PDA

View Full Version : Badgers!

G.Cube
2013-09-02, 12:45 PM
Was just glancing through the MM and happened by P.193, where badgets were listed, I happened to glance at their special attacks and learned that they have rage! Has anyone ever used this in their games? Perhaps even some dire badger encountets?
Also, is there any more creatures out thete with unique/pc abilities?

nedz
2013-09-02, 12:53 PM
Yes I've used them a few times.
They tend to go Rage, Rage, ..., Dead though because they won't run away.

Deaxsa
2013-09-02, 12:54 PM
Was just glancing through the MM and happened by P.193, where badgets were listed, I happened to glance at their special attacks and learned that they have rage! Has anyone ever used this in their games? Perhaps even some dire badger encountets?

badgers are a weasel, rage isn't really "out of thete".
and yea, i've used them. the party encountered a very angry, already bloodied badger. which was (at the time) cornered, and did not immediately attack them. the party (stupidly) attacked it(instead of leaving it alone/possibly even trying to befriend it), and then the pack of wolves that had been harassing the badger went ahead and attacked the party... while they were fighting the advanced badger. it got pretty ugly there for a minute.

Arael666
2013-09-02, 01:54 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15944197

linking the two threads.

Greenish
2013-09-02, 01:57 PM
Wolverine also has Rage. Weasels have Attach, dire weasel's version famously draining Con.

Telonius
2013-09-02, 02:05 PM

Badger is one of the standard animal companions. I'm DM'ing a Ranger with one right now (house rule is that Druid and Ranger trade companions).

Grayson01
2013-09-02, 07:53 PM
Explain Trade Companions? like progression or like Druid X trades his Companion for Ranger Y's Companion?

Badger is one of the standard animal companions. I'm DM'ing a Ranger with one right now (house rule is that Druid and Ranger trade companions).

Greenish
2013-09-02, 08:03 PM
Explain Trade Companions? like progression or like Druid X trades his Companion for Ranger Y's Companion?I imagine the houserule is that rangers gain the full animal companion progression (like druids normally do), and druids have half-progression (like rangers normally do).

Telonius
2013-09-02, 08:22 PM
I imagine the houserule is that rangers gain the full animal companion progression (like druids normally do), and druids have half-progression (like rangers normally do).

That's it exactly. Anyway, they're still pretty low level at the moment, so not much diversity of combat so far. But for the moment it seems to be playing a bit less powerful than a wolf.

Grayson01
2013-09-02, 08:25 PM
Okay that's what I assumed but figured I would ask, that's a pretty good house rule. I never understood why WoTC decided to Nerph the Ranger Companion.