Key abilities: Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather.
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Simple Ranged
Implements: Rods, Orbs, Staffs, Wands
Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Will

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points Per Level Gained:
Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: From the class skills list below, select four trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Arcana, Athletics, Bluff, Diplomacy, History, Insight, Intimidate, Perception, Streetwise.

Class Features: Cerebral Storm, Psionic Augmentation, Euphoric Blast

Wilder Class Features:
Wilder have the following class features:

Cerebral Versatility
When you learn an at-will power, you may learn an at-will psion or ardent power of the same level instead, and when you gain power points, you may instead learn a wizard or sorcerer encounter power of the same level.

Psionic Augmentation

Euphoric Blast
You gain the Euphoric Blast power.

Euphoric Blast
Encounter • Force, Psionic, Implement
Standard Action Close burst 5
Target: Each creature in Burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier damage, and the targets take -1 to their will defense.
Roll a d10. If it lands on 1, you are dazed until next turn.

Kurald Galain
2013-09-02, 04:25 PM
When you use a power that gains a bonus from your Charisma, Intelligence, or Wisdom modifier, roll a d6. If it lands on 1 or 3, you use your charisma modifier.
If it lands on 6 or 3, you use your intelligence modifier. If it lands on 4 or 5, you use your wisdom modifier.
That strikes me as rather annoying. What's the point of this mechanic?

Also, this should probably be in the homebrew forum.

Arkhosia
2013-09-02, 04:30 PM
That strikes me as rather annoying. What's the point of this mechanic?

Also, this should probably be in the homebrew forum.

How about it being an option to roll to decide?

Morty
2013-09-02, 04:31 PM
How does it benefit the character, though?

Mando Knight
2013-09-02, 04:31 PM
It's simply a bad mechanic. Just make them Charisma primary with Con/Int secondary.

Personally, I think you should start with top-level design, rather than just posting the barest skeleton of a class idea with no notes. All that I get from this is "Psionic Chaos Sorcerer," which... doesn't make a class, it makes an edge case build.

Arkhosia
2013-09-02, 04:35 PM
How about the option of using one of the other two modifiers for an attack roll?

Mando Knight
2013-09-02, 04:38 PM
How about the option of using one of the other two modifiers for an attack roll?

That's largely unnecessary, and there's no reason for it.

Kurald Galain
2013-09-02, 04:39 PM
How about it being an option to roll to decide?
Because you never want to roll for it, you always want the highest of the three to apply.

Incidentally, wands are intended as a strictly Arcane implement.

Arkhosia
2013-09-02, 04:43 PM
Because you never want to roll for it, you always want the highest of the three to apply.

Incidentally, wands are intended as a strictly Arcane implement.

Okay. Will remove the wand as an implement, made Cerebral storm function so that the highest modifier of those stats is used as the bonus to attack roll

incandescent
2013-09-02, 05:00 PM
I don't understand the point of cerebral storm. I assume the class's natove attacks would be charisma based. Do you intend to have a multiclass focus or is there something i don't know about the wilder? (i'm not very knowledgable about pervious editions).

And i second the motion of getting a solid idea before posting. I was going to comment on euphoric blast, but it was edited about three times while i was thinking of what to say :P.

Kurald Galain
2013-09-02, 05:03 PM
Okay. Will remove the wand as an implement, made Cerebral storm function so that the highest modifier of those stats is used as the bonus to attack roll

This may not be your intent, but it makes the Wilder a prime candidate for poaching powers from other classes. After all, you can now (e.g.) make a charisma-based character that grabs the best cleric or wizard powers.

Arkhosia
2013-09-02, 05:13 PM
This may not be your intent, but it makes the Wilder a prime candidate for poaching powers from other classes. After all, you can now (e.g.) make a charisma-based character that grabs the best cleric or wizard powers.

Ooh, that's actually a great idea!
I think I might switch cerebral storm to a different class feature that allows you to learn ardent or psion at-will powers instead, and to be able to learn a wizard, warlock, or sorcerer encounter power instead of gaining power points.