PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Combat

cbaidchris
2013-09-03, 05:51 PM
One of my friends in the game I'm currently playing is playing a mounted TWF ranger at the moment (level 4) and he's thinking wild plains outrider but I'm just here for some insight on feats and/or multiclass or prc ideas that would help him put out more damage because right now it's extremely lackluster. he's a gnome. stats are decent but I'm not sure of them

Galvin
2013-09-03, 09:10 PM
Wild Plains Outrider... is Ok... the only worthwhile ability is the level three ability, though it is an awesome class if your DM rules that your mounted combat feats apply to all your attacks, instead of just the first.

Get Mounted Combat, Ride by Attack, and Spirited Charge. Gnomes frankly are awesome mounted combatants, because all of the best mounts are medium sized. I recommend the Dire Badger.

Scout can be a good mounted fighter, with a lenient DM. The skirmish ability only works if you move by RAW, though if your DM rules that it works if your mount moves, then your golden. A Scout/Wild Plains Outrider with Spirited Charge can really tear up the opposition.