PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bug(wo)men

lunaticfringe
2013-09-03, 02:56 PM
Hi All! So I ran across a module I never ran in a trunk of old books and it reminded me how much I really liked the setting(and hated how much the novels changed it). I'm not sure about the legal stuff so I'm not mentioning any setting specific names. I've been looking at some other attempts to update its material and a lot of it is great, but I some things I would do different. This is an attempt a building a multi-armed insect race using the pathfinder race builder rules using 19 points, tell me what ya think.

Type: Humanoid(vermin); Bugmen are humanoids with the vermin subtype they count as vermin for any spells and abilities that specifically target vermin but have an Int score so they are not immune to mind-affecting effects
Size: Medium
Speed: 30ft
Ability Adjustments: +2 dex, +2 con, +2 wis, -2 int, -4 cha; bugmen are agile, tough, and have good intuition/instincts but have primitive/alien intellects and personas( greater weakness:mental, flexible)
Exoskeleton: DR 5/bludgeoning; an undead trait sure, but how is fighting something with its skeleton on the outside that much different then fighting a skeleton?(skeletal damage reduction)
Low Light Vision: its not darkvision but I had to save a point somewhere
Vermin Resistance: +2 to racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects; undead trait again but i think it works well for vermin (undead resistances)
Four Arms: w/ hands they can take multi attack and multi weapon fighting feats but don't gain them automatically and must meet prerequisites; (multi armed x2)
Claws: a claw attack for every hand, considered 2 separate natural attacks for the purposes of improved natural attacks/magic fang type stuff (primary claws and secondary claws); (claws x2)

So there it is, admittedly I'm shaky on the multiple attacks (weapon/natural) attack rules so any advice/input there would be extra appreciated.