PDA

View Full Version : [Spells] Thats the spirit!

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-20, 10:47 PM
Summon Wild Spirit I
Conjuration (Summoning)
Level: Druid 1, Spirit Shaman 1, Fey 1
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One summoned creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell functions like summon monster I (see page 285 of the Player's Handbook), except that you summon a spirit animal (Frostburn, p. 155).
Summon Wild Spirit I conjures one of the creatures from the 1st-level list in the Summon Wild Spirit table below. You choose which creature to summon, and you can change that choice each time you cast the spell.

1st level
Spirit Caribou2
Spirit Dire Rat
Spirit Eagle
Spirit Fox, Arctic2
Spirit Octupus1
Spirit Owl
Spirit Porpoise1
Spirit Seal2
Spirit Snake, Small Viper
Spirit Wolf

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit II
Conjuration (Summoning) [see text for summon wild spirit I]
Level: Druid 2, Spirit Shaman 2, Fey 2
Effect: One or more summoned spirits, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 2nd-level list or 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 1st-level list.

2nd level
Spirit Bat Swarm
Spirit Bear, Black
Spirit Crocodile
Spirit Dire Badger
Spirit Dire Bat
Spirit Rat Swarm
Spirit Shark, Medium1
Spirit Snake, Meium Viper
Spirit Squid1
Spirit Walrus2
Spirit Wolverine

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit III
Level: Druid 3, Spirit Shaman 3, Fey 3
Effect: One or more summoned spirits, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 3rd-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 2nd-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from the 1st-level list.

3rd level
Spirit Ape
Spirit Dire Weasel
Spirit Dire Wolf
Spirit Lion
Spirit Shark, Large1
Spirit Snake, Constrictor
Spirit Snake, Large Viper

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit IV
Level: Druid 4, Spirit Shaman 4, Fey 4

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 4th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 3rd-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

4th level
Spirit Bear, Brown
Spirit Crocodile, Giant
Spirit Deinonychus
Spirit Dire Ape
Spirit Dire Boar
Spirit Dire Wolverine
Spirit Glyptodon2
Spirit Shark, Huge1
Spirit Snake, Huge viper
Spirit Tiger

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit V
Level: Druid 5, Spirit Shaman 5, Fey 5

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 5th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 4th-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

5th level
Spirit Bear, polar
Spirit Dire lion
Spirit Elasmosaurus
Spirit Megaloceros2
Spirit Rhinoceros
Spirit Smilodon
Spirit Snake, giant constrictor
Spirit Whale, orca1

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit VI
Level: Druid 6, Spirit Shaman 6, Fey 6

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 6th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 5th-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

6th level
Spirit Spirit Dire Bear
Spirit Elephant
Spirit Megaraptor
Spirit Octopus, Giant1
Spirit Whale, Baleen1

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit VII
Level: Druid 7, Spirit Shaman 7, Fey 7

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 7th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 6th-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

7th level
Spirit Dire Tiger
Spirit Squid, Giant1
Spirit Triceratops
Spirit Tyrannosaurus
Spirit Whale, Cachalot1

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit VIII
Level: Druid 8, Spirit Shaman 8, Fey 8

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 8th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 7th-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

8th level
Spirit Dire Shark1
Spirit Legendary Bear (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/epicNonAbominations.html#legendary-animal)3
Spirit Roc
Spirit Wooly Mammoth2
Spirit Zeuglodon1,2

-=-=-=-=-=-

Summon Wild Spirit IX
Level: Druid 9, Spirit Shaman 9, Fey 9

This spell functions like summon wild spirit I, except that you can summon one spirit from the 9th-level list, 1d3 spirits of the same kind from the 8th-level list, or 1d4+1 spirits of the same kind from a lower-level list.

9th level
Spirit Dire Polar Bear2
Spirit Legendary Lion (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/epicNonAbominations.html#legendary-animal)3

1 May be summoned only into an aquatic or watery environment.
2 From Frostburn
3 From the Epic Level Handbook

The_Cowinator
2006-12-20, 11:13 PM
5th level
Spirit Bear, polar
Spirit Dire lion
Spirit Elasmosaurus
Spirit Megaloceros2
Spirit Rhinoceros
Spirit Smilodon
Spirit Snake, giant constrictor
Spirit Whale, orca

1 May be summoned only into an aquatic or watery environment.
2 From Frostburn
3 From the Epic Level Handbook

Wait a sec... You can summon an Orca Spirit on dry land (or in the desert for that matter...)?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-20, 11:46 PM
Wait a sec... You can summon an Orca Spirit on dry land (or in the desert for that matter...)?
:smallannoyed:

Winged One
2006-12-21, 12:06 AM
Do Druids get to cast these spontaneously like SNA?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-21, 12:36 AM
Do Druids get to cast these spontaneously like SNA?
Nope, totally different spell. Druids can cast SNA, and only SNA spontaneously.

Spirit animals are actually +1 CR to normal animals, so this spell is actually slightly more powerful than SNA. However, as you can only apply this to animals, and every last one of them turn into fey, and you can't as mentioned cast it spontaneously, I felt this made up for the slight increase in power. Not nearly as much flexibility.

Winged One
2006-12-21, 12:45 AM
Well, it's as balanced as any new CoDzilla spell can be.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-21, 03:05 PM
Well, it's as balanced as any new CoDzilla spell can be.
CoDzilla? :smallconfused:

Winged One
2006-12-21, 03:57 PM
ClericOrDruidZilla, a term refering to the idea that a well-build Cleric or Druid will breathe radioactive fire and stomp on Tokyo. But lets not get off topic with that discussion.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-06, 06:20 PM
ClericOrDruidZilla, a term refering to the idea that a well-build Cleric or Druid will breathe radioactive fire and stomp on Tokyo. But lets not get off topic with that discussion.
Ah, gotcha :smallwink:

magic8BALL
2007-02-07, 10:27 AM
Plus, it takes on the comical appearance of a fish! (well, the druid would any way...)

Oh, the spells...

Sure... now I need to get the Frostbourn book for the Spirit template, AND THE DIRE POLAR BEAR OF DOOM!!!

Why all the winter based themes? It's clearly the middle of summer... I suppose by the time snow free winter comes, there'll be an influx in dessart type things?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-08, 12:25 AM
Sure... now I need to get the Frostbourn book for the Spirit template, AND THE DIRE POLAR BEAR OF DOOM!!!

Why all the winter based themes? It's clearly the middle of summer... I suppose by the time snow free winter comes, there'll be an influx in dessart type things?
Well, actually, most of these aren't arctic based, especially the dinosaurs. However, I'm running an arctic-based game (see A Dying Ember in my signature) so I tend to write a good deal for it.

I went desert nutty when Sandstorm came out thought.

Rumda
2007-02-09, 04:42 AM
It's clearly the middle of summer... I suppose by the time snow free winter comes, there'll be an influx in dessart type things?
hey not everyone lives with your crazy moon seasons