PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mr. Burlew

Acisran
2013-09-02, 11:18 PM
Long time reader, first time poster blah blah blah.

I just wanted to give Mr. Burlew a heartfelt thank you for the massive amount of entertainment I've gained from this webcomic.

I started in 2004, issue 20 or 30 something, from a link that a friend of a friend sent me and its been bookmarked since.

I just finished a three day marathon re-reading of all of it and it just struck me how cleverly written and well planned it is (and if it wasn't, how awesome a writer we have here to be able to make it seem so).

I remember tearing up the first time when Roy was reunited with his younger brother who asked if he wanted to play blocks.

I remember having my own heart feel like breaking during the Therkla and Elan storyline climax.

I remember where I was and what I was doing in my own life during several of the plot lines and plot closures and just felt an overwhelming need to say thank you for nearly a decade of solid entertainment.

Thank you sir, may all your hits be crits.

Curaced
2013-09-03, 01:45 AM
I would rate Oots as my single favorite webcomic (and I read quite a few). It is EXTREMELY well written, able to provide an excellent plot and storyline while at the same time making me laugh, a rare thing these days. Writing this is a great service you provide to the world, and I thank you with all my heart.

Onyavar
2013-09-03, 03:17 AM
I would rate Oots as my single favorite webcomic (and I read quite a few).

Signed. Text

littlebum2002
2013-09-03, 07:49 AM
I remember having my own heart feel like breaking during the Therkla and Elan storyline climax.

This.

I also want to note that, while I have OotS in my RSS reader, I never actually get to it, because I always check this website before checking it, anyway. SO it ends up just annoying me when I do get to reading my feeds, but I don't mind...

BungleBee
2013-09-03, 08:38 AM
Yes, indeed! Thank you Rich!

Bob

DiamondHooHaMan
2013-09-03, 08:41 AM
my fave webcomic. no question. MASSIVE love and respect to ya Mr. Burlew. shine on you crazy diamond

Dwy
2013-09-03, 09:10 AM
I really and truly admire the Giant's skills at making interesting, well fleshed-out characters. That level of awesomeness despite the relatively simple medium is inspring to a long time MMO-roleplayer.