PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 7 - Cat Herders Wanted

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shadowcaller
2013-09-02, 01:54 PM
This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247077). This thread is events that aren't as structured as srs and not as long lasting. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules:
1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
3. Play nice.

Archives:
Random Places and Plots 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175999)
Random Places and Plots 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184776)
Random Places and Plots 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199752)
Random Places and Plots 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216869)
Random Places and Plots 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240223)
Random Places and Plots 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268687)

Shadowcaller
2013-09-02, 02:29 PM
[Green Fields]

Kirk raises an eyebrow. Oh Dena and her bets. This is an amusing one, though. And he likes the reward of course. "Alright, I think that's fair. But you also have to make a show of taking that dress of for me." He says with a small grin.

[Near the Temple]

"I wasn't going to pull it out of her head now was I? It's the best I could do." Sylv says with a roll of her eyes. Demanding woman. Without further comment, she lands on Astrana again and puts the illusion back up.

"That doesn't sound too bad," Dipsnig says. "Of course, NO's membership is a little more restrictive nowadays. I'm going to need a more tangible proof of your skill and resources, so to speak. I do not believe you have our license, do you?"

Meanwhile, the Mayor and his Hunter bodyguard approach Jezebel. O'Donnell smiles.

"Madame Tel'Vree," he says. "I suppose I should not be surprised to meet you on such an event. A pleasure to see you."

[Green Fields]

"Very well, but if you end up going home with another woman you still lose." Obviously. She wags a finger at the other drow. "So let's take a walk around shall we?" Dena quickly scans the room after guys, there had to be some hot interested guy at this party right? They couldn't all be women or creatures.

((Hot guys wanted!!!))

As O'Donnell walks up to Jezebel Celestel decides to join the conversation as well. Followed by her two guards she confidently walks towards them. "Salutations to both of you, it's has been too long since we conversed, Lord O'Donnell, Lady Tel'Vree." She curtsies before the two, her both guards looking right ahead. Very dull fellows these two.

[Near the Temple]

Astrana heads back to the temple with her sack, now let's see if this was going to work. If the high priestess is affected by the charm she will suddenly be very interested in the sack Astrana is carrying.

Gullara
2013-09-02, 02:42 PM
[Green Fields]

A hot guy appears! Oh wait, that's just Kirk. The drow smirks at Dena. "Please, Dena. I have some willpower. I'm sticking to you this entire party." She's not going to win that bet very easily.

[Temple of Purity]

When Astrana enters the temple, she will see a few people on the far side of the room kneeling near the altar. It looks like they're praying. Oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, Allison looks up immediately and directly at the bag. Jean looks up when she sees the high priestess is distracted and spots Astrana too. She waves for her to join them.

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 02:44 PM
Green Fields - Jezebel

Jezebel gives both of them a deep bow of respect. "Mayor, Celeste. It's a pleasure to see you two again. While I seem to have forgotten my bodyguards back at my home, I'd like to introduce my handmaiden: Rebecca of House Tel'Vree." She says, stepping aside to introduce her servant.

The Bushranger
2013-09-02, 02:49 PM
[Green Fields - Jezebel and The Woman Formerly Known As Becky]

'Rebecca' - whom anyone present who knew her will recognise as Becky, at least by her face as that's much all that's recognisable - steps fowards, a slightly tight smile on her face as she bows as well. Her black hair is pulled back in a ponytail, and her makup is limited to just a hint of eyeshadow and glossy lipstick. The biggest change is her clothing; a long, slender, sequined dark blue dress that flows to the ground and behind her, scooped to provide just a hint of cleavage in the front and baring her upper back in the rear, long white elbow-length gloves completing the transformation.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-02, 02:50 PM
Green Fields

Terrowin, the brown-haired and brown-eyed man wearing the long red robe with the black two-tailed scorpion, is quite attractive and may catch Dena's eye.

Alternately, the red-skinned tiefling with the pointed black goatee and stubby forehead horns is also quite handsome, and he's wearing a black suit with a small red two-tailed-scorpion-shaped badge pinned to his lapel, so he's less obviously a Dalachrechian.

The woman in polished golden platemail under a black tabard with a white centipede upon it, meanwhile, is a bit more distracted by Jezebel. A gold-gauntletted-hand reaches up and adjusts her long silver hair, which is hanging loose and her golden eyes aren't leaving the Slaaneshi cultist.

Aric Kale
2013-09-02, 03:47 PM
Green Fields

Aric nods, Naturally, can't have any run-of-the-mill adventurer in your Org. My weapons are in my extra-dimensional space bag, I can show you, though I had hoped not to present arms at the party. Ah, no, I do not currently possess a NO license.

Aric is fairly attractive, (if you like blondes) but he's occupied and not likely to be an easy catch.

Morty
2013-09-02, 04:29 PM
[Green Fields - Jezebel]

"Charmed," the Mayor says with a polite nod. He does not recognize Rebecca. He then turns to Celestel. "Indeed, especially since our last opportunity to do so involved that dreadful plague."

[Green Fields]

"Don't pull out weapons here," Dipsnig says, sounding like it should be obvious. "I don't think this is the right place for you to prove anything. But if anything unexpected happens, I'll be watching you. Otherwise, you'll need to get an NO license after the party and then come up with something."

5a Violista
2013-09-02, 04:44 PM
Green Fields

"Oh," says Harley, nodding as if she's listening. She walks towards the buffet, and says as she's walking, "That's got to be awfully boring being raised in a vat. Of course, I can see the benefits of doing that, as well." For example, not having a half-sister borrow your clothes for a party while you're out of town and not being blamed for your parents' ruined marriage. I'm sure that kind of stuff never happens in vats.

Looking over the food, Harley decides what to do. She holds a small vial full of red powder. With one hand, she scoops herself a drink in a cup. With the other she sprinkles the chili powder all over the fruit and desserts as she moves along the table.

Now, I don't mean that silly weak stuff that you get in a store. I mean the homemade stuff, the powdered peppers that makes your eyes water and your throat burn just thinking about it: the kind that doesn't stop burning for half an hour, at least. Especially if you take a drink to wash it down.

However, Icarus might stop her as she does this, which is why she has to distract him before she starts. "So, Icarus, tell me more about Excelsior. Besides weapons and bio-engineering, what sort of things do you do?" she asks, already beginning on Operation: Flamin' Hawt.

Edit: I forgot to mention Harley‘s signature scar: she has a massive scar on the left side of her face. It runs from above her brow down to her jawbone.

Zefir
2013-09-02, 04:52 PM
Green Fields

"Mr Arkant. How delightful. You must be new to the Nexus, as I've never heard of you. Come, I'll introduce you around," Willow says, trying to slip her arm around Arkant's and lead him away.

Green Fields

Arkant tries to hold her arm off. It may appear a bit violent at first, still he tries to not hamr her.

"I'm sorry, but unless you got some protection this is a bad idea. These scales are very sharp and they cut easily through skin. A failed experiment." he sais with a sad smile. He will then follow her.

[Green Fields]

"Hrm. Well, you do have the boss right in front of you now," Dipsnig says. "So why don't you tell me why you want to join us and why we would want you in."

Vutha in that time takes a snack on the bar, having a waching eye on her companion.

[On a Phone]

"Dipsnig Razortooth speaking," the voice on the other side of the phone says.

[On a Phone]

"Good day Mr Razortooth. I'm sorry, but I have to tell you that one of your employees works for SHEOL INCORPORATED. They just called me and offered me their services, which are simular to the contract we made."

Morty
2013-09-02, 04:58 PM
[On a Phone]

"I'm unaware of any such between my employees and this company," Dipsnig says. "What makes you say one of my people works for them?"

Shadowcaller
2013-09-02, 05:14 PM
[Green Fields - Jezebel]

"And the AMEN invasion." Celestel reminds the mayor. "But let's not dwell on such things at an event like this. After all, we are in the company of the famous masks and I really doubt they like to hear about all our problems." The noble says as she looks over at Jezebel and Rebecca. "I heard wonderful things about your organization, the Lotus area is supposed to be absolutely lovely."

[Green Fields]

Sorry boys but Dena aren't interested in Dalachrechian's due to the surely unfounded rumors about slaves within their ranks. However she does spy Aric just finishing speaking to her boss. Excellent. "Then you better come right now."

Walking as quickly as the low-cut dress allows she attempts to get into Aric's line of sight. "Hey boss, I couldn't help but to overhear. Is this a new recruit?" She inspects Aric carefully. Not bad.

Aric Kale
2013-09-02, 06:02 PM
Green Fields

Aric sounds relieved. Good, because I would have to refuse you if you asked me to, and I wouldn't feel confident joining such an organization comfortable bearing weapons at a peaceful event.
After this is over, I'll get myself a license and seek out a NO office. Thank you for your time, Mr. Razertooth
He offers a smile to Dena and Kirk, but waits for Dipsnig's response before making conversation.

Gullara
2013-09-02, 06:37 PM
[Green Fields]

Kirk stays right next to Dena and offers Aric a pleasant smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. But he seems pleasant enough. He even nods to Aric. How nice!

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 06:50 PM
Green Fields - Jezebel and Co.

"Oh, I don't mind hearing problems since I tend to be quite good at solving them. I'm next-door-neighbors to AMENside after all, so it's hardly something new." Jezebel admits with a small smile. "That said, thank you about the Gardens. It's difficult, but we've managed to find a way for people to stay happy and healthy. You're all quite welcome there. Especially if another plague unfolds. Such things are locked outside of our borders."

Green Fields - Irregulars

The Irregular's Romulan will find a tall and extremely thin man standing next to her. He's dressed in a suit of Rem Basic Armor, but the armor is different in several aspects. Overall, it's more stylized with broad ridged pauldrons that are designed as eagle heads. His helmet is quite different as well, revealing the lower half of his face even though the upper half is still covered by the opaque white armored "visor" that's normally over the entire face. Another big difference is that he carries a large, rather ornate, engineering hammer on his right him, covered in mathmatical symbols and equations. "Hello." His scruffy face says with a slight smile.

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 08:07 PM
[Green Fields]

N'alae raises an eyebrow. "Ah. It's you. I was wondering when Remnant's representative would arrive. I personally thought you would be more interested in speaking to those you do not work with already, but I can't complain." She pauses. "Unless this is about work. In which case I will have to remind you that we cannot discuss the details of that in a public environment. Hopefully not."

Huh. Seems they know each other. Guess the guards can relax.

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 08:17 PM
Green Fields

At that, Intelligence Operative Hicks smiles wryly. "I find you can learn more about people without direct interaction, watching who they congregate to and why. Much of it might be of conscious choice, but there's still an instinctual methodology to it." He points out. "And it's nice seeing you again. Need a drink?" He asks, raising up the hand opposite from the side she is to show a couple champaign glasses.

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 08:58 PM
[Green Fields]

N'alae gestures to the mostly-untouched glass on the table. "I have one already, and it is terribly weak. But I suppose you're right. Besides, better to be distant here, considering the amount of shouting some of them have been doing. I am just staying clear so I won't be in the path of any violence.

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 09:14 PM
Green Fields

"Not likely." Hicks says. "The violence I mean. Too many people around. Many of which are far too powerful for most to deal with on a one on one bonus, let alone in a huge meeting of such people. And those who aren't as powerful have bodyguards. Not to mention it'd be a huge Political Charlie Foxtrot."

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-02, 09:24 PM
Green Fields

Icarus makes no move to stop her mischief, but his already faint smile hardens into a frown of disapproval. "Why should I continue answering your questions? You've given no answers of your own." He says, leaning down to take a finger sandwich from the table before Harley can spike them. "We are interested in the direction you will be taking AMEN."

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 09:29 PM
[Green Fields]

"My people have a saying: Assume nothing about the intelligence of others. We may realize that, but they might be impulsive enough to do it anyway." One gets the impression N'alae's people have a habit of looking down on others. (They kind of do.) "For example, those with particularly strong personal or cultural codes of conduct often tend to adhere to those even when it would not be the most intelligent option. We can't assume everyone thinks the same way we do. Remembering that is an important part of being a diplomat, one I think many tend to forget."

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 09:46 PM
Green Fields

"Ah, but I was keeping that in mind. Suppose there are people here who have a code of conduct that says they must defend their honor with violence when insulted. There are many such cultures like that after all. They'll work by their own codes, and likely realize that if they give insult, even in the slightest of manners, they'll be putting their own lives at risk."

"But suppose there are those here who don't have a code? Look around. People invited to a meeting like this would be very unlikely to have survived this long unless they've learned to watch their words. Some of these people are new, so maybe there'll be an incident, but all in all, I very much doubt it."

"Not to mention that most of these people are representatives of larger organizations. While perhaps a few might like running their mouths, there would be much larger repercussions when they got back. No one wants to be blamed for putting their Org in a war." Once he's done, Hicks dumps the champaign out of the glasses and reaches down for a hip flask, filling the two with bourbon instead, offering her one again.

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 10:20 PM
[Green Fields]

"Considering all some of them have been saying, I suspect some would mouth off and attack regardless of the consequences. As I said, assume nothing about the intelligence of others. Even ignoring that, it is always better to expect the worst. That way, being surprised does not kill you, whereas not expecting and preparing very well can," N'alae states confidently. Then, strangely, she twitches. "Do you feel that? Something seems off."

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 10:27 PM
Green Fields

"I'm not the psi-sensitive one, but I'd imagine it had something to do with at least two demons of varying power, a psychic hive mind, and who knows what other latent psychic talents roaming out there. Then add in all the excess technological transmissions and magical emissions, and that'll make one big blooming headache for anyone with even a minor ability to sense such. Thank the gods I'm just normal up there." Hicks admits with a smile, tapping his helmet's temple.

5a Violista
2013-09-02, 10:28 PM
[Green Hills]

Harley laughs at Icarus. Ha, you‘re silly. of course I haven‘t answered any of your questions: you haven‘t really asked any. I can‘t read minds, you silly thing.“

Harley grabs a spiced fruit and pops it in her mouth. “My, that‘s spicy.“

After a few heavy breaths to cool her mouth down enough to speak, she says, “My plans are simple: help other people with what they want, keep my friends safe, and so on. The usual.“ Of course, those are her plans for AMEN - she didn‘t mention her personal plans because that kind of stuff is personal. You don‘t go around blabbing that kind of stuff to somebody who doesn‘t even bother to ask.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-02, 10:28 PM
Green Fields - Reina

Green Fields - Reina

"On second thought let's not go to Reality. Tis a silly place." Reina replies to the idea of living inside a joke.

And then she's asked if she wants a drink. She can't exactly say no at this point. But she's worked so very hard to stay off of alcohol. It's just... I mean... well... one might be ok. So long as the sips are very slow. Right? No big deal. She's been dry for over a year now. She can handle a little.

"Deal. Something light if you would. Wouldn't want to be tripping over myself more than I already did."

"It wouldn't be that bad. I'd be right here to catch you the whole time."

Her point has been made, however. Magtok goes a little further than necessary, even, and opts for a strictly non-alcoholic drink. While his intentions may have been to loosen lips and get her to meet him halfway with all this terribly personal information being disclosed, he can do that just as well with a placebo. I mean, there's been studies and stuff, he figures that so long as she never reads the entirety of the label on the bottle and figures out it's non-alcoholic, the drink should still work, right?

Reinholdt
2013-09-02, 10:38 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"My, you sure seem caught up on the idea of me falling all over you." Reina says with a sly grin.

"Anyways, my name is Tiffany." She says, taking the drink and holding it in hand to start with. At least he didn't insist early on without giving her some time to make up a name. She'd have to pull out a name quickly at random and that would have turned out badly somehow.

"And I was a philosophy major in school actually, with a minor in psychology. For all the good it did getting me a job. Not that I suppose it mattered in the end, showing up here and all."

"So you seemed to have modeled yourself after Lex Luthor and Batman. Did your incredible intelligence and top physique draw you to relate to them or was it something else?"

The Bushranger
2013-09-02, 10:41 PM
Green Fields - Jezebel and Co.

Rebecca folds her hands behind her back, looking around with an expression best described as a combination of curious, and bored.

[Green Fields - Elsewhere]

The green-haired woman spots Willow and waves.

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 10:43 PM
[Green Fields]

N'alae squints at Hicks. "Why did you instantly suggest that?" She seems to find this suspicious.

"Because I do not believe I have ever suggested that I was telepathic. I could easily have referred to having felt something that was targeting me, that does not require telepathy."

She probably thinks Hicks has been looking into her background now.

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 11:00 PM
Green Fields

"Funny. I didn't know you were a telepath or psi-sensitive. Never said as much. Just said I wasn't the psi-sensitive one here." Hicks says with a sweep of his arm at the meeting before grinning.

"But hey, thanks."

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 11:03 PM
[Green Fields]

"I am not and never suggested it. I was merely questioning why you suggested as much," she counters, with a roll of the eyes.

N'alae is telling the truth, at least. "And don't give me that lawyer logic, for we are not lawyers. You clearly were referring to me, given the context. So if you would kindly answer the question properly..."

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-02, 11:05 PM
Green Fields

"But I believe that is how a conversation goes? Both parties volunteer information, as fits mutual interests." The finger sandwich vanishes between a set of teeth fit for a shark. After a moment he decides to risk another one, carefully dusting off the worst of the chili before biting in.

"Your plan is short-sighted." Icarus says, blunt as a dull knife. Whether that makes his criticism more or less offensive is up to Harley. "What will you do, when the AMENites want nothing but to laze about like children? They need to be pushed in the right direction."

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 11:16 PM
Green Fields

"Alright. Suppose you were a target for a spell or effect. First, why you? There are vastly more important people here, and if you think they'd spend time trying to destroy you, why? What purpose would it serve? Just a low blow to Vyrn that really amounts to nothing. No offense to your abilities, it's just that all in all, you aren't actually vital or worth such a risky plan. If they were going to take you out, it'd be fast, clean, and with no chance of repercussion. It's how I'd deal with you." Hicks admits with a shrug.

"Vyrn controls what is essentially the largest airforce at this time. Knocking off his second would cause him to look realclose at whoever your killer was. Magic can be traced fairly easily. A single laser or bullet from a never before used gun? Much harder to do so. Especially from longer ranges."

"As for possible mind control or compulsion? I admit, it's more of a possibility, but again, you're Vyrn's second. You'd probably have some above average mental defenses as well as boobytraps in the mix. It's only smart for Vyrn to make sure you have such. Especially since he trusts you enough to send you on your own for all intents and purposes. These guards? I'd wager they're just for show. And attempting such compulsions in public like there where there's distractions all around is risky as well. Too risky for our purposes. So, lets take that off the table too.

What's left then? A sixth sense or psychic reaction to some "wrongness" here. As we deal with these sorts of people almost every day, I'd have wagered money on the latter for you since physically, there's little wrong here. Metaphysically though? There's a crap ton that's off, but as far as I can see or sense, no one's using stuff consciously, which means that there's a metaphysical wrongness floating around. Hence the demons and hivemind." Hicks explains with another shrug. "Perhaps it's not correct, but it is a logical conclusion with what we know."

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 11:32 PM
[Green Fields]

"I still maintain that I am not a psychic. Not that I expect you'll believe that. That or you will instead think that I am in denial or simply unaware. No, I will not be testing for anything, before you say it, and no, the Commander is not going to fire me on your recommendation based on Remnant's distrust of psychics." N'alae sure is assuming the worst. Although at least she seems very confident in her not-psychicness.

Doesn't seem to be lying whatsoever, though she did mention the alternatives herself.

"Though I hope will not come to that."

UncleWolf
2013-09-02, 11:36 PM
Green Fields

"There's a difference between a psychic and a psi-sensitive. The latter are people who have a sixth sense about such. Think of it like an animal acting oddly around a natural disaster before it happens." Hicks clarifies, still offering the bourbon from earlier.

"If you are really being targeted though, take a drink. Might be your last. I promise it's good." He says with a wry smile.

5a Violista
2013-09-02, 11:50 PM
[Green Fields]

“See? Now you‘re getting it,“ Harley says in jest. “Before long, I‘ll have you conversing like a pro.“

“Since you asked so nicely, I‘ll tell you a secret,“ says the woman with the scar, in an almost-contraversial whisper. “Any good leader just makes up stuff on the spot when things don‘t go according to plan.“

Harley goes out of whisper-secret mode, and begins to step away from the buffet table. “There. Now you know one of my secrets, and I would like to know one of yours. What‘s the most embarrassing you‘ve ever done?“

Darkcomet
2013-09-02, 11:58 PM
[Green Fields]

"No, thank you. Most drinks that are not blue are rather weak to me. Rather flavorless, really." N'alae seems rather nonchalant about the suggestion that she is about to die. "It is just a feeling, anyway, not entirely dissimilar to one being able to say that they feel like they're being watched. Very minor."

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-03, 12:08 AM
Green Fields

"Hm." It's a firmly neutral grunt, offering no indication of Icarus' opinion on the Fearless Leader's plan. "Hopefully improvisation will not fail you."

Another two sandwiches meet their fate, regardless of spice, to delay the next question as long as possible. But there's no avoiding it forever. "... I went to a party much like this one, with many of the same people attending."

And that, apparently, is the whole story.

GrandDM
2013-09-03, 01:53 AM
Green Fields - Harald & Pat

Magtok raises an eyebrow at the wafer, turning it around in his hands.

"You call yourself lord of over a hundred sentient species, you've offered me wine, and now you're giving me a wafer. Are you trying to make some sort of veiled statement here, Harald? Excuse me if this sounds insulting, as I can't always count on everyone to know the ways of Earth, but do you recognize the implications and imagery involved here?"

"No, I'm afraid not. I really had no intention beyond the surface. It's merely an encrypted data transfer, there's no message beyond what's on the wafer."

[Green Fields]

"Very well, but if you end up going home with another woman you still lose." Obviously. She wags a finger at the other drow. "So let's take a walk around shall we?" Dena quickly scans the room after guys, there had to be some hot interested guy at this party right? They couldn't all be women or creatures.

((Hot guys wanted!!!))

Well, Harald's pretty much as hot as it gets, being genetically engineered for perfection - in terms of characteristics, he's about six two, dark blonde, tanned skin, blue eyes, very muscular. I think Willow is still around, but he's obviously paying her no attention whatsoever.

happyturtle
2013-09-03, 06:01 AM
Green Fields

Green Fields

Arkant tries to hold her arm off. It may appear a bit violent at first, still he tries to not hamr her.

"I'm sorry, but unless you got some protection this is a bad idea. These scales are very sharp and they cut easily through skin. A failed experiment." he sais with a sad smile. He will then follow her.

"Oh, thank you. That could have torn my dress." And that would be terrible! It's a very expensive dress. "What sort of experiment? Are you a scientist or a wizard?" Willow asks.

"No, I'm afraid not. I really had no intention beyond the surface. It's merely an encrypted data transfer, there's no message beyond what's on the wafer."

Well, Harald's pretty much as hot as it gets, being genetically engineered for perfection - in terms of characteristics, he's about six two, dark blonde, tanned skin, blue eyes, very muscular. I think Willow is still around, but he's obviously paying her no attention whatsoever.

He's paying her so little attention that he didn't realize she left. :smalltongue: But for the record, she didn't show the slightest bit of interest in his perfect looks. Her boyfriend is an incubus, after all.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-03, 07:53 AM
[Temple of Purity]

When Astrana enters the temple, she will see a few people on the far side of the room kneeling near the altar. It looks like they're praying. Oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, Allison looks up immediately and directly at the bag. Jean looks up when she sees the high priestess is distracted and spots Astrana too. She waves for her to join them.

[Temple of Purity]

Astrana approaches Jean, relieved that the charm was working as intended. Now she just needed imprint a spell on it. "I'm so glad to see you again, is there anything I can do to help?" She asks Jean.

Gullara
2013-09-03, 08:01 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Oh no, dear. You can join us though, if you like." Jean motions for Astrana to kneel next to her. Allison, meanwhile, still finds herself staring at the bag, but manages to tear her attention away to continue her prayers.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-03, 08:11 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana kneels as well, wondering where this is going. In her head she's looking for explanations for the charm in her bag in case they would search it for some reason. "What are we doing?" She asks quietly.

Gullara
2013-09-03, 08:15 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Simply thanking the Lady for her blessings, asking for her guidance, or whatever you can think of. Say the prayer in your heart and she will hear it." Jean replies quietly.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-03, 08:22 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Oh well. Better pray to keep the illusion up.

Astrana's mind focuses on Valente. She likes to keep him safe but seems unable to judging by the recent chains of events. She can't help but think it might be her fault thanks to all her dealings. Plus, tieflings are said to bring bad luck to people around them, especially their loved ones.

Gullara
2013-09-03, 09:31 AM
[Temple of Purity]

They pray in silence for some time. These people seem like they could pray all night, but eventually they start to stand and head to bed. "Come on, dear. Let me walk with you to your room." Jean offers, but before they can even stand, there's a knock at the door.

Someone hurries over and swings it open. Behind it is an older man, who Astrana will immediately recognize as the disguised Valente. "Hello. I'm looking for Julianne Orcus. I heard she was here."

Lord Magtok
2013-09-03, 11:40 AM
Green Fields - Harald

Aww, that's too bad. Magtok was really hoping it'd turn out he was talking to Space Jesus or something. Oh well, maybe some other time.

"I'm going to need some time before I can give you a final answer, Harald. People I need to confer with, an analysis of the wafer to do, etcetera, etcetera."

Green Fields - Reina

Green Fields - Reina

"My, you sure seem caught up on the idea of me falling all over you." Reina says with a sly grin.

"Anyways, my name is Tiffany." She says, taking the drink and holding it in hand to start with. At least he didn't insist early on without giving her some time to make up a name. She'd have to pull out a name quickly at random and that would have turned out badly somehow.

"And I was a philosophy major in school actually, with a minor in psychology. For all the good it did getting me a job. Not that I suppose it mattered in the end, showing up here and all."

"So you seemed to have modeled yourself after Lex Luthor and Batman. Did your incredible intelligence and top physique draw you to relate to them or was it something else?"

Magtok has a chuckle at his own expense when she says 'top physique.' Ha! A scarcity of fat does not make one physically fit. Our Magtok can run, certainly, and probably lift a decent amount, too, but that's all because of the left side of his body, not the product of any work in a gym, out of some foolhardy desire to compete with the soldiers and swordsmen of the world.

"I like to assume I'm just a little bit preferable to grass and dirt when it comes to things to throw yourself at, sure. The infamous Magtok ego on display, I suppose.

And no, it was something else. Lex and Bat, they fight actual, literal gods. I like their uncompromising stance towards humanity's ability to fight on and remain relevant in a world of gods and monsters. Unimaginably powerful beings that look down on them as if they were ants, which are equaled and trounced without doubt or fear. An especially important message here in the Nexus, as you can imagine. With all the Exalts, apocalypse demons, and everything else it's not hard to feel small and insignificant sometimes. Just have to be careful not to go too far with pride in humanity and be a gross supremacist about it, though."

Magtok, Brian Starling's body hasn't even begun to cool yet. Don't you think it's just a teensy bit too soon to be mocking the dead like that? Jeez.

"So things with finances have been better since you got here? I mean, seeing as you're here and all, dressed to impress, I don't think it'd be too outlandish to assume you didn't show up in our wacky melting pot of a reality in that same dress, or with a handy travel bag in your arms. Nobody ever gets sucked in when they'd be prepared for it."

Philosophy can only get you so far in the real world. I'd imagine it'd be even more precarious out in the Nexus, where lots of that fancy book learning stuff is either handwaved, ignored, or contradicted outright. Seriously, if asked about it, I imagine most businessmen would think the Invisible Hand is some sort of evil ghost mafia or something.

GrandDM
2013-09-03, 11:50 AM
Green Fields - Harald

Aww, that's too bad. Magtok was really hoping it'd turn out he was talking to Space Jesus or something. Oh well, maybe some other time.

"I'm going to need some time before I can give you a final answer, Harald. People I need to confer with, an analysis of the wafer to do, etcetera, etcetera."

"Of course. I was expecting that. If you're satisfied, you can contact me through the satellite network."

He strolls easily off.

Morty
2013-09-03, 02:07 PM
[Green Fields - Eastside Big-Wigs]

"Yes, the gardens have certainly proven to be a pleasing addition to Eastside," the Mayor comments. "The unfortunate matter of AMEN and all they bring with them is an ever-present issue nowadays, of course."

[Green Fields - Dipsnig & c.o.]

"Potentially," Dipsnig tells Dena. "He approached me to express his interest in joining up with us. His credentials sound good, but we do need something more solid."

Beans
2013-09-03, 02:10 PM
[Green Fields]

"Hm." DC glances in the Irregulars' direction briefly before turning back to Douglas. "Interesting. I expect you know me-DC of WATCHTOWER and Evolution Industries. But from one man concerned with such things to another, who here do you think is likely to try to kill someone else here first?"
Carrie, as is her wont, promptly puts on her paranoia pants and glances around at the other guests, eyes darting more than scanning.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-03, 04:57 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana immediately looks up, staring at Valente in feigned disbelief. "Uncle Ruben!" She shouts and rushes forward to hug him. The clergy might remember her mentioning a uncle Ruben at the dinner. He was supposed to be her god-father but she lost connection with him a few years ago after her parents died.

"He looks good, isn't that good enough for ya boss?" Dena asks the goblin with a big smile before turning to Aric himself, offering her hand. "Dena Xifhara, lieutenant of NO. The guy besides me happens to be Kirk Locke, slut of NO. You might have heard of him already." She nods in the direction of the drow besides her.

((Here (http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/KirkandDenabyBeiibis_zpsf154917c.jpg) they both are together. Dena is dressed a dress much like that leather armor at the moment.))

[Green Fields - Eastside Riverside Big-Wigs]

"Thank you for the offer but I assure you Malechenar is as much of a sanctuary against disease as your gardens are. We are quite experienced in dealing with it as you might have guessed. Celestel says. "I'm curious however, while on the subject of AMEN, what is your stance towards the organization Lady Tel'Vree."

Green Fields - Harald

Sadly Dena is busy with Aric at the moment. Not that she didn't see Harald but Aric seemed to be an easier target as he was talking to her boss.

Gullara
2013-09-03, 05:32 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"Julianne! I'm so happy to see you. I heard about your husband, and when I went to your home I found out you came here." 'Uncle Ruben' gives her a hug back. He doesn't say anything else, letting Astrana take the lead.

Kirk chuckles and shakes his head at Dena. "More accurately, I'm also a lieutenant." He'll shake Aric's hand too if given the chance. He gives the potential recruit a hard look, like he doesn't much appreciate Dena's comment and he blames Aric for it. While Kirk may not be very intimidating in stature, he has that look in his eyes like he's killed men before and wouldn't think twice before doing it again.

UncleWolf
2013-09-03, 07:27 PM
Green Fields - Riverside Co.

"Unfortunate, but also shows a point I made at the Forum." Jezebel says as she takes a drink. "I think the time for Factions working against each other is coming to an end. We'll be targeted one at a time by outsiders, or picked off by some internal faction until it's all under one rule. Why continue keeping outselves weak? Why not start a series of pacts and alliances so we can support each other better?"

Green Fields - Romulan

"Mmm. Too bad." Hicks says before he starts sipping his own glass. "Anything else special been going on with you? Sorry for the seemingly too personal question, but we really don't see each other socially, do we?"

5a Violista
2013-09-03, 07:45 PM
[Green Fields] - near to the food table

Harley nods. "That does sound very embarrassing," she says in agreement.

After another pause of drinking and trying to get the burning sensation out of her mouth, Harley confesses, "I don't even know what this party is for, honestly. I just was invited a little last-minute - I mean, I didn't even have time to pick out a good dress - and here I am. By the looks of it, though, it seems like it might be important."

Aric Kale
2013-09-03, 10:45 PM
Green Fields

Aric is the personification of chivalry. This being said, he maintains eye contact with Dena as he takes her hand and kisses it in a courtly manner, eyes never wandering...lower. He then turns to Kirk and shakes his hand, recognizing the elf's gaze. Unfortunately, I have not heard of you before, Kirk. Much the same to you, milady. I am Aric Kale, of the fallen kingdom Alleble. If Kirk looks closely, he will not see a killer intent, nor lustful desires, but a deep, aching sadness; buried behind a smile and a gentle atmosphere.

Darkcomet
2013-09-03, 11:50 PM
[Green Fields]

"I discovered that Trog's Tavern is, at least partially, a holodeck. I realized it while drunk off replicated blue beverages, and I was right. I know because it tried to kill me," N'alae states, entirely nonchalantly.

It seems she's trying to defeat Hicks with the power of 'wut'. None of that is classified, though, so he may or may not have heard of it already.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-04, 12:14 AM
Green Field

"I suspect that things will become clearer in the near future." Icarus says, with the very slightest tone of humor. It's a rather nice feeling, knowing more than other people.

"Although, whether there is any point to these affairs could still be called into doubt... The last one, I recall, was held by that lady there." He points out Jezebel in the crowd, easy enough, as like him she towers over the rest. "Raising money to pay for a local disaster, which I can't say I remember at all."

"But I don't imagine it really matters, because it was all a very silly waste of time. Money is only worth anything to people who don't have it. If they'd wanted to help, really, they would've simply asked for volunteers, but that plan wouldn't have as many fancy clothes or tiny sandwiches." That said, those tiny sandwiches are amazing. It's all he can do not to double back to the buffet table for more.

Zefir
2013-09-04, 01:50 AM
Green Fields

"Oh, thank you. That could have torn my dress." And that would be terrible! It's a very expensive dress. "What sort of experiment? Are you a scientist or a wizard?" Willow asks.

He's paying her so little attention that he didn't realize she left. :smalltongue: But for the record, she didn't show the slightest bit of interest in his perfect looks. Her boyfriend is an incubus, after all.

Green Fields

"Both. I tried to cure a strange magical illness in my homeworld. I needed a test subject and the next one was myself."

[On a Phone]

"I'm unaware of any such between my employees and this company," Dipsnig says. "What makes you say one of my people works for them?"

[On a Phone]

"That's quiet easy. First of I was called at my mobile phone and I wasn't able to give this number to anyone else expect you. Assuming you don't hang them out in public, only for your members, it's likly one of them. Also they offered me the same service we talked about in my contract. I can't belive anyone just guessing would macht this combination. Futhermore they told me that there is a spy. Sadly I wasn't able to get more informations, but I managed to get them doing a test. I can inform you if they call me again and met me. Maybe the spy will be there as well or at least the person in contact."

Ashen Lilies
2013-09-04, 06:12 AM
[Green Fields]

KR-15's human body could be considered quite attractive, if Dena's into skinny Animesque pretty boys. He smiles as he receives DC's telepathic accusation and strolls casually towards him, champagne in hand, though it appears to have been untouched.
Nobody knew? Or just you? Maybe you're not as omniscient as you hoped.

Magtok may have noticed that the green lady has been glancing at him rather frequently over the course of the past half-hour, though hasn't made any move to approach him as of yet, at least until Harald leaves, at which point she makes her way towards her, doing her best to look as business-like as possible, despite her attire. The slight aside glance to Patricia as she approaches might explain why.

The red-haired woman is... still around, I guess. I didn't really notice any open scenes to stick her in.
*shrug*

[The First Circle of Hell]

The imps immediately cower, slapped in the face by the force of Decker's diabolical authority, and the one on the left instinctively starts to hover back towards his guard post by the throne room entrance.

However, his companion seems to be a little braver and smarter, taking a few moments to gather his wit before flying upwards slightly.
"But... but... you's intruder! We's must also report intruders!" He cries, half imperious and half terrified, raising a trembling polearm and raising it against Decker.
Please to... please to... please to surrender! Boss must knows of intruder!"

happyturtle
2013-09-04, 06:15 AM
Green Fields

Green Fields

"Both. I tried to cure a strange magical illness in my homeworld. I needed a test subject and the next one was myself."

"Ah. How... unfortunate," Willow says. She sees the green-haired woman (the one played by BR, not the one played by Kris :smalltongue:) and steers Arkant that way. "This is Cat. We roleplay together. Cat, this is Arkant. He experiments on himself."

First Circle of Hell

"Oh please. I'm not an intruder. I went to school here!" Decker says. "How about let's pretend I surrendered and you take me wherever you would take someone who surrenders?" She can't really surrender! Her dad would be so ashamed!

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 07:44 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Julianne! I'm so happy to see you. I heard about your husband, and when I went to your home I found out you came here." 'Uncle Ruben' gives her a hug back. He doesn't say anything else, letting Astrana take the lead.

[Temple of Purity]

Astrana looks to be about to say something but suddenly stop herself. "Let's talk in my room okay? I have a lot to tell you." She says solemnly.

The tiefling then turns to the priestesses. "May I be excused? We might have a lot to talk about."

Gullara
2013-09-04, 07:55 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Of course. Take as long as you need. If no one is around when you're done, just show him out yourself." Jean says. And with that, Valente will accompany Astrana wherever she leads.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 08:11 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana will lead him to her room and then lock the door after him after making sure there is no one standing around outside.
If she manages all that she let's out a sigh of relief. "Sylph, dispel my illusion and then go and hide outside the room. If anyone approaches, come and warn us." She orders the imp.

If she does so, it will be revealed that the tiefling really has dressed up for the occasion. She's wearing a black dress that is so thin it's literally see-through with an V-neck that appears to be sewn into the black silky push-up bra that can be seen through. She appears to have intentionally picked a too small one for the occasion along with a very scantily bottom which barely fits as well.

The tiefling isn't done yet however, she need to do more thing before she's done. Out of the bag she takes out an black flute and a marker pen. "Just one second, you can remove your illusion while you wait." Astrana suggests.

Gullara
2013-09-04, 08:20 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Valente looks at the imp, but his attention is instantly dragged away when he sees what Astrana is wearing. "Whoa..." Okay, wow. Where was Astrana hiding that?

He doesn't even bother questioning the imp he's so distracted. Sylv just snickers and flies off. "Try not to make her scream too loud, stud."

Valente coughs and sets about removing the illusion. Once he's done, he looks at Astrana again, a faint blush colouring his face still. "Wow Astrana. You look amazing." He compliments.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 08:32 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Thanks, it is a bit uncomfortable though so you have to hurry to remove it once I'm done." She teases him as her tail, now released from it's stiff hold around her own leg gives Valente's rump a light smack.

The tiefling then dives under the bed quickly to draw a small circle underneath which can't be easily seen unless you think to look under the bed. Carefully making the glyphs she eventually comes out again. "Hold on..." She cautions before reciting the hymn of the unspeakable, the eater of words, the destroyer of knowledge, as she holds the flute in her hands.

Valente will likely not understand a single word of it but it doesn't sound like it could be anything good. Finishing the hymn the flute starts to glow very faintly. It'd be easy to miss if the room hadn't been so poorly lit.

Seeing it's reaction Astrana lifts the flute to her mouth and blows air into it. But no sounds actually come out. It's a perfectly silent melody that invokes the power of the word eater. Valente will feel as if a wool suddenly falls over him as his girlfriend eventually stops playing. "It's done." She finishes.

Morty
2013-09-04, 08:43 AM
[On a Phone]

"That's quiet easy. First of I was called at my mobile phone and I wasn't able to give this number to anyone else expect you. Assuming you don't hang them out in public, only for your members, it's likly one of them. Also they offered me the same service we talked about in my contract. I can't belive anyone just guessing would macht this combination. Futhermore they told me that there is a spy. Sadly I wasn't able to get more informations, but I managed to get them doing a test. I can inform you if they call me again and met me. Maybe the spy will be there as well or at least the person in contact."

Dipsnig sighs.

"That's conjecture, not proof. Someone could have stolen the number from you, or from us, and decided to steal this job from us. But very well. I will investigate and see if I can track down the source."

"You know it takes more than that, Dena," Dipsnig says. His ears flick irritably. He can tell this is all a part of some new game Dena is playing, although this time Kirk isn't a part of it, or at least not willingly. Which is weird, since he of all people shouldn't be bothered by Dena getting laid with someone else.

[Green Fields - Eastside Riverside Big-Wigs]

"That's true. We managed to avoid a much greater calamity on AMEN's hands because we cooperated, and forced them to take an empty patch of land instead of part of one of our districts. While true unity might be off the table, it did prove the value of cooperation more than anything."

Gullara
2013-09-04, 09:06 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Valente was going to ask what she was doing right away, but the sight of her butt while she was bent under the bed was a bit distracting. Her butt is practically bursting out of the material. How could he not stare.

He clears his head when Astrana stands again, and pays closer attention to what she's doing. "What was that?" He asks in a hushed voice. There's so much that Astrana can do that he has no idea what it is.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 10:36 AM
[Green Fields - Riverside Big-Wigs]

"There was a lot of talk like that in the forum as well but no one actually agreed to anything as I recall. People seemed quite satisfied with being on their own turf. But if that sentiment have change, we're willing to negotiate what you suggest Lady Tel'Vree. We have always been open to cooperation with the other factions." Celestel declares.

"That's too bad boss, we need more pretty people in NO. You, Kirk and I alone can't keep up to the other organizations beauty standards forever." Dena says in a melodramatic tone as she let's Aric kiss her hand. She was going to ask about the possibility of Rilla being hired under such standards but she doesn't want to dance too close to the fire. :smalltongue:

"But such chivalry, I almost expect you to carry me away on a white horse." She then tells Aric in the very same melodramatic tone, as if she would be some innocent maiden. "You're a rare breed Lord Kale, far too few men and women appreciate your gestures these days." She briefly turns her head towards Kirk and smiles.

[Temple of Purity]

The tiefling puts away her flute before getting up from the floor. "Just a ritual to keep us from being heard. You can scream as loud as you want and no one outside will ever hear you." Astrana explains before slowly walking up to him with an exaggerated sway to her hips.

"So... where were we?" She asks, raising her eyebrow dramatically as she poses the question, stopping right in front of him in a pose that leaves her chest thrust forward and her hand on her hip. It wasn't the most comfortable of poses but she didn't expect to be in it for long. Hopefully it would have the intended effect.

Gullara
2013-09-04, 10:55 AM

Aric isn't out of the woods yet, but Kirk's expression does soften some. Apparently Aric's behaviour is acceptable! Yay! "I'm sure if he puts a little effort into it, he'll get his chance to join is. Isn't that right, Aric?"

As for Dena, Kirk gives her an amused look. He all but rolls his eyes. "It's tragic, really."

[Temple of Purity]

Valente sure seems to enjoy the view. He grins and steps forward to whap her arms around her. "Let me see. I think we were going to the bed next." He kisses her briefly and maneuvers her back and onto the bed. He quickly ditches the bulk of his clothes so he can join here there. He doesn't waste any time before the curtain falls around them.

But not for very long. The two of them are naked together, and things have gotten pretty heated, but... Well, Valente is having some, ahem, performance issues. He's really embarrassed about it, too, and despite his best efforts, he has to admit it. "Um, I think I'm... having a little trouble." This has never happened before!

Aric Kale
2013-09-04, 11:52 AM
Green Fields ~ Dipsnig and Co.

Aric is pleased by Kirk's seeming approval. He chuckles and replies to Dena in an equally theatrical fashion, before responding in a more serious tone to Kirk. Alas, no white horses, though perhaps a unicorn. People say chivalry is dead, but I know of too many resurrection spells to believe it.
Indeed, sir Kirk, If I set my mind to something, there's no stopping.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-04, 11:58 AM
[Green Fields]

Magtok may have noticed that the green lady has been glancing at him rather frequently over the course of the past half-hour, though hasn't made any move to approach him as of yet, at least until Harald leaves, at which point she makes her way towards her, doing her best to look as business-like as possible, despite her attire. The slight aside glance to Patricia as she approaches might explain why.

'Oh look, it's Poison Ivy,' Magtok would say, if he was a more reckless and stupid individual. Thankfully he's not, so the green-skinned alien babe who might or might not have super-hearing powers goes uninsulted. For now, anyways. Let's keep things civil, at least until the other team steps out of line first.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 02:52 PM
[Temple of Purity]

At first Astrana feels a bit irritated, of all the times and all the places... this was supposed to be the easy part and that's what they had trouble with? She had prepared for this with clothes and everything and suddenly he couldn't perform. It was the only thing he needed to do right!

The tiefling let's out a small sigh, now she was just being stupid. She just needed to find the problem and fix it. "Is it the location Val? Because no one can hear us here. We're completely sealed off." Astrana attempts. Her own words brings ideas to life, could it be that the Lady really was resisting her efforts somehow? The intervention of a god?

She really hoped that wasn't the reason since she didn't want to feel worse about this than she already felt. "But if you really feel you can't do it here..." No need to force it really.

Reinholdt
2013-09-04, 04:18 PM
Green Fields - Reina

Magtok has a chuckle at his own expense when she says 'top physique.' Ha! A scarcity of fat does not make one physically fit. Our Magtok can run, certainly, and probably lift a decent amount, too, but that's all because of the left side of his body, not the product of any work in a gym, out of some foolhardy desire to compete with the soldiers and swordsmen of the world.

"I like to assume I'm just a little bit preferable to grass and dirt when it comes to things to throw yourself at, sure. The infamous Magtok ego on display, I suppose.

And no, it was something else. Lex and Bat, they fight actual, literal gods. I like their uncompromising stance towards humanity's ability to fight on and remain relevant in a world of gods and monsters. Unimaginably powerful beings that look down on them as if they were ants, which are equaled and trounced without doubt or fear. An especially important message here in the Nexus, as you can imagine. With all the Exalts, apocalypse demons, and everything else it's not hard to feel small and insignificant sometimes. Just have to be careful not to go too far with pride in humanity and be a gross supremacist about it, though."

Magtok, Brian Starling's body hasn't even begun to cool yet. Don't you think it's just a teensy bit too soon to be mocking the dead like that? Jeez.

"So things with finances have been better since you got here? I mean, seeing as you're here and all, dressed to impress, I don't think it'd be too outlandish to assume you didn't show up in our wacky melting pot of a reality in that same dress, or with a handy travel bag in your arms. Nobody ever gets sucked in when they'd be prepared for it."

Philosophy can only get you so far in the real world. I'd imagine it'd be even more precarious out in the Nexus, where lots of that fancy book learning stuff is either handwaved, ignored, or contradicted outright. Seriously, if asked about it, I imagine most businessmen would think the Invisible Hand is some sort of evil ghost mafia or something.

Green Fields - Reina

"Fighting against those who claim superiority. I can certainly appreciate that, yes." Reina is quiet for a moment or two and takes the lightest of sips from her drink.

"Anyways, I was getting close to broke and starving when I went into this tavern. There were flashing red lights, a horrific battle between the oddest creatures and an admixture of every day objects and the next thing I knew money and jewels was literally pouring out the ceiling. I grabbed as much as I could and swore never to end up in that state again. Not that I will for a good long while."

Gullara
2013-09-04, 05:56 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Valent looks down at his hands, far to embarrassed to meet her eye. "Honestly, I want to... But I guess the location is kind of off putting." He admits. The whole thing is pretty weird, but he was trying to put it out of his mind. At the end of the days it's just sex with the woman he loves, and that's not so bad.

Then an idea strikes him! He shoulda thought of this before. He poses the idea to Astrana, but it's far too inappropriate for these forums! But it'll bypass the issue entirely.

The Valley

Marcus was used to heavy air, marching with thousands of sweaty men was not a pleasant or refreshing aroma. However, the black crystals and the twisted birds definitely put him on guard...

[Valley of Corruption]

Conrack keeps his hand on his sword, to ease his nervousness. Bird-things are unusual, but expected. After all, there were birds here before, so it only makes sense that they were corrupted.

He only hopes that they remain perched there like normal birds, ignoring them.

[Valley of Corruption]

The elemental keeps a wary eye on the strange birds. The vortex of water inside of her brows more fierce aws she readies herself to unleash it on any would be foe. Maybe they'll get lucky, though...

Shadowcaller
2013-09-04, 07:04 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"Umm..." Astrana looks questioningly at Valente. Apparently he knew more about sex, she had never even heard of such a thing before. "Are you sure you want to do that?" It sounded a bit gross.

FireFox
2013-09-04, 09:34 PM
[Green Fields]

"Hm." DC glances in the Irregulars' direction briefly before turning back to Douglas. "Interesting. I expect you know me-DC of WATCHTOWER and Evolution Industries. But from one man concerned with such things to another, who here do you think is likely to try to kill someone else here first?"

Why, the host of course. Douglas looks around at everyone present. An unknown group with plenty of armed guards inviting everyone for some unknown purpose? Magtok is like a scared animal right now: he'll lash out madly if attacked, but he won't start anything. Remnant values the status quo to much to pick fights. The Altarans sent a diplomat, which shows they're more interested in diplomacy than direct actions. Of course, if she were to suddenly depart, some might watch the sky with anxious eyes. AMEN is stupid and crazy enough to try something, true, but they have more pressing concerns at the moment. I admit that I don't know any of the other representatives or individuals present, but nobody appears to have murderous intent. He reflects on what he said for a moment. Oh, and Watchtower prefers to fight on their own terms, do you not? Yes, I'm sure that, were anyone here to be attacked, the host would be responsible.

Beans
2013-09-04, 09:44 PM
[Green Fields]
I'd really prefer that nobody dies. I am off-duty after all, and hopefully I can stay that way for the duration of this gathering... Carrie jokes halfheartedly, a laugh dying before it gets out.
Ahahaoh balls this is all going to get skunked at once, isn't it?

5a Violista
2013-09-04, 09:53 PM
*notices that I haven't replied yet*
[Green Fields] - in the which Harley meets Icarus

Harley agrees, "Yeah, I hate the meetings that only ask for money and not help, especially when they obviously already have money," as demonstrated by the fancy clothes and comfy chairs.

The now-leader of AMEN looks across the large group of people. "Do you suppose any of these would feel slighted if I didn't bother talking with them? I mean, sure, as a leader, I'm supposed to play diplomatic games with everybody, but I'm not sure I'm quite in the mood to talk to everybody." Plus, she can't think of enough nasty things to do to everybody.

Darkcomet
2013-09-04, 10:03 PM
[Green Fields]

"I certainly would not pick a fight when those I would rather not anger are present, no." DC seems a bit distracted suddenly, mostly because he's glancing at that guy over there approaching them. "Urgh."

I'll be sure to ask the host at my earliest opportunity. In the meantime, please turn around before you suddenly 'misjudge your own strength from inexperience with organic bodies and shatter your glass'. Before you ask how I make airquotes in telepathic communications, I simply can.

FireFox
2013-09-04, 10:19 PM
[Green Fields]

Don't worry, dear. If I truly expected danger, I would have brought Kyne instead of yourself. But since he's here to be diplomatic... Carrie is a much better choice. You are, of course, free to leave if you do feel threatened. He turns back to DC, raising an eyebrow. Is something the matter?

Beans
2013-09-04, 10:49 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie's eyes follow DC's glance over to the approaching person, though she still wonders where the host WHO'S GOING TO MURDER EVERYONE IN THE FACE is. Is that him? Is her face in danger of murderation? Should she have worn this particular tie?

The Bushranger
2013-09-04, 11:33 PM
Green Fields

"Ah. How... unfortunate," Willow says. She sees the green-haired woman (the one played by BR, not the one played by Kris :smalltongue:) and steers Arkant that way. "This is Cat. We roleplay together. Cat, this is Arkant. He experiments on himself."

"Pleased to meet you," Cat says to Arkant with a politely interested smile, before leaning in and muttering, sotto voce, to Willow. "I'm not technically supposed to be here," she declares, in the tone of one who is sharing an extremely amusing fact.

'Rebecca', meanwhile, has quietly excused herself, and is wandering a bit. One wonders if Magtok might recognise her...

Zefir
2013-09-05, 02:07 AM
Dipsnig sighs.

"That's conjecture, not proof. Someone could have stolen the number from you, or from us, and decided to steal this job from us. But very well. I will investigate and see if I can track down the source."

[Phone]

"I know, but the combination is just to close. Also I never mentioned this job anywhere. These people must at last stalked into NO to get these information. If there is anything I can help you, don't hesitate to call me."

Green Fields

"Pleased to meet you," Cat says to Arkant with a politely interested smile, before leaning in and muttering, sotto voce, to Willow. "I'm not technically supposed to be here," she declares, in the tone of one who is sharing an extremely amusing fact.

'Rebecca', meanwhile, has quietly excused herself, and is wandering a bit. One wonders if Magtok might recognise her...

Green Fields

"Please to meet you as well" Arkant replies with a slight bow.

"I'm not doing this frequently, just so you know." He tells to Willow trying to make it sound annoyed, but in the funny way.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-05, 07:00 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"That was a random encounter, if I'm not mistaken. Strange, they usually reject people from collecting the loot if they don't personally involve themselves in the combat somehow. Or maybe that's just the rules for the magic items, I dunno."

Magtok doesn't press the matter further. She doesn't seem the fighting type, and if she did, it was probably in self-defense, and not the sort of memory she'd enjoy looking back on. He sips at his drink for a moment or two, quietly contemplating her response in regards to the superhero thing, and the possible subtle jab contained within. Soon enough, he finally breaks the silence himself, raising an eyebrow at the Samus Aran wannabe.

"...You do know my whole ego thing is just an act, right? The MagMart, MagCave, MagMobile, MagCorp thing, that it's just absurd self-parody? Nobody is that egocentric, not even me. I play a character who thinks he's inherently better than everyone else because it's fun and entertaining and despite all expectations to the contrary, makes for a surprisingly good corporate mascot."

Also, no, he hasn't the slightest clue who that Rebecca person is. She came with Jezebel, so probably just another Mask NPC, right?

happyturtle
2013-09-05, 07:04 AM
Green Fields

Green Fields

Green Fields

"I'm not doing this frequently, just so you know." He tells to Willow trying to make it sound annoyed, but in the funny way.

"But you are here. That's good enough. Although, *tsk* I wish you'd called me first. I could have given you some help with your hair." Cat's outfit is reprehensible, but the hair is worse! Willow is being tactful by only mentioning one of Cat's fashion sins.

Gullara
2013-09-05, 07:55 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Sure, it's worth a try." Valente says. And then with some almost completely unknowledgeable instruction, the curtain falls again. It's not the quick curtain Astrana is hoping for, though. No, something comes over Astrana, and Valente to a lesser effect. The two are consumed in a passionate, wild lust, completely beyond their own drives.

At some point awareness escaped them, and Astrana is the first to wake to the sound of Sylv practically yelling at her. "Wake up, dammit. You've got company. Goldilocks is coming this way and she has a key." The imp warns. It's still very late at night and Sylv offers no more explanation as she goes to listen at the door.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 08:00 AM
Green Fields - Reina

Reina waves her hand, brushing the issue aside. "Don't misunderstand, I was referring mostly to those governments and organizations that force their ideals on us and those evil psychopaths with power who make the prior governments and organizations a near necessity. I'm more than used to brand names." Even if they can get irritating.

"How did you decide on Magtok anyways? Were you born Lord Magtok, prince of a lost land?"

Morty
2013-09-05, 08:24 AM
[Valley of Corruption]

The elemental keeps a wary eye on the strange birds. The vortex of water inside of her brows more fierce aws she readies herself to unleash it on any would be foe. Maybe they'll get lucky, though...

The party's hopes of passing beneath the birds' notice turn out to be vain. Three figures take off from the edge and swoop down the valley in their direction. It looks as though they used to be vultures, but now their heads are replaced with multi-faceted crystals ending in razor-sharp beaks and disgusting growths cover their bodies, making them bigger than any natural vulture. Their tails also appear to end in sharp pincers. Their new proportions, or lack thereof, should make them unable to fly. Apparently, it's not a problem.

[Phone]

"I know, but the combination is just to close. Also I never mentioned this job anywhere. These people must at last stalked into NO to get these information. If there is anything I can help you, don't hesitate to call me."

"I will," Dipsnig says, and hangs up unless his employer has something else to say.

Dipsnig snorts. He manages to be diplomatic and not mention how he considers chivalry to be a set of rules telling humans when it's appropriate to get themselves killed.

"How kind of you to number me among the attractive ones, Dena. But you forgot Rilla."

Lord Magtok
2013-09-05, 09:47 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"Ha! That's the strangest thing, actually. I had a memory wipe done on myself way, way, waaaaaay back, so I actually have no clue. Well okay, not entirely clueless, but-" Magtok shrugs, and gulps down some more wine.

"Alright, so Winslow Warwick? He says he knows me from back in the day, that I was an intern of his named Thomas Godlark, before I stole all the research and stuff we'd done on synthesizing and reverse engineering the human brain. Memory wipes can never be totally perfect and precise, so since that sounds true and such in my head, I suppose it is. The only problem is, I don't know for sure if Thomas Godlark was my real name, which was later turned into an anagram, Lord Magtok, or if Thomas Godlark itself was an anagram of my villain identity, an alias I was just using while undercover in that laboratory. I don't feel like a Thomas, I don't think of myself as a Tom sort of guy, so...I don't know!"

Mag grins, apparently completely unbothered by this bizarre mystery that will never go solved. He also seems to be totally overlooking the possibility that he may have became Magtok because he never felt like Thomas was the right name for himself.

"I hear Reinholdt and Vyrn are princes of lost lands, though. Not sure how you can have traditional monarchies and sophisticated rifle technology, though. You'd think, with guns being the great equalizer and all, they'd both have been overthrown long before lasers or sniper rifle scopes were being manufactured."

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-05, 12:50 PM
Green Fields

"I can't say I know their thoughts, or want to." Icarus looks out at the various dignitaries, without much fondness for any of them. "But I'd guess most of them already hate you: HALO is your sworn enemy, NO is attempting to levvy an embargo, WATCH may be at war with you."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-05, 02:41 PM
Green Fields

The wandering Rebecca will be approached by an attractive aasimar woman with long, silver hair and golden irises. Her skin is quite pale, and she's clad in a suit of platemail armour, which despite being plated in gold (or something gold-coloured, at least) was designed with practicality in mind and therefore hides much of her figure. Over the top of the armour is a black tabard with a white centipede emblazoned upon it, and at her waist hangs a short rod.

Azurelle will attempt to take Rebecca's hand and bow to kiss it. "Good day, milady. I am Azurelle D'Langley, of the Order of the Centipede. Could you grace my ears with your name?"

5a Violista
2013-09-05, 05:26 PM
Green Fields

"Hmm," replies Harley, officially walking away from the buffet table, trying to decide which one would be the most interesting to talk to. Which one would give the best reaction?

((Is there anyone who wants to be talked at? I would have her interject a statement with the Riverside people, but I'm afraid that Harley probably knows more about Riverside than I do.))

Valley of Corruption

Conrack grits his lupine teeth as the bird-crystals swoop at them. Under his breath, he interjects some word in frustration; why do these birds have to fly at them?

He holds his sword out, ready to parry and riposte as soon as the birds attack him.

Aric Kale
2013-09-05, 05:37 PM
The Valley of Corruption

Marcus ducks behind his shield, stabbing upwards at the birds in an attempt to ward them off. Not expecting this to work, his jabs will soon be delivered with a lethal intent.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-05, 05:42 PM

((I'll post here later. Too tired right now.))

[Temple of Purity]

It takes a few moments for Astrana to come to her senses, but once she do all time lost come back with an vengeance. Nabrius had honestly lied to her for this? Before she even started working for him? Geez.

Well, no sense keeping her part of the deal either then. Sleepily she looks at the imp, her whole body felt sore and exhausted but she had to force herself to move on. Some adrenaline would make it easier. "Is she alone?" Astrana asks before literally crawling out of the bed, falling to the floor with a slam. Ouch.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-05, 06:20 PM
Green Fields

Icarus makes no move to follow, hanging back at the buffet table. He simply doesn't have much else to say to AMEN for the time being. Instead he waits and observes, tracking the other individuals at the party, listening in on what he can of their conversations.

A little known fact is that Excelsior's commanders have amazing hearing.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 07:56 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"Ha! That's the strangest thing, actually. I had a memory wipe done on myself way, way, waaaaaay back, so I actually have no clue. Well okay, not entirely clueless, but-" Magtok shrugs, and gulps down some more wine.

"Alright, so Winslow Warwick? He says he knows me from back in the day, that I was an intern of his named Thomas Godlark, before I stole all the research and stuff we'd done on synthesizing and reverse engineering the human brain. Memory wipes can never be totally perfect and precise, so since that sounds true and such in my head, I suppose it is. The only problem is, I don't know for sure if Thomas Godlark was my real name, which was later turned into an anagram, Lord Magtok, or if Thomas Godlark itself was an anagram of my villain identity, an alias I was just using while undercover in that laboratory. I don't feel like a Thomas, I don't think of myself as a Tom sort of guy, so...I don't know!"

Mag grins, apparently completely unbothered by this bizarre mystery that will never go solved. He also seems to be totally overlooking the possibility that he may have became Magtok because he never felt like Thomas was the right name for himself.

"I hear Reinholdt and Vyrn are princes of lost lands, though. Not sure how you can have traditional monarchies and sophisticated rifle technology, though. You'd think, with guns being the great equalizer and all, they'd both have been overthrown long before lasers or sniper rifle scopes were being manufactured."

Green Fields - Reina

"From my understanding, it would have been so much better for everyone if they both would have been overthrown and shot long ago. It's a shame." Reina takes a drink a bit more boldly now.

"But that's not true in the Nexus, is it? What with the gods, demons, and eldritch creatures right? Am I just missing it? Is there some great equalizer here or are guns the best we get to hope for?"

UncleWolf
2013-09-05, 08:11 PM
Green Fields - N'alae

Hicks nods. "That reminds me of...dammit, that one restaurant. Enchante? The place where you got to pick the theme?" He wonders out loud, tilting his head in thought as he tries to remember if that's the place or not. "Whatever the name, I should head there again. There are some neat choices. Have you been there?"

Green Fields - Riverside

"Well, perhaps East, West, and North should gather together for another forum?" Jezebel suggests. "If we need a location, The Lotus Gardens could work. I can bring music, food, and anything anyone else desires. I'm rather good at finding such given time. I've been thinking about hosting a banquet someday soon anyway." She admits with a small smile.

Darkcomet
2013-09-05, 08:29 PM
[Green Fields]

"No. And before you ask, no, I am not interested, and your continued attempts at subverting my impartiality will be in my report." For some reason, a scowl crosses N'alae's face briefly, followed by (most likely incomprehensible due to being in a language I doubt many around would know) muttering. <"I sound like a Vulcan.">

"Not that I expect your organization will take the complaint seriously this time, either."

Gullara
2013-09-05, 09:02 PM
[Temple of Purity]

When Astrana hits the floor, Valente sits up fast and looks around. "What's going on?" Jeez, what the heck happened... He pulls the blanket over him a bit more when he sees Sylv is here. Okay, something's up, that's for sure. He just has to wait to find out what.

"Looks that way. She's sneaking around int he dark for some reason. No idea what she's up to, but I'm willing to bet it's got to do with you. You're done here, right? Let's bail." The imp urges. They can probably squeeze out of the window, though it's not very big.

[Valley of Corruption]

Well, it was too much to hope for. It'll be the elemental that gets to fire the first shot. A the birds near, she puts out both her hands. Two powerful jets of water, one from each hand, shoot toward one of the birds.

UncleWolf
2013-09-05, 09:21 PM
Green Fields - N'alae

Hicks starts to speak, but stops after a moment, choosing his words very carefully, though they're still quite rough and thickened by a human accent. <No. They...quirk their eyebrow. Never frown.> The Intelligence Officer says before smiling.

"Terrible, I know, but I'm required to research and practice the languages of those I work with. Also, I wasn't suggesting we go. Just you. If you don't get to go along, how would you ever get a chance to research the place?"

Darkcomet
2013-09-05, 09:57 PM
[Green Fields]

"You seem to have studied more than languages, if you recognized that specific species and habits associated with them. I do not believe those from our galaxy are very common here. I certainly have not heard of any of those in particular, but then, I have not dug through the entirety of the civilian population for them. Any further 'study' and I suspect I may have grounds to press stalking charges, and I doubt your organization wants to deal with the PR disaster that would cause," N'alae replies, rather coldly. It's clearly evident she's getting rather suspicious here.

"Unless of course they want you to look like a veruul, but I doubt that."

That word there being a rather unpleasant term that ought to remain untranslated.

UncleWolf
2013-09-05, 10:13 PM
Green Fields - N'alae

The man raises an eyebrow at that point, but she doesn't get to see that. "Let me rephrase that. I'm a diplomat. It is my job to study the societies and interactions of the various races and cultures I speak with, lest I insult them unwittingly. If I was choosing to stalk you, I wouldn't have let it known that I'm learning about you, would I? Nor would I be meeting you at formal events when I would have better luck catching you unguarded away from such. Your race isn't the only one that I choose to learn of, nor should it be. If you think you are special in this case, you're sorely mistaken." He says in a neutral tone.

"What is special is that you truly are the first known Romulan here. However, that doesn't mean it's impossible to research. Merely incredibly difficult."

Lord Magtok
2013-09-05, 10:37 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"From my understanding, it would have been so much better for everyone if they both would have been overthrown and shot long ago. It's a shame." Reina takes a drink a bit more boldly now.

"But that's not true in the Nexus, is it? What with the gods, demons, and eldritch creatures right? Am I just missing it? Is there some great equalizer here or are guns the best we get to hope for?"

"Not one great equalizer, no. There's too many counters for this or that, no singular thing that will balance out every fight. The upside to that is everyone is absolutely fudging terrified of what everyone else might be able to do, though.

Peter might be capable of shooting lasers out of his hands at Paul, but John's got his back with a big scary ball of superheated magical fire. Suddenly Luke gets involved with his telekinesis and about half a dozen hovering butcher knives, and then it's anybody's fight after that. Groups like Remnant can only defend against so many things in so many ways; there's bound to be loopholes, vulnerabilities, and weaknesses if people look hard enough."

Magtok shrugs. "Not that I'm doing any of the hard looks these days, though. I always figured I'd wring some clever use out of the AMENites if I waited as second-in-command long enough, but that's all fallen apart now. I think I'm going to need another hobby or something."

Darkcomet
2013-09-05, 11:03 PM
[Green Fields]

"Yes, no doubt it involved tracking down those familiar with us, bombarding them with questions and trawling through their computer records. Thus, it is approaching unpleasant territory when you practically perform a criminal investigation in order to learn about a single non-criminal individual, though it may be somewhat excused given my current position and that it may not remain a single individual." Though Hicks is likely aware that the Romulans are not known for respecting privacy like that themselves. How odd. Perhaps she's just decent at respecting more local laws. Or it's standard paranoia. Or the lack of privacy leads them to value it when they can have it. Or the possibility that knowledge of her species's reputation will make her job harder. Or perhaps multiple of these things.

N'alae isn't saying.

"I suppose I can only hope suspicion stemming from what you may have learned does not damage Remnant-Irregular coordination in the future."

Well, that's something.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 08:09 AM

Dipsnig snorts. He manages to be diplomatic and not mention how he considers chivalry to be a set of rules telling humans when it's appropriate to get themselves killed.

"How kind of you to number me among the attractive ones, Dena. But you forgot Rilla."

Green Fields ~ Dipsnig and Co.

Aric is pleased by Kirk's seeming approval. He chuckles and replies to Dena in an equally theatrical fashion, before responding in a more serious tone to Kirk. Alas, no white horses, though perhaps a unicorn. People say chivalry is dead, but I know of too many resurrection spells to believe it.
Indeed, sir Kirk, If I set my mind to something, there's no stopping.

Aric isn't out of the woods yet, but Kirk's expression does soften some. Apparently Aric's behaviour is acceptable! Yay! "I'm sure if he puts a little effort into it, he'll get his chance to join is. Isn't that right, Aric?"

As for Dena, Kirk gives her an amused look. He all but rolls his eyes. "It's tragic, really."

"You ought to try it sometimes Kirk-y, you need to update your repertoire, get a new set of clothes, keep things fresh." Dena urges him before returning her attention to Aric and Dipsnig. "Ah, of course. Aric, Rilla is the boss sweetheart. An absolutely brilliant woman who engineered her way into our boss heart. Why didn't you bring her to the party?" Dena asks the goblin in a curious tone.

Green Fields - Riverside

"Perhaps if it was handled differently than last time. The forum was simply dreadful. Everyone was shouting and no one agreed to anything. I would rather discuss things in small groups like this. Much more pleasant. I also urge you to not invite AMEN to such an event. I think invading the city by force disqualifies you from joining." The noble suggests in a firm tone.

[Temple of Purity]

Alone?

Suddenly Astrana felt fully awake, her mind going through the possibilities. Why did she go to her room alone?

She didn't have much time though, a plan had to be made. "Val, get out the window." She orders her boyfriend, giving him a quick kiss. "Just go home, I'll be fine." She will hand him the orb that presumably ended up on the floor.

She then goes to get her bag to get the charm. "Sylv, will have I time to get my clothes on?" She asks while making a new carving in the charm, changing it's purpose slightly.

Gullara
2013-09-06, 09:22 AM

Kirk doesn't need new clothes! He has many different suits and an array of shirts! And shoes, and ties, and even a few alternate hats!

"Something tells me that this isn't Rilla's kind of party, Dena." Kirk says and shifts closer to her so he can put a hand on her waist. "Wouldn't want to drag her away from her work for this, eh boss?" He says, glancing at Dipsnig.

[Temple of Purity]

"...Alright, Astrana. Come home soon." Valente kisses her back. He grabs his clothes and only takes enough time to put on his pants before squeezing his way out the window. He doesn't leave without worries, but it really doesn't look like anyone here would actually hurt her.

In the meantime, Slyv replies. "If you're quick about it. But if you're staying just hurry up." She urges.

GrandDM
2013-09-06, 10:38 AM
Green Fields

Harald is standing on the edge of the party, watching everyone and sipping his glass of wine, holding the bottle in his other hand.

((Interaction Wanted!))

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 10:45 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"I will." Astrana hastily tells Valente as she is busy throwing on her dress.

"Put back the illusion once I'm dressed or she starts turning the key, whatever comes first." She orders the imp while dressing.

If she manages to do it before the door opens she'll quickly lay down in bed (assuming Sylv casts the illusion on her) and pretends to be sleeping, hiding the dagger underneath the bed cloth and the charm on her person.

Devixer
2013-09-06, 10:50 AM
Green Fields - Harald

There's a man in a business suit that hasn't done much talking at all, has turned his gaze towards Harald. There isn't much of any emotion behind it.

GrandDM
2013-09-06, 10:55 AM
Green Fields - Harald

He notices the gaze and ambles over.

"Good evening."

Gullara
2013-09-06, 10:57 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana has just enough time to throw on her clothes and get under the covers before the key turns in the lock and the door slides open quietly. Sylv is hiding in the corner of the room rather than with Astrana, but the illusion is as complete as ever.

Allison stands silhouetted in the dim light outside of the room for a moment before she takes one step inside. "Julianne?" She says uncertainly. She's obviously unsure about what she's doing, but determined none the less. "Are you awake?"

Devixer
2013-09-06, 11:03 AM
Green Fields - Harald

"Greetings. You are?" His voice is a near monotone, like someone trying to be social.

GrandDM
2013-09-06, 11:06 AM
Green Fields - Harald

"Harald. Doctor Harald. You?"

Devixer
2013-09-06, 11:56 AM
Green Fields - Harald

"Merrick Hayes. Just a business man." Merrick keeps glowering at Harald. "And what exactly are you a doctor of?"

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 12:12 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana turns around then slowly raises from the bed. "Your highness?" She asks the high priestess.

Now Allison is in range for the charm which the warlock now have adjusted for persons. It will amplify whatever "positive" feelings Allison have for her such as respect, pity, general friendliness etc. a great deal.

Morty
2013-09-06, 12:30 PM
[Green Fields - Riverside]

"I do not think inviting AMEN would ever be a serious consideration," the Mayor states. "They are tolerated as long as they stay in their territory, nothing more. I wasn't present at the previous meeting, however. I believe the Hunter-Commander and the current head of the Democracy Now party were, but unfortunately, they're not here with us."

[Valley of Corruption]

The bird targeted by the water elemental dips downwards through the air, evading one of the jets. The other one, however, catches it on the wing and sends it spinning. It takes a few seconds for the vulture-thing to regain control of its movements.

Another bird swoops down on Marcus, but is forced to fly up again by the thrust of his spear. It appears that the corruption did not take away their sense of self-preservation. It then tries to attack again, but Marcus' other thrust hits home, penetrating flesh. Said flesh proves quite resilient, so the puncture isn't too deep. However, the bird bleeds blue-black ichor as it takes into the air again.

Conrack's riposte also manages to strike the third bird. One of the thing's legs is cut off, but it does not appear overly bothered by it. It attempts to attack his face with the remaining talons and the beak.

Aric Kale
2013-09-06, 02:04 PM
Green Fields ~ Dipsnig and c.o.

Aric glances at the goblin's obvious disapproval of chivalry, and also takes note of Kirk's attitude. He decides they must be in some sort of relationship and backs down, not wanting to cause trouble.

Valley of Corruption

Success! Marcus continues on with his current tactic, as it seems to be working.

Morty
2013-09-06, 02:15 PM

"Yes, Kirk, you're right," Dipsnig says. "Rilla doesn't feel that well on this sort of gatherings. If there was a science fair I was attending, I'm sure she'd love to come along, but she wouldn't enjoy herself here. And yes, Rilla's the beautiful and brilliant lady of my heart as well as NO's engineer."

Gullara
2013-09-06, 02:29 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"Please, just call me Allison." The high priestess closes the door behind her and goes to light a candle at the desk. "I'm really sorry to wake you like, this, but I've been wanting to talk to you alone for a while now. I haven't been able to sleep and we'll avoid any old women meddling." She says with an amused look.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 02:43 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"Oh..." Astrana gives her a confused look as she turns to face the high priestess. She might note she still have her clothes on. She did manage to at least flatten the bed a bit before Allison entered.

The warlock smiles back awkwardly. "Sorry if... it smells. I sweat a lot. Probably shouldn't sleep with my clothes on." She chuckles quietly. After the time she spend with Valente in there it probably smells pretty awful though. But hopefully the charm would make her ignore all that for the moment. "But what did you want to speak to me about... Allison?"

Gullara
2013-09-06, 02:46 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Allison doesn't seem to be paying it any mind, no. So that's lucky. "Did you... feel a call when you decided to come here? not like an actual call, but a feeling like this is where you belong?"

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 02:49 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana nods quietly. "I did but... Uncle Ruben wanted me to move in with him and his wife." She claims. "He said they could take care of me until I could get a job and take care of myself. So now I'm not sure what to do."

Gullara
2013-09-06, 03:11 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"Well it's up to you in the end, but I think this would be a very good place for you. It would be a wonderful place for your child and we'd care for you. It'd be nice to have some more young people here too. Some of the sisters and brothers are too stuck in tradition." Allison glances around conspiratorially. "The fact that the Lady called you, a pregnant woman, is remarkable in itself. We here at the temple must abstain from intimate relations. But you prove that perhaps we don't need to be so rigid." She says with a big smile.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-06, 03:25 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Astrana mentally sigh. A new plan was needed. This was simply not working out anymore. "Allison... do you trust me?" She asks carefully. Suddenly looking more fearful than normal.

Gullara
2013-09-06, 03:29 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Well she hardly knows Julianne, but Allison feels like she seems like a good person. So why not? "Yes, of course. What is it?" She asks, looking concerned by the change in tone.

5a Violista
2013-09-06, 05:44 PM
[Green Fields]

Harley Zorzo still is there, looking for someone to sneak up on and talk to; but it still looks like everyone's too busy.

[Valley of Corruption]

As much as Conrack is a man, he's also a wolf, and wolves don't like prey attacking their faces. It's just a little embarrassing, to be honest. So, as Conrack is being attacked, he bears his teeth and gives a threatening growl. If the mutated bird's leg gets too close to his face, he'll instinctively bite at it.

Meanwhile, he continues to try to cut with his sword when the bird gets far enough to be in the sword's range.

Gullara
2013-09-06, 05:49 PM
[Valley of Corruption]

Hit confirmed! Using the time that bought her, the elemental (who will be henceforth known as "Elle") takes takes the opportunity to fire another jet of water at the bird menacing Marcus. Then she returns her attention to her own bird to blast it yet again. The joys of ranged combat.

Reinholdt
2013-09-06, 08:39 PM
"Not one great equalizer, no. There's too many counters for this or that, no singular thing that will balance out every fight. The upside to that is everyone is absolutely fudging terrified of what everyone else might be able to do, though.

Peter might be capable of shooting lasers out of his hands at Paul, but John's got his back with a big scary ball of superheated magical fire. Suddenly Luke gets involved with his telekinesis and about half a dozen hovering butcher knives, and then it's anybody's fight after that. Groups like Remnant can only defend against so many things in so many ways; there's bound to be loopholes, vulnerabilities, and weaknesses if people look hard enough."

Magtok shrugs. "Not that I'm doing any of the hard looks these days, though. I always figured I'd wring some clever use out of the AMENites if I waited as second-in-command long enough, but that's all fallen apart now. I think I'm going to need another hobby or something."

"It's probably not all the same to you, but I'm rather glad you aren't part of AMEN anymore. It just doesn't seem like the type of thing to be proud of and you've accomplished more than enough that it just seems to tarnish your trophy case as it were."

"Any ideas on what you're going to take up in its place? Maybe something more along the lines of the comics you enjoy? I heard there's something where people dress up like comic book characters and go to large gatherings. Like some sort of costume party. Could be enjoyable."

"Or do you prefer these sort of parties where there are more masks than people?"

Deathkeeper
2013-09-06, 08:57 PM
[Green Fields]

Harley could sneak up on Nick if she'd like. He's currently letting Sgt. Generic handle standing next to N'alae and looking scary. He's currently standing a ways off...looking scary. Well, he doesn't have many options in that power armor.

Beans
2013-09-06, 10:53 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie looks around at all the other guests, sighing just a little. She wishes she knew someone here well enough to talk to them... hell, someone who didn't scare her would be enough.

Felandria
2013-09-06, 11:00 PM
[Green Fields]

And this would be the point where heads begin to turn.

Felandria has arrived, sauntering into the party, hips swaying in her smexy little black dress...
http://blog.jjshouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/short-little-black-dresses.jpg

Once you take in the nearly 13' (almost 14' in her strappy heels) half elf, you'll notice she's dolled up more than usual, her mascara accentuating her bright violet eyes, long flowing red hair covering her shoulders, she scans the crowd for some interesting people to talk to, that's why she's here after all, to make sure her name is on as many lips as possible at the end of the night.

Beans
2013-09-06, 11:04 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie disengages from her companion's arm, gravitating toward the gigantic pretty lady over twice her height.
She's not exactly hard on the eyes herself, pale and with black hair cascading over her back and hiding one amber eye. Her pinstriped grey three-piece suit is, if a bit unconventional, well-cut and matched nicely with an indigo tie. Even her shaggy black vulturine wings are preened!
She looks up at Felandria, blushing and shifting on her shiny black shoes.
I, um... hiya?
The shy death goddess pulls her little fan out, her fanning increasing as her nervousness escalates.
She's silly.

Felandria
2013-09-06, 11:17 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie disengages from her companion's arm, gravitating toward the gigantic pretty lady over twice her height.
She's not exactly hard on the eyes herself, pale and with black hair cascading over her back and hiding one amber eye. Her pinstriped grey three-piece suit is, if a bit unconventional, well-cut and matched nicely with an indigo tie. Even her shaggy black vulturine wings are preened!
She looks up at Felandria, blushing and shifting on her shiny black shoes.
I, um... hiya?
The shy death goddess pulls her little fan out, her fanning increasing as her nervousness escalates.
She's silly.

Felandria smiles, she reaches down and offers Carrie her hand.

Hello.

I'm Felandria, and you are?

Beans
2013-09-06, 11:23 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie reaches up with an indigo-gloved hand, smiling nervously as her fanning intensifies.
I'm, um, I'm Carrie, minor death goddess, nice to meet you and... and stuff...

Felandria
2013-09-06, 11:27 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie reaches up with an indigo-gloved hand, smiling nervously as her fanning intensifies.
I'm, um, I'm Carrie, minor death goddess, nice to meet you and... and stuff...

Nice to meet you.

Are you hot or something?

Let's go get a drink, it might help you cool off.

Beans
2013-09-06, 11:31 PM
[Green Fields]
Well, I guess I'm pretty, but not really ho---I mean, um, er, a-a drink would probably be good, um, thanks.
Carrie giggles nervously, shifting and fiddling and generally being as obviously nervous as possible.

Felandria
2013-09-06, 11:33 PM
Green Fields

Felandria giggles.

Come on, sweetie, let's get some refreshments and mingle, what do you say?

Beans
2013-09-06, 11:39 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie follows her over to the refreshments, blushing up a storm while her fan moves at hummingbird-wing speeds.

Felandria
2013-09-06, 11:44 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie follows her over to the refreshments, blushing up a storm while her fan moves at hummingbird-wing speeds.

Fel grabs a glass of wine for Carrie and a bottle for herself.

So, anything of note happen before I got here?

Beans
2013-09-06, 11:51 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie tries not to down her wine too quickly. Um, not... that I know of? 'Course, I sort of don't know anyone here very well, or much about the current things going on in the Nexus...

Felandria
2013-09-07, 12:06 AM
[Green Fields]
Carrie tries not to down her wine too quickly. Um, not... that I know of? 'Course, I sort of don't know anyone here very well, or much about the current things going on in the Nexus...

So, death goddess, huh?

Tell me more.

Beans
2013-09-07, 12:14 AM
[Green Fields]
Whoops, there goes her wine. That was quick.
Well, um, I basically direct the souls of the dead to their appropriate afterlives... it's almost like being that counselor in high school who helps you figure out what college to go to, 'cept for people that are dead.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 12:19 AM
[Green Fields]
Whoops, there goes her wine. That was quick.
Well, um, I basically direct the souls of the dead to their appropriate afterlives... it's almost like being that counselor in high school who helps you figure out what college to go to, 'cept for people that are dead.

Well, that's something I'm not going to have to worry about for a very long time.

So what do you mean by "appropriate" afterlives?

Fel hands Carrie another glass of wine.

Beans
2013-09-07, 12:24 AM
[Green Fields]
Well, it depends on what deities they follow and the state of their soul; generally we want to get them to the most pleasant available afterlife, so a soul that's a bit grimy can take some time doing service to clean up so we can get them into the best option.
She manages to not bolt this glass... so far.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 12:30 AM
Green Fields

Fel sighs.

It's nice to have a purpose, I'm still trying to find mine.

I'm a demigod, Zeus is my father, I hope to become like him someday, but becoming a goddess is obviously difficult.

But I've recently made arrangements that should help me with that.

How did you become a goddess?

Beans
2013-09-07, 12:41 AM
[Green Fields]
Oh, um.
Carrie blinks. I sort of... killed myself and then ran away and got picked up by The Cycle and they had a slot open for a minor death goddess and... I got the job.
She sighs.
It's kind of weird.

GrandDM
2013-09-07, 01:49 AM
[Green Fields - Harald]

"You name it, I've done it. Everything from robots to nanobots, spaceships to mining units."

Green Fields - Felandria & Carrie

Felandria may notice Harald-the-temporary-plotclone staring at her with a frown, obviously not happy with something.

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 06:53 AM
[Green Fields - Fel and Carrie]

Aaaaand Harald might notice Lynette staring at him. Especially given the fact that she's wearing a black dress barely any longer than Fel's (if anything, it's perhaps a tough shorter), with a wide slit starting at the top of her right hip, and circling around her side to the bottom of her left shoulder-blade, held together by dark blue ribbons, is within an inch or two of the half-elf's height, and has a pure while fox-tail and ears, contrasting sharply with her jet-black hair.

Should that not be enough to alert him to something being up, the presence of what's obviously hired security, of a rather expensive sort -a Tiefling in a set of fine robes, elaborately embroidered, as well as covered in mystical tattoos, clearly a mage, a troll, nearly as tall as Lynette herself, and with a strange, feral, grace, though he's also heavily muscled, in a heavy suit of power armor, and someone who seems to be a pretty teenage girl, in a golden silk dress, though appearances are almost certainly deceiving -, all staring at him too, might get the message across.

Said message, of course, is that whoever this woman is, she is not to be messed with... Though Harald somehow doesn't seem the sort for even such a comparatively non-subtle hint to be seen, or at least thought of as important.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-07, 08:32 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"I know, but...well, part of what that one Lord guy on Wall said is true. There was a genuinely menacing, influential AMEN at one point, and I was proud to be a member of it, the one who named the organization and carried it through to several noteworthy victories. It's not the same people anymore, but to just turn my back on it all...stupid, useless, and disrespectful as they might've been, they might as well be infants for all their competence in the field, and to leave them to be eaten alive by Watchtower-"

The cyborg sighs, and quirks an eyebrow at that cosplay nonsense, finding the whole idea of attending a convention strangely repulsive. Hey now, he can go ahead and admit to being a closet nerd at some party easily enough, to some unimportant lady nobody has any reason to believe, but he has a reputation to uphold, and he can't go doing something so out of character and unMaggy where the press can see him. To out himself as a mere imitator of villainy, instead of originating from a world where such caped crusaders are the real deal...that would be the height of folly.

"And that's...I dunno, I can't really see myself doing the social comic fan stuff. Too much baggage attached to me just being me. Everyone would either think I'm cosplaying as myself dressed as someone else, being all meta and stuff, when I actually am Magtok. Or just make a big stupid fuss about how it's me, or that I'm a pretend geek making some sort of ploy for publicity or whatever, instead of allowing me to just be one of them."

The cyborg sips at his drink, eyes wandering just for a moment when Felandria arrives, before he remembers the blonde he's already got on his arm. Remember Maggy, a bird in hand. Or cat in hand, whatever. You know what I mean.

"Science, maybe? Maybe I'll do some mad science. It's been too long since I actually did any engineering myself, instead of throwing interns at everything that needs to be done. Been too wary of upsetting the power level situation and accidentally triggering a new arms race somehow, but I could maybe work on things with little to no combat application. Like..."

Magtok drags out that last word, trying to quickly put together some idea that wouldn't be stupid, insignificant, or otherwise pointless to the Nexus and its inhabitants. Given his lack of immediate response, it's obviously not quite as easy to pull off as he assumed.

Morty
2013-09-07, 08:48 AM
[Valley of Corruption]

Conrack's teeth miss the corrupted vulture's leg, which is probably for the best, since biting it would not be healthy, even with the orcish amulets. His sword, however, hits home and slices halfway through the bird's wing. It falls to the ground, flailing ineffectually, as the loss of one leg and the damage to its wing render it more or less helpless.

Marcus, meanwhile, pierces the attacking monster once more. Birds really aren't that well-equipped for attacking people with long, pointed sticks. It tries to fly away again, but then Elle's jet of water hits it, leaving it wide open for another attack, which should skewer it thoroughly.

Elle's other jet of water has less luck. The bird swoops above it, and tries to sink its talons in her face.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 08:49 AM
Green Fields - Reina

Reina does have to stop and watch Felandria for a moment. I'm sure it's just her size and not her incredible beauty. Yeah...
She may miss half of Mag's comic speech though before returning her attention to him.

"Like mechanical grasshopper drones that clean dangerous microbes from the home environment and play a particularly soothing melody as they do, perhaps with a selection of melodious choices?" Reina thinks out loud from off the top of her head. "An innovation in sanitation. Plus you can keep some of the less marketed ones for yourself to counter biological attacks, like what hit Riverside."

Beans
2013-09-07, 09:00 AM
[Green Fields - Carrie and Fel et al]
Carrie doesn't fail to notice a) the weird scientisty guy looking all glareyface at them and b) the hot, also-tall lady glaring at him.
She scoots closer to Fel, really pretty unnerved at the frownypants competition currently going on.
Do... you... know either of those people?

Recaiden
2013-09-07, 09:29 AM
[Green Fields - Atorre]

A new guest has arrived! A large snowmobile zips across the fields as though it was meant to travel over them, rumbling quietly as it pulls in to a corner of the fields. Driving it is a nondescript man in a dark suit with a gun at his side, and riding behind him, a pretty young woman wearing flowing dark hair, a necklace of opals, and rather too colorful clothing.

http://constructionlitmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/secret-service-agent.jpg
http://fashionkiduniya.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/sari2.jpg

The man, who looks like something of a guard, leads the way in towards the pavilion, carefully watching everyone gathered at the party. The woman, on the other hand, walks calmly, with mechanical precision, calmly surveying the other guests but not really seeing them.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-07, 09:43 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"It has potential, but it still strikes me as...I dunno, missing something. It's not the sort of thing you go proudly announcing on Wall, just a minor footnote of a thing, sold to Remnant and/Riverside for quick handful of paychecks.

Maybe...consciousness transfer? Copy someone's brain, put it in a cloned body without whatever terminal illness or whatever they can't get magicked away, like old age and whatever, or a robot body for those on a budget? The only problem I can think of is that it might present too obvious a target for theft, or I'd lose control of it somehow and stop making money."

Magtok glances away once more, cringing briefly at the goings-on elsewhere as a sudden realization hits him.

"They're twice as tall as everyone else here, in waist-length dresses. They do know what's going to happen now, right? One of the less-than-totally-professional security guys is going to have too many drinks and then pass by underneath, or Jezebel's going to drop something and have for help bending over to pick it all up, and-Dear lord, this is what people mean by trainwrecks you can't look away from, isn't it?"

Devixer
2013-09-07, 09:55 AM
[Green Fields - Harald]

"You name it, I've done it. Everything from robots to nanobots, spaceships to mining units."

Merrick looks distinctly unimpressed with Harald's accomplishments. "So a doctor of engineering, then." That would rule him out as a potential asset.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-07, 10:14 AM
[Temple of Purity]

Well she hardly knows Julianne, but Allison feels like she seems like a good person. So why not? "Yes, of course. What is it?" She asks, looking concerned by the change in tone.

[Temple of Purity]

Astrana takes a deep breath before she starts. "When I left the temple to get my things I thought I saw two priestess walking towards the temple. But when I came closer I realize the two were prostitutes dressed in a gross imitation of your outfits with... parts showing." She starts explaining. Making up things as she goes along. "I don't know why but when I saw them I suddenly felt afraid, closed my eyes and ran away." She admits sheepishly.

"Then when I came to my old apartment I ended up in a argument with my old landlord. When I said I stayed in the temple of purity he just laughed and said it wouldn't be pure much longer with me there. I couldn't it explain it but I felt the same fear then as when I saw the two prostitutes walking towards the temple. So I just grabbed my things and ran."

"Then... last night, just a few minutes ago I woke up and... it smells like someone had sex in my room. It isn't just sweat, it's hormones and the whole temple reeks of it." Now Astrana looks genuinely afraid, actually shaking slightly as she looks the high priestess in the eyes. "Something very bad is going to happen here Allison. I just know it."

[Dipsnig and Co.]

Dena gives Kirk an annoyed look, did he have to ruin everything? She had specifically questioned Rilla's absence to tease the boss a bit and now he was hogging her waist as well.

Too bad she had a deal or she knew exactly what she would have done right now. She just had to use it at some other party... or a bit later at this one if things didn't work the way she wanted.

Aric might note the glance and the fact Dena shifts away a bit from the other drow. "But enough about us, I'm much more interested in you Lord Kale, is there a lady Kale somewhere perhaps?" She asks, looking him in the eyes.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 10:35 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"Wouldn't that just be the same as cloning? Or are you talking some sort of kinky couple's body swapping therapy/service?" Reina pouts at her lack of melodious grasshopper drones.

Reina glances back over at Felandria and friends and shrugs. "I imagine it's not the sort of thing you think about when you're that tall. Who's Jezebel?"

GrandDM
2013-09-07, 10:40 AM
Merrick looks distinctly unimpressed with Harald's accomplishments. "So a doctor of engineering, then." That would rule him out as a potential asset.

"Oh, no. Those were just examples. Cloning, programming, medicine, spaceships, satellites, construction... I could go on. I meant what I said - if you can name it, I've done it."

UncleWolf
2013-09-07, 11:46 AM
[Green Fields]

"Yes, no doubt it involved tracking down those familiar with us, bombarding them with questions and trawling through their computer records. Thus, it is approaching unpleasant territory when you practically perform a criminal investigation in order to learn about a single non-criminal individual, though it may be somewhat excused given my current position and that it may not remain a single individual." Though Hicks is likely aware that the Romulans are not known for respecting privacy like that themselves. How odd. Perhaps she's just decent at respecting more local laws. Or it's standard paranoia. Or the lack of privacy leads them to value it when they can have it. Or the possibility that knowledge of her species's reputation will make her job harder. Or perhaps multiple of these things.

N'alae isn't saying.

"I suppose I can only hope suspicion stemming from what you may have learned does not damage Remnant-Irregular coordination in the future."

Well, that's something.

Green Fields -N'alae

"Actually, it involved a lot of divination(not on you specifically) and lore-diving. No criminal investigations at all. And the fact that you believe that we handle even simple research with an iron fist, makes me wonder what you really know of our methods." Hicks wonders, taking a sip. "Despite popular opinion, we're not as...heavy-handed as the old regime was. Ruthless when we must, but not heavy-handed. We haven't had a single uprising or rebellion, so I think our record speaks for itself. So I ask politely that you keep that in mind next time before...slights are given. Which brings us back to our previous conversation about Cultures and possible repercussions for insulting people." He adds, and if it weren't for his completely calm and informative tone, it'd probably be a bit nasty. "I have been cordial all evening, though I don't imagine your boss would listen to any complaints sent to him any more than mine." He admits.

"As for relations between our organizations, is there any wonder there's friction when our leadership trusts no one and even their subordinates have begun sniping at each other's pride?" He asks, probably alluding to tonight. "I have no reason to add to that. Do you?"

Green Fields - Riverside

"Perhaps if it was handled differently than last time. The forum was simply dreadful. Everyone was shouting and no one agreed to anything. I would rather discuss things in small groups like this. Much more pleasant. I also urge you to not invite AMEN to such an event. I think invading the city by force disqualifies you from joining." The noble suggests in a firm tone.

"I do not think inviting AMEN would ever be a serious consideration," the Mayor states. "They are tolerated as long as they stay in their territory, nothing more. I wasn't present at the previous meeting, however. I believe the Hunter-Commander and the current head of the Democracy Now party were, but unfortunately, they're not here with us."

Green Fields - Riverside

"No, I hadn't planned on allowing AMEN to come, but you know how such matters go. There's always one or two who are able to sneak in. And I suggest that this time around, we limit it to simply the leadership of each Side, not all the little sub-groups or organizations scattered all around. I understand they have a small say in what goes on, but if they don't establish themselves as part of one of the four, then it seems they'd only go there in order to try and brook their own support when the meeting is there to solidify, not diversify." Jezebel explains, taking a small sip from her drink. "I know we all have our differences, and this wouldn't be a time to try and get rid of them. More to try and formulate real plans in case something like this should happen again."

Devixer
2013-09-07, 12:06 PM
Green Fields - Harald

Merrick's expression still doesn't change. "Like several other scientists I've met in my time here, then," he says. Something Harald might have noticed by now is that Merrick barely moves at all, constantly in a stiff posture.

Gullara
2013-09-07, 12:14 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Allison blinks at Astrana. That was the last thing she was expecting to hear. But the smell... That is very strange. "Don't worry, Julianne. Nothing is going to happen. I promise you that. The Lady protects her followers, most of all in her temple. You'll be safe here." She tries to give Astrana's hand a comforting squeeze.

Thump! Allison stops as something hits the ground. She looks around and sees Astrana's copy of the holy book on the floor by the desk. "Oh. How did that fall?"

[Dipsnig and Co.]

Hey, she practically asked him to ruin her fun, and the drow certainly seems amused by it. He even gives Dena a cheeky little smirk when she looks at him.

Otherwise he says nothing for the moment. Nope, he just looks at Aric expectantly. Watch yourself buddy.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 12:23 PM
[Green Fields]
Oh, um.
Carrie blinks. I sort of... killed myself and then ran away and got picked up by The Cycle and they had a slot open for a minor death goddess and... I got the job.
She sighs.
It's kind of weird.

Felandria is mildly shocked.

Ohh, sweetie, why would you do that?

Fel leans down and gives her a hug.

[Green Fields - Fel and Carrie]

Aaaaand Harald might notice Lynette staring at him. Especially given the fact that she's wearing a black dress barely any longer than Fel's (if anything, it's perhaps a tough shorter), with a wide slit starting at the top of her right hip, and circling around her side to the bottom of her left shoulder-blade, held together by dark blue ribbons, is within an inch or two of the half-elf's height, and has a pure while fox-tail and ears, contrasting sharply with her jet-black hair.

Should that not be enough to alert him to something being up, the presence of what's obviously hired security, of a rather expensive sort -a Tiefling in a set of fine robes, elaborately embroidered, as well as covered in mystical tattoos, clearly a mage, a troll, nearly as tall as Lynette herself, and with a strange, feral, grace, though he's also heavily muscled, in a heavy suit of power armor, and someone who seems to be a pretty teenage girl, in a golden silk dress, though appearances are almost certainly deceiving -, all staring at him too, might get the message across.

Said message, of course, is that whoever this woman is, she is not to be messed with... Though Harald somehow doesn't seem the sort for even such a comparatively non-subtle hint to be seen, or at least thought of as important.

Fel smiles and waves them over.

I'm so glad you made it.

I see you brought friends.

Fel gives her a peck on the cheek.

This is my new friend Carrie, she's a death goddess.

Beans
2013-09-07, 12:25 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie sighs, leaning into the hug.
Things were... bad. I'm fine now, though---that was a couple years ago.
She blushes as the other pretty lady comes over, looking from one tall babe to the other.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-07, 12:29 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"Cloning, but with a touch of euthanasia and the illusion of soul-preservation, to keep the religious types from freaking out. Actual body-swapping between two intelligent people with their own unique brain patterns and such hardwired in, that'd be iffy. Iffy and kinky. The media circus would have a field day with that.

Anyways, y'know how organized crime disguises itself as legitimate businessmen and such? Jezebel is basically the Godfather like that, with spas, brothels, hotels, and massage parlors and whatever else, but for a sex cult of demons from space."

Magtok blinks, and then stares out at nothing for a moment.

"Whoa. Jezebel is a sex demon from outer space. A sex demon, from outer space. Holy fudge, I don't think I've ever said anything so Flash Gordon in my entire life."

Aric Kale
2013-09-07, 12:35 PM

Aric chuckles, and by chuckle I mean a good and hearty laugh. My apologies, but I feel like a chess piece having just realized it's merely a pawn in a much larger set up. No, there is no Lady Kale. And I prefer to go by Aric, since I'm not a lord of anything, and titles end up becoming to wordy.
Sirs, Ma'am, I hope you enjoy the party. I will try to ease the tension and make my way to the buffet table. Alone.

Valley of Corruption

Marcus looks around for any likely targets.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 12:36 PM
[Green Fields - Carrie and Fel et al]
Carrie doesn't fail to notice a) the weird scientisty guy looking all glareyface at them and b) the hot, also-tall lady glaring at him.
She scoots closer to Fel, really pretty unnerved at the frownypants competition currently going on.
Do... you... know either of those people?

[Green Fields]
Carrie sighs, leaning into the hug.
Things were... bad. I'm fine now, though---that was a couple years ago.
She blushes as the other pretty lady comes over, looking from one tall babe to the other.

I'm sorry, my manners, this is Lynette.

We're together, but not exclusive.

After all, girls like us are too much for one person.

And who are your friends, Lynette?

happyturtle
2013-09-07, 12:41 PM
Green Fields

Just arriving at the party are Vasquez and Jacob Stevenson. Vasquez looks stunning, as she always does, and Jake is just turning back to her, after showing their invitation.

"You really do look--"

His eyes are immediately arrested by the sight of a demigoddess whose hemline is above his head... and she's...

He can't look away. He still has Vas's hand tucked in the crook of his arm, but he doesn't seem aware of anything but...

Fel leans down.

"Gu-huh-uh."

UncleWolf
2013-09-07, 12:45 PM
Green Fields - Vas and Jake

"Strike one." Vas mutters angrily under her breath to her lover. "Keep gawking and I'll throw you out of here. Then you'll have to explain to Gus why he can't see me until you apologize. And I wouldn't accept one for at least a month."

Vasquez, Commander of Remnant, isn't dressed in uniform or armor at the moment, choosing to go with a sleeveless golden sequin dress that goes with her dark tan skin. Her right arm is currently replaced by her smooth mercurial cybernetic instead of the blockier utility one she normally has.

Darkcomet
2013-09-07, 12:46 PM
[Green Fields]

"Being cordial about it does not change what you have been trying to do, as a polite attempt at compromising me is still an attempt at compromising me. We are not friends, nor should we be, for our roles require that we remain impartial. Contrary to what you may have learned, I am not so ruled by emotion that I cannot recognize that." N'alae glances over in some other direction. An oddly conspiratorial look crosses her face.

"Is that your commander? Perhaps I should take my objections directly to her."

UncleWolf
2013-09-07, 01:08 PM
Green Fields

"Go ahead if you think it's best. But let me make one last remark." Hicks says with a small smile. "This is a social event. People are going to talk to you whether you like it or not, and because of your attractive appearance, many will likely try to hit on you. Would you rather deal with my attempts to be social, which this situation calls for, or would you rather I step away and allow...oh I don't know, say that short drow to come back here?" He asks. "My presence is keeping many such people away most likely, male and female alike, and I like to think I'm preferable to such appalling attempts to make passes at you. But if you'd like, I don't mind heading elsewhere to mingle for a bit."

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry, my manners, this is Lynette.

We're together, but not exclusive.

After all, girls like us are too much for one person.

And who are your friends, Lynette?

"Tide," she says, indicating the teenage girl. "Cutter," she goes on, pointing to the troll. "And Arrow. They are, as you say, friends... But they also are here in a more official capacity tonight. Speaking of which, are you aware you have someone starting up your dress? And would you like him stopped?"

She smiles down at Carrie, though she doesn't repeat Fel's mistake and actually bend or anything.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Carrie."

Beans
2013-09-07, 01:45 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie wrenches her eyes up to the tall girls' faces (in her defense, their stareworthy assets are a good deal larger than most, scale being what it is), blushing and bolting her wine again in nervousness.
Ni-um, nice to meet you too...

Zefir
2013-09-07, 02:35 PM
[l]Green Fields

"But you are here. That's good enough. Although, *tsk* I wish you'd called me first. I could have given you some help with your hair." Cat's outfit is reprehensible, but the hair is worse! Willow is being tactful by only mentioning one of Cat's fashion sins.

Green Fields

Arkant notice that they might want to discuss something.

"It seems linke you habe something to talk. I don't want to distrebut you. If you excuse me."

He will then head away. Walming around Amt the Party searching for others.

Phone

There is nothing Moore he wanted to say.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 02:36 PM
"Tide," she says, indicating the teenage girl. "Cutter," she goes on, pointing to the troll. "And Arrow. They are, as you say, friends... But they also are here in a more official capacity tonight. Speaking of which, are you aware you have someone starting up your dress? And would you like him stopped?"

She smiles down at Carrie, though she doesn't repeat Fel's mistake and actually bend or anything.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Carrie."

Stopped?

Why?

That's what's great about being this size, people can look all they want and I don't have to care.

[Green Fields]
Carrie wrenches her eyes up to the tall girls' faces (in her defense, their stareworthy assets are a good deal larger than most, scale being what it is), blushing and bolting her wine again in nervousness.
Ni-um, nice to meet you too...

We're not......scaring you are we?

I hope not.

You're safe with us.

5a Violista
2013-09-07, 02:41 PM
[Green Fields - sneaking up on Nick]

Harley noticed the man, standing a little off, in the power armor. Perfect.

She does her best to look unassuming and interested in something else as she makes her way towards Nick. She makes her way just behind him, just past where she assumes his field of vision ends, and then stealthily moves closer towards him.

Suddenly, that tall women with no sense of modesty catches her eye, and she scoffs in disbelief. How could anyone even want that? she thinks. Scoffing may have given her position away, so she makes her next moves quicker as she sneaks up to Nick.

Then, suddenly, she comes out in front of him. "Hi!" Harley says, in a way more as a "Boo!" than a greeting. Hopefully he jumps in surprise.

[Valley of Corruption]

Yes, Conrack is rather lucky that the thing attacking his face was good at dodging. Here's to hoping that something slower doesn't try to attack his face next time.

With his vulture more-or-less helpless, Conrack has more time to look for one of the bird's weak points before attacking again. Soon, he thrusts his sword at the bird's supposed weak point, hoping for quick and clean kill.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 02:44 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"Well that sounds... rather... disturbing." Reina makes something of an ick face. Brothels are bad, demons are worse, and sex demons from outer space running brothels are just too horrendous to spend any length thinking about. Ick.

Reina gropes for something else to talk about, quickly running low on topics. "Do you know what this party's for exactly? Something about a new city in the sky?"

The Bushranger
2013-09-07, 03:10 PM
Green Fields

"Maybe I just wanted to see your reaction when you saw it." Cat grins, then looks upwards before returning her attention to Willow and Arkant. "So, what do you think the occasion is to get all the bright and beautiful, and Magtok, out here, anyway?" she asks.

The wandering Rebecca will be approached by an attractive aasimar woman with long, silver hair and golden irises. Her skin is quite pale, and she's clad in a suit of platemail armour, which despite being plated in gold (or something gold-coloured, at least) was designed with practicality in mind and therefore hides much of her figure. Over the top of the armour is a black tabard with a white centipede emblazoned upon it, and at her waist hangs a short rod.

Azurelle will attempt to take Rebecca's hand and bow to kiss it. "Good day, milady. I am Azurelle D'Langley, of the Order of the Centipede. Could you grace my ears with your name?"

Rebecca's hand is taken, and she smiles, actually blushing, slightly, at the greeting as she gives a small and proper - but extremely stiff, as if she were unfamiliar with the gesture - bow. "I'm Be...Rebecca," she catches herself with a quirk of her lips. "It's an honor to meet you, Madame D'Langley," she adds, her speech formal, almost too much so.

Clearly she's unused to being 'proper'.

happyturtle
2013-09-07, 03:17 PM
Green Fields

Green Fields - Vas and Jake

"Strike one." Vas mutters angrily under her breath to her lover. "Keep gawking and I'll throw you out of here. Then you'll have to explain to Gus why he can't see me until you apologize. And I wouldn't accept one for at least a month."

Vasquez, Commander of Remnant, isn't dressed in uniform or armor at the moment, choosing to go with a sleeveless golden sequin dress that goes with her dark tan skin. Her right arm is currently replaced by her smooth mercurial cybernetic instead of the blockier utility one she normally has.

Jake's eyes immediately drop to his feet. Yup, very interesting shoes he's wearing. And the grass getting crushed into the mud. Soooo interesting.

"Sorry, Vas." :smallredface::smallfrown:

Green Fields
"Maybe I just wanted to see your reaction when you saw it." Cat grins, then looks upwards before returning her attention to Willow and Arkant. "So, what do you think the occasion is to get all the bright and beautiful, and Magtok, out here, anyway?" she asks.

"Does it matter, when we're all here?" Willow says, but she's distracted by watching Vasquez arrive.

That bitch is wearing a gold dress too! :smallmad:

Earl of Purple
2013-09-07, 03:21 PM
Green Fields

"Not Madame; I am not noble-born. If you must give me a title, I would prefer Dame, and I assure you the honour is mine, Miss Rebecca." A woman with a knighthood (like the athlete Kelly Holmes) is addressed as 'Dame' in the UK, so that's good enough for me.

Azurelle smiles slightly at the bow, expecting a curtsey.

Beans
2013-09-07, 03:23 PM
We're not......scaring you are we?

I hope not.

You're safe with us.
Carrie bites her lip, giggling nervously.
Not scared as such, but... well, can you really blame me for being a little intimidated by a pair of smoking-hot tall ladies? I mean, I barely come up to your waists and, y'know...
Feeling a bit self-conscious, she partly unfolds her wings to feel even a little bigger.

Darkcomet
2013-09-07, 03:36 PM
[Green Fields]

"Ah, but this party will end. The necessity of us dealing with each other will not. I am addressing a concern that will continue to be a concern, and don't bother saying it is not your intent. You have every reason to know and follow the same rule, and yet try to get me to break it. It will not work. Nor would it if it were any of the others here, and frankly, at least then I would be learning who to watch for that behavior then." So basically, N'alae means that yes, she would like it if he went away, it seems.

Though she at least hasn't gone to bother Vasquez. Probably still going to report it later though.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 03:40 PM
Carrie bites her lip, giggling nervously.
Not scared as such, but... well, can you really blame me for being a little intimidated by a pair of smoking-hot tall ladies? I mean, I barely come up to your waists and, y'know...
Feeling a bit self-conscious, she partly unfolds her wings to feel even a little bigger.

Carrie should see a glint flicker in Felandria's eye.

Oooh.

I just got a fun idea.

You know, Carrie.....

If you want, you can try it.

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 03:55 PM
Stopped?

Why?

That's what's great about being this size, people can look all they want and I don't have to care.

"Because his date - the highest ranking Remnant official anyone is ever likely to see, from a ll I've heard - looks ready to shoot one or the other of you? Though fortunately she seems to have managed to deal with him on her own..."

Lynette shrugs, laughing softly, at Fel's suggestion.

"You sure that'll work on a goddess, hon? Don't want either of you getting messed up, after all... And why is it I suspect you're thinking 'try us' when you talk about growing her?"

Beans
2013-09-07, 03:59 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie meeps.
Um. Er. Trying. Yes, I, uh, I don't think I should, being married and a---oh, you meant try being tall.
Aha.
Ahaha.
Um.
She blinks. I... well, I can shapeshift and stuff, so I could, but... I don't really think I could do it right. I'd just be a non-tall girl whose body is currently being tall, not an actual tall girl.
If that makes sense.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-07, 04:07 PM
Green Field

Icarus scowls in disgust and looks away from the sight of Felandria showing her undergarments to half the party, scanning the fields for someone of interest who isn't flagrantly here just to 'hook up'. Shame. She seemed like she might have had potential, the last time Excelsior ran into her.

Still, there are plenty of other unknowns at this party: The blond man in the suit moving doggedly from group to group. The somewhat familiar-looking girl and the man with the scales. The humanoid alien speaking to the Remnant officer. These people in particular might notice the winged giant's gaze following them.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 04:15 PM
"Because his date - the highest ranking Remnant official anyone is ever likely to see, from a ll I've heard - looks ready to shoot one or the other of you? Though fortunately she seems to have managed to deal with him on her own..."

Lynette shrugs, laughing softly, at Fel's suggestion.

"You sure that'll work on a goddess, hon? Don't want either of you getting messed up, after all... And why is it I suspect you're thinking 'try us' when you talk about growing her?"

Well, I mean...

Um....

That's up to you.

[Green Fields]
Carrie meeps.
Um. Er. Trying. Yes, I, uh, I don't think I should, being married and a---oh, you meant try being tall.
Aha.
Ahaha.
Um.
She blinks. I... well, I can shapeshift and stuff, so I could, but... I don't really think I could do it right. I'd just be a non-tall girl whose body is currently being tall, not an actual tall girl.
If that makes sense.

You misunderstand, honey, I'm a sorceress, all it takes is two spells.

And if you don't like it, it's just one spell to put you back.

What do you say?

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 04:43 PM
Well, I mean...

Um....

That's up to you.

You misunderstand, honey, I'm a sorceress, all it takes is two spells.

And if you don't like it, it's just one spell to put you back.

What do you say?

"Heh, well, sadly, Miss Wings is married and not up for some fun, so... Ah well. Plenty of other girls about we can pick up, even if she is the cutest one here.

And it's not like you'd be any different than I am. dear... I didn't used to be this size either, before I had a run-in with an artifact made by some chaos deities."

Beans
2013-09-07, 04:47 PM
[Green Fields]
I think I'll stay short... and, um, thanks. She blushes as she's called cute.
Soooo, um. What do you two do?

Felandria
2013-09-07, 04:56 PM
"Heh, well, sadly, Miss Wings is married and not up for some fun, so... Ah well. Plenty of other girls about we can pick up, even if she is the cutest one here.

And it's not like you'd be any different than I am. dear... I didn't used to be this size either, before I had a run-in with an artifact made by some chaos deities."

Aww.

Well, can't blame a girl for trying.

[Green Fields]
I think I'll stay short... and, um, thanks. She blushes as she's called cute.
Soooo, um. What do you two do?

Well, I used to be an adventurer, but I recently decided to go into a different industry.

I decided the Nexus needed a superhero.

I'm going to be the Nexus's protector, they're making my outfit as we speak.

Morty
2013-09-07, 06:11 PM
[Dipsnig and Co.]

Once Aric is gone, Dipsnig turns to Kirk and Dena, then asks:

"Would you be so kind as to tell me what the hell you two are doing?"

He doesn't sound amused.

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 06:28 PM
[Green Fields - Fel, Lyn, and Carrie]

"...I see. Well then. We'll talk about that later."

Lynette, oddly, doesn't seem happy about that whatsoever, giving Fel a cold, angry, glare, before turning on her heel and stalking off, three companions following her.

Felandria
2013-09-07, 06:37 PM
[Green Fields - Fel, Lyn, and Carrie]

"...I see. Well then. We'll talk about that later."

Lynette, oddly, doesn't seem happy about that whatsoever, giving Fel a cold, angry, glare, before turning on her heel and stalking off, three companions following her.

Fel turns to Carrie.

Um, excuse me.

Fel immediately goes after Lyn.

Lyn, wait.

What's wrong?

I've upset you somehow, what did I do?

Beans
2013-09-07, 06:41 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie doesn't know what's happening with the tall ladies, but figures she needs another drink; she heads back to the refreshments, sighing.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-07, 06:56 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie doesn't know what's happening with the tall ladies, but figures she needs another drink; she heads back to the refreshments, sighing.

Which would put her next to the large man who's been eating all the finger sandwiches and scowling profusely. "I don't suppose you would say what all that was about?" A slight nod towards Fel and Lyn indicates what he's asking, if it wasn't clear enough. "Morbid curiosity," he explains.

UncleWolf
2013-09-07, 07:12 PM
Green Fields - N'alae

At that, Hicks gives a wry smile. "Perhaps." He says before reaching up to grip the edge of his visor as if he's tipping his hat to her. "One final piece of advice then, and I'll go. Don't take yourself too seriously here. You may think I'm an inexperienced unprofessional goofball, but if you can't laugh at yourself, you're going to burn out fast here. You're always going to be the butt of jokes, mocked, derided, and even painted as a baby-eating monster from time to time. Everyone is. If my little actions bother you, then you're going to be in a world of hurt. Have a good night, Ma'am." With a final smile and a slight nod, the man heads off unless N'alae has something to add.

Green Fields - Jake and Vas

The Commander leans over to kiss her date's cheek gently. "It's okay. You didn't expect that. Just wanted to snap you out of it."

Beans
2013-09-07, 07:13 PM
[Green Fields]
Carrie shrugs, sipping her drink.
Honestly, no real idea... they're tall, they're pretty, now they're fighting or something? The suited goddess sighs, fanning herself.
Chicks are confusing. I am chicks and I still think they're confusing, ghh.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-07, 07:20 PM
[Temple of Purity]

How odd. But nothing that couldn't be used. "...I'll get it." She raises from the bed to go and collect the book. Unless something happens she first walks in a half-circle around it as if she were afraid to pick it up, so she's facing the bed. Then she bends down and picks it up so she can just see underneath the bed.

Her face goes slightly pale. "...Allison, there is something underneath the bed."

"Just a stupid game boss. Kirk is acting as my personal cockblock tonight and I'm finding someone willing to penetrate it." Dena replies with a dismissive gesture once Aric has left. She didn't really think much of his grumpiness. He was always grumpy after all.

Green Fields - Riverside

"I would attend." Celestel says. "It sounds like a good idea. With so few partaking it would be easy to weed out the unwanted elements as well. Three sides, three parties. Of course, the mayor technically represent Eastside. You would the only partner that wouldn't represent a side Lady Tel'Vree."

Gullara
2013-09-07, 07:29 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Allison frowns worriedly. What could possibly be under the bed. She slips off the edge of the bed and bends down to look underneath of it. Hopefully it's just Julianne's concerns getting to her.

[Green Fields ~ Dipsnig and c.o.]

"Don't mind us, boss. Just a little game." Kirk says amusedly. Ah the eternally grumpy goblin. It's always amusing. Even when it's directed at him.

[Valley of Corruption]

Oh dear. Elle's a bit slow on fluids now, so she can't do much to deflect the bird. She dives out of the way and hits the dirt, narrowly avoiding being torn into. She's in trouble, though.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-07, 07:34 PM
Green Fields- Snacks Table

"Ah." That's enough of an explanation to say he doesn't care to know more. "I am Icarus, representing Excelsior. I would like to know who you are." There's an odd flatness to his words, as if reading off a script.

Beans
2013-09-07, 07:44 PM
[Green Fields]
Caroline, minor death goddess and here as a HALO member---mostly I'm here because Angela is too flirty and Kyne is too stabby.
She looks around the crowd, still a little on edge, never really at ease.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-07, 07:44 PM
[Temple of Purity]

Underneath the bed the crude symbol of the unspeakable have been drawn. While an occultist could tell it's purpose and what outsider it invokes someone else will probably just see it as a "scary symbol" since that's basically what it is.

It resembles an eye with what appears to be like tendrils or branches leading out from it. It looks hastily drawn onto the floorboards.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-07, 07:52 PM
Green Fields- Snack Table

"Death goddess?" Now, that has his attention. It even merits a slight fluctuation in tone. "An interesting profession. And I should warn you, the AMENite has spiked the food with hot pepper." Not that it's stopping him from eating as he pleases.

Beans
2013-09-07, 08:12 PM
[Green Fields - Someone Ate All The Macaroons]
Carrie blinks. Oh... um... thanks for warning me.
And death goddessing is good, as long as you can manage talking to people a lot---dead people have a lot to deal with.

Lady Serpentine
2013-09-07, 08:31 PM
Fel turns to Carrie.

Um, excuse me.

Fel immediately goes after Lyn.

Lyn, wait.

What's wrong?

I've upset you somehow, what did I do?

Lyn turns, eyes going to black from their usual dark violet, and bright purple sparks trailing from her fingers. "You know what I am," she hisses sharply, a slender knife the length of her forearm, and the color of her eyes, seeming to appear from the air in her hand, spinning in a circle that nearly touches Fel's cheek, then another that does the same in the opposite direction. "But just in case you have forgotten... I. Am. A. Thief. A professional one," she goes on, the knife vanishing as quickly as it appeared. "And now you say, without so much as a mention, much less a proper discussion, that you are to become a hero." She spits the last word, turning it to an insult, the sparks swirling up to cover her arms as she does. "That pits you against me. Do you see now why you have 'upset' me?"

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-07, 08:56 PM

"I'd imagine so." Mostly a lot of wailing and begging, he'd imagine. Not a job that appeals to him. "But, I'd also have to wonder if they don't have people for that sort of thing in the afterlife? At least the pleasant ones?"

Felandria
2013-09-07, 08:56 PM
Lyn turns, eyes going to black from their usual dark violet, and bright purple sparks trailing from her fingers. "You know what I am," she hisses sharply, a slender knife the length of her forearm, and the color of her eyes, seeming to appear from the air in her hand, spinning in a circle that nearly touches Fel's cheek, then another that does the same in the opposite direction. "But just in case you have forgotten... I. Am. A. Thief. A professional one," she goes on, the knife vanishing as quickly as it appeared. "And now you say, without so much as a mention, much less a proper discussion, that you are to become a hero." She spits the last word, turning it to an insult, the sparks swirling up to cover her arms as she does. "That pits you against me. Do you see now why you have 'upset' me?"

Felandria look genuinely hurt.

Lynette.

I could never be against you.

Babe, don't worry, I'm not going to be dealing with things like that, I'm going after the big flashy stuff.

Giant monsters, evil armies, psychotic demons, the kind of stuff that gets you endorsement deals.

My benefactor says he can make me a star, and gaining the affection of the public is what I need if I'm going to become a real god like my dad.

Besides, think about it, who would ever suspect the hero's true love to be a thief, if anything, this will help keep the heat off of you.

And if this goes well, we'll be rich beyond our wildest dreams, and you know the only thing cooler that a professional thief is a wealthy professional thief who does it for the thrill.

This is something I have to do, and I want you to be my Lois Lane, my Mary Jane.

My Lynette.

What do you say?

You haven't even seen the outfit yet.

Beans
2013-09-07, 09:00 PM

"I'd imagine so." Mostly a lot of wailing and begging, he'd imagine. Not a job that appeals to him. "But, I'd also have to wonder if they don't have people for that sort of thing in the afterlife? At least the pleasant ones?"
She stretches a bit.
Well, my job is basically getting people to the appropriate afterlives. Like college counseling, but with more crying.

FireFox
2013-09-07, 09:04 PM
[Green Fields]

While he waits for the man to approach him and DC, Douglas has been looking around at the other guests. The large women caught his attention when they were talking to his escort, but their talk about heroes and thieves is also interesting.

Gullara
2013-09-07, 09:39 PM
[Temple of Purity]

"...What is that?" Allison backs away from the bed warily and turns to Astrana. "This must be some kind of cruel joke. No one's been in your room besides you and your uncle, right?" She would never expect one of her sisters or brothers, but perhaps one of the temple's guests, or someone snuck in. Whatever the case may be, it's terrible.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-07, 09:56 PM
Green Fields - Reina

Green Fields - Reina

Reina gropes for something else to talk about, quickly running low on topics. "Do you know what this party's for exactly? Something about a new city in the sky?"

"Yeah, I've made a point of not having anything to do with her on her home turf."

But you've made no exception for the homes of people who are dead now, I notice. I'm still mystified by your decision to make Starling the neutral grounds for that bizarre rendezvous between you and Ms. Tel'vree, Mags. Honestly, what the hell were you thinking? :smallyuk:

"And ostensibly, yes. The grand unveiling of Skyside, if the host would hurry up and get with the unveiling already. In practice though, it's all about hearing out various business deals, rejecting various business deals, unabashedly flirting with pretty girls who think I don't know what they're up to, trying to spy on conversations by lip-reading, and subsequently remembering that I've never trained myself in lip-reading, and really ought to stop trying before I embarrass myself in front of the other Magtoks."

The clone beside Pat briefly looks away from N'alae and Hicks to glare at his fellow cyborg.

Zefir
2013-09-08, 03:11 AM
Green Fields

"Does it matter, when we're all here?" Willow says, but she's distracted by watching Vasquez arrive.

Green Fields

"Maybe it's a big trap." Arkant says smiling. I'm not sure right now if it's know that this is about skyside.

GrandDM
2013-09-08, 03:13 AM
Felandria look genuinely hurt.

Lynette.

I could never be against you.

Babe, don't worry, I'm not going to be dealing with things like that, I'm going after the big flashy stuff.

Giant monsters, evil armies, psychotic demons, the kind of stuff that gets you endorsement deals.

My benefactor says he can make me a star, and gaining the affection of the public is what I need if I'm going to become a real god like my dad.

Besides, think about it, who would ever suspect the hero's true love to be a thief, if anything, this will help keep the heat off of you.

And if this goes well, we'll be rich beyond our wildest dreams, and you know the only thing cooler that a professional thief is a wealthy professional thief who does it for the thrill.

This is something I have to do, and I want you to be my Lois Lane, my Mary Jane.

My Lynette.

What do you say?

You haven't even seen the outfit yet.

"Well, if you're looking for psychotic demons, I can point you in the direction of one. Not just any psychotic demon either. This one's a child-kidnapper."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-08, 07:52 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"...What is that?" Allison backs away from the bed warily and turns to Astrana. "This must be some kind of cruel joke. No one's been in your room besides you and your uncle, right?" She would never expect one of her sisters or brothers, but perhaps one of the temple's guests, or someone snuck in. Whatever the case may be, it's terrible.

[Temple of Purity]

"I don't know." Astrana mumbles, still pale. She then looks down at the holy book and hugs it, whispering (but still making it audible enough for Allison to hear it) "Thank you."

happyturtle
2013-09-08, 07:59 AM
Green Fields

The Commander leans over to kiss her date's cheek gently. "It's okay. You didn't expect that. Just wanted to snap you out of it."

"Gods and monsters rarely come to the part of the city where I grew up. I'm still not entirely accustomed to... that." He gives a glance back over at the two building size babes, then turns back to his date. "I'm still not accustomed to you for that matter. How did the most desirable woman in the Nexus settle for me?"

Green Fields

"Maybe it's a big trap." Arkant says smiling. I'm not sure right now if it's know that this is about skyside.

"I'm not worried about that. We'd break out." Willow says. A trap that could hold everyone here would be a fearsome thing. Willow's eyes look a little distant as she tries to imagine how she would design such a thing.

Gullara
2013-09-08, 08:11 AM
[Temple of Purity]

"Come and grab your things. We'll move you to a new room and I'll have someone come and clean this one up. I'm going to have to talk to some of the others about this." Allison says.

Morty
2013-09-08, 08:32 AM

Dipsnig's ears droop a little. He now knows what those two are up to, and it disturbs him that he can guess it so easily.

"Right, so you decided to try and sleep with this Aric fellow, and Kirk was trying to ever-so-subtly dissuade him from it. That makes perfect sense," he says in deadpan.

"I imagine I wouldn't be the only person representing Eastside there," O'Donnell says. "I am, after all, only its democratically elected mayor. But then, there's only so many people who can attend such a meeting if it is to be effective. I would have to discuss it with the Parliament."

[Valley of Corruption]

Conrack will find that the vulture doesn't have any particular weak points. The growths and crystals cover its body mostly uniformly, with some spots being tougher than others. A solid thrust anywhere will finish it off.

Meanwhile, Marcus will no doubt notice that one bird is still alive and attacking Elle. It circles back at her and swoops down, trying to tear into her again, but a swift attack could stop it.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-08, 10:18 AM

"I'm glad you're so understanding about this boss. Why don't you pick out our next target?" Dena asks, having no intention to actually let him but she would want to see his reaction.

[Temple of Purity]

Astrana nods and slowly gets up from the floor. She had to make a call to Valente. Whatever the outcome she hoped this would make the corruption more obvious once the temple started to fall.

Gullara
2013-09-08, 10:46 AM

"I think Dipsnig might know us too well, Dena. We might have to get rid of him." Kirk says with a wry grin.

[Temple of Purity]

Allison fetches a few people, one of which escorts Astrana to a new room. Unfortunately while Allison was just trying to wake a few people to deal with this, most of the temple ends up awake and wondering what's going on. Astrana, however, will be left alone for the time being.

Reinholdt
2013-09-08, 11:13 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"Yeah, I've made a point of not having anything to do with her on her home turf."

But you've made no exception for the homes of people who are dead now, I notice. I'm still mystified by your decision to make Starling the neutral grounds for that bizarre rendezvous between you and Ms. Tel'vree, Mags. Honestly, what the hell were you thinking? :smallyuk:

"And ostensibly, yes. The grand unveiling of Skyside, if the host would hurry up and get with the unveiling already. In practice though, it's all about hearing out various business deals, rejecting various business deals, unabashedly flirting with pretty girls who think I don't know what they're up to, trying to spy on conversations by lip-reading, and subsequently remembering that I've never trained myself in lip-reading, and really ought to stop trying before I embarrass myself in front of the other Magtoks."

The clone beside Pat briefly looks away from N'alae and Hicks to glare at his fellow cyborg.

Green Fields - Reina

"Ummm..." Reina says in a way that suggests whatever Magtok was trying to say or imply with all that went over her head. Because it more or less did. She's pretty sure there was some sort of accusation in there about... something though. She's not sure what. Especially since her motivations are more or less innocent today and the accusation was kinda vague.

Fortunately, there is a squabble over there that people seem to be capable of hearing. Largely because it's between two large people who aren't whispering. But it gives Reina a separate topic. "So. Professional thieves nowadays. Seem practically immune to the law. And did you see how the actually glorified that one burglar? It seems... excessive. Why aren't the heroes putting a stop to them?"

Lord Magtok
2013-09-08, 11:32 AM
Green Fields - Reina

"I can't really say. AMENite or not, I'm biased, absurdly biased, and any opinion I have on the matter is going to be as negative and judgmental towards the hero-types as possible. I'm a villain; you've seen what I've said on Wall before." Magtok pleads, trying to avoid stumbling into another long-winded, passionate 'the heroes aren't being heroic enough' rant. He totally would if he thought she wanted him to, though, and all it'd take is a single pleading look to convince him to go on.

UncleWolf
2013-09-08, 12:12 PM
Green Fields - Riverside

"Technically, I believe The Lotus Gardens is a part of Eastside. For this though, we'd probably have to consider my area a neutral territory." Jezebel admits before setting her empty glass aside and grabbing another with her tail.

"Settle? Never. And if I remember right, I dragged you upstairs in Trog's. I don't think there was any amount of "Settling for you" then." Vasquez tells him with a small smile.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-08, 01:05 PM

"We work in opposite directions then. My business is bioengineering, custom-made life. A very fast-growing field." The joke, poor as it is, was probably unintentional.

Beans
2013-09-08, 01:08 PM

"We work in opposite directions then. My business is bioengineering, custom-made life. A very fast-growing field." The joke, poor as it is, was probably unintentional.
What kind of results have you produced so far?
Carrie blinks, wondering what sort of stuff this guy makes. Hopefully lasers are involved. Those are always so cool.
She starts to space out a little and think about lasers.

Ashen Lilies
2013-09-08, 01:23 PM
[Green Fields - DC]

KR-15 smirks and stops, using the argument between the two giant women as a convenient excuse to have his attention drawn away.
Petty, aren't we? Do you really think you can get away with a stunt like that though? Your psychic abilities aren't exactly secret.

[Green Fields - Magtok]

"Hello." Says the green lady, in a heavy French-sounding accent.
"You must be Lord Magtok." She holds out a hand. "My name is Dr. Francesca Bellerose, Assistant Head Researcher at Agricel Aeroponics. It is a pleasure to meet you in person."

Morty
2013-09-08, 01:32 PM

"And then where would you be without my genius vision and leadership?" Dipsnig asks. "Face it Kirk, you'd never do that."

Darkcomet
2013-09-08, 01:43 PM
[Green Fields]

Don't worry, dear. If I truly expected danger, I would have brought Kyne instead of yourself. But since he's here to be diplomatic... Carrie is a much better choice. You are, of course, free to leave if you do feel threatened. He turns back to DC, raising an eyebrow. Is something the matter?

"No," DC answers, somewhat truthfully in that '15's attention has been diverted. "Not now at least."

'15 is given the cold telepathic shoulder. How rude.

Meanwhile, N'alae is over there still, doing nothing by Sgt. Generic.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-08, 02:13 PM

"I am a result myself of genetic engineering." Icarus raises his arms to his sides and unfurls his wings to their full span, demonstrating the product of Excelsior's hard work. "I can testify it to be a very pleasant existence."

Beans
2013-09-08, 02:21 PM

"I am a result myself of genetic engineering." Icarus raises his arms to his sides and unfurls his wings to their full span, demonstrating the product of Excelsior's hard work. "I can testify it to be a very pleasant existence."
Carrie's own wings snap shut in surprise; she blinks, admiring the benefits of SCIEEEEEEEEEEENCE.
Alright, now that's pretty cool.

Reinholdt
2013-09-08, 02:54 PM
Green Fields - Reina

"I can't really say. AMENite or not, I'm biased, absurdly biased, and any opinion I have on the matter is going to be as negative and judgmental towards the hero-types as possible. I'm a villain; you've seen what I've said on Wall before." Magtok pleads, trying to avoid stumbling into another long-winded, passionate 'the heroes aren't being heroic enough' rant. He totally would if he thought she wanted him to, though, and all it'd take is a single pleading look to convince him to go on.

Green Fields - Reina

"It's a shame about that too, Luthor. You could save the world if you really wanted to. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixFgLXHonk) You know, be a true hero. We could use more of those around here. Even just one." Reina says with quiet introspection.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-08, 04:44 PM

"I don't, Kirk could make some interesting changes around in NO. Wouldn't you Kirky?" Dena asks as she eyes him. "I imagine we could hire a lot more people if we just used some tasteful posters of you."

Green Fields - Riverside

"If you say so. We would have to discuss what to do with AMEN. There is only a question of time before they start attacking again, we already have a few minor incidents with their members." Like that guy you put a bounty on right?

[Temple of Purity]

Once Astrana is sure she is alone, listening to the door to make sure. She speak out. "Sylv?"

Felandria
2013-09-08, 04:47 PM
"Well, if you're looking for psychotic demons, I can point you in the direction of one. Not just any psychotic demon either. This one's a child-kidnapper."

((Felandria will respond to this as soon as she finishes talking to Lynette))

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-08, 05:01 PM

"Indeed." His wings fold neatly back into place. "And we're quite excited about this development, it seems very convenient to our goal." 'Excited' isn't a word most would think to describe him with. "Were you informed as to the purpose of us being here?"

Lord Magtok
2013-09-08, 06:40 PM
Green Fields - Green Woman

[Green Fields - Magtok]

"My name is Dr. Francesca Bellerose, Assistant Head Researcher at Agricel Aeroponics. It is a pleasure to meet you in person."

"One of them, anyways."

Because jokes about him being multiple people never gets old, clearly. Also, assistant Head Researcher? That's going to take a while to wrap his head around. How could one be head and assistant at the same time? Maybe he misheard and she said assistant to the head researcher? Hrm...

"Aeroponics, you said? So thematically, this all fits rather nicely then, doesn't it?"

'This' being Skyside, of course.

Green Fields - Reina

Magtok takes a deep breath, lets it out, and dwells silently on Reina's words, trying to put together a response. His first instinct is to hurt her, slap her stupid, judgmental face, scream accusations and demand to know who she thinks she is, saying a thing like that to him when he'd been nothing but polite toward her up until that point, when they'd been talking of light-hearted, inconsequential party things. Seriously, where does she get off?! She's done her homework and looked in the history books; she knows he's helped out with apocalypses, when he could've easily just sat in his cave and let someone else do all the work. Just because he's not Superman, because he's not perfect, because he doesn't hold himself to a higher standard than anyone else holds themselves to, that doesn't-

But he doesn't do that. He doesn't do any of that. Hands shaking, he sets his drink down on a table before he either drops or spills it, blinking back what he would loudly insist are not tears. Raptor Christ, Reina happened across one of the only conversation topics that could pierce right through Magtok's facade, crush him utterly and absolutely.

"C-Cassius is trying to be one. I'm sponsoring the tall redhead to see if she has what it takes to become one, too. I-I couldn't, really. Not now."

He told Chelonie he was redeemed. Insisted that he understood things now, in the heat of some horrific apocalypse, and that he was, at long last, above all that crime and capers. He can't remember ever talking to her afterward. Once that apocalypse came and went, he just couldn't bare to face her, to acknowledge how badly he had failed to keep that promise to Happy and himself. Hell, he can hardly ever seem to stomach talking to Butler these days, even if they are supposedly the best of friends. The weight of his sins just seem that much more real and inescapable when held in comparison to someone who has none of their own.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 06:52 PM
Green Fields

"Well, if it's a hovering death station out to kill us all, I might want previous warning, so I can call on Project Damocles" Cat says, waving what is obviously a keyless-entry fob.

It even says 'Ford' on it.

"Not Madame; I am not noble-born. If you must give me a title, I would prefer Dame, and I assure you the honour is mine, Miss Rebecca." A woman with a knighthood (like the athlete Kelly Holmes) is addressed as 'Dame' in the UK, so that's good enough for me.

Azurelle smiles slightly at the bow, expecting a curtsey.

"Ah, then, my apologies, Dame Azurelle," Rebecca says, clearly slightly tenative through not being used to using such formal terms.

She's used to 'hey you', 'yo', and 'hot buns', of course.

"So...you said Order of the Centipede? That would be Dahlarech, yes?" she says, mangling the name horribly.

Meanwhile, another figure approaches, a brown-haired woman in an odd-looking red ensemble, and Susan looks around at the gathered group as if she were sizing it up for an orbital strike...

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7325/tek4e26b0435f21f0583135.png

"So, I wonder whose bright idea it was to put all these eggs in one basket?" she muses to her companion...

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 07:03 PM
Green Fields

"Yes, I follow Dalachrech. I am not a cleric, however- not any more, anyway. The Order of the Centipede defends the Temples, rather than staffing them. The Grand Mistress has a seat on the Dalachrechian Religious Council, but there has not been a large threat to all four branches of the faith since its formation and they have never formally met. I'm pledged to defend them, so I am primarily here as a bodyguard, champion should either of the clerics get challenged to a duel, and to try and find people that are willing to join the Order. We're a bit understaffed at the moment, you see." That last is an understatement; Azurelle is currently the only fully-trained paladin in the Order. There are two promising recruits at the moment, though.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-08, 07:09 PM
Green Fields

"One basket, but the eggs are from a wide variety of sources. A total annihilation strike on this location would result in the attacking party being set up against almost the entire Nexus. Only a fool would do that."

Neni, a hovering robot, projects her holographic avatar. "Will you explain now why we are here, or will I have to wait until the event is done?"

Somewhere Else in Green Fields

There's some nobles from Northside here... two purple-skinned tentacle-haired women, and one man in very heavy armor along as their escort. They talk among themselves (even the bodyguard) but would not turn down a conversation with others.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 07:29 PM
Green Fields

"I see. I'm in a...similar role, you might say," 'Rebecca' lies, nodding in the direction of Jezebel. "Bodyguard, elbow candy, general gofer, that's me," she continues with a bit of a chuckle. "I have to say it's a bit of an interesting experience, though, you get to meet all kinds of fun people."

"A fool or a madman, and there's no shortage of the latter around these parts. Or the former, actually," Susan points out, even as she pulls a sheet of paper from a pocket. "As for why we're here, Mom got an invitation and gave it to me, so, here we are. I understand some sort of super-special event thing is going on and I'm supposed to see and be seen."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 07:35 PM
Green Fields

"Oh? Well, if you ever choose to worship the deity responsible for all of the food you eat and the flowers that pale beside your beauty, I think there might be a position for you- if appearances are deceiving, as you don't look like an effective bodyguard. That said, the best ones never do." Although whomever hires them often has more conventional bodyguards to serve as intimidation, even if the true muscle lies elsewhere.

Beans
2013-09-08, 07:37 PM

"Indeed." His wings fold neatly back into place. "And we're quite excited about this development, it seems very convenient to our goal." 'Excited' isn't a word most would think to describe him with. "Were you informed as to the purpose of us being here?"
She shakes her head, finishing off a Shirley Temple---can't be getting smashed now.
No, not really---I'm pretty out-of-touch in terms of... well, most stuff in the Nexus these days.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 07:50 PM
Green Fields

"Oh? Well, if you ever choose to worship the deity responsible for all of the food you eat and the flowers that pale beside your beauty, I think there might be a position for you- if appearances are deceiving, as you don't look like an effective bodyguard. That said, the best ones never do." Although whomever hires them often has more conventional bodyguards to serve as intimidation, even if the true muscle lies elsewhere.

'Rebecca' chuckles at that. "Oh, I have my surprises. I believe Lady Jezebel is able to take care of herself and my duties mostly fall into the latter two categories. As for worship...well, I certainly pay my respects to the appropriate deities, but I believe I have found the one for me." Still looking at Jezzy, yep. "Now, if you would ever like to pay a visit to the Lotus Gardens..." Now she turns her full attention to Azurelle, looking her over appraisingly - and appreciatively.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 07:54 PM
Green Fields

Much of Azurelle's figure is hidden by her platemail armour, but she is very pretty; she isn't wearing a helm. "I might do, but I'll only ever visit. As a paladin, I follow in my father's footsteps- to an extent- and correct the mistakes the Order he belonged to made." Azurelle is comfortable and faithful in her existing deity- she trusts Dalachrech enough to become a paladin when He asked, despite not wishing to go down that route in the beginning.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 08:07 PM
[Green Fields]

"Visitors are always welcome." And, like the Hotel California, they often find it impossible to leave, although in this case it's from never wanting to. "I'm sure you'd find a visit...most enjoyable." 'Rebecca' is of course dressed as described here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15944517&postcount=5), and looking slightly uncomfortable in it. "Enough so that I decided it was where I wished to devote myself."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 08:15 PM
Green Fields

"Oh, I'm sure. But Dalachrech needs me, and so do my students. I train the recruits in many different disciplines, each chosen by Dalachrech Himself." Not all of them are legal, and most are immoral.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 08:26 PM
[Green Fields]

Many would say the same abot the Masks, of course!
"True, and I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated." Rebecca smiles happily, and remains discreetly pondering Azurelle's figure. "But if you ever wish to spend a vacation day..."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 08:33 PM
Green Fields

"I shall think about it. What kind of attire is usually worn?" The Order of the Centipede trusts its paladins to be familiar with the use of most melee weapons, skilled in the use of three, experienced both at withstanding and performing advanced interrogation techniques, familiar with alchemical procedures and know how to safely apply poison to a melee weapon.

Reinholdt
2013-09-08, 08:46 PM
[Green Fields - Reina]

"I've never been a fan of the 'it's too late for me' philosophy." Reina downs her drink, already feeling a little tipsy. "But I have a wild idea." She whispers conspiratorially.

Before leaning in all the way up to Magtok's ear and whispering some more.

[Green Fields - Classy Hat Reinholdt]

Look at that! A well dressed Reinholdt is arriving, with a spiffy top hat designed for his ears. Not that anyone here would recognize him as a Reinholdt. He is well muscled and easy on the eyes, but he's not the flaming hawt, pink eyed sniper guy everyone's used to.

Nope, this guy is more like Butler with clothes. Also a camera. He's smiling and waving to people as well as taking a few pictures. He is the press and he's here to do his job! Though someone can talk to them if they wish, or even pose for the camera. Most everyone here will have their photograph attempted to be taken at one point or another. Maybe a few extra of Felandria than is necessary, but he's generally very polite about it.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 08:57 PM
Green Fields

That actually makes the shadowmancer pause for a moment, her lips twitching as amusement dances in her eyes. "What kind of attire? Well, I suppose you could describe it as...casual. Quite casual. Depending on where you are, of course; in some places, nothing more than pants is needed."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 09:07 PM
Green Fields

"Oh, I see. That sounds... Most intriguing." Azurelle smiles.

The Bushranger
2013-09-08, 09:13 PM
Green Fields

"It is. Quite." 'Rebecca' returns the smile, as she nods. "I'm sure you would find it relaxing."

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 09:21 PM
Green Fields

"Thank you for the invitation. I'm afraid I can't invite you to my citadel; I don't have the authority at the moment. I can invite you to Bugside, though- the Dragonfly Association, a gang devoted to Dalachrech, has claimed a portion of what was Southside and turned it into a new neighbourhood. So long as you obey what few laws the Association chooses to put into place, they'll leave you alone." I've just about finished a word document for rolling up randomised guards, using the nature of the Nexus to gain equipment and members. Expect anything, in squads of five.