PDA

View Full Version : (3.5/3.P) Archivist to Pathfinder

johnnyripper
2013-09-02, 10:56 AM
If you converted the Archivist to Pathfinder, what would you change if anything? This would be after having done the skill conversions and such. It already does a fairly good job of avoiding dead levels already, but would you up the daily uses of dark knowledge, change dark knowledges at all? Would it stay at the d6 for hit points?

Vortenger
2013-09-02, 11:17 AM
I feel the Archivist just needs its skillset consolidated, the class features are great as is, and as you say, few dead levels. Spells and Dark Knowledge carry the class on their own merits. Play it as is and have fun being a sexy god of buffing...and whatever else you feel like.

johnnyripper
2013-09-02, 11:33 AM
I tend to agree, but another thing to consider, do you make their extra spells per day key off of Int instead of their wisdom, instead of how it is in 3.5? I am not sure if that was a balancing issue but I dont think any spell caster does that in Pathfinder.

Psyren
2013-09-02, 02:52 PM
Casters are SAD in Pathfinder (at least where their spells are concerned, and in most other respects too) so making the Archivist Int-SAD would be fine. Even Int-SAD, an Archivist in PF wouldn't be much stronger than the regular classes.

If you did want to nerf them, one change to consider is reducing their spells/day; all prepared casters in PF got trimmed down. This was likely to compensate for the increased number of LA 0 +Int and +Wis races.

Another change would be to assign a type to their Dark Knowledges so that they can better interact with the system. Dread Secret in particular should probably be Su.

Vortenger
2013-09-02, 04:13 PM
-snip-

All I can say whenever Psyren posts is, "Yeah, what he said..."

johnnyripper
2013-09-02, 04:16 PM
So maybe just go full blown divine wizard and drop their spells to 4's across the board?

Psyren
2013-09-02, 04:31 PM
Thank you Vortenger.

So maybe just go full blown divine wizard and drop their spells to 4's across the board?

I would make it 5s, to put it on par with a Cleric (with their domain slot). Only the Witch, Druid and Generalist Wizard are all 4s; the first has hexes, the second has an animal companion + wild shape, and few people are really expected to play the latter.

magwaaf
2013-09-05, 10:11 PM
keep it as is? it really doesn't need any changes. its a fantastic class