PDA

View Full Version : Who plays LoL

evyldead
2013-09-03, 11:01 PM
who here plays LoL if you do the character Hecarim he is my favorite champ in the game and i would like to know if he can be mimic'd in D&D 3.5e

Snowbluff
2013-09-03, 11:23 PM
You would want a Tauric creature or Centaur charger of some sort.

evyldead
2013-09-03, 11:35 PM
centaur only race thats why ^_^ how would he as a spirit ctually shadow rider be made

Snowbluff
2013-09-03, 11:38 PM
centaur only race thats why ^_^ how would he as a spirit ctually shadow rider be made

Um... could you clarify?

SilverLeaf167
2013-09-03, 11:53 PM
Apply the Fiendish template (or something similar) onto a Centaur. Tada, that's about it. :smalltongue: You might also be able to represent his skills with the Warblade class (found in the Tome of Battle) and some creative fluffing.

evyldead
2013-09-04, 12:28 AM
hmm interesting :) ill have it a go and i will check it out :) is there anything else needed to be added to him ?

Socratov
2013-09-05, 04:36 AM
Ok, let's look at his abilites shall we? I am by no means an optimizer and my characterbuilding fu is weak. I Do know Hecarim and some mechanics though...

His looks: centaur, bonus points if you can make it dark-themed

passive: ignore unit colision and bonus damage from movement speed; Overrun is hte answer for hte first part, now I don't know if we can put it through on a charge, but I think you can.

Rampage: an aoe swipe. This is hard to emulate. You could opt for cleave if you instakill, but I'll need some help here...

Spirit of dread: If you can instead appeal to the name and gain frightful presence like a dragon you are golden.

The rest of the abilites are all about charging and optimising damage, so shocktrooper lion totem barbarian with something else stacked onto it? I really need to reawaken my optifu.

Shneeky! Shneeky! Shneeky! I summon thee!

that's all I can do for now :smallamused:

Snowbluff
2013-09-05, 09:02 AM
Warblades has AoE effects for melee. Tey can get some innate movement buffs. Barbarian is not how people OP anymore, but fast movement might help.

You might be able to be a dragon, which means you can take Awaken Frightful Presence. Tauric and centaur might not work... Tauric kobold?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-05, 09:22 AM
You could also try some standard intimidate optimization for Spirit of Dread. (Imperious Command, that sort of thing)

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-05, 09:33 AM
Centaur warblade going for the standard ubercharger build with a lance and spirited charge. Max intimidate and get the gear that boosts it. You should do arbitrary damage on a charge and have enough cool stuff up close to keep the game fun.

Get a collar of umberal metamorphosis eventually for the dark template. + move speed and other cool stuff + a dark theme fits this build nicely.

Eldariel
2013-09-05, 09:49 AM
Honestly, Centaur 4/Barbarian 2/Warblade X with Intimidating Rage is a pretty nice start (this way you basically use Rage/Frenzy/whatever you pick as a part of Onslaught of Shadows). Use Level Adjustment Buyoff on levels 6 and 9 to get rid of Centaur's pesky Level Adjustment. Trickery Devotion could also create replicas of you though those are a bit more longlasting. Trickery Devotion -> Warmaster's Charge would be a pretty good approximation of Onslaught of Shadows though. This chassis gives you Pounce and your Charge-maneuvers along some AOE and movement speed, you heal off your attacks (you can Martial Stance for Martial Spirit or take a level of Crusader), and you can always pick Cleave after Power Attack for more of that.

Spirit of Dread is the only real problem; it's very hard to get any kind of "heal off all damage that happens around me" in 3.5. Martial Spirit allows you to heal off all your attacks so that's something and of course, Crusader strikes work too. Really, it's easy to heal off your own attacks but healing off all damage around you? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. There has to be a spell for it but Consumptive Field is not it and that's the only spell with an effect anything along those lines that I can think of. Oh, and obviously you'd wield Halberd of Vaulting (double damage on Charges) from Arms & Equipment Guide, though I guess his weapon is a bit closer to a Glaive. Valorous [Unapproachable East] Glaive would also work. And you can pick up Improved Trip from Wolf Totem Barbarian Substitution Levels.

In short, I suggest a level progression along the lines of:
Centaur (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/centaur.htm) (Level Adjustment bought off after level 9; up until that point you're 1-2 levels behind) - Focus your stats on Strength, Charisma, Constitution & Dexterity in about that order.
1. Racial HD - Power Attack
2. Racial HD
3. Racial HD - Trickery Devotion
4. Racial HD
5. Barbarian 1 [Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) over normal Rage, Pounce over Fast Movement [Complete Champion Spirit Lion Totem]]
6. Barbarian 2 - Intimidating Rage, Improved Trip [Wolf Totem Barbarian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures )]
7. Warblade 1
8. Warblade 2
9. Warblade 3 - Imperious Command

Could also use Crusader over Warblade but Iron Heart has the better AOE maneuvers so Warblade might work. Crusader would synergize better with Charisma though.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-05, 09:52 AM
There is only one heal off attacks around me effect I can think of, and that is the spirit thief pulse from the pathfinder vitalist. It does not fit the concept though, and would take too long to pull off.

Eldariel
2013-09-05, 11:41 AM
There is only one heal off attacks around me effect I can think of, and that is the spirit thief pulse from the pathfinder vitalist. It does not fit the concept though, and would take too long to pull off.

I guess it's probably easiest to just go with healing maneuvers/"lifesteal" and call it a day. It does work sort of like Spirit, after all; you heal off damage you do to enemies. It lacks the AOE magic damage aura and the healing but it's probably close enough (a magic item to complete the set could be discussed with the DM).

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-05, 12:38 PM
Ghost template?

Terazul
2013-09-05, 02:08 PM
If you're not opposed to homebrew, there's this gem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13463319&postcount=2) (bottom of post).