PDA

View Full Version : Super-crafted Item, need help

Darkhope
2013-09-03, 10:23 PM
Alright playgrounders, I need help in my epic campaign with a crafted weapon. A PC arranged for services for Moradin God of Dwarves with a +100 to craft skills to craft him a pair of scimitars. He's paying incredible amount in services and donations in gold and favors to drawrven kind for this. So I wanted to make him a really nice pair of weapons. They are non-magical, player wants them enchanted by someone else. But my question is what other abilities and templates and special properties etc are out there for weapons? Any help as always is greatly appreciated!

GilesTheCleric
2013-09-03, 11:22 PM
You might consider making it an x-craft weapon - look at the feycraft or drowcraft weapons (DMG2 273+, Und) for an idea of what that might provide. Alternatively, you could make it out of some cool material like Aurorum or Blue Ice.

Edit: Making them intelligent is a possibility, too, depending on what you want to do with them later in the campaign. If they're intelligent, then they can grant the benefits of feats.

Did you just want a list of weapon materials and templates, or did you want anything in particular?

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-03, 11:25 PM
don't forget things like serrated, those are always nice.

GilesTheCleric
2013-09-03, 11:26 PM
Serrated is a 3rd-party weapon mod.

Captnq
2013-09-03, 11:30 PM
Tah-Dah!

The Weapon Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9053.msg183871#msg183871): v4.01

You're welcome.

Oh, I did leave off Soulforged and Pitspawned Templates. My bad.

GilesTheCleric
2013-09-03, 11:40 PM
Wow, that is leagues better than the crystalkeep list of equipment. I'm currently working on a list of all spells, so I know how much work goes into something like this. Props.

herrhauptmann
2013-09-04, 12:32 AM

Isn't it also in dragon magazine? The one with 'blood grooves' and 'acid washed?'

If Moradin is crafting the items, I think they should be dwarfcrafted, but super dwarf crafted. Say triple the bonuses of normal dwarf craft. I also don't think Moradin should be doing fey/drow craft items. Yes, he could do it with a miracle, but would he?

Another nice houserule ability for these swords. Make them both +2 swords. But that +2 doesn't count towards total enchantments when determining price.
So +2 flaming moradin swords? Would cost 2000 gold.
Upgrading those to +2 flaming frost swords? An extra 6000 gold, for total price of 8000. (2^2 x2000)

Darkhope
2013-09-05, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys, especially the handbook, great work. I have a homebrew special material already picked out. Its called Arcanium from Dark Age of Camelot. I allow it to be enchanted at a 20% discount and cannot be dispelled. Also the item works in a dead magic zone but not an antimagic field but only for 1 hour per caster level. But I didn't know about all the enhancements from Dragon Magazine 358. Ya'lls info led me to that. I'm going with an Arcanium/Aurorum alloy Folded Metal, Serrated, Resilent, Perfect Balance, Modular (both scimitars combine at hilt to form two bladed sword), Acid Washed, Soulforged, Razor Sharp, Item of Legend, Ornate. On the sheath i added Reinforced Sheath, Drop Sheath, and Lock Sheath. Right now its a +1 Scimitar with hardness 46 and Hit Points 45 with Saves at +20 and +24 vs. Disentegrate.

John Longarrow
2013-09-05, 12:11 PM
Darkhope,

Since he is a GOD, I'd give the blades all material qualities that could be used to make edged weapons. Yep, adamantine/cold iron/silver/what ever. I'd also make them immune to a variety of ways to normally damage a blade, and have them reflect sunder attacks on the weapon being used to sunder them.

This would all be non-magical, at least form a mortal's perspective. Think comic book "Super weapon" rather than normal game "Super Weapon" for some traits it could have.

As the group is epic, I wouldn't worry about making the swords easier to enchant. Party should have plenty of money to turn them into +5 vorpal flaming dancing scimitars of defense. :smallbiggrin:

JaronK
2013-09-05, 12:13 PM

Actually it's from Dragon 358.

But why is a dwarf god making scimitars? They should be hammers!

JaronK

Darkhope
2013-09-05, 01:25 PM
But why is a dwarf god making scimitars? They should be hammers!

Well the PC uses scimitars and he wants them crafted by the best possible. Hephestas from Olympic pantheon is actually better but he doesn't exist in my game. Also they are on a big time quest from the 7 heavens of Celestia to "save the world" from Demogorgon and Moradin resides in Celestia.

Since he is a GOD, I'd give the blades all material qualities that could be used to make edged weapons. Yep, adamantine/cold iron/silver/what ever. I'd also make them immune to a variety of ways to normally damage a blade, and have them reflect sunder attacks on the weapon being used to sunder them.

Well Arcanium/Aurorum alloy is already extremely powerful combo. Cheaper to enhance, harder than Adamantium, will work in a dead magic zone for a period of time, if destroyed will reform in a full round action if pieces are touching, and has all the modifications possible for someone with 60 ranks in a craft skill. I already charged the PC 40k per scimitar for just the raw materials of "Arcanium." And he had to pray in a Moradin temple the entire time it was being built and make a donation of 13k per scimitar (price of its creation).
Adding more homebrew stuff to make it more UBER just seems like overkill. They are only level 24, they have a long way to go before I dig out my big big stuff :-P