PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] what's the coolest exotic ranged weapon you know?

Feint's End
2013-09-03, 11:58 AM
Long story short I got a free Exotic Weapon Profiency on my Summoner which I plan to spend on any ranged exotic weapon. Reason for ranged is pretty obvious ... want to stay outside melee, decent dex, low strength, etc etc

So I decided to ask you guys about your favourite cool exotic ranged weapon. The cooler the better!

AWiz_Abroad
2013-09-03, 12:03 PM
Harpoon. Stormwrack

Psyren
2013-09-03, 12:08 PM
What race are you? (For both size and fluff reasons)

A heavy repeating crossbow is pretty gnomish for instance.

Feint's End
2013-09-03, 12:14 PM
Half Elf ... we are playing 3.5 but my dm is pretty accepting when it comes to PF so I'm allowed to play Summoner and I even get the favourite class bonus. Also I can take ancestral arm so that's were I have the feat from.

My Character didn't grow up with elfes but I can have one weapon that was the only thing I was left with (basically the only thing that remembers me of my parents) and my dm let me choose which weapon that is. So maybe elfish? I also have part fey in my blood (nymphs kiss reflavoured to a heritage feat).

Psyren
2013-09-03, 12:21 PM
How about a Whip? You get dex to attack, decent reach and it fits a summoner thematically.

Beyond that and the crossbow there's not a lot that leaps to mind immediately. Grappling Hook? Lasso? Boomerang?

pwykersotz
2013-09-03, 12:26 PM
Beyond that and the crossbow there's not a lot that leaps to mind immediately. Grappling Hook? Lasso? Boomerang?

I have always loved the Xen'Drik Boomerang coupled with the feats Boomerang Daze and Boomerang Ricochet if they can be spared. The fact that the save for the daze is based on damage dealt means it can be nicely optimized.

Winds of Nagual
2013-09-03, 12:30 PM
It's not 'exotic' per se, but I had a lot of fun with chakram! And it's not on the summoner weapon list.

Feint's End
2013-09-03, 12:34 PM
How about a Whip? You get dex to attack, decent reach and it fits a summoner thematically.

Hmm Whip is a good start I think. Isn't there a whip somewhere which deals leathal damage?

as for boomerang: Problem is I don't think I can spare more than (and not sure about that) 1 feat for the weapon since at 1st I take nymph's kiss and at 3rd create woundrous item

and chakram: I'd like to have a weapon I can use over and over ... while Chakram is a really cool weapon it's affected by str (in my build not the best though I don't have a malus neiter) and needs some work to work every round (ie teleporting or returning at least)... still an option though

zilonox
2013-09-04, 09:02 AM
Hmm Whip is a good start I think. Isn't there a whip somewhere which deals leathal damage?

Arms and Equipment Guide had the whip dagger that dealt lethal damage. It's a 3.0 book, but the whip dagger should be usable without much conversion work.

Big Fau
2013-09-04, 09:33 AM
Everything made by Torgue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM7hLzhAdD8).