. The above would be in-character for Saa, but I wouldn't want to ruin your characterization for my own.

happyturtle
2013-11-15, 04:58 PM
Cell Block A

A Moff seems to have slipped in at some point to observe the proceedings. He's just standing and leaning against the wall, watching the prisoner torture. As you do.

He can be skipped unless directly addressed.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 05:02 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep's adrenaline is pumping in force now: If the effect hurt her before, it certainly doesn't now. Plus she's accounting for the information and bracing properly for the "armor" now anyway.

Heck, she's downright excited now. It's been a while since she's done anything so personally violent; usually she fights with her actual weapons, and it's actually quite liberating to be using her own body to inflict pain.

Oh, and her wings have instinctively unfolded to make her look bigger and more intimidating. There's barely even enough room for them to spread in the cell, and the ends are poking outside the bars. Bonus points for blocking DarkOrange's line of sight, too.

Really, she's probably not even aware that she's doing it, much less that it's negating her backup plan.

As for Saa herself, she's given up on trying to keep herself cool and collected, and at this point sports a manic grin, her sharp teeth completely bared. She's trying to hold Caelynn just high enough up on the wall so that her feet aren't touching the ground, and squeezing hard enough that she might find it difficult to perform the breathing that's required to put up a fight, but not so hard that she's suffocating to death or completely unable to speak. Talking like this is probably rather difficult, but she could probably gurgle out some intelligible words with effort.

Her other hand pulls a jagged obsidian-edged knife free from a sheath at her hip, though she doesn't use it quite yet.

"And why should I? Why are you worth anything to anyone?!"

Alright, from an OOC perspective, here's what Saa is planning:

Basically, she intends to use her sharp, jagged knife to carve messages about not messing with AMEN and words like "Spy" into some visible areas with a jagged knife, then leaving them untreated so that they scar.

She also plans to carve an antimagic rune into the small of her back in a similar manner, so she can't teleport around or use any other personal magic until it's removed somehow.

From there, there's two ways of finishing this that I haven't decided on yet.

The first is being sold into slavery, and putting some money in Saa's pocket at another's misery. I know you already have a character who's been a slave, though, and this might not be a good way to go for that reason.

The other, potentially much more harrowing, idea was that Caelynn would be stripped nude, and a long gash drawn along her gut so that she would be forced to hold her intestines in until the wound heals. Then she'd be basically shoved out the front door into freedom...

...while the henchmen get some practice with their aim. Moving quickly would be a good idea, in that case.

Obviously all of these things are semi-permanent and in some cases very gruesome or even potentially character-changing consequences, so I thought I'd run it all by you before anything happens.

If you'd prefer this toned down, of course, just let me know. The above would be in-character for Saa, but I wouldn't want to ruin your characterization for my own.

I... Have... Very... Influential... Allies
Caelynn gurgles.
I'd prefer her not to have the rune carved and the intestine thing,
But I don't mind either of those ways.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 05:12 PM
[Cell Block A]

The Moff goes unnoticed by Saa, though Olive waves at the newcomer! How nice. If only because it's a distraction from watching somebody breaking down in there.

"Oh? Do tell! I'd love to hear this..."

The thrax still sports her threatening posture and manic grin, though she relaxes her grip slightly, if only so that it becomes easier to speak. That's not to say that she's entirely dropped the threat of direct physical torture. In fact, she makes sure to flick the knife so as to emphasize that.

That's fine, since the rune's easy enough to just overlook and the disembowelment was mostly just an extra dash of cruelty on a misery sundae. Depending on how the allies thing pans out, she just might end up getting away without the worse stuff anyway.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 05:16 PM
[Cell Block A]

The Moff goes unnoticed by Saa, though Olive waves at the newcomer! How nice. If only because it's a distraction from watching somebody breaking down in there.

"Oh? Do tell! I'd love to hear this..."

The thrax still sports her threatening posture and manic grin, though she relaxes her grip slightly, if only so that it becomes easier to speak. That's not to say that she's entirely dropped the threat of direct physical torture. In fact, she makes sure to flick the knife so as to emphasize that.

That's fine, since the rune's easy enough to just overlook and the disembowelment was mostly just an extra dash of cruelty on a misery sundae. Depending on how the allies thing pans out, she just might end up getting away without the worse stuff anyway.

Ritzy Mccane and Tobias Vulpin.
(That's the name of the leader of HALO, right?)

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 05:31 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa's face falls into a sneer as she tries to lift the Faunus even higher.

"Lies. Never even heard of Ritzy, so I doubt he matters, but Tobias? He's in charge of HALO. You know, the organization that you claimed to have no association with not so long ago. You're an embarrassment to spies everywhere: You can't even keep your own damn alibis straight.

You'd better start talking now or I'll start peeling up your nerves cord by cord until you do."

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 05:34 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa's face falls into a sneer as she tries to lift the Faunus even higher.

"Lies. Never even heard of Ritzy, so I doubt he matters, but Tobias? He's in charge of HALO. You know, the organization that you claimed to have no association with not so long ago. You're an embarrassment to spies everywhere: You can't even keep your own damn alibis straight.

You'd better start talking now or I'll start peeling up your nerves cord by cord until you do."

You asked who sent me, not who i was associated with! I wasn't sent by HALO to spy! I don't DO that sort of thing for them!

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 06:05 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns: Caelynn's right, technically, and that really annoys her. Still, it's an opening to work with. The Thrax releases her grip, dropping the faunus to her feet.

"Alright then, indulge me: What DO you do for HALO, and why shouldn't I just kill you where you stand and bargain off your soul to one of the Demons or Devils around here?"

Saahep's wings fall back to normal about now, too. Getting the wind knocked out of her proverbial sails kind of killed her mood.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:07 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns: Caelynn's right, technically, and that really annoys her. Still, it's an opening to work with. The Thrax releases her grip, dropping the faunus to her feet.

"Alright then, indulge me: What DO you do for HALO, and why shouldn't I just kill you where you stand and bargain off your soul to one of the Demons or Devils around here?"

Saahep's wings fall back to normal about now, too. Getting the wind knocked out of her proverbial sails kind of killed her mood.

Caelynn collapses on the ground.
she is defiantly silent.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 06:20 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa smiles again. It's fairly neutral, unlike her previous creepy, manic, and smirking types. She wants to play the quiet game? Saahep can play the quiet game.

The quiet game is easier when you're the one with the knife, though. Said knife is presently being swung with intent to draw a long, shallow, diagonal gash across Caelynn's chest. Through clothes and all.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:22 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa smiles again. It's fairly neutral, unlike her previous creepy, manic, and smirking types. She wants to play the quiet game? Saahep can play the quiet game.

The quiet game is easier when you're the one with the knife, though. Said knife is presently being swung with intent to draw a long, shallow, diagonal gash across Caelynn's chest. Through clothes and all.

The blade is not blocked.
Caelynn cries out in pain.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 06:29 PM
[Cell Block A]

A deep breath: The smell of fresh blood. Wonderful!

Saa smirks again.

"Hey, I can do this all day. Or I could strap you down, find my tweezers, and physically peel your nerves out of your body one at a time, but that's a huge hassle. Granted, I don't know too much about your species' anatomy, but finding out is half of the fun, eh?

Or you could just talk, but hey, let's not go crazy here. I've been looking forward to some good, old-fashioned torture for a while now."

Another slash in the opposite direction, to punctuate the point.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:33 PM
[Cell Block A]

A deep breath: The smell of fresh blood. Wonderful!

Saa smirks again.

"Hey, I can do this all day. Or I could strap you down, find my tweezers, and physically peel your nerves out of your body one at a time, but that's a huge hassle. Granted, I don't know too much about your species' anatomy, but finding out is half of the fun, eh?

Or you could just talk, but hey, let's not go crazy here. I've been looking forward to some good, old-fashioned torture for a while now."

Another slash in the opposite direction, to punctuate the point.

Caelynn cries out in pain again.
I'm not telling you anything.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 06:41 PM
[Cell Block A]

The Thrax shrugs.

"That's what you say now. You might feel differently a few weeks from now, after I'm done passing you around the base. Some of these members are real deviants, you know that? I mean, I don't shy away from dirty business, but I'm downright friendly by comparison.

I mean, heck! I even gave you a few chances to share before I so much as put a scratch on you!"

No new wounds this time. She's going to let the existing ones bleed and fester, though.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:49 PM
[Cell Block A]

The Thrax shrugs.

"That's what you say now. You might feel differently a few weeks from now, after I'm done passing you around the base. Some of these members are real deviants, you know that? I mean, I don't shy away from dirty business, but I'm downright friendly by comparison.

I mean, heck! I even gave you a few chances to share before I so much as put a scratch on you!"

No new wounds this time. She's going to let the existing ones bleed and fester, though.

I bet my gauntlets that won't happen.

D_Lord
2013-11-15, 07:03 PM
[Cell Block A]

Not to say that this isn't fun. But I need to do some special feeding to rebuild. So I'm Asking. Can I Have her instead?

Eyes start opening on the walls with the black threads.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-15, 10:19 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa chuckles at the comment about the Gauntlets.

"You know, traditionally you're only supposed to wager with things you actually have. Technica-"

And more Black Threads! And also Eyes! And the Dark Lord's Voice!

Saahep is, understandably, a bit freaked out about this, since it's a nasty surprise. Racking her brain, though, she does remember Cyrus offhandedly mentioning something about an Elder Thing in the Walls? Maybe that's what this is. Yes, that makes sense. Maybe it's friendly? Relatively speaking? :smalltongue:

This information in mind, she swallows her fear for a moment. Weakness is not something she can afford right now.

"Oh, erm, hey there. Normally I'd just say yes, but I suspect this one knows something of value."

Okay, now time for the magic to happen. She momentarily fixes one of the eyes with a look that just says "seriously, work with me here and I'll bring you a replacement or five". Saahep really hopes that the Thing in the Walls plays along, or this could potentially backfire horribly. She then proceeds to turn back to the Faunus, and puts on her best evil grin.

"Now, you see, we have two options as to where we go from here. The first is that you start cooperating and tell me what I want to know. Once we've confirmed everything, you walk free, mostly unharmed. The second option is that my friend here consumes your very mind and soul, leaving you a withered husk of a being that no longer is capable of, well, anything. We'll still get the information, or most of it, at any rate, but you won't be walking away.

Now, consider your next words very carefully. What exactly is it that you do for HALO?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 10:29 PM
[Cell Block A]

Saa chuckles at the comment about the Gauntlets.

"You know, traditionally you're only supposed to wager with things you actually have. Technica-"

And more Black Threads! And also Eyes! And the Dark Lord's Voice!

Saahep is, understandably, a bit freaked out about this, since it's a nasty surprise. Racking her brain, though, she does remember Cyrus offhandedly mentioning something about an Elder Thing in the Walls? Maybe that's what this is. Yes, that makes sense. Maybe it's friendly? Relatively speaking? :smalltongue:

This information in mind, she swallows her fear for a moment. Weakness is not something she can afford right now.

"Oh, erm, hey there. Normally I'd just say yes, but I suspect this one knows something of value."

Okay, now time for the magic to happen. She momentarily fixes one of the eyes with a look that just says "seriously, work with me here and I'll bring you a replacement or five". Saahep really hopes that the Thing in the Walls plays along, or this could potentially backfire horribly. She then proceeds to turn back to the Faunus, and puts on her best evil grin.

"Now, you see, we have two options as to where we go from here. The first is that you start cooperating and tell me what I want to know. Once we've confirmed everything, you walk free, mostly unharmed. The second option is that my friend here consumes your very mind and soul, leaving you a withered husk of a being that no longer is capable of, well, anything. We'll still get the information, or most of it, at any rate, but you won't be walking away.

Now, consider your next words very carefully. What exactly is it that you do for HALO?"

I'll cooperate. Theororetically, I would aid the patrol teams, but i haven't yet been needed...

D_Lord
2013-11-15, 10:29 PM
[Cell Block A]

Or I turn you into an Vampire bind you to the soil of that cell, and set you on fire for my fun and feeding.

The eye just rolls at Saahep and because she looked kind of closely at it, she can see the burning raging, something just wrong insanity of entity it belongs too.

Also,I could instead do a binding bargain. You work for me, I set you free and, You tell me, everything I want to know. And a bargain with me is not something you can get out of.
:smallbiggrin:But a course that isyour choice.

And looks like in its madness it missed the fact that she chose to answer her already.

Zefir
2013-11-16, 07:16 AM
Nothing really, just socializing.

[Main Room]

"Socializing? Well, that's new. You know your in AMEN here? Normaly we can keep down, but a fight between members isn't rare."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 09:49 AM
[Main Room]

"Socializing? Well, that's new. You know your in AMEN here? Normaly we can keep down, but a fight between members isn't rare."

It's partly a strategic advantage. Gain as many allies as I possibly can. There's only so much I can do, after all.
Then she notices Harley
Hello miss. Who are you?

happyturtle
2013-11-16, 01:49 PM
[Room of Mains]

Harley follows the Orange Henchman through the base to the Main Room, where she sees the Moff there.

Oh, look, a swimsuit catalog. It looks pretty...manly.

She stands there with her arms folded and clears her throat.

Moff looks over at her and... well, he can't really smile properly anymore, with the mechanical jaw, so it's more of a hideous grimace involving only the top part of his face. "So! You made it back? Any word on the other missing members?"

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 02:00 PM
[Main Room]

"Yes, I did make it back," Harley replies. "I...might have found them. I'm not a hundred percent sure, though. Stu walked out of their base without difficulty. There was a woman in one of the jail cells - but she was half-goat, so if either of the two who went can turn into a goat, then she's there. She was unconscious, though. There was a little kid, there, too. I can only assume it was the other AMENite that went. It seems the kid had an escape plan in the works. I tried to break them out, but a gargoyle and a giant spider chased me across the tower so I had to bail."

There. That's a simple enough explanation, isn't it?

happyturtle
2013-11-16, 02:09 PM
Main Room

"And what do you plan to do now?" Moff asks.

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 02:12 PM
Main Room

Ark walks over next to MJ Moff
Who's she?

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 02:22 PM
Main Room

"And what do you plan to do now?" Moff asks.

[Main Room]

"Well," she reasons, "since our base is still in a mess, we can't go out and outright attack them. What we need to do is show that we're still here and strong, but we can't seem overconfident or provoke anyone until we get built up and get our members back."

Harley ignores Ark, since Ark wasn't talking to her anyway. She continues, "So, we can't outright attack WATCHTOWER or they'll just come back and finish us off. At the moment, though, they seem distracted about something in their base, so we could wait and see if our members there successfully implement whatever plans they have."

"Really, what we need to do is something big and flashy, or several big and flashy things, without provoking anyone to come against us yet."

Harley thinks about specific plans they can do for a few moments, allowing other people to post.

happyturtle
2013-11-16, 02:31 PM
Main Room

"Shut up. Grownups are talking," Moff says to Arkhosia. Don't take it personally. He is evil, you know. :smallyuk:

"I think we need just a bit longer to rebuild, but in a few weeks, some kind of terrorist attack on the city. Either city. Something where a bunch of people die. Maybe put them on spikes and set them on fire, spelling out AMEN. I saw something like that in a comic once."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 02:34 PM
Main Room

"Shut up. Grownups are talking," Moff says to Arkhosia. Don't take it personally. He is evil, you know. :smallyuk:

"I think we need just a bit longer to rebuild, but in a few weeks, some kind of terrorist attack on the city. Either city. Something where a bunch of people die. Maybe put them on spikes and set them on fire, spelling out AMEN. I saw something like that in a comic once."
((*applause*))
...I'm just going to go see how Caelynn's doing. Hopefully very badly and in extreme pain. You guys want to come?
Bye!
She darts over to
Cell Block Alpha

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 03:16 PM
[Main Room]

"If you say so," says Harley. That works. It's war, after all.

Then, she appends her statement. "Actually, I think it would work better if we could make both cities go against each other. You know, frame the other one. In Inside, we could get Riverside to think it's Inside that did it and Inside to think it was Riverside. Then, in some sort of grande finale, we could do a big reveal at the end after they confront each in a battle or something."

"Also, on the way here, I heard rumors about a giant Mech battle that was about to go on. I think we should participate in it." I already put a mecha there, though. I still don't know if I should have the unicorn mech fight alongside or against or whatever. Or, maybe, AMEN could have two mechs that are on opposite sides of the battle (one sided with the PCs and the other sided with the NPCs) and after the NPCs mostly lose, the two AMEN mechas team up against the PCs. Of course, that would require having permission from Beans, since Beans is running the battle, so...I'm going to repost this paragraph in the OoC thread.

happyturtle
2013-11-16, 03:56 PM
Main Room

"Mech war! Yes!" Moff says, with a fist pump. However, since I don't want to rp a mech war, he actually won't be there. :smallfrown:

"Dunno, I think we have to convince them to fear us, rather than trying to get them to fear each other. After all the damage Watchtower did, we need the publicity."

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 04:02 PM
[Main Room]

"Okay. I'll find a way offscreen to get that mecha thing all set up. I'll probably pilot it myself. Of course, I'll have to be on the same side of everyone else so we can dramatically betray them at the right moment in some future battle." That's kind-of a given.

"You're right, though. Right now, we need to show everyone how un-beat up we are. I think it would be better if we had two plans going simultaneously, in case the first one flops. Definitely something smaller-scale, though, because having two huge things going on at the same time is too much work for our players."

happyturtle
2013-11-16, 04:19 PM
Main Room

"Let me tell you about our four new members. There's Maier, who is a miner and is helping other me and Mr E repair the building. Nelfia, whose name I probably misspelled, along with Maier's, because none of their posts appear in the screen below the edit box, who is part spider. Arkhosia, who just interrupted us and who has a nemesis, and Saa, who is in the dungeon interrogating slash torturing Arko's nemesis, and who is also commanding the henchmen. She's the most promising of the bunch."

"What else do you need to know? Oh, right. Don't go looking for explosives in the entrance tunnel. Zefir's doing. And we've banned Clegg from the premises on the ground that he smells terrible and is in the middle of having a supposed not-evil-guy build a new base next door to us."

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 04:32 PM
Main Room

"Hm." Harley sits for the first time during this conversation. She listens to the list of new members. She'll have to get to know them, along with everyone else in the base.

Stroking her chin (Oh, how she wishes she had a goatee...), she asks, "So, Clegg and his new base. Are they hostile to us, or is the only reason why he's not here because he smells bad?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-16, 05:13 PM
I'll cooperate. Theororetically, I would aid the patrol teams, but i haven't yet been needed...

[Cell Block A]

Or I turn you into an Vampire bind you to the soil of that cell, and set you on fire for my fun and feeding.

The eye just rolls at Saahep and because she looked kind of closely at it, she can see the burning raging, something just wrong insanity of entity it belongs too.

Also,I could instead do a binding bargain. You work for me, I set you free and, You tell me, everything I want to know. And a bargain with me is not something you can get out of.
:smallbiggrin:But a course that isyour choice.

And looks like in its madness it missed the fact that she chose to answer her already.

((*applause*))
...I'm just going to go see how Caelynn's doing. Hopefully very badly and in extreme pain. You guys want to come?
Bye!
She darts over to
Cell Block Alpha

[Cell Block A]

An unspoken thanks to the Thing in the Walls, felt rather than worded, even as a chill of discomfort runs down the thrax's spine. She's beginning to understand why even Cyrus, the man she's personally seen besting some of the greatest warriors she's ever known without breaking a sweat, spoke of this creature with a measure of reverence and fear. She makes a mental note to buy some stronger-willed slaves for him when this is done. They're not only cheaper, but probably more filling for whatever kind of feeding it wants out of them. Otherwise he'd probably have just ate a few henchies rather than going after a PC. Logical. Right? Maybe it was madness herself to assume something so crazy would operate on logic at all, though.

Still, she wouldn't break her word. She might twist it a little bit, but simple lies are just weaknesses waiting to happen. But she can't think about that right now. She's got business that needs to be taken care of here, not in her head.

Returning from her thoughts and processing all of this new information, Saahep relaxes fully, even retiring the evil grin for a bit and putting that motherly smile back on. Then she puts away the knife, still dripping with Faunus blood.

"See, wasn't that much easier? Now, please, Patrol Teams? I believe that warrants some further explanation. Do note that my friend here is quite adept at knowing mortal intentions, so he'll be quite aware of any lies you choose to tell."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 05:17 PM
[Cell Block A]

An unspoken thanks to the Thing in the Walls, felt rather than worded, even as a chill of discomfort runs down the thrax's spine. She's beginning to understand why even Cyrus, the man she's personally seen besting some of the greatest warriors she's ever known without breaking a sweat, spoke of this creature with a measure of reverence and fear. She makes a mental note to buy some stronger-willed slaves for him when this is done. They're not only cheaper, but probably more filling for whatever kind of feeding it wants out of them. Otherwise he'd probably have just ate a few henchies rather than going after a PC. Logical. Right? Maybe it was madness herself to assume something so crazy would operate on logic at all, though.

Still, she wouldn't break her word. She might twist it a little bit, but simple lies are just weaknesses waiting to happen. But she can't think about that right now. She's got business that needs to be taken care of here, not in her head.

Returning from her thoughts and processing all of this new information, Saahep relaxes fully, even retiring the evil grin for a bit and putting that motherly smile back on. Then she puts away the knife, still dripping with Faunus blood.

"See, wasn't that much easier? Now, please, Patrol Teams? I believe that warrants some further explanation. Do note that my friend here is quite adept at knowing mortal intentions, so he'll be quite aware of any lies you choose to tell."

Caelynn seems a bit relieved when she puts the knife away.
All I know is that patrol teams are exactly what it says on the tin: they patrol a location to locate evildoers and possibly fight them.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-16, 10:21 PM
[Cell Block A]

The relief is part of the idea. If the victim associates obstinance with pain and obedience with the pleasurable feeling of relief, then they start to subconsciously become more pliable. It's also the theory behind how shock collars work.

Of course, I'm sure Caelynn probably doesn't appreciate being treated like Pavlov's dogs on a conscious level, but psychologically speaking? That changes less than you'd think.

Saa doesn't move or change her expression anymore, nor does she go for the knife.

"Hmm. Teams, plural. You're not on any of them? Are you an auxiliary of some sort, or just waiting for your chance to be useful?"

She doesn't mention that "patrolling for evildoers and potentially confronting them" could be construed as spying depending on the context and interpretation.

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 10:33 PM
[Cell Block A]

The relief is part of the idea. If the victim associates obstinance with pain and obedience with the pleasurable feeling of relief, then they start to subconsciously become more pliable. It's also the theory behind how shock collars work.

Of course, I'm sure Caelynn probably doesn't appreciate being treated like Pavlov's dogs on a conscious level, but psychologically speaking? That changes less than you'd think.

Saa doesn't move or change her expression anymore, nor does she go for the knife.

"Hmm. Teams, plural. You're not on any of them? Are you an auxiliary of some sort, or just waiting for your chance to be useful?"

She doesn't mention that "patrolling for evildoers and potentially confronting them" could be construed as spying depending on the context and interpretation.

Psychology is the best weapon ever. :smalltongue:

The latter.

Hattish Thing
2013-11-16, 11:48 PM

Did he just...

Zooooom!

"FALCON-"

Clegg was expecting some incredibly brutish attack to strike him first. Well, The Sea Captain prepares one of his abilities as her fist comes towards him. Sadly, there's no defense against such a potent attack, so Clegg grunts and takes the shot. The punch sends the undead flying into the air, his entire chest caved in and destroyed.

Mid-air, the undead completely melts into disgusting water before evaporating extremely fast. So, Clegg never even hits the ground. He's gone.

I wonder where he could have evaporated to.

In reality, Clegg reappears in a gloomy puddle of water behind the new base. Now, he begins to very quietly cast some spells to buff him. His chest is noticeably caved in, and black ichor drips from his chest.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-17, 03:38 AM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep remains neutral, doing well not to betray her thoughts. It's a delicate game, interrogation, and the less information she gives away, the easier it will be to wring whatever she knows out.

"I see. How many patrol teams are there, and who composes them?"

The thrax oh-so-casually allows one of her hands to creep up onto the knife, not specifically drawing attention to it, but not hiding it either. She's well aware this specific information isn't just betraying an abstract organization, but betraying other individuals in the concrete, so she's quite sure to back up her words with a threat.

Zefir
2013-11-17, 04:25 AM
It's partly a strategic advantage. Gain as many allies as I possibly can. There's only so much I can do, after all.
Then she notices Harley
Hello miss. Who are you?

((Well, Arkhosia if you want to leave that scene either write it out. Otherwise I would like you to go with the 24 hour rule. I'm much likly in a different time Zone 6 hours away which makes posting a little slow so Please don't just walk away if there is something to respond for me.))

Zefir was going to ask her what kind of allies she wants to get and especially why. Maybe he just found a spy or such, but then she immediatly leaves the place. He shrugs cause after all he could have answered her question as well. So Zefir continues to watch TV.

Arkhosia
2013-11-17, 11:10 AM
[Cell Block A]

Saahep remains neutral, doing well not to betray her thoughts. It's a delicate game, interrogation, and the less information she gives away, the easier it will be to wring whatever she knows out.

"I see. How many patrol teams are there, and who composes them?"

The thrax oh-so-casually allows one of her hands to creep up onto the knife, not specifically drawing attention to it, but not hiding it either. She's well aware this specific information isn't just betraying an abstract organization, but betraying other individuals in the concrete, so she's quite sure to back up her words with a threat.

I think it's a small amount, like 2 or 3. I was never told exact numbers, or the names of who led them.
She's not lying (I actually checked. She never was told).

The Alexandrian
2013-11-17, 02:01 PM

Huh. I didn't expect that to happen. Clarissa's uber telegraphed FALCON PUNCH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7xg92aNrY) actually connecting wasn't part of the plan...

All the better for Clarissa, though!

Clarissa does not decelerate upon caving in Clegg's chest in with her fist. She continues to surge forward, carving a truly legendary gash in the battle-scarred land that it rends like a razorblade through cold flesh. A devastating hailstorm of rock and dust explodes outward from her path until she is finally slowed to a dead stop whereupon her magical barrier is dispelled.

There she stands. The instrument of Clegg's destruction.

Harald might observe that the demon's entrancing eyes are dilated as she turns to face him. Her lips are curled upward in a disturbing manic smile. An empty package labeled "5 Mandalorian Hyper-Combat Stims" (under which in eye-catchingly colossal red block text a warning has been issued to never ever ever inject onself with more than one in a period of twenty-four hours (no, not even then)).

"Are you daft, Harald?"

She questions with no small measure incredulity and condescension, her voice overflowing with power and rage that the floodgates of her body cannot contain.

"The shambler seized control of my AMEN after shooting at me with cannonballs."

"HE should have known better. If you're going to attempt to kill me, you'd better get it right the first time."

"You won't have a second chance."

"It doesn't matter if you're immortal or invincible. That just means I can do whatever I want to you without a care about your health or physical condition. When I'm finished with him, he'll pray for death. He may have been doing so before, but, imho, he doesn't know what real eternal suffering is!"

"And if you stick around for one minute longer, you'll share his fate, savvy?"

:smalleek: Run, Clegg! Run!

happyturtle
2013-11-17, 02:18 PM
Main Room

"Hm." Harley sits for the first time during this conversation. She listens to the list of new members. She'll have to get to know them, along with everyone else in the base.

Stroking her chin (Oh, how she wishes she had a goatee...), she asks, "So, Clegg and his new base. Are they hostile to us, or is the only reason why he's not here because he smells bad?"

She can borrow one from my avatar!

"Hostile. He made it clear that after fleeing the battle at AMENside, he intended to return here and claim leadership by crushing us under his smelly heels. The guy he hired to build the faux base outside is probably hostile, based on his Wall hints. I suspect the faux base is full of traps, which is a good reason not to move into it. Though not as good as the fact that AMEN belongs in this valcano, dammit!" Moff shakes his head. "His being smelly was just the reason we wanted to kick him out before. His whole new base thing gave us a good reason to."

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-17, 03:01 PM
[Cell Block A]

The lack of names was disappointing, but she could mask that. On the other hand, Saahep very nearly gasps (barely managing to sigh instead) at the revelation that HALO only fields a scant few teams for actually finding their foes.

No wonder that certain people accuse HALO of being so ineffectual! No matter how mobile and powerful, "two or three" squads can't patrol one city, let alone an entire Nexus! She supposes that they probably supplement this with some kind of call-in system and perhaps other types of teams, but still, what a glaring problem! A few hits to test the waters could draw out their forces in too many directions at once!

The thrax mentally files that information away for later, though.

"What other kinds of teams are there, how many of these other teams are there by type, and who composes them precisely?"

Her tone is forward and slightly exaggerated to cover up her previous surprise more fully, but her expression remains that same damned smile. Her fingers dance along the hilt of the knife, once again unsubtly reminding Caelynn of the price of disobedience.

Arkhosia
2013-11-17, 03:07 PM
[Cell Block A]

The lack of names was disappointing, but she could mask that. On the other hand, Saahep very nearly gasps (barely managing to sigh instead) at the revelation that HALO only fields a scant few teams for actually finding their foes.

No wonder that certain people accuse HALO of being so ineffectual! No matter how mobile and powerful, "two or three" squads can't patrol one city, let alone an entire Nexus! She supposes that they probably supplement this with some kind of call-in system and perhaps other types of teams, but still, what a glaring problem! A few hits to test the waters could draw out their forces in too many directions at once!

The thrax mentally files that information away for later, though.

"What other kinds of teams are there, how many of these other teams are there by type, and who composes them precisely?"

Her tone is forward and slightly exaggerated to cover up her previous surprise more fully, but her expression remains that same damned smile. Her fingers dance along the hilt of the knife, once again unsubtly reminding Caelynn of the price of disobedience.

T-there are a couple Intel teams, one led by Carrie. And a few strike teams. I'm not sure who leads those and I don't know what people are members of the teams.
She seems a bit scared when she notices the fingers.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-17, 05:39 PM
[Cell Block A]

One side of Saa's smile curls up at that. Good, feed her information, for she hungers and it's less work than acquiring flesh! :smalltongue:

Her fingers fall from the blade once more.

"Good, good. I think I'm satisfied for now."

By which she means, of course, that she's run out of questions to ask and wants to research what she's already heard before deciding on a new line of questioning.

"I'll be back later, but for now? Rest yourself, recuperate, and relax. Olive? Unlock the cell door."

As the first henchman scrambles to get the key in the lock, DarkOrange remembers that he was supposed to be pointing his gun at Caelynn and does so again as Saa makes her exit and closes the door once more, locking it with another twist of the key and sliding that object into her pocket.

(Assuming Caelynn doesn't try escaping at that moment, anyway.)

"Alright. Olive? Back on normal prison duty. NavyBlue's coming to relieve you in an hour. DarkOrange? Go and get her something to eat. Not slop, find something with actual nutritional value."

Turning back to Caelynn, she reaches into one of the pouches on her vest and pulls out a narrow vial of blue fluid: A healing potion, at least a basic one.

"Drink up. Wouldn't want you to lose more blood than you can replace."

And then, finally, with an evil smirk sitting upon her face, Saahep clasps her hands behind her back and stalks away. A moment of eye contact and a nod of acknowledgement indicates awareness of Moff's presence as she leaves the cell block and makes her way toward the hallways of AMEN.

If he's in the mood to talk, she motions for him to follow. No need to share potentially useful information right in front of the spy.

Arkhosia
2013-11-17, 05:42 PM
[Cell Block A]

One side of Saa's smile curls up at that. Good, feed her information, for she hungers and it's less work than acquiring flesh! :smalltongue:

Her fingers fall from the blade once more.

"Good, good. I think I'm satisfied for now."

By which she means, of course, that she's run out of questions to ask and wants to research what she's already heard before deciding on a new line of questioning.

"I'll be back later, but for now? Rest yourself, recuperate, and relax. Olive? Unlock the cell door."

As the first henchman scrambles to get the key in the lock, DarkOrange remembers that he was supposed to be pointing his gun at Caelynn and does so again as Saa makes her exit and closes the door once more, locking it with another twist of the key and sliding that object into her pocket.

(Assuming Caelynn doesn't try escaping at that moment, anyway.)

"Alright. Olive? Back on normal prison duty. NavyBlue's coming to relieve you in an hour. DarkOrange? Go and get her something to eat. Not slop, find something with actual nutritional value."

Turning back to Caelynn, she reaches into one of the pouches on her vest and pulls out a narrow vial of blue fluid: A healing potion, at least a basic one.

"Drink up. Wouldn't want you to lose more blood than you can replace."

And then, finally, with an evil smirk sitting upon her face, Saahep clasps her hands behind her back and stalks away. A moment of eye contact and a nod of acknowledgement indicates awareness of Moff's presence as she leaves the cell block and makes her way toward the hallways of AMEN.

If he's in the mood to talk, she motions for him to follow. No need to share potentially useful information right in front of the spy.

Caelynn doesn't try to escape.
She drinks the potion and watched Saahep leave, relieved.
DarkOrange does what he is told, bringing her [nutritional food here], which Caelynn eats hungrily.
Later, if anyone walks near her cell, they may hear her singing quietly.

happyturtle
2013-11-18, 03:57 AM
Leaving the Dungeon

Dungeon Moff falls into step next to Saa. "I enjoyed watching you work," he says.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-18, 04:22 AM
Leaving the Dungeon

Saa relaxes once she's left earshot and eyesight of the dungeon itself; stalking forth with hands behind back and head held low is definitely an intimidating look and good for psyching out a prisoner, but much less appropriate for normal walking.

Moff's comment elicits a small smile from the Thrax, though.

"It's always nice to hear that my efforts are appreciated."

happyturtle
2013-11-18, 05:07 AM
Leaving the Dungeon

"I don't think she knows much though. Maybe Ark can tell you more about her." Moff says.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-18, 05:23 AM
Leaving the Dungeon

Saa nods before responding. Having a chat with her prisoner's nemesis is likely a good idea, in addition to her current plan of researching whatever public information exists on HALO, so as to better contextualize what she's being told.

"I agree that it is doubtful she knows much of value. However, whatever details I can wring from her mind may prove to be useful regardless. Furthermore, killing someone solves little in the Nexus. Wearing down and breaking someone, on the other hand, may prove more fruitful.

In the most ideal case, we would have a sleeper agent in HALO's network. Failing that, we'll make an example of her. Carve warnings into her flesh and burn them to scar shut, strip her naked, and let her run from the henchmen practicing their aim.

Add in careful use of a video camera and Nextube upload, and we have a very public demonstration of why taking AMEN lightly is a poor decision."

happyturtle
2013-11-18, 06:08 AM
Leaving the Dungeon

Since this Moff has a normal jaw, he is able to smile. And that smile grows wider and wider as Saa details her plans. "You are the wind beneath my wings, Saa." :smallbiggrin:

GrandDM
2013-11-18, 12:20 PM

Huh. I didn't expect that to happen. Clarissa's uber telegraphed FALCON PUNCH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7xg92aNrY) actually connecting wasn't part of the plan...

All the better for Clarissa, though!

Clarissa does not decelerate upon caving in Clegg's chest in with her fist. She continues to surge forward, carving a truly legendary gash in the battle-scarred land that it rends like a razorblade through cold flesh. A devastating hailstorm of rock and dust explodes outward from her path until she is finally slowed to a dead stop whereupon her magical barrier is dispelled.

There she stands. The instrument of Clegg's destruction.

Harald might observe that the demon's entrancing eyes are dilated as she turns to face him. Her lips are curled upward in a disturbing manic smile. An empty package labeled "5 Mandalorian Hyper-Combat Stims" (under which in eye-catchingly colossal red block text a warning has been issued to never ever ever inject onself with more than one in a period of twenty-four hours (no, not even then)).

"Are you daft, Harald?"

She questions with no small measure incredulity and condescension, her voice overflowing with power and rage that the floodgates of her body cannot contain.

"The shambler seized control of my AMEN after shooting at me with cannonballs."

"HE should have known better. If you're going to attempt to kill me, you'd better get it right the first time."

"You won't have a second chance."

"It doesn't matter if you're immortal or invincible. That just means I can do whatever I want to you without a care about your health or physical condition. When I'm finished with him, he'll pray for death. He may have been doing so before, but, imho, he doesn't know what real eternal suffering is!"

"And if you stick around for one minute longer, you'll share his fate, savvy?"

:smalleek: Run, Clegg! Run!

He frowns, then narrows his eyes.

"So... it appears that Clegg is not as in control as he's led me to believe. I can't do much about the base, it's his now, but I can tell you that if you want to destroy it or torture him I'll make no attempt to stop you. In fact, I might just stick around to watch. Actually, come to that, I've got some rather interesting compounds I've been wanting to test..."

Yep, you'd better run, Clegg. Harald is extremely ticked off...

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-18, 02:57 PM
Leaving the Dungeon

Saa gives a dark chuckle at that.

"I see you approve, then. I must say, though, the arrival of... ...whatever that was...

...It was quite the surprise, if admittedly a fortuitous one."

I have to wonder if there's an achievement or something for actually getting the Thing in the Walls to help you out with a "Good Cop/Bad Cop" routine.

It does make a pretty good Bad Cop.

Murkus
2013-11-18, 04:05 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel is here, tromping about looking for a Moff. His steel-toed boots bang against the smooth floors.

When he finds a Moff - maybe the one leaving the dungeon - he'll point at the madman with one work-beaten finger and say bluntly, "You. Who is in charge of AMEN?" His tone is dull and... mellow, perhaps.

happyturtle
2013-11-18, 04:33 PM
Main Room

"The Thing in the Walls gives AMEN flavour, I think. I have to sacrifice him a clone every now and then, but it all works out." Then Maiel asks his question. "Me and Harley. Not Clegg. Not Ilpholin. And definitely not Magtok."

Murkus
2013-11-18, 04:47 PM
[Main Room]

The leathery miner gives a low, rolling chuckle. "Fair enough. I don't know who those people are." He crosses his brawny arms, then follows up with a much broader question. "What is your purpose? What is AMEN's, ah," He rolls his hand and glances up, trying to find the word. "Endgame."

5a Violista
2013-11-18, 10:55 PM
She can borrow one from my avatar!

Main Room

:smalltongue: But if she borrows your goatee, you won't have it anymore.

Harley nods. That all makes sense.

Now, back to important business. "So, what with being the new leader and all...do I get my own office, or do I have to turn my bedroom into an office?" That would be kind-of annoying. Imagine: people coming into your bedroom for random reasons while you're sleeping! :smalleek:

"Also, could you be a dear and start planning the proposed terrorist attack against one of the cities? Since you do know the other members and their skills better."

happyturtle
2013-11-19, 05:08 AM
Main Room

Dungeon Moff points to Harley. "Ask her. I don't do Endgames. I'm more a 'here and now' kind of terrorist."

Mechanical Jaw Moff shrugs at Harley. "You're the boss. If you order them to set you up an office, they will." He rubs his hands together about the terrorist plan. "That, my dear leader, I will be delighted to do."

Lord Magtok
2013-11-19, 01:50 PM
With whiskey on his breath, a red and black pinstripe suit inexplicably where his purple robes once were, and a startled catgirl AMENite on his arm, our Lord Magtok is almost certainly the fourth weirdest thing to march through AMEN's door/hideous tunnel entrance/whatever. He might just shoot up to second weirdest with the little rant he opens with as soon as he gets inside, though.

"Commander Harley! Or Moff! Or...whoever, I don't care. Someone who looks in charge, but isn't Clegg. My client, Ms. I-Never-Bothered-To-Get-Her-Name here, informs me that the Law of Dibs went unrecognized today. That her inexperience and smelly newbishness was abused, her trust in this organization exploited. Her archnemesis, a Caelynn of HALO, was captured here, and what should've been her call-"

Magtok waves a hand dismissively, before taking a step back and attempting shove Arkh forward into the spotlight, to remind everyone who he's speaking for.

"-had instead gone to whatever gross sadist is in charge of torturing things these days. Dam'Bul? Nephrim? President Jack Fitzgerald Kennempty? Whatever, one of those freaks. By the power vested in me by Australia's finest kangaroo courts, I insist you release your captive to her hated archenemy, so that the time-honored tradition of poorly dressed opposites punching each other in the face over minor differences of opinion on law and morality may go unabated."

happyturtle
2013-11-19, 02:06 PM
Main Room

"Two words, Magtok: Self. Roleplay. You. Left." Mechanical Jaw Moff says, and snaps a few pics of Drunktok on his camera phone for later captioning. "Saa? Take this Magtok into custody. Be sure not to put him anywhere near the other prisoner or use any of the same techniques. Ark? Help her out."

Arkhosia
2013-11-19, 02:35 PM
Main Room

Ark looks stunned when she is shoved.
With an apologetic look towards Maktok, she goes to aid Saa.

5a Violista
2013-11-19, 02:39 PM
Main Room

"While he has a good point that arch-nemeses need to take care of their own, I have a better idea for what to do about him," interjects Harley, speaking of Magtok. "Something absolutely torturous and inhumane."

Harley leans over to whisper to Mechanical Jaw Moff, so that only he can hear her. "After the attack, I still need my room all sorted out and my new office designed, and I don't want to do all the heavy lifting. I think it would be fair to force him to do that for me."

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-19, 03:22 PM
By the time Mags is finished with his drunken ranting, Saa's face is firmly planted into her palm.

Wow. Just wow. Just who is this guy?

On a side note, due to what must be some kind of strange miracle, Saahep has never seen or heard of Magtok before. Somehow. I'm sure that fact's ruffling his feathers just by existing, much less actually being known about. :smalltongue:

*Sigh* "Law of Dibs doesn't count if they started it. Anyway, you can come with me nicely or I can kick you in the shins and drag you along. What's it gonna be?"

Obviously she didn't hear Harley, thanks to the power of whispering!

Murkus
2013-11-19, 03:35 PM
[Main Room]

Maiel is just turning to look at Harley when the esteemed Lord Magtok barges in. When Moff mentions this metal man's name, the miner can't help but wonder about AMEN's history. It looks as though he's got some digging to do.

Hah! I didn't intend that at all!

In any case, he won't interrupt the lot of them as they speak to Magtok. He will, however, turn on Harley. "I need to speak with you. About AMEN." While his voice is stony and low-pitched, the man sounds perfectly polite. "Later. If you are busy."

Lord Magtok
2013-11-19, 03:57 PM
It was just one whiskey! He's not drunk, just insane! Jeez, you guys are quick to judge! :smallyuk::smalltongue:

"You're adorable, Moff. For a hideous ork impersonator, I mean. Baron Ünderbheit did it first, and he did it way better than you."

Without hesitation, Magtok reaches for the Cat Faunus's tail (or labcoat, if there is no tail), and attempts to pull the unlucky villainess to him for use as a human shield. He's not really expecting anyone to hold back just because some fresh recruit is between them and their prey, but at least it'd mean one less assailant to worry about.

"And don't you talk to me like my departure was anything less than exactly what you wanted. I didn't betray ****, I just dropped an argument I knew I wasn't going to win. You wanted me gone, you spearheaded the movement towards my removal. If you're regretting that now that everything around you is ashes, that's on your conscience, not mine."

happyturtle
2013-11-19, 04:06 PM
Main Room

"Of course I wanted you gone. Then you were gone. And it was good But you seem to have ceased to be gone and are, in face, here, making the situation rather complicated and something that requires extreme delicacy." Mechanical Jaw Moff says.

Of course all this is simply a distraction while Dungeon Moff tries to portal behind Magtok and give him an atomic wedgie.

Arkhosia
2013-11-19, 04:06 PM
Main Room

Ark's lab coat is grabbed!
She attempts to grab the end of her staff and pull on it to hit Magtok with the other end. If this is successful, she attempts to unsheath the staff.

5a Violista
2013-11-19, 04:34 PM
[Main Room]

Harley turns from Magtok the Metallic Man and Mechanical-Jaw Moff for a moment, towards Maiel the Miner. Alliteration.

"Okay," she replies. "I should be free in a moment. I have to take care of this, first."

Harley turns back to the little spat, and takes a deep breath while preparing her angry-face. Not a magically-enhanced angry face, because that's just a cheap gimmick that doesn't do anything more than one would think. It's so frustrating: Magtok took a captive, Moff is trying to give him a wedgie, and Harley hasn't even had a chance to take a shower and change her clothes yet! It's so frustrating to have to deal with this when you have clothing damage and are covered in soot and have an all-around disgusting feeling due to shapeshifting into a man to escape earlier.

So, she raises her voice. It sounds like the tone of voice one would hear from one's mother. The kind that makes the listener want to turn invisible and go hide, after being caught not washing hands before dinner or something similar. That kind of angry stare that only mothers can give. "Moff! Leave him be right now. Go to your room and plan the attack. Magtok, let her go, young man! Saa, take turns and bring Ark down to the dungeon and let her play with her archnemesis." Now's the good time for a breath, which Harley takes. "Magtok, I'll personally take care of your punishment, so don't look so relieved." She's not looking at him right as she says that sentence, though, 'cause people usually don't need to.

Zefir
2013-11-19, 05:50 PM
[Main Room]

Zefir yawns and stands up from his place. From his position he was able to see the whole Magtok action. He heads over to it, but doesn't say a word. He is more intressed why this woman is shouting orders around. He wasn't at the meeting where she became Leader or at last thinks so.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-20, 03:32 PM
[Main Room]

Saa raises a not-eyebrow at the outburst of authority from the young human(oid) lady she hadn't met yet. So, this must be the oft-mentioned but previously unseen Harley Zorzo, new Leader of AMEN.

At a glance, she seemed somewhat impetuous, but authoritative and in control of the situation. A good combination for a leader, then. Of course, first impressions aren't always perfectly accurate, but they'll have to do for now.

Saa stands down, of course. She's well-trained to follow orders from percieved superiors, after all, and while she's no longer part of a typical guard unit, that conditioning hasn't really worn off. She does question Harley's interpretation of the situation, of course, since it's not like she actually forbade Ark from taking a turn with her own nemesis or anything like that, but that doesn't really matter ultimately, does it?

"Understood. Miss Arkhosia, you need only talk to Olive if you wish to enter the cell for whatever reason."

She's still moving to block Magtok's escape for whatever it is that Harley has planned for him, though she's not actively going for his shinbones like she threatened. Probably a plus on that front. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2013-11-21, 02:24 AM
((Was I being waited on? I was just gonna have the miner wait till Harley was finished. Sorry, if that's the case. >.>))

[Main Room]

Maiel bows, arm across his chest, and steps back so Harley might work. And I don't mean some cheap courtesy nod, or a simple bend of the back to be polite. The man bows. His eyes, glittering like polished obsidian, watch AMEN's merry band of psychopaths and imbeciles with something resembling amusement.

ThirdEmperor
2013-11-21, 03:16 AM
Main Room

And now, of all times, there's a knock on the door.

Zefir
2013-11-21, 04:15 AM
Main Room

Since Zefir isn't really caught in the Magtok szene he is able to answer the door.

"Hello?"

Lord Magtok
2013-11-21, 08:49 AM
Main Room

Not sure if Magtok's still being assaulted after Harley's interjection, but on the off-chance that he is, he tries to kick a foot out towards the crotch of the Moff sneaking up on him, and pull down on Arkhosia's trenchcoat, to throw her off-balance and send her bottom-first to the floor. Least painful way he could think of to stop her, I'm afraid.

"My punishment. I'm not sure what I'm being punished for, but sure, I'm game."

happyturtle
2013-11-21, 08:58 AM
Main Room

Moff down! Moff down!

Moff goes down in the traditional 'just got kicked in the nuts' position, and disappears through a portal. I doubt that counts as 'going to his room and planning the attack', but to be fair, he's not really capable of planning at the moment.

Mechanical Jaw Moff just watches with a sinister grin.

Arkhosia
2013-11-21, 10:21 AM
Ark is successfully toppled!
She gets back up, and heads to Caelynn's Cell.

5a Violista
2013-11-21, 09:42 PM
[Main Room]

Going through a portal is close enough...
"Thank-you," she says. Cool: her plan worked. Now she knows for certain that enough members of AMEN see her as the leader. If they didn't, none of that would have worked.

Anyway, she turns back to face Magtok. "Yes, punishment. You abandoned AMEN shortly before we were attacked and had the gall to return to pick up the pieces, showing that you have absolutely no confidence in any of the other AMENites. As punishment, you have to literally pick up the pieces alongside the henchmen." Her voice is rather cold and steely right now. Man, acting really does help your voice control. She probably needs that control, too, to remain in charge...

She summons three henchmen (all of whom have a green-shaded speech color, 'cause I like green). "These three will help you." Or in other words, watch over him. "You may start with my room. It's that way."

If all goes well, then that would mean Harley's free for Maiel. Then, she can take a shower finally, then talk more to Magtok about why he decided to come here, in a situation where a misplaced word won't cause a loss in morale or possibly mutiny. Lower stakes, and all.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-21, 09:56 PM
Main Room

"I didn't-"

Magtok thinks better of what he was going to say, and stows his argument for another time. No, it wouldn't do to insist that he's not an AMENite anymore, to let anyone know that he's not here to pick up anything and was just trying to trick Arkhosia into allowing her own nemesis to escape. If he said anything like that, they'd lock him away in a cell for sure, and get someone a lot more qualified than that one wedgie Moff and Arkhosia to do so. Probably would've had D_Lord and the henchmen gang up on him and beat him down until he's unconscious, if Harley thinks anything like our cyborg does. Assault Maggy's ego with the henchmen, and then let D_Lord bend gravity to deal with the rest of him.

"Fine."

Arkhosia
2013-11-21, 10:38 PM
Main Room

About 20 minutes later, Arkhosia emerges from the dungeon.
The handle of her staff (which resembles the handle of a gun, except thicker) has a bit of blood on it.
Well, that worked out well.
She comments blithely.
Ark just learned some information.

ThirdEmperor
2013-11-22, 12:25 AM
Main Room

Since Zefir isn't really caught in the Magtok szene he is able to answer the door.

"Hello?"

Standing on the doorstep is a red-haired man wrapped in a heavy woolen sea coat, a suitcase in one hand and the other holding a handkerchief to his sweaty brow. He's a stocky fellow, with a wide, ruddy face and a smile of tombstone teeth, a bristling mustache adorning his upper lip.

"I am here to join. I would like to be let inside now, it's very hot out here." The man grumbles, voice tinged with an unplaceable accent.

Murkus
2013-11-22, 02:11 AM
[Main Room]

"I would speak to you alone," Maiel explains, his mouth set in a thin hard line. "If you don't mind."

Maiel is a tremendous man of no small height or girth, possessed of thick, powerful arms and worn leathery skin. His rich dark hair and close-cut beard, stained by grey, give him an air of experience. The man's eyes are so deep a brown they're almost black.

5a Violista
2013-11-22, 02:49 PM
[Main Room => Harley's Room]

The three henchmen, who we'll call Mr. Green, Miss Jade, and Marvin, will soon lead Magtok to Harley's Room, wherever it is, so they can start picking it up.

It looks like a normal room, with a dresser smashed in from debris, several romance novels scattered on the floor from falling off the bookshelf, a small desk and mirror that has Harley's diary on it, along with other assorted feminine products (and broken glass), a massive 5 foot by 5 foot by 3 foot book lying in the corner of the room, two lamps (fallen over, with the bulbs broken), and other debris and junk and a little stuffed animal lying under a large rock. It looks roughly like a warzone passed through here and took no prisoners.

In any case, one of the henchmen now has a wheelbarrow, and I'll use a temporal plot clone of Harley arriving here next post, because the conversation with Maiel will probably last more than one post.

[Main Room => Somewhere more exclusive]

Harley nods in response to Maiel. "Okay. Come along this way," she says, before leading him to somewhere more exclusive.

Harley is much shorter and thinner than Maiel. At the moment, her hair's a light brown.

When they're somewhere more exclusive, she asks (in a voice so different and more calm from last post that one could easily wonder if it's the same person), "So what is it you would want?"

Murkus
2013-11-22, 02:55 PM
[Side Hallway?]

Once they're alone, Maiel narrows his eyes. Such vocal abilities suited a leader well. But he had to wonder if she could back up all that talk. "I have questions. Most importantly. How did you come to be the leader of this place?" His voice isn't suspicious, judgemental, ambitious, or really anything else at all. It's a flat, powerful baritone with little emotion outside of mild curiosity.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-22, 11:29 PM
Harley's Room

Magtok starts with the books, picking them up off the ground and glancing at a few titles before setting them down on whatever shelf or dresser or endtable looks to be the proper place to situate them. He considers opening the diary out of spite, before immediately reconsidering. Harley's not Moff, he doesn't need to resort to that sort of jerkish behavior to get back at her for anything. She hasn't even done anything to him really.

"Never figured you for the romance novel sort, Harl."

Plus, Harley's showing up in the very next post, so she'd probably punch him or something if he did that. :smalltongue:

5a Violista
2013-11-23, 01:08 AM
[Side Hallway?]

"How did I become the leader of this place?" repeats Harley. It's always good to know what one's being asked. It also gives her time to think without an awkward pause.

"I honestly don't know." Pretty blunt answer. "The previous leader betrayed us in favor of the group that attacked us. Magtok - the man who just came in, who was second-in-command at the time - tried to convince everyone to follow him as leader." She shrugs. "Everyone chose me, instead."

Probably some 15 minutes later
[Harley's Room]

Well, Magtok has a whole fifteen minutes - or so - to debate whether to open the diary or not. Speaking of which, Harley needs to write in it. She'll do it later today.

Afterwards, the three henchmen take the full wheelbarrow and a rather large whatever-it-is out to do whatever it is that Henchmen do with trash and rubble.

It's during this time that Harley comes into her room. She, obviously, hasn't taken a shower yet because her clean clothes are in this room. She comes in, closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, and decides on what to say.

Oh, she closes the door, too. "So, tell me, Magtok. Why are you here?" she asks, moving over to her dresser.

As she listens for an answer, Harley looks through her clothes for some that don't have debris on them. Dang it, all her pants hare dusty - she'll have to wear a skirt. Will this shirt go with it? No. Hm. How about this one? But that one won't go with her shoes...well, at least a change of underclothes are easy. Pick the only ones that aren't trapped under pebbles and splinters. Now, back to the shirt...

Lord Magtok
2013-11-23, 11:11 AM
Harley's Room

"The flirty answer would be to take you away from all of this stress, this pile of rubble, debris, and mayhem, and offer you a night of fun and excitement. Maybe some well-intentioned advice for AMEN's lovely new empress thrown in here and there, but not to excess because talking about work all evening would be awful."

He grabs some more of the aforementioned debris and such, tosses that stuffed animal onto the bed, and does his best to look busy as he talks, so he's not just watching her pick out clothes.

"The brutally honest answer would be that I'm done with the Association, an ex-AMENite, and dropped by to play evil attorney for Arkhosia back there, so she could get closer to her archrival, do something foolish while interrogating her that your other person wouldn't do, and then run off with Caelynn before anyone realizes what just happened. Not to betray anyone or because I'm with HALO or anything absurd like that, but because she reminds me of two dead catgirls I knew.

I was acting on stupid impulse, guilt, and cheap whiskey. The only reason I'm sharing this is because I don't think I'd be able to come up with an excuse to slip away to the dungeon now and execute the plan, so I'm dropping the project and making a mental note to stay the hell away from here. I don't understand anymore. What happened to Moff? He used to idolize me and like fun."

D_Lord
2013-11-23, 11:21 AM
Some Hallways

While it's taking time, there are black threads showing up in some of the halls ways of the base. It's still going to be a while before it's like it was.

Murkus
2013-11-23, 11:22 AM
[Side Hallway]

"So far I see no reason to doubt that decision. But I need to know something. What are we working toward?" Maiel gives her a few seconds to think on that before elaborating. "I've come here - not to AMEN, but the Nexus - to gather the largest hoard of treasure any world has ever seen. But what is AMEN's goal? What is it you seek to accomplish by collecting... sick people like the ones back there and turning them loose?"

5a Violista
2013-11-23, 05:00 PM
[Harley's Room]
Later

It turns out the only top that will go well with this skirt isn't one that she wants to ever wear in public, so she puts them both back and grabs another skirt. This one goes with that shirt, so that's everything she needs.

There's still time left to look at Magtok as he finishes the rest of his explanation. After he finishes, Harley responds, "I don't know. I thought that's how he's always been."

She takes a deep breath, about to say something all in one breath. "You know, if you had only waited a little longer, your plan might've worked." She starts to walk towards the door, so she can take a shower. "I want that large book moved over by the other books. All my clothes that are covered in rubble, put in a pile by my bed. Any of my masks that are broken beyond repair, toss in the corner. When the henchmen come back, have them help you." Harley has a lot of masks. At least fifty. Roughly half are damaged, however.

She stops by the door and looks back. "I'll be in the shower for the next hour. If, when I come back, you decided to find this girl's archrival and snuck out the back door of the base...well, that happens sometimes. The security system is still down and the hallways are still quite straightforward. Just don't hurt any AMENites, or the date's off."

Well...unless he stops her, she leaves to finally clean up, and will be gone in the showers for just over an hour.

[Side Hallway]
Earlier

Harley nods, having had time to think. "I don't know what the original purpose of this organization was - I haven't been a member for that long - but it seems everyone is here for a different reason."

She elaborates. "Some are here because nowhere else will accept them. Others, it seems like they want revenge or conquest or something. Some, like you, want to become rich," she says. "Really, from what I can tell, this organization is directed by its members - if someone wants to do something and asks others to help out, then I'm sure he or she will get help to do that."

Now, to wrap it together: "So, if you want to reach your goal of becoming filthy rich, it won't happen by sitting around and doing nothing. Come up with a plan, then rope other members into it and it will probably work."

Lord Magtok
2013-11-23, 11:57 PM
Harley's Room

An hour. Awfully long amount of time to take a shower, but that's probably the point, isn't it? Magtok stares at a wall, and considers his options. He could give this another shot, but the AMENites would see right through it, wouldn't they? He's stronger, better, and an all-around more competent villain than any of them, but his caution and attention to consequences always seemed to get him labeled as weak. They'd see him sneaking down to the cell, immediately realize what he's trying to do, and then he'd be right down in the dungeon with Caelynn, exactly as Moff had wanted. He'd like to take Harley up on her offer, but there's just no hope at succeeding at such a foolish rescue mission.

Unless...

Five Minutes Later, In the Hallway Leading Down Towards Cellblock A

'Harley' walks out of her room, wearing that top and skirt ensemble she'd thought was completely inappropriate for going anywhere public only a few moments ago. She seems to be wearing one of her masks, for reasons that escape me, as she heads on her way down towards Caelynn's cell. Huh. Maybe it's some sort of magical voodoo torture/interrogation mask? No idea, you'd have to ask him.

...Her, I mean. You'd have to ask her. Because it's Harley walking out of her room, and certainly not anyone else.

Arkhosia
2013-11-24, 12:14 AM
Hallway=>Cellblock A
Ark, who's walking back to the main room now, waves to "Harley".

The henchman guarding the cell gives "Harley" an adgknowleging nod, and raises an eyebrow at the shirt.

Inside the cell, "Harley" will see Caelynn is curled up in the crll's far left corner. Her boots and gauntlets are missing, and there appears to be a bit of blood on the side of her head.

Zefir
2013-11-24, 04:27 AM
Standing on the doorstep is a red-haired man wrapped in a heavy woolen sea coat, a suitcase in one hand and the other holding a handkerchief to his sweaty brow. He's a stocky fellow, with a wide, ruddy face and a smile of tombstone teeth, a bristling mustache adorning his upper lip.

"I am here to join. I would like to be let inside now, it's very hot out here." The man grumbles, voice tinged with an unplaceable accent.

Main Room - Door

Zefir looks at him a bit annoyed, like this is a bad joke.

"Just a hint wearing thick clothes while close to a Vulcano cause that. Inside it isn't colder."

He let's the new man in and closes the door behin him.

"Fill out a form first, then we see. You may need to Talk to the Moff maybe, that depends on your form."

Like to know what he can. Not that this stopshim from becoming a member.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-24, 07:13 PM
Cellblock A

"Pris-*cough*Prisoner transfer. The cyborg knows she's here, and he says he's not one of us anymore. MediumTurquoise, get her things; we're moving her to the Atlantis base."

Let's hope the Atlantis base isn't warded against teleporting like this one, and wasn't violently obliterated during that scuffle with Watchtower. It'd certainly be awkward if the shapeshifted Magtok leader of AMEN was insisting on a prisoner transfer that isn't even possible.

Arkhosia
2013-11-24, 07:16 PM
Cellblock A

"Pris-*cough*Prisoner transfer. The cyborg knows she's here, and he says he's not one of us anymore. MediumTurquoise, get her things; we're moving her to the Atlantis base."

Let's hope the Atlantis base isn't warded against teleporting like this one, and wasn't violently obliterated during that scuffle with Watchtower. It'd certainly be awkward if the shapeshifted Magtok leader of AMEN was insisting on a prisoner transfer that isn't even possible.

MediumTurquiose grabs Caelynn's stuff and brings them to "Harley": Caelynn's boots and gauntlets, and a bandolier of multicolored crystals.
Caelynn looks up. She looks fearful. It didn't take long for Saa and Ark to break her, it seems.
Ma'am, if it is not prudent to ask, why Atlantis base? It is rather hostile territory after all

Murkus
2013-11-25, 01:09 AM
[Side Hallway]
Earlier

Harley nods, having had time to think. "I don't know what the original purpose of this organization was - I haven't been a member for that long - but it seems everyone is here for a different reason."

She elaborates. "Some are here because nowhere else will accept them. Others, it seems like they want revenge or conquest or something. Some, like you, want to become rich," she says. "Really, from what I can tell, this organization is directed by its members - if someone wants to do something and asks others to help out, then I'm sure he or she will get help to do that."

Now, to wrap it together: "So, if you want to reach your goal of becoming filthy rich, it won't happen by sitting around and doing nothing. Come up with a plan, then rope other members into it and it will probably work."

"I wasn't planning on doing nothing," Maiel says flatly. With or without AMEN, he's going to take it all. "But thank you for the advice. I'll remember it. In any case. If this organization is directed by its members," The miner points at Harley. "Then what need have we for a leader?"

Lord Magtok
2013-11-25, 01:24 PM
Cellblock A

"All the giant plant monsters will keep her from leaving the one room we've set aside for her," 'Harley' responds with a dismissive hand gesture. One that's really more the sort of thing the minion would expect from and has seen Magtok perform, as opposed to AMEN's new head. Who knows, maybe she's been picking up on some of the quirks of past AMEN leaders to try to figure out how best to lead.

"Would you hurry this up? I've a schedule to keep."

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-25, 01:30 PM
Cellblock A

NavyBlue is here! You know, the guy that Saa asked to relieve Olive when his prison shift was up.

"Hey, uh, boss? I dunno if anyone told you this, but she's a Teleporter. The Thing in the Walls is the only thing stopping her from just leaving whenever she feels like it.

I, uh, don't mean to contradict your orders or anything, but I don't think Atlantis has that kind of security. Wouldn't she just jump out scot-free?"

Henchmen actually being told important information? What is AMEN coming to?! :smalleek:

Lord Magtok
2013-11-25, 01:54 PM
Cellblock A

A single hand balls into a fist, as our cyborg tries his best not to let the shapeshifty disguise slip in a moment of frustration. It's okay, it's okay. We can recover from this. Take a deep breath, put your thoughts together and let's continue with the ruse. Remember, Harley said the date would be off if you hurt any AMENites, and henchpeople might or might not count, but it's not worth taking a chance on.

"Short-range teleporter. If Caelynn's willing to try teleporting away from the bottom of the ocean with no way of telling which direction is the way back home, well..."

'Harley' looks towards the prisoner, as if to ask Caelynn to confirm her desire to not drown at the bottom of the ocean or have her bones crushed by sea pressure overwhelming her delicate frame.

Arkhosia
2013-11-25, 02:00 PM
Cellblock A

A single hand balls into a fist, as our cyborg tries his best not to let the shapeshifty disguise slip in a moment of frustration. It's okay, it's okay. We can recover from this. Take a deep breath, put your thoughts together and let's continue with the ruse. Remember, Harley said the date would be off if you hurt any AMENites, and henchpeople might or might not count, but it's not worth taking a chance on.

"Short-range teleporter. If Caelynn's willing to try teleporting away from the bottom of the ocean with no way of telling which direction is the way back home, well..."

'Harley' looks towards the prisoner, as if to ask Caelynn to confirm her desire to not drown at the bottom of the ocean or have her bones crushed by sea pressure overwhelming her delicate frame.

Caelynn shudders at the idea of a watery grave.
Ah.

Shadowcaller
2013-11-25, 07:01 PM
[Outside The Cat Burglar's Room]

There is a knock on the Burglars room, who could it be?

ThirdEmperor
2013-11-25, 07:23 PM
Outside The Cat Burglar's Room

The door rattles as numerous locks and bolts are undone, before swinging open a crack so the Cat can peer through. "Uh, hi?"

Shadowcaller
2013-11-25, 07:32 PM
Outside The Cat Burglar's Room

"Ta-da!"

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/Cybil-Super_zps50aaffef.png

Cybil is dressed in something rather different from her normal clothes, a rather tight body-suit combined with a mask. The material it's all made of appears to be spandex-related though it's thick fibers suggests it's something much more expensive. Probably SCIENCE related considering it's texture.

"What do you think?" She holds up her arms so he can get a good look on the costume.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-25, 09:17 PM
Cellblock A

A smarter henchman than NavyBlue could probably poke all kinds of holes in that logic, but NavyBlue isn't smarter than himself. Instead, what he does is nod and say:

"Makes sense, boss. I'll be sure to tell the Commander and her nemesis about the move, so they know where to go for their next session, too."

He's just about to walk away, before he realizes something else that seems a little bit strange.

"Oh, and, um, why are we moving her stuff down there too? Isn't the whole point of confiscating it to keep it away from her?"

On the bright side, if Mags can come up with an explanation for that one, he's probably in the clear!

5a Violista
2013-11-26, 12:26 AM
Earlier
[Side Hallway]

Harley shrugs in response. "I guess, to guide everyone around when everyone gets bored and lazy." That's as good a response as any, I guess.

Later
[Shower Room]

Harley is still here, cleaning up, unawares of the secret horrors lurking downstairs. (Where does the drain even go? Who knows?)

Murkus
2013-11-26, 12:49 AM
[Side Hallway]

Maiel looks incredulous for a second - it is not a good expression for his face - and then barks out a harsh laugh. "Aye, that is a good a reason as any. Very well. What strength I have is at your command, o fair leader. I will dig myself a home, then, perhaps, tunnels to wherever you madmen see fit," Maiel bows again, a lengthy gesture for one of his size. His eyes glitter, perhaps a sign of something within him stirring.

The miner's voice turns somewhat grave. "Though let it be known - something is wrong with this place," Maiel taps the floor using the shaft of his pickaxe. "This rock is fouled. There are... sounds, somewhere in the dark, that I do not recognize. And I've been listening to the earth for near on a hundred years."

5a Violista
2013-11-26, 01:52 AM
[Side Hallway]

Harley nods. She looks a little worried. She doesn't understand rocks, but this miner sounds like he does. "Huh. I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been here very long, but I can imagine there's at least a few somethings locked up that probably shouldn't ever be released," she says.

However, time for lighter news: "I think I should go clean up and change, now. I've been like this for too long." Covered in black soot and tears and burns and glue and the icky feeling of transforming into a man and cooties and stuff.

Men have those, right? Cooties?

Murkus
2013-11-26, 02:20 AM
[Side Hallway]

"Aye. Rooms. I think. Far below. I'll inform you if I find out more," Maiel says. His deep, dark baritone doesn't help the mood of those words much. He turns to go, having already planned to start digging after making sure someone important got that warning. The old laborer shoulders his mattock and his duffel before walking off down the hall. Clomp clomp clomp. "...Watch yourself."

ThirdEmperor
2013-11-26, 04:05 AM
Outside the Cat Burglar's Room

The thief's jaw drops, and it's a moment before he remembers he's supposed to say something and not just stare like a moron. "Uhm.. Yikes. Wow."

"That's, uh.. Wow. Where did you get that made?" Laughing slightly in surprise, he steps out into the hallway, looking Cybil's new costume over. And maybe his eyes linger a little on the way. "So, I guess, er, guess you're going to be supervillain too now, right?"

Shadowcaller
2013-11-26, 08:22 AM
Outside the Cat Burglar's Room

Cybil laughs at the Burglar's reaction, her cheeks colored a faint pink. That's even more than she had hoped for. She crosses her arms over her chest, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious. She couldn't even remember the last time that happened. Must be this costume.

"Sort of. All I have done so far is reading a few comic books and watched a few movies." She admits. "It was how I got the idea for it though as it's not just an ordinary costume. Look at this" Suddenly her form changes as she melts into her vampire form, what's different is that her costume seems to conform to her new proportions and fit just as well as it did in her human form.

She then changes back with a beaming smile at the Burglar. "I got the idea from the Fantastic Four, thanks for telling me about by the way. This suit is so convenient, won't have to put back my clothes all the time."

GrandDM
2013-11-26, 11:06 AM
[Entrance]

A fourteen-foot tall vampire Space Marine arrives. He's wearing spiky black armour and carrying a huge sword and shield. He finds the nearest person.

"Where do I go to join?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-26, 11:14 AM
[Entrance]

Saahep happens to be standing fairly close to the main door, so she casually looks up for a moment at the enormous monster of a man and grumbles out a few words.

"Applications. Over there."

A finger is pointed at a neatly piled stack of paper sitting on a table. Complete with a pen.

GrandDM
2013-11-26, 11:22 AM
[Entrance]

Kharin takes a step over to the table, reaches down and picks up one of the forms between finger and thumb. He looks at it for a moment, then snaps his fingers, causing a purple-black spark, and takes hold of the opposite corner, resizing it to scale with him. He does the same with a pen, and then fills in the form:

Name: Kharin
Age: Somewhere around three or four hundred. I'm not exactly sure.
Sex: Male
Species: Space Marine (genetically and surgically enhanced human); Vampire
Profession: Warrior
Reason for joining AMEN: Apparently it's the place for evil people to go around here
Special skills: High level of skill with my weaponry. Psychic powers (currently at a fairly low level, but developing). Enhanced physical capabilities from size, Space Marine alterations and vampire powers. All standard vampire abilities, sun exposure not a problem.
Past Experience: Three or four centuries of combat experience against the deadliest foes my galaxy had to offer
References (Victims Preferred): Thousands of orks, tyranids, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Chaos Space Marines and Daemons. Also a few residents of Inside.
Other Information: I'm fourteen feet tall and can't change it, so it's a fairly significant limiting factor.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-26, 11:28 AM
[Entrance]

Saa looks it over and shrugs.

"Seems good to me. Don't forget to sign in blood.

Oh, and just in case you missed the sign, membership is liable to be revoked if we catch you working with Clegg, Harald, HALO, WATCH, or any other enemies of AMEN.

I'm Saahep. Nice to meetcha."

No scaly hand is extended for him, but a roll of the eyes instead.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-26, 11:30 AM
Cellblock A

"Oh, and, um, why are we moving her stuff down there too? Isn't the whole point of confiscating it to keep it away from her?"

On the bright side, if Mags can come up with an explanation for that one, he's probably in the clear!

"It's not for her; it's for me. I'm going to ask her how they work, and see if I can't-"

'Harley' slips on one of the gauntlets, and 'accidentally' fires a concussive blast with the thing at Navy, assuming people other than Caelynn can operate the weapon and I'm understanding its use rightly.

"Sorry! MediumTurquiose, could you get the Atlantis portal up and then go make sure Navy's alright? Again, schedules to keep, kinda in a rush here!"

Non-lethal concussive force on a henchman doesn't count as hurting AMENites, right? Maybe? Whatever, we'll apologize for that one later, if we have to.

GrandDM
2013-11-26, 11:31 AM
[Entrance]

Kharin draws his sword and slits his palm. His blood is black and hisses as it hits the paper. The cut closes almost immediately.

"Where do I go now?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-26, 11:34 AM
"It's not for her; it's for me. I'm going to ask her how they work, and see if I can't-"

'Harley' slips on one of the gauntlets, and 'accidentally' fires a concussive blast with the thing at Navy, assuming people other than Caelynn can operate the weapon and I'm understanding its use rightly.

"Sorry! MediumTurquiose, could you get the Atlantis portal up and then go make sure Navy's alright? Again, schedules to keep, kinda in a rush here!"

Non-lethal concussive force on a henchman doesn't count as hurting AMENites, right? Maybe? Whatever, we'll apologize for that one later, if we have to.

Doing so is pretty easy, as it's fired by a punching motion.
So, if "Harley" put it on, momentum may have been to blame.
Yes ma'am
MediumTurquoise does so.
Meanwhile, Caelynn is watching intently.
I wonder what's going through her mind right now?

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-26, 12:02 PM
Cellblock A

Navy nods once at "Harley's" statement, and then suddenly gets blasted across the room with a sharp scream of shock, before being knocked out cold by virtue of his head colliding with a hard wall! Thankfully he was wearing his uniform for the intimidation factor, so he was at least wearing a helmet. Otherwise that could have been messy.

It's worth noting that the key to Caelynn's cell is in Navy's pocket, since Olive would have passed it over to him once he was relieved. Magtok might need that unless he plans to pull the bars apart with super Cyborg strength.

I'm not sure why there would be an Atlantis portal in the Cellblock, though. That seems like a massive security risk, really.

[Entrance]

Saa frowns.

"We're basically an Evil Guild, not a military operation. Individual members are free to do more or less as they please so long as they follow the basic rules. If you'd like though, I'm free to chat for a mom-"

The thrax's batlike ears perk up slightly. She has very keen hearing, after all.

"What the hell? Is that coming from the cell block? Doesn't sound like the prisoner..."

Ignoring the newcomer for now, she stalks off in that direction, though it'll take a post or two before she actually gets there. Better hurry, Mags. Saa doesn't like it very much when people attack the henchmen!

GrandDM
2013-11-26, 01:05 PM
[Entrance]

Kharin follows. Any chance of a fight is fine by him.

happyturtle
2013-11-26, 01:07 PM
Main Room

Mechanical Jaw Moff stops Kharin as he passes. "I don't think so. I need to approve your paperwork before you're allowed into sensitive areas." He holds a hand out expectantly.

GrandDM
2013-11-26, 01:07 PM
[Main Room]

Kharin passes it over. It resizes down to normal as it leaves his hand.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-26, 01:16 PM
Cellblock A => Corridors

Pfft. Rifling through pockets is easy, especially when the owner of the pocket is unconscious. As for the location of the portal, whether it's in the cellblock or not isn't a question I can satisfactorily answer, having no idea myself. Let's say it's in the corridors nearby, else this would be all too convenient for our disguised cyborg.

"There. Door's open. Let's grab her and go," 'Harley' orders, her foot tapping impatiently. Harley gave him an hour, but Nexus time can be so wonky sometimes, and it won't matter how long she's in the shower if some suspicious AMENites corner him and shoot his face off.

Arkhosia
2013-11-26, 02:15 PM
Cellblock A => Corridors

Pfft. Rifling through pockets is easy, especially when the owner of the pocket is unconscious. As for the location of the portal, whether it's in the cellblock or not isn't a question I can satisfactorily answer, having no idea myself. Let's say it's in the corridors nearby, else this would be all too convenient for our disguised cyborg.

"There. Door's open. Let's grab her and go," 'Harley' orders, her foot tapping impatiently. Harley gave him an hour, but Nexus time can be so wonky sometimes, and it won't matter how long she's in the shower if some suspicious AMENites corner him and shoot his face off.

MT follows his orders.
Caelynn struggles when she's grabbed, but fails to escape.

BladeofObliviom
2013-11-26, 03:32 PM
Prison Break!

Muahahaha. Caelynn is quite weak after beatings, one meal a day, and wasting away in a cell, isn't she? The lack of equipment probably isn't too helpful either, on both a physical and psychological level.

Also, I think Saa slashed up her clothing, which probably only makes her feel more exposed and acts as a nice reminder of those wounds.

Speaking of Saa, she's headed for the Cell Blocks, through the corridors! Depending on which path Mags went down, he might be unlucky enough to run straight into her.

She definitely doesn't look very happy, what with the brandished shamshir and flared wings. Also the angry not-eyebrows.

Lord Magtok
2013-11-26, 03:41 PM
The Great Escape

'Harley' does her best to keep a straight face as she passes by anyone and everyone who goes down the hall, torturers or otherwise. Saa won't get any more than a nod as AMEN's esteemed leader continues on her quest.

Arkhosia
2013-11-26, 03:47 PM
AMEN: Impossible

MT gives Saa an acknowledging nod, with the exhausted Caelynn slung over his shoulder.