PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon Lineage + Sneak Attack question

Darkweave31
2013-09-02, 07:29 PM
So the Blue Dragon Lineage feat (Dragon Magic, pg. 15) allows you to expend a spell slot to make a number of ranged touch attacks equal to the level of the slot expended. If you had sneak attack, would these ranged touch attacks all benefit?

Second would this be considered a supernatural ability like a few other draconic feats? It isn't noted in the feat itself or in the description of draconic feats.

If sneak attack were applied to each ranged touch attack and it wasn't subject to spell resistance this could get really silly really quickly... :smallbiggrin:

Grayson01
2013-09-02, 07:57 PM
As long as it met the prereqs for a sneak attack I don't see why it would not. I.E. for a ranged Sneak Attack must be with in 30 ft and they must be flatfooted. So if you cast greater Invisibility before hand or retibutive invisibility. Oh and the Ranged attack must deal damage of some kind.

Snowbluff
2013-09-02, 08:00 PM
It's Ex if it's not listed as Su.

If it's a standard action, then it's a volley and you can only SA once.

Darkweave31
2013-09-02, 08:20 PM
Ok, it's considered a volley so only one of the attacks gets SA. Where is the rule for that? I thought that was just specific to manyshot...

Still it's not terrible as a minor blast, especially if it turns out to be Ex like you said... gives something to throw out in an anti-magic field. Though the voice of reason in me says that it should be Su. Still, either way, no spell resistance to worry about.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-02, 09:16 PM
Ok, it's considered a volley so only one of the attacks gets SA. Where is the rule for that?
Rules Compendium, on page 42.

Darkweave31
2013-09-02, 09:17 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Firebug
2013-09-02, 11:36 PM
That entry in the Rules Compendium confuses me. It uses as an example "quickened scorching ray" as if it had to be quickened to fall under this rule.