PDA

View Full Version : What if...Elan and Nale was rised for the opposite parent?

Solrac_Zechnas
2013-09-03, 02:33 PM
Imagine the next eccenary. Tarquin for whatever reason takes Elan and rising him in the western continent meanwhile Nale is rised for his mother in her village.

What do you believe would happen with the two twins?

My personal guess it's what Nale with his bad attitude but with the education of his mother he transform in a simple guy with much jerk moments (but never to a evil poinnt), with great confidence in himself (but never in the same way what the real Nale) with the bad habit of do over-complicated plans for be rich and famous how an adventurer.
His relation with the Order be similar in the way Belkar is with the order, but without the ramdom killings. In this version of the Order, Nale annoy to Roy with his clare intentions in become the leader and take treasures over the mission. But in the end it's a competent member of the Order.

With Elan the story it's more complicated, like Nale, he can learn so much of Tarquin, but he suffer all see what his father it's more interested in his plans for become a legend besides of rising him how a normal kid. With his good heart he start to reject the evil plans of his father. Soon the others menbers of the Tarquin's team see in Elan how a fool and rejected him.
Tarquin with his sevey genre savvy know what his son will become a type of Anti-hero and give him his own team for have his own adventures.
Elan how leader of the Lineal Guild try of be no a villain (with bad results) thanks to Sabine, Thog and the Drow and Kobold.

Emulgator
2013-09-03, 02:56 PM
I believe that Nale multiclass partially come from studying under each of Team Tarquin and learning Rogue class from Catgirl, Sorcerer from Miron, etc.
He'd propably be a sarcastic sorcerer, kinda like Girard.

The Pilgrim
2013-09-03, 03:13 PM
Nale would be Elan with some brains, probably good but not as pure-hearted. He would be probably leading his own team by now. Though he would love his mother, he couldn't help to look at his mother with some comptempt because, unlike me, the old woman is too disorganized to actually make his complicated schemes work on the long run.

Elan would be Nale without brains. Luckly for him, his Father would have given up long ago any plans about turning him into a villiain, and would be just keeping him locked in his room with his puppet, living in his own personal universe. Then, one day, he would casually meet the beautiful daughter of the leader of the resistance.

thereaper
2013-09-07, 03:02 PM
What if...we stopped making this thread over and over again?

Look, Elan seems to believe that Nale wouldn't have been messed up if he hadn't been raised by Tarquin, so it stands to reason that if it had been Elan, he probably would have ended up as the evil one.

dancrilis
2013-09-07, 03:16 PM
What if...we stopped making this thread over and over again?

Look, Elan seems to believe that Nale wouldn't have been messed up if he hadn't been raised by Tarquin, so it stands to reason that if it had been Elan, he probably would have ended up as the evil one.

Why bring a topic back from the second page to the first one, only to complain about it existing?

I think the discussion if more about the personalities and the affect on them.
Elan's love of the dramatic is inherited, as is Nale's complex planning.
There alignment is learned (roughly). (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0725.html)

So we can assume that as such Elan would have retained his love of the dramatic and possible ended up as a Neutral Evil Bard (or Lawful Evil Rogue with a focus on preforming and story), and Nale would have likely kept his multi-classing to cover all his bases and ended up Good.

What I am having trouble imaging is Elan the Lawful Good Rogue.
Or Nale continuing his planning in a complex manner while being Good.

But it could be an interesting what-if story if the Giant ever wanted to write it (and would likely end up very different to my comments above).

Gift Jeraff
2013-09-07, 03:16 PM
Elan would basically be the MitD, minus the hidden intellect and superpowers.

Nale would be an anti-hero.

thereaper
2013-09-07, 04:09 PM
Why bring a topic back from the second page to the first one, only to complain about it existing?

I think the discussion if more about the personalities and the affect on them.
Elan's love of the dramatic is inherited, as is Nale's complex planning.
There alignment is learned (roughly). (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0725.html)

So we can assume that as such Elan would have retained his love of the dramatic and possible ended up as a Neutral Evil Bard (or Lawful Evil Rogue with a focus on preforming and story), and Nale would have likely kept his multi-classing to cover all his bases and ended up Good.

What I am having trouble imaging is Elan the Lawful Good Rogue.
Or Nale continuing his planning in a complex manner while being Good.

But it could be an interesting what-if story if the Giant ever wanted to write it (and would likely end up very different to my comments above).

You know what? You're absolutely right.

I thought I was on the first page, but apparently I was on the second.

I am shamed.

Bulhakov
2013-09-07, 05:51 PM
I love the idea that if Elan was raised by Tarquin he would end up as the cliche "BBEG's daughter that falls for the resistance leader"

It's difficult to picture an opposite for that. Maybe a charismatic bard with a dark secret? Heel turn? Murder sprees with his succubus girlfriend? No idea here.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-07, 07:01 PM
Nale: I'm thinking he would still fulfill the comic relief character role of the OOTS, but instead of goofy foolishness and genre savvy, its in all his wacky complicated plans that he keeps coming up with, Roy would still facepalm, Haley would still fall in love, its just that the humor would change.

Elan: well he would be Nale's opposite, so he would be genre-savvy, and due to Tarquin, he might be even more genre-savvy. however Elan isn't a planner, so he'd sorta be this genre-savvy indy ploy villain? he would clearly be evil, but would he be Nalish about it? perhaps he would become one of those disturbing child villains. he acts in a childish sweet manner but like a child, he would be cruel and immature, complete with fake smile and acting cutesy.

or maybe it would resolve itself into a joker-batman dynamic, with Nale being some sort of wacky comic relief version of batman and Elan being some twisted childish version of the joker?

Harbinger
2013-09-07, 07:09 PM
Elan would be a Chaotic Evil psychopathic manchild. He might even be a bit like the Joker. Nale would be a slightly arrogant and sarcastic Neutral Good sorcerer.