PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2013-09-04, 07:40 AM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/menacingcrab.jpg) These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existent duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

Frozen Forest & Hermitage
A large forest of tall trees and once very pretty flowers lies here. The entire forest has been completely frozen over, and a blizzard constantly storms and snows over the forest, but doesn't affect even an inch past the forest border. The forest is still very pretty; the flowers and mushrooms glittering under a frozen layer. The place is pretty safe, if you're used to constant snow and cold temperatures.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Beans
2013-09-04, 08:21 AM
Essarin

Rather than spend any time on pillow talk, Hildur just softly kisses Thyrza's head and gets to sleep.
In the morning, Thryza stretches and yawns in her fiancee's arms, then nestles closer.

Felandria
2013-09-04, 11:19 AM
[Transport road]

The location she is, offers less cover then the wood. It's a bit away from it, but there are still enougth trees to cover.

It will need at last an hour for the transport to reach the area. As told the transports will drive to the side and make a short break. In this time the two men in the front change place with two others who came out of the back. Each of the thre trucks got a few smaller enchantments like stronger wheels and planes that prevent detection. Nothing strong after all.

Hmmm.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, when it's a hard decision, go with the smashy.

But why take chances?

Option C it is.

As she sees the transport head towards the area, Felandria concentrates and grows to her maximum size, which is less impressive in a world this size, by scale she's now a little over 10'

And now for the test.

This should be interesting.

She casts Righteous Might.

She feels the magic flow through her and she grows again, doubling in size.

So in this world, she now stands around 21' tall, but she almost shudders when she realizes that back home she would be over 100 stories tall.

((Hopefully one day I can do this without spelling out all the math))

She sees the trucks come to a stop and the men exit the truck.

Showtime.

Felandria pulls out the scroll and casts the spell.

Time Stop.

She sees the men freeze in place, time is of the essence.

Felandria runs out from her hiding spot at full speed towards the convoy.

She yanks the doors off of each truck, reaches in and rips off the steering wheels.

Then she pulls open the hoods and pulls out whatever various parts she can to disable them, flinging the parts into the distance.

With her remaining few seconds, she gathers the men into one group and stands looming over them, her sword in her hand resting on her shoulder, a smile on her face.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-04, 06:08 PM
A Hillside

"Yeah. I might ask Cos about it... maybe. But I'm not getting my hopes up. It sounds like pessimism, but... I can't even cope with her dying once. I don't want to not even cope with her dying, and then her being really most sincerely dead."

She takes a deep breath. "I've never felt so broken before. I knew I was broken, but now... it feels like I'm really broken. Truly most sincerely broken."

A Hillside

"We all are, some of us are just more broken than others." That's really all she can say. It's no comfort, just something to say.

"All the power in the world between us, a god, a fae, and a you, and it's all useless where it counts."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-04, 06:20 PM
Elven Diplomacy

The word "watchtower" seem to make it all make sense to her. "You can say that, I meet the last two persons Watchtower sent. A pregnant dryad and a dragonman. Good to see they're sending some more competent people this time." She smiles. "But I don't recall asking for help this time around."

"A preg-" Ithuriel blinks and takes a moment to process this information. That...does sound like an odd choice of person to send on any mission, diplomatic or otherwise. "I see. Well I'm sure they were competent...in their own way. They did say they were a bit lacking in people who talk before resorting to action. Anyway, you're quite right, no one sent a request for help. Rather, we've been sent here with an offer for the fae who live in the grove here."

Devixer
2013-09-04, 06:37 PM
Essarin

"Morning, love," Hildur says, starting to wake up herself. "Wanna go find a shower?"

Elven Diplomacy

Boris looks a little perplexed at the mention of a pregnant dryad, wondering when Sakura was here. He still doesn't speak, though. He can probably be skipped for now.

Beans
2013-09-04, 06:46 PM
[Essarin]
Thryza stretches and yawns, purring.
Mmmm, a shower would be amazing...

Lost_Deep
2013-09-04, 07:14 PM
A Hillside

Copi nods.

"Mintbalm, please put on some clothes. I think I need to cry, and as is it would be very awkward to cry on your shoulder."

Slii Arhem
2013-09-04, 07:24 PM
A Hillside

Copi nods.

"Mintbalm, please put on some clothes. I think I need to cry, and as is it would be very awkward to cry on your shoulder."

A Hillside

Grass weaves itself up over Mintbalm into a thick green blanket that she clutches around her shoulders. It's sealed fully around her with only a hole for her head and two for her arms which aren't being put to use, the blades of grass not detaching from the ground as they lengthened up around her.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-04, 07:46 PM
A Hillside

Copi rolls over and begins to cry. It's a little at first, small tears for good memories and the future she now faces.

And then her eyes decide that they would rather be waterfalls.

Like a dam breaking Copi begins to blubber a weep and sob like someone whose life is quite hard. She's been holding it in for a while now, and it all comes back with compound interest. Suffice to say she's going to be weeping for quite a while.

ThePhantom
2013-09-04, 09:47 PM
Essarin

Hildur decides to let actions serve as her answer, lowering her body and trying to kiss Thyrza.

Haunted Castle

"Fantastic. They vanished from the Soliton Radar," Shark says, starting to make her way to the throne room. "We have to find them the old fashioned way."

(Since stuff...)

Haunted Castle

Shark and Albert can feel free to talk with each other all they want, 'cause it doesn't look like the room is doing anything different for now. It just looks as it did ten seconds ago, with shadows dancing and the occasional drip-drop of water.

"I'm afraid yes. Well, your'e guess is as good as mine as where they are."

Albert goes to fallow after Shark.

5a Violista
2013-09-04, 10:16 PM
Haunted Castle

The Throne Room is large, as expected. The water is still halfway up to the calves, and there are large pillars along the side of the room. Once again, there's a central doorway on each side of the room. Sadly, thanks to the water, weeds, and mud, it's rather difficult to see everything in the water unless you're practically standing on top of it.

Shark and Albert enter the Throne Room; the most visible and central thing is the throne itself. It's on an elevated floor (so that it's not wet), and there's a skeleton wearing armor and wearing a crown, sitting unmoving on the throne. If he were alive, he would look ponderous and lost in thought, given by the way his hand is in relation to the skull.

The Soul-dar shows that there is, in fact, somebody sitting where the throne is, and there's a smattering of souls scattered around the room. The exact amount fluctuates, but there's roughly 5-7 of them; likely lost spirits.

EDIT: I think I should have made this more clear, since rereading this post really didn't make it so clear.
Obvious Exits are (going clockwise): 1. Behind them, back to the entrance hall 2. To the left, to some hallway that splits off to the Treasury and the Armory 3. Behind the throne, straight ahead, there's two doors - one on the right and one on the left. The wooden doors are falling off their hinges. 4. To the right: it looks like stairs that go down into the water. Even underwater, those stairs are lit by the blue light.
(Sorry about having to edit this in. I thought it might be important.)

ThePhantom
2013-09-04, 10:30 PM
Haunted Castle

And here is the King. Well, its likely he is the source of the haunting, but without Harley, now is not the time to try to fight.

"So, any trace of Harley?"

Albert whispers.

Devixer
2013-09-04, 11:20 PM
Essarin

"There's one in this room, right? I don't feel like putting clothes on yet." Hildur sits up and stretches.

Haunted Castle

"Nothing on the Soliton," Shark replies. "But the skeleton on the throne's probably alive, and there are some other ghosts here."

Beans
2013-09-04, 11:39 PM
[Essarin]
She nods.
Mmmm, clothes are lame right now.

Devixer
2013-09-05, 12:07 AM
Essarin

Hildur grins and slides out of bed, giving Thyrza a bit of a show, before looking around for a bathroom or something.

Beans
2013-09-05, 12:32 AM
[Essarin]
Thryza follows, directing her to the attached bathroom---not very big, but it's got a sink and toilet and shower and it's lovely and well-lit.

Devixer
2013-09-05, 12:33 AM
Essarin

Hildur reaches for Thyrza's metal hand to try and lead her into the shower. "C'mon, it'll be nice to shower after being in a spring all this time."

Beans
2013-09-05, 12:46 AM
[Essarin]
Thryza giggles and nods, walking in with her and kissing her cheek.

Devixer
2013-09-05, 12:48 AM
Essarin

Hildur smiles and turns on the water, making sure it's nice and hot for both of them.

Beans
2013-09-05, 07:55 AM
[Essarin]
Thryza slips in, sighing happily.

Devixer
2013-09-05, 09:05 AM
Essarin

Hildur seems mostly interested in getting herself clean for now, only occasionally bumping Thyrza.

Halae
2013-09-05, 10:09 AM
Nothing can be seen or heard from inside the manor. Magtok will be able to approach unhindered, until he reaches the door. He's free to go in if he chooses.
Sure, why not. He checks for a doorbell, but even if there is one and he presses the button, he's still going to go on inside anyways. They're expecting him, right?

There's a small buzzing once Magtok enters the building and, likely before he has a chance to react, he'll see what seems to be a massive blue ethereal hand reach out to grab onto the front of his robes.

If this happens successfully, everything around him will feel like it's shuddering, before it completely realigns itself. Disorienting, to say the least. Once the distortion stops, he'll find himself in what appears to be a containment field. It's cylindrical with a metal top and bottom, but large enough to be its own room. He'll also see the source of the hand - one of Rilla's Golems, though now that he's through to the other side of the dimensional transport it'll look solid. The force-field is, oddly enough, rainbow in color, changing constantly like a prismatic kaleidoscope, though it's not opaque and thus can be seen through. The Containment field itself is in a bland and empty square room.

Oh, yes, and the receiver for the teleport where Magtok was captured? It overheats itself explodes.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-05, 12:44 PM
Manor => Somewhere Else

"Of course," Magtok mutters bitterly, caught as he is in the containment field. "Walk in expecting a trap, and it doesn't do me even the slightest bit of good when the actual trap happens. ****."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-05, 04:04 PM
"A preg-" Ithuriel blinks and takes a moment to process this information. That...does sound like an odd choice of person to send on any mission, diplomatic or otherwise. "I see. Well I'm sure they were competent...in their own way. They did say they were a bit lacking in people who talk before resorting to action. Anyway, you're quite right, no one sent a request for help. Rather, we've been sent here with an offer for the fae who live in the grove here."

[Elven Diplomacy]

"What sort of offer? Fey aren't always easy to deal with, getting them to remember anything is a challenge in itself." The elf replies.

Research Station

"...uh, look if you want to get the pokemon you have to talk to Gina first." Jonas says before quickly hanging up. He then looks up at Mawile. "This is never going to work! The boss is after you and you're gonna drag me with you when she start to fuse you. The best option is just getting away."

5a Violista
2013-09-05, 05:19 PM
Haunted Castle

The Phantom, in case you didn't see my edit, here it is again:

EDIT: I think I should have made this more clear, since rereading this post really didn't make it so clear.
Obvious Exits are (going clockwise): 1. Behind them, back to the entrance hall 2. To the left, to some hallway that splits off to the Treasury and the Armory 3. Behind the throne, straight ahead, there's two doors - one on the right and one on the left. The wooden doors are falling off their hinges. 4. To the right: it looks like stairs that go down into the water. Even underwater, those stairs are lit by the blue light.

I'm not so sure you can call a skeleton 'alive'.

Regardless, if Shark and Albert move together, then the skeleton's head will swivel to face them. If they move separately, then it will look at whichever one is making the most noise at the moment. Right now, I think that's Shark.

They can also hear the sounds 'drip' and 'drop' every once in a while, echoing throughout the room.

Then, a splash across the room, and the ripples spread across the entire room before they fade.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-06, 08:45 AM
EMBOH Code Vault

The notMagtok grins wider, the jagged tear of a mouth seeming to cut ever slightly around the side of its head. There's a faint chittering laugh crawling out of it, separate and distinct even as it talks.
"Oh, my job isn't to be intimidating, so don't worry the chrome dome.
Although having a taste is so...tempting."

Which has an almost immediate result of it flinching, drawing a long hand up slightly above its head.
"Shut up."

Libby frowns deeper, but focuses on her Magtok instead.
"The box is undoubtedly connected to the structure of the place itself. At least superficially, since this soul used it as a transportation medium."
Once far away, then here. What other conclusion could she make?

"We could try to get information from the soul, but maybe you could just extract it from the system itself? It may be more simplistic."

"Probably. Male Val or whatever's going on here doesn't seem the helpful sort."

Magtok frowns at his left arm, attempting to establish a connection and then forcibly transfer the consciousness to his own form, dangerous as that might be.

"Alternative idea: Hijack the box. The soul can use it to get from Point A to Point B, maybe it goes somewhere useful."

...You sure about that, Magtok? Shoving yourself even deeper into the software of this bank vault could be awfully risky. I mean, all this soul business and whatnot might make the whole procedure a lot messier and more convoluted than it needs to be, and the safety of your own soul isn't something to scoff at.

ThePhantom
2013-09-06, 09:24 PM
Haunted Castle

I saw the edit. Hmm, going near the throne is likely a bad idea, so Albert points at the passage on the right.

"Best look elsewhere then."

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-06, 09:33 PM
TARDIS Adventures

"No? Greece was invoked, I was quite sure I..." Wilhelm grimaces, dismissing the issue with a wave of his hand. "Ah, well, it seems I am mistaken. In that case I will throw in my vote with the rest." But he seems dissapointed.

Asha'man
2013-09-07, 06:54 AM
[The Successor]

Shui'yan is unaffected, and launches a kick at the first one to come within reach. As he does so, his hands shoot out at the fairies coming for the baby with pinpoint accuracy. All the blows are delivered with power and speed belying his aged appearance.

The Successor
)(Sorry, I was waiting on a reply to a pm I sent Asha'man. If it makes more sense yo drop out, I'll delete my last post end edit this one accordingly. For now...)(

Zane draws and splits the Rod down the center, pouring flame along the technological masterpiece. He's now wielding two, three foot blades of a semisolid fearblaze.[/QUOTE]

(Since GrandDM's character was the one invited for this specific scene I'll let you decide if you want Zane to step out.)

The first succubus that arrives gets hit in the gut. Since Shui'yan is a grand martial artist the kick will be strong enough to hurt the low level demon. The other two snarl and go to claw him in the torso with demonic speed. Since he isn't enamored they will attack with extreme predjudice.

The Fairies aren't very strong, thus their need to be in a swarm. So the Fairies going for the babe are struck and are in a bit of pain. Though not very strong they are agile so they do manage to avoid a full on hit. They decide to let Shui'yan be dealt with by the succubi and decide to go to help the swarm attacking Zane. The two swarms cast 'Zan' a low level wind magic that would still cut the flesh of a human up pretty badly, in Zane's general direction.

Aric Kale
2013-09-07, 08:10 AM
The Successor

)(I'll just drop out, it will make more sense in Zane's actual timeline anyway. PM me when you need me.)(

GrandDM
2013-09-07, 10:45 AM
The Successor

(Since GrandDM's character was the one invited for this specific scene I'll let you decide if you want Zane to step out.)

The first succubus that arrives gets hit in the gut. Since Shui'yan is a grand martial artist the kick will be strong enough to hurt the low level demon. The other two snarl and go to claw him in the torso with demonic speed. Since he isn't enamored they will attack with extreme predjudice.

The Fairies aren't very strong, thus their need to be in a swarm. So the Fairies going for the babe are struck and are in a bit of pain. Though not very strong they are agile so they do manage to avoid a full on hit. They decide to let Shui'yan be dealt with by the succubi and decide to go to help the swarm attacking Zane. The two swarms cast 'Zan' a low level wind magic that would still cut the flesh of a human up pretty badly, in Zane's general direction.

Shui'yan uses the impact of the kick to launch himself, backflipping towards the baby. As he lands he'll drop low on one leg and sweep with the other, attempting to trip a succubus or two.

Devixer
2013-09-07, 07:51 PM
Haunted Castle

Shark nods. "Good idea, let's go." he heads towards the indicated passage. Somehow, his footsteps barely make any noise.

5a Violista
2013-09-07, 08:06 PM
Haunted Castle

Footsteps are expected to be quiet when you're walking in stagnant water that goes to just over your ankle. The most noise will come from trying to go too fast, or from losing your footing and falling with a splash.

As I said before, the passageway to the right descends down into the murky water, but is lit by that odd blue flame that somehow doesn't go out underwater.

If they can hold their breath for any reasonable amount of time, they'll find it easy to swim down the staircase far enough that the stairs start to go back up a small ways. Due to the air pressure, they'll reach a pocket of air, much like what happens when you put an air-filled cup underwater so that there's still air in it.

Anyway, if they chose to go this path, then they'll surface, and once reaching the hallway, the ground is now dry, so there's no need to worry about leeches anymore.

They'll be in a hallway, but most of the doorways have been caved in. The one door at the end of the hallway separates where they are from the main section of the dungeon using a simple wooden door. Inside the castle dungeon is not lit by the blue lights, and it gives off a palpable feeling of evil and darkness. Shark's Soliton will show that the dungeon (as well as the inaccessible surrounding rooms) are filled with an innumerable number of "souls".

Oh, and I almost forgot:
Along the hallway, going up to the dungeon's door, is a streak of wetness, as if something was recently dragged from the water where Shark and Albert are, and through the dungeon door.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-07, 09:29 PM
A Hillside

Copi rolls over and begins to cry. It's a little at first, small tears for good memories and the future she now faces.

And then her eyes decide that they would rather be waterfalls.

Like a dam breaking Copi begins to blubber a weep and sob like someone whose life is quite hard. She's been holding it in for a while now, and it all comes back with compound interest. Suffice to say she's going to be weeping for quite a while.

A Hillside

Mintbalm just sort of allows this all to happen. She's unable to bring herself to such hysterics, but every so often as the tears dampen her shoulder a single crystalline drop of her own tumbles its way down her cheek, solid and smooth as if frozen on contact with the air.

She slips an arm over Copi's shoulders, looping it through the hole in her woven grass cloak that she left for that purpose, and continues to shed her mineral tears silently, weeping for all they've both lost.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-08, 12:58 PM
Research Station

"...uh, look if you want to get the pokemon you have to talk to Gina first." Jonas says before quickly hanging up. He then looks up at Mawile. "This is never going to work! The boss is after you and you're gonna drag me with you when she start to fuse you. The best option is just getting away."

Mawile growls. She tries to pull up something on the computer... a blueprint or map or something! If she's going to escape, she's going to do so the right way.

Through the main power source.

A Hillside

Copi will empty her tear ducts. It'll take a while, but she will run out eventually.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 01:21 PM
[A clearing in the North Forest]

Neya sits up rubbing the back of her head groaning. Her green pigtails are frazzled and the little girl smells vaguely of smoke. "W-where am I?" The small girl stands slowly looking around at the trees. . She kicks off the ground slightly, hovering a few inches of the grounds. She floats towards a random tree, sitting down on a branch, trying to figure out where she is.

Beans
2013-09-08, 01:42 PM
She may hear something dragging itself along through the forest nearby, breathing hard.
If she looks toward the source of the sound, she'll see there's a figure in some sort of armor stumbling through the undergrowth.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 01:51 PM
"Ohmygoodnesss!" She squeaks and flutters down. "A-are you okay? Sir? O-or is it m'am?" As the young girl freaks out, the various undergrowth untangles around armored persons immediate area.

Beans
2013-09-08, 01:54 PM
[Clearing in North Forest]
They look toward her; from the figure, it seems they're a woman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11774152&postcount=539). Face hidden by a T-slit helmet, her notched and scarred feline ears twitch as she says something in an unfamiliar and gutteral-sounding language. Slung across her back is what looks to be a large teardrop-shaped shield.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 02:16 PM

"Ummm... I d-don't speak that language, m'am." Neya lands properly. "Can you understand me?" She starts biting her finger nail nervously, revealing slight burns along the length her arm.

Beans
2013-09-08, 02:18 PM
The woman pulls her helmet off, revealing a scarred, tired, but concerned-looking face.
She looks at the burns on Neya's arm, saying something that sounds like a question.
((How small is Neya exactly?))

Earl of Purple
2013-09-08, 04:59 PM
The Tomb of the Lost Innocent

A large conical barrow-mound is what the map leads to. Built into one of the sides is a large black marble arch with a heavy granite slab blocking it off. Etched into the arch and the slab are faintly glowing runes. The runes seem to move- but only when they aren't being observed; they stop when somebody is looking at them.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-08, 06:12 PM

Krayger eyes the structure. "Not the most uninviting I've seen. Could be worse."
He has since changed into a slightly heavier outfit, adding a metal cuirass.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 06:43 PM
"Huh?" She glances at her arm and her eyes widen."Aaaa!" Neya looks at her other arm, which is the same. "Wha? How? Gah!" The branches above shake slightly when she screams.
(She looks about 4 years old)

Beans
2013-09-08, 06:54 PM
The catwoman winces, ears flicking as she beckons the fairy closer, reaching in her belt pouches for something. She seems not to mean any harm, despite her fairly barbaric appearance.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-08, 07:29 PM
Deep Woods

Jace has probably been walking for a decent amount of time by now, following the energy reading of a trapped spirit, guided by yet another trapped spirit. Randii's been complaining a bunch, too.

Finally, though, he reaches an area with a large rock. And on the rock sits a gold ring. The source of the energy.

No, the ring does not have any inscriptions on it.

Finally! Randii looks to Jace. Is that the thing we've been looking for?

asdflove
2013-09-08, 08:34 PM
Neya steps closer, looking up at her with wide eyes. "D-do you have a name miss? I'm-" She falters, her brow furrowing. "Um... Neya, I think."

Beans
2013-09-08, 08:44 PM
She blinks, then taps her collar. Lausel.
Pulling out what appears to be small bottle, she holds her hand out.
Ahrm. Hhere.
Her Common isn't especially good, but it's understandable.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 08:51 PM

Neya gingerly holds out her arms, the look in her eyes showing confusion. "So you do speak common, Lausel?" She smiles slightly. "I like your name, it's pretty."

Beans
2013-09-08, 08:56 PM
Pouring a little of what looks to be some ointment on her fingers, Lausel tries to gently spread it on the girl's burned arm. She smiles, though her teeth are rather pointy.
Only speahk liitle khommon.
An'... thankhs.

asdflove
2013-09-08, 09:14 PM
"[Clearing in North Forest]
"Oh. I speak common and... I don't know if I speak any other languages..." Her voice trails off. "I-I don't know a lot of things right now..."

Beans
2013-09-08, 09:27 PM
The ointment will likely relieve the pain of the burns on her arms; Lausel just smiles for now.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-08, 09:53 PM
Mawile growls. She tries to pull up something on the computer... a blueprint or map or something! If she's going to escape, she's going to do so the right way.

A Hillside

Copi will empty her tear ducts. It'll take a while, but she will run out eventually.

A Hillside

"Do you have anywhere to go?" She really doesn't know, Copi seems like the type to wander about aimlessly most times.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-08, 10:41 PM
Deep Woods

Jace has probably been walking for a decent amount of time by now, following the energy reading of a trapped spirit, guided by yet another trapped spirit. Randii's been complaining a bunch, too.

Finally, though, he reaches an area with a large rock. And on the rock sits a gold ring. The source of the energy.

No, the ring does not have any inscriptions on it.

Finally! Randii looks to Jace. Is that the thing we've been looking for?

Deep Woods

"It certainly seems so. This one seems too easy, too." Jace says, looking at the large rock.

You were imprisoned by people, yes? What reason would they have to simply abandon your containers? he asks the spirit as his familiar scans the area for anything weird from above.

Aric Kale
2013-09-09, 05:45 PM
North Forest ~ Frozen Memories

Zane stands at the edge of the woods, peering into the ice and snow...
What had happened here? It was lush and full of life last time he visited...
Ah, no matter, he had business to attend to.

Recaiden
2013-09-09, 05:57 PM
[North Forest - Frozen Woods]

Snowflakes drift down from above, melting abruptly as they drift outside the zone of ice and snow. Everything else is still, save a dim, flickering light in the depths of the trees.

Aric Kale
2013-09-09, 06:13 PM
North Forest ~ Frozen Woods

Zane gathers the tattered cloak about him, places a hand on his sword, and heads towards the light.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-09, 08:36 PM

Krayger eyes the structure. "Not the most uninviting I've seen. Could be worse."
He has since changed into a slightly heavier outfit, adding a metal cuirass.

((sorry, don't know how I missed this))

"I think the name more than makes up for lack of appearances." Sebastian comments, following a good two steps behind his bovine compatriot. "I could have my beetle scout ahead?" He offers, the creature scuttling into the palm of his hand at the suggestion, eager to obey.

ThePhantom
2013-09-09, 08:52 PM
Haunted Castle

Footsteps are expected to be quiet when you're walking in stagnant water that goes to just over your ankle. The most noise will come from trying to go too fast, or from losing your footing and falling with a splash.

As I said before, the passageway to the right descends down into the murky water, but is lit by that odd blue flame that somehow doesn't go out underwater.

If they can hold their breath for any reasonable amount of time, they'll find it easy to swim down the staircase far enough that the stairs start to go back up a small ways. Due to the air pressure, they'll reach a pocket of air, much like what happens when you put an air-filled cup underwater so that there's still air in it.

Anyway, if they chose to go this path, then they'll surface, and once reaching the hallway, the ground is now dry, so there's no need to worry about leeches anymore.

They'll be in a hallway, but most of the doorways have been caved in. The one door at the end of the hallway separates where they are from the main section of the dungeon using a simple wooden door. Inside the castle dungeon is not lit by the blue lights, and it gives off a palpable feeling of evil and darkness. Shark's Soliton will show that the dungeon (as well as the inaccessible surrounding rooms) are filled with an innumerable number of "souls".

Oh, and I almost forgot:
Along the hallway, going up to the dungeon's door, is a streak of wetness, as if something was recently dragged from the water where Shark and Albert are, and through the dungeon door.

Albert did have a little swimming in the last castle in was in, not much through. Good thing for that air pocket, or he wouldn't have been able to get through the passage.

Albert pushes his wet hair out of his eyes.

"So, do you have any light? Something tells me that we are going to need some."

Recaiden
2013-09-09, 08:54 PM
[North Forest - Frozen Woods]

Zane gathers the tattered cloak about him, places a hand on his sword, and heads towards the light.

Zane will pick up on the scent of ashes long before he reaches it, and sees a campfire burning with a mixture of fearblaze and regular flames, at the center of a circle of scorched ground. A figure in red is sitting on a smoldering log near it, reading from an old, tattered book. It shuts with a clap as Zane approaches, and the hermit looks up with a slightly manic grin. "Zane!"

Aric Kale
2013-09-09, 09:13 PM
North Forest ~ Frozen Woods

Zane recognizes the presence of fearblaze before he can even smell the ash. A small grin sneaks onto his face, though the urgency of the situation quickly removes it. Hello there. I don't have much time; I need your help.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-09, 10:36 PM
Deep Woods

"It certainly seems so. This one seems too easy, too." Jace says, looking at the large rock.

You were imprisoned by people, yes? What reason would they have to simply abandon your containers? he asks the spirit as his familiar scans the area for anything weird from above.

Deep Woods

Kind of a dark area, but nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I can think of two reasons. One would be that something happened to them out here. The second is that this is...

Several noises happen at once. From behind and to the right of Jace comes the sound of a tight rope snapping, lots of forest debris moving, and a shout of surprise from Randii. From directly to Jace's left comes the unmistakable click of a hammer being pulled into place on a revolver, along with a low, steady female voice.

You move, or your little pet comes flying at me, and I fire.

...a trap.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-09, 10:43 PM
Deep Forest

Jace pales, and it's not for the reason the voice might think. One second Zebes is starting to raac a warning, and the next someone pulls a gun.
And says the P word. Oh, Apsu knows that was a mistake.
A metaphorical second after the second after that first second, Zebes still hasn't moved, he's just the size of a truck now.
"New plan, babe. You move, and I fire. And let me tell ya, That would be quite a lot of fire."
"You really shouldn't call someone's familiar a pet." Jace whispers.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-09, 10:59 PM
Deep Forest

While Jace may be looking forward still, Zebes should be able to see the woman making the threat. She's kind of thin and lanky, with long, untidy black hair and dark brown eyes. Her expression is hard to read. She looks pretty calm for somebody pointing a gun at another person.

The strangest thing about her appearance is that she isn't just standing in the shadows. The lower half of her body is completely swallowed by the shadows of a large tree. Like she's melted into them or something.

She keeps her eyes on Jace as she responds to Zebes. You think you could get to me before I pull the trigger? There's a hint of smugness in her voice.

Jace...I know her voice. Be careful. This is a dangerous woman. She is one of the ones responsible for our current predicament.

Randii is still grumbling about getting caught in a net and hanging from a tree.

Recaiden
2013-09-09, 11:13 PM
[Frozen Woods]

The hermit rises up quickly, setting the book a ways behind her, on the ice, very carefully. "Yes. What is it? What you need?" She makes her way over to the newcomer, looking him over for injuries.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-09, 11:28 PM
Deep Woods

Zebes eyes her for a few seconds, giving a nice and convincing dragon growl. Meanwhile, Jace is trying one of his signature tricks: metamagic, and lots of it. Sure, it costs a ton of energy, but who expects people to just ust magic without moving at all? Well, the lady might if she can sense a spell through the font of energy Jace is probably giving off from his own blood and the Spirit. If she doesn't notice though he'll simply vanish into one of the nearby trees. It was a spot he took notice of earlier, with a cleft where a branch splits, so his sudden appearance there shouldn't be too obvious; there's no light from the spell, the leaves around him hide him from normal view, and there shouldn't be much rustling.
If it goes off, Zebes just chuckles and says, "I might think so."

Tomb of the Lost Innocent

Krayger nods. "That sounds like a good idea. Sure, try that."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-09, 11:33 PM
Deep Woods

The woman doesn't jump at Jace's sudden disappearance. She doesn't look around wildly. She simply lowers the gun slowly, still staring at where Jace was.

That won't work, Jace. She can travel through shadows, and make other things travel through them as well. Palta sounds tense.

Before this has to get ugly, I have two questions. Where is Palta, and where is Ivaz?

Deathkeeper
2013-09-09, 11:43 PM
Deep Woods

Zebes tilts his head.
"I have no idea who either of those people are."
And he means it, too. Jace never actually gave any of those crucial plot details away. He was too busy following a magic compass while his familiar chatted about anime. Whoops.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-09, 11:46 PM
Deep Woods

The woman stays silent for a moment.

...and I take it your companion has simply disappeared completely then? Or rather, I'm supposed to believe that. Of course, I know he's still here. And he still has to answer the questions.

I told you it would not work.

Randii has stopped struggling, but she doesn't look too happy. She's staring daggers at the mystery woman.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-10, 12:08 AM
Deep Woods

"Babe, you're pointing a gun at an archmage, a full-grown dragon, and whatever you count our tattooed friend as in terms of magic. Speaking of which, pardon me a moment...(*ptoie*) Zebes turns his head to the side and spits a little glob of acid at the ropes above Randii. They should melt through some of them before neutralizing as to not hurt her much unless they're special or it's messed with.
As I was saying, we don't have to do anything from where I'm looking, Miss Shadowmancer."
That's right, Zebes. Keep her talking.
Jace has been preparing another spell, this one to temporarily make him Ethereal, which has the nice perks of not having any interaction with light or bullets. And hoo boy is it complex.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-10, 12:15 AM
Deep Woods

The woman turns her head to watch Randii fall out of the net, get back up, dust herself off, and get into a fighting pose.

She's silent again for a moment. Fine. I tried the non-violent way. She leans back and disappears completely into the shadows.

Probably would've been easier for your partner to just answer my questions, really. Her voice seems to sound from all the shadows in the area. Randii keeps looking around.

Before he can get his spell off, Jace may suddenly find a firm grip on his shoulders. The woman has reached out of a shadow in his tree, and is now trying to pull him back into it.

Just as a hint of sorts, she did prefer talking to fighting. If they still wanna fight, that's fine. Just so you know. I'm fine either way.

Aric Kale
2013-09-10, 12:21 AM
Frozen Forest

Zane lets out a deep breathe, removing his cloak and hanging it on a branch. I need to lose the fearblaze. My old employers, well, I'm a threat to them and they're not going to let me walk away from them. I'm not sure if this will work. I may lose pyromancy entirely, maybe just for a period of time, but I need you to remove the fearblaze from magical core. I need you to use your skills to summon it from my heart. It will be painful, but I will be able to live as free man, well, what's left of me can. He adds the last bit thoughtfully, looking down at his cyborg arm and lower face. This decision is obviously very painful for him...but he's willing to go through with it. Oh, and just in case the hermit had difficulties agreeing with him. I'm also going to hang out to a few of these-he says, holding a few firespheres while deliberately looking away-so in time, I may become whole again. No matter, my element lives in you. The stronger of us.

Zefir
2013-09-10, 04:09 AM
Hmmm.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, when it's a hard decision, go with the smashy.

But why take chances?

Option C it is.

As she sees the transport head towards the area, Felandria concentrates and grows to her maximum size, which is less impressive in a world this size, by scale she's now a little over 10'

And now for the test.

This should be interesting.

She casts Righteous Might.

She feels the magic flow through her and she grows again, doubling in size.

So in this world, she now stands around 21' tall, but she almost shudders when she realizes that back home she would be over 100 stories tall.

((Hopefully one day I can do this without spelling out all the math))

She sees the trucks come to a stop and the men exit the truck.

Showtime.

Felandria pulls out the scroll and casts the spell.

Time Stop.

She sees the men freeze in place, time is of the essence.

Felandria runs out from her hiding spot at full speed towards the convoy.

She yanks the doors off of each truck, reaches in and rips off the steering wheels.

Then she pulls open the hoods and pulls out whatever various parts she can to disable them, flinging the parts into the distance.

With her remaining few seconds, she gathers the men into one group and stands looming over them, her sword in her hand resting on her shoulder, a smile on her face.

((I'm sorry for th need of poke, but as you see my posting is very sporatic and I don't want you to get annoyed so I have to think of things twice or more times.))

I assume from a point that she used her increase in size just when they stopped the trucks. Otherwise, you know a 21' high person can't hide behind single trees.:smallbiggrin:

Other then that most of her action succed. Expect one. The gathering of the men fails. The spell seem to maybe work a little differetn (I looked it up^^) As she tries to grab the first men, the spell ends. Even thought she now got a few moments doing whatever she wants until the man realize the big woman in front of her.

"MONSTER." one shouts and the men draw their weapons. Right now there are twelve. 3 draw guns 3 draw books and the rest draws a mix of sword axe and mace improved by stempunk technologie.

Felinda still got a few moments so it' likly she killst or throws away some of the people.

Just for reference I looked the spell up here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/time-stop).

Recaiden
2013-09-10, 08:17 AM
[Frozen Forest]

"Oh no." The hermit nods, slowly. She speaks carefully, working through what must be going on aloud.

"I think it can come back. I've learned to call red flames again, you see. But won't they...they don't know about me. No one did except Martyn, and he's dead." That will change things, keep him safe. So long as it stays a secret. Which means she can't take her true form when word might reach them.

It's visibly difficult for her to agree with it, but she does, going to take Zane's good hand and lead him away from the campfire. "Not in a place of ice."

The stronger of them, is she? One bright point, she likes the sound of that.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-10, 08:53 AM
[OUTSIDE, a few miles from Inside]

((There's been a big lapse in posting between me, GDM, and Ryan, so I'm going to break protocol and post again to get things moving.))

After a few minutes scanning the horizon, Leo spots what appears to be a cluster of buildings in the distance. He gestures in their direction and comments, "That looks like a settlement off that way. A roof over my head would be nice...Any chance we'd be welcome there?"

If no one objects to the idea, he will struggle to his feet, most likely aided by either the blue-haired kid or by his staff, and start off in that direction. Before going too far, he will turn back to the spectral girl and tell her, "I'll be back before too long...Again, sorry to make you wait." Finally, he will limp off into the distance, making his way to the city...

Aric Kale
2013-09-10, 10:00 AM
Frozen Woods

Zane relaxes ever-so-slightly as she agrees to his plans. They shouldn't know about you, though I can't say whether they have cameras going in my fake eye or not. There's a good chance I will regain the flames. Zane lets her take his hand, not protesting as he disliked the cold equally.
Aye, the stronger, he said so after the transformation.

Recaiden
2013-09-10, 10:18 AM
[Frozen Woods -> Prairie]

The Hermit leads the way out of the icy forest, to the rocky grasslands outside it, till she judges they are far enough away, where she starts burning off a small circle of ground, as in the woods.
"But they don't know you'll recover it. Not having it will give you a way out."
She calls up a flame in her hand, and focuses on it until all the red and yellow leaves it, and there is only black.
"You are sure."

GrandDM
2013-09-10, 10:18 AM

((There's been a big lapse in posting between me, GDM, and Ryan, so I'm going to break protocol and post again to get things moving.))

After a few minutes scanning the horizon, Leo spots what appears to be a cluster of buildings in the distance. He gestures in their direction and comments, "That looks like a settlement off that way. A roof over my head would be nice...Any chance we'd be welcome there?"

If no one objects to the idea, he will struggle to his feet, most likely aided by either the blue-haired kid or by his staff, and start off in that direction. Before going too far, he will turn back to the spectral girl and tell her, "I'll be back before too long...Again, sorry to make you wait." Finally, he will limp off into the distance, making his way to the city...

"It's fine."

McBish
2013-09-10, 10:22 AM
[High Sea Adventures]

Estrielle smiles. Okay. I think we should be safe enough. Hopefully we don't need to use the escape hatch. She opens the warriors mouth slightly, and pours a sip of the tea in. The warrior doesn't seem to have any trouble drinking it, so far. Be safe. And bring back your princess.

Derek nods a small smile appearing on his face when she calls Jezebelle a princess. He heads back up and goes to get the dighny set up to take it ashore. "Still no sign of anything dangerous?" He will ask Reinholdt once he is back up on deck.

Reinholdt
2013-09-10, 10:39 AM
Felandria raises an eyebrow.

Greece?

No, this isn't Greece, this is Golarion, a world of elves, Dwarves, goblins, Orcs, dragons, skeletons, adventure, treasure, all that good stuff.

But I mean if you guys just wanna hang out, that's fine.

I should warn you though, around here, things tend to happen when you say stuff like that, things that tend to force you to seek adventure.

Like any minute, someone is probably going to run through that door, pale and panicked, telling us about something horrible in the woods.

Felandria turns and watches the door.

Nothing happens.

Huh.

Guess not.

TARDIS Adventures

"No? Greece was invoked, I was quite sure I..." Wilhelm grimaces, dismissing the issue with a wave of his hand. "Ah, well, it seems I am mistaken. In that case I will throw in my vote with the rest." But he seems disappointed.

Tardis Adventures

"You shouldn't be getting grease everywhere sir. It's a real pain to clean up sir and someone could slip and fall sir."

And that would be dangerous!

"Do you live here and visit the Nexus ma'am or do you live in the Nexus now ma'am?"

[High Sea Adventures]

Reinholdt wakes up from nearly falling asleep.

"No. Nothing. I think he's decided to invite us to his island of doom and kill us there."

Felandria
2013-09-10, 11:59 AM
((I'm sorry for th need of poke, but as you see my posting is very sporatic and I don't want you to get annoyed so I have to think of things twice or more times.))

I assume from a point that she used her increase in size just when they stopped the trucks. Otherwise, you know a 21' high person can't hide behind single trees.:smallbiggrin:

Other then that most of her action succed. Expect one. The gathering of the men fails. The spell seem to maybe work a little differetn (I looked it up^^) As she tries to grab the first men, the spell ends. Even thought she now got a few moments doing whatever she wants until the man realize the big woman in front of her.

"MONSTER." one shouts and the men draw their weapons. Right now there are twelve. 3 draw guns 3 draw books and the rest draws a mix of sword axe and mace improved by stempunk technologie.

Felinda still got a few moments so it' likly she killst or throws away some of the people.

Just for reference I looked the spell up here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/time-stop).

Well, then.

She had tried to do this without harming anyone, hoping they would flee in terror at the sight of her, but alas.

Since the spell ended before she could gather them, her sword is still sheathed, and compared to her, the men are less than two feet high, she only saw one option.

You wanna see a monster?

You got it.

Felandria attacks, grabbing the men and throwing them into the sides of the trucks, knocking their tiny weapons out of their hands and just straight up knocking them around.

She still takes care not to kill them, aiming to incapacitate them so she can tie them up.

Aric Kale
2013-09-10, 12:19 PM
Prairie

Zane nods, following her into the plains. Aye, they know little enough about our element. Crimson may notice this is the first time the dark pyromancer has referred to fearblaze not as his alone. He watches as the hermit refines the ball of flame in her hand, waiting for agony. I'm ready. He states, removing his shirt, baring his scars to the world.

Recaiden
2013-09-10, 12:45 PM
"If you need, I can help you when it's time to get it back. But I'll stay away for now. Don't want to tip them off that our power is still here."

The Hermit glances over the scars, nods, and brings the flames up to Zane's chest, over his heart, in one quick movement. Yes, there's more fearblaze here. Just as moving a disk of fire, but in another dimension entirely. It's just an uncomfortable feeling now, feeling someone else manipulate the fearblaze in his magical core.

Now, just like she filtered flame out of her own, she starts separating his normal pyromancy from fearblaze. This should be where the pain starts. And that's the easy part. The difficulty would lie in letting it happen, not holding on to your power.

It will only get worse as the fearblaze is drawn out, the flames spreading from the Hermit's hand to cover her and then spread across the ground. The Hermit tries not to pay any attention to Zane, setting her expression as blank as can be.

Felandria
2013-09-10, 01:07 PM
Tardis Adventures

"You shouldn't be getting grease everywhere sir. It's a real pain to clean up sir and someone could slip and fall sir."

And that would be dangerous!

"Do you live here and visit the Nexus ma'am or do you live in the Nexus now ma'am?"

I have homes both places but right now I'm living in the Nexus.

I have a house that changes with me, since I can grow and shrink it's nice to have a place I don't have to worry about accidentally outgrowing.

It's nice to have different places to go, though, I love meeting new people, trying new things, I do have an awful lot of time to kill.

Aric Kale
2013-09-10, 03:18 PM
Prairie

Zane makes no response, steeling himself for the anguish to come. Indeed, as the Hermit draws the fearblaze from his Core, he feels as if his very soul is being torn from his essence. 17 years has this cursed element plagued him, and now it is being forcibly drawn from him like blood from a wound. Darkstar feels one thing as the fire is removed. Regret.
A single tear drips down from his eye, which had turned black at the beginning, now back to its vibrant blue.
By the end of this process, his face will be contorted and pale from the raw pain...
He lives through it, but he passes out soon after.

RyanKoopa
2013-09-10, 03:22 PM

"I believe thats Inside" Ray explains to Leo "its the largest city in the nexus. It's pretty hectic there so I should come along, at least until we can get you fixed up." Waving goodbye to the ghost ray hurries after his new compatriot. He is unsure if he should help Leo get to the city or just follow him, after all he dosen't want to hurt Leo's ego, if he has one. Deciding to go with the safer option he walks slow to keep pace with Leo, and the two set out for the city.

OOC: I think next post should be in Inside. Send me another PM if you disagree, otherwise on to the Inside thread :) .

Recaiden
2013-09-10, 03:53 PM
[Prairie]

Bit by bit, the Hermit drains out the fearblaze, pulling the element into and through herself. The flames start to take a shape. She closes here eyes; it's best not to see this happening, tearing someone apart like this, even for their own good. She doesn't notice them finish changing color. All hint of blue was gone, and the little bits of color that remained depart. Pure black. The flames finish making a shape, a great cold predatory bird flickering over her, and she notices, and pulls them back in and away.

Zanes core should be left empty of fearblaze, hopefully with normal flames left, but it might have been too tightly linked. The Hermit goes to catch Darkstar in her arms and set him down softly.

He'll probably wake up deeper in the fields, without the forest in sight, under a small lean-to, no one else around.

Reinholdt
2013-09-10, 04:42 PM
Tardis Adventures

"Don't kill time ma'am! People need time to tell how long they've been working and how much they need to get paid ma'am!" :smalleek:

It would be a disaster if Felandria killed time. A real disaster!

Also I'm not sure we need too much of posting order right now, so long as we're throwing pages of back and forth without giving others a chance to speak up.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-10, 05:49 PM
A Hillside

"Do you have anywhere to go?" She really doesn't know, Copi seems like the type to wander about aimlessly most times.

Copi sighs. "What do you mean? I'm staying at Kate's apartment until the funeral business is done. I should find something else to call it now. If you meant more immediately, I have free time."

Felandria
2013-09-10, 06:14 PM
Tardis Adventures

"Don't kill time ma'am! People need time to tell how long they've been working and how much they need to get paid ma'am!" :smalleek:

It would be a disaster if Felandria killed time. A real disaster!

Aww.

It takes tremendous restraint not to give Butler scritches for being so darned adorable, but Fel doesn't want to upset Decker.

No, Butler, not like that.

It's just...
Are you guys SURE you don't wanna go explore the dungeon?

There's gold in dungeons, you know.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-10, 06:24 PM
[Elven Diplomacy]

"What sort of offer? Fey aren't always easy to deal with, getting them to remember anything is a challenge in itself." The elf replies.

Well, it shouldn't be anything too taxing on their memory. Watchtower would like to use the fey as scouts. Nothing too dangerous, just acting as our eyes in the nearby area to ensure nobody ever gets the drop on us."

Aric Kale
2013-09-11, 10:07 AM
Little House on the Prairie

Zane slowly drifts awake, looking about him curiously. He felt empty inside, yet whole, now that the gnawing bite of fearblaze was gone. He has no memory of the shapes the flames took before he passed out, if he even saw them at all.
He extends and hand and tries to summon a baseball-sized sphere of normal fire. What he sees surprises him. A white flame, about the size you'd expect from a lighter, dances along the lines of his palm, moving back and forth in the wind...
White? I thought they had been yellow before...

GrandDM
2013-09-11, 10:17 AM
[Mountains]

Nothing appears to be here, apart from some rocks, snow and a mountain goat, grazing on the sparse shrubbery.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-11, 10:28 AM
[High Sea Adventures]

Derek nods a small smile appearing on his face when she calls Jezebelle a princess. He heads back up and goes to get the dighny set up to take it ashore. "Still no sign of anything dangerous?" He will ask Reinholdt once he is back up on deck.

Reinholdt wakes up from nearly falling asleep.

"No. Nothing. I think he's decided to invite us to his island of doom and kill us there."

The dingy, and the island, await.

Felandria
2013-09-11, 10:36 AM
[Mountains]

Nothing appears to be here, apart from some rocks, snow and a mountain goat, grazing on the sparse shrubbery.

Felandria looks around for any sign of a portal or the man she offered to help.

Okay...

These are the coordinates, but I don't see anything.

GrandDM
2013-09-11, 11:24 AM
Felandria looks around for any sign of a portal or the man she offered to help.

Okay...

These are the coordinates, but I don't see anything.

Suddenly, a mountain opens up! About a square kilometer of mountainside pushes forwards and lifts up on huge arms, revealing a massive platform rising up from the depths. On it are several thousand robots. At the same time, eleven aircraft fly into view from above the mountains. Ten are identical, but the leader is larger. It flies down and hovers above Felandria, flipping upside-down. Harald is in the pilot's chair. He opens the cockpit, releases the harness and drops, flipping in midair to land neatly next to her.

"Glad you could make it. Needless to say, this is my main military facility. I hope you won't disclose its location, but I have a redundant facility, so if you really feel the need to tell any authorities, go ahead."

As he speaks, two ports open in the ground and two pylons appear from them. Each is slightly curved and a couple of hundred meters tall. They lock into place with a clunk and begin to crackle.

"You'll be leading the ground forces. I'll be providing air support. Anything that flies is my concern, so keep your eyes downward. Are you ready?"

Felandria
2013-09-11, 11:31 AM
Suddenly, a mountain opens up! About a square kilometer of mountainside pushes forwards and lifts up on huge arms, revealing a massive platform rising up from the depths. On it are several thousand robots. At the same time, eleven aircraft fly into view from above the mountains. Ten are identical, but the leader is larger. It flies down and hovers above Felandria, flipping upside-down. Harald is in the pilot's chair. He opens the cockpit, releases the harness and drops, flipping in midair to land neatly next to her.

"Glad you could make it. Needless to say, this is my main military facility. I hope you won't disclose its location, but I have a redundant facility, so if you really feel the need to tell any authorities, go ahead."

As he speaks, two ports open in the ground and two pylons appear from them. Each is slightly curved and a couple of hundred meters tall. They lock into place with a clunk and begin to crackle.

"You'll be leading the ground forces. I'll be providing air support. Anything that flies is my concern, so keep your eyes downward. Are you ready?"

Felandria cracks her neck.

Ready.

Apologies in advance if I accidentally hurt any of your men.

You know what I can do, sometimes there's collateral damage, you understand.

McBish
2013-09-11, 12:10 PM
[High Seas Adventures]

Derek quickly has the dighny down in the water and disconnected. There is a rope attached at the front of the dighny, and another one at the back. Either one could be used to tow the small rowboat. Derek gets the oars out and ready to start rowing to the shore so Reinholdt doesn't just have to pull them in. With the calm waters he should be able to help quite a bit.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-11, 12:33 PM
TARDIS Adventures

"As I said, wherever the group determines, I will follow." Wilhelm chimes in from his corner. "If that means exploring a dungeon, so be it."

Tomb of the Spookyname

Sebastian lowers his hand to the ground and the emerald beetle scuttles off, heading down the entrance of the barrow to see what it can see.

happyturtle
2013-09-11, 12:43 PM
TARDIS Adventures

"There's a dungeon?" Decker says. "Ooh, let's do that!"

Earl of Purple
2013-09-11, 01:04 PM

The beetle sees the solid granite slab blocking the marble arch, both covered in strange symbols and runes that move when there's nobody looking at them. If it is able to phase through solid matter, the symbols flare up and try to prevent it. They would power themselves by using the beetle's own magic against it, so the harder it tries the more they resist.

Reinholdt
2013-09-11, 02:18 PM
Tardis Adventures

Butler doesn't usually search out adventures, being a non-combatant and all. They just happen. All he wanted was a job as a waiter at the casino.

"If the dungeon is dirty, I suppose I could clean it ma'am."

High Seas Adventure

Reinholdt will help with the dinghy some, but mostly stay on guard duty until they get to shore.

asdflove
2013-09-11, 04:16 PM
[North Forest]
Neya awkwardly smiles back. "So... Um... Lausel, do you know where we are?"

Chaotic Bob
2013-09-11, 04:25 PM
EMBOH Code Vault

"Probably. Male Val or whatever's going on here doesn't seem the helpful sort."

Magtok frowns at his left arm, attempting to establish a connection and then forcibly transfer the consciousness to his own form, dangerous as that might be.

"Alternative idea: Hijack the box. The soul can use it to get from Point A to Point B, maybe it goes somewhere useful."

...You sure about that, Magtok? Shoving yourself even deeper into the software of this bank vault could be awfully risky. I mean, all this soul business and whatnot might make the whole procedure a lot messier and more convoluted than it needs to be, and the safety of your own soul isn't something to scoff at.

EMBOH Code Vault

Transfer that consciousness to yourself?
That doesn't seem very well thought out.

The "system" seems to recognize the process though, a thin rope of light reaching out for the gangly soul.
It doesn't even notice, muttering up towards its raised hand, until the space around it flickers.

Acquiring a construct in a digital environment is only vaguely complicated. Establish a data link, ensure that the target is in an interpretable format, then shift the information's location. Simplified, but important.

The space around the soul flickers, as Magtok's link adjusts things to fit his system.
No longer doesout it look like a warped version of himself, minereturning to that featureless blank.

An alarmed look crossestearyours Libby's face and she gives Magtok's arm alovelyfacea shake.
"Cancel it!"

Its grin curlsletmeoutletmeoutletmeout up the edges of its facefreedomandfacesdeliciousfaces in a torn Cheshire homage.
Arms raisedineeditneedneedneedneed up in a "hug me" gesture pullmeandgivemeyourfaceyourfaceyourfaceyourfaceyou rfaceYOURLIFEGIVE-

-regardless if Magtok cancels the process or not, the soul gives a strangled yelp and torn backwards, a now-visible green chain around its neck and stretching off into the distance pulled taut with a vicious suddenness.
If the hadn't been cancelled still, the "system" itself moves to break it.

At his side, Libby has assumed an aggressive stance, her scythe making an appearance in her hands as she moves to put herself slightly in front of her cyborg.
"Maggy? Why did you do that?"
The reaper sounds alarmed.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-11, 04:28 PM
Deep Woods

Jace didn't plan on his contingency working like this, but he lucked out. The clasp of his cloak reacts violently to him being grabbed, causing his body to give off a sudden burst of light. It's only meant to dazzle an attacker like a flare, but it has the side effect here of making most of the shadows around him not exist for about two seconds, which may give him the time to drop and let off his spell.
"Your ethos needs work if you want me to talk."
Meanwhile, Zebes tries to scoop Randii on to his back and head for the ring's rock while the shadow-lady's distracted.

"So, can you see what it's seeing or do we wait until it comes back to report?" Krayger asks.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-11, 06:13 PM
[High Seas Adventures]

Derek quickly has the dighny down in the water and disconnected. There is a rope attached at the front of the dighny, and another one at the back. Either one could be used to tow the small rowboat. Derek gets the oars out and ready to start rowing to the shore so Reinholdt doesn't just have to pull them in. With the calm waters he should be able to help quite a bit.

Reinholdt will help with the dinghy some, but mostly stay on guard duty until they get to shore.

Nothing happens as the pair make their way to the beach. Once there, nothing happens some more. All is quiet. Perhaps too quiet. :smalleek:

McBish
2013-09-11, 06:17 PM
[High Seas Adventures]

Derek pulls the dighny high up onto the beach to make sure it stays where it is. He glances around one hand resting on the dagger on his hip. "I don't like this." He wonders if somehow they have been tricked and this is the wrong island. Probably only one way to be sure though, by searching it.

Reinholdt
2013-09-11, 06:33 PM
[High Seas Adventures]

Well if Melody's been attacked, he imagined he'd have heard something by now.

Reinholdt aims his rifle up in the air and fires, seemingly at random. Trying to get a rise out of any lurkers or hidden foes. Make them reveal themselves in response. Hopefully.

Felandria
2013-09-11, 11:24 PM
Tardis Adventures

Butler doesn't usually search out adventures, being a non-combatant and all. They just happen. All he wanted was a job as a waiter at the casino.

"If the dungeon is dirty, I suppose I could clean it ma'am."

Well, that's settled.

First things first, we need to get you guys geared up.

There's a shop nearby, they can hook you up with whatever you need.

Asha'man
2013-09-11, 11:50 PM
The Successor

Shui'yan uses the impact of the kick to launch himself, backflipping towards the baby. As he lands he'll drop low on one leg and sweep with the other, attempting to trip a succubus or two.

Well the succubus are floating/flying so they aren't tripped. The succubi that was kicked stands and throws a sizable fireball at Shui'yan. One succubus Tries to keep his attention by attacking him with a combination of claw swipes and kicks. The last succubus goes to pick up the baby while the old martial artist is distracted.

The faeries and Zane are now non-existent as they stepped out of the scene. simply act as if they were never there.

[Swordsmithing]

Swordsmithing

Okami attempts to leap down upon the creature's torso, claws slashing at the weakest looking points.

Until Kris posts something about Beatrice, I will assume she is still futilely attacking a stone doorway.

As for Okami the weakest looking part is the back only covered in fur. Claws seep into flesh and sticky green slime like blood pours out of the gashes. The fluids are quite sticky that one could get stuck in them. The stinger proceeds to target Okami that is hurting its back. Serph gives a concentrated fist to face on the insect's leathery face. This disorients the insect a bit slowing down the upcoming stinger going to Okami.

[Swordsmithing]

Given that he's bound in human form, Shadow is rather more careful than he otherwise would be. He backs up slowly. The first one to reach him will receive a two-handed blow to the head with the sword, followed by a kick to the chin as the sword is still in its head (assuming it hits).

Well the first one is dead as it got cleaved in half making the follow up kick unessecary. Two of the prey jump at him with claws ready to greet flesh while two run forward to let fang meet flesh.

Beans
2013-09-12, 12:32 AM
[Aigisthos Gully]
Out of a shadowy portal scuttle a bunch of spidery-looking people, their lower bodies vaguely-rectangular hubs with four jointed limbs extending from them. There is one reddish, one dull navy, one greenish, one brown, one black, one white, and a purple-and-white one noticeably bigger. They drag with them another of their kind, black but marked with bands of dull yellow about her limbs. The marked one is thrown into the dusty gully, struggling to stand up.

"Nefila of our Hive Gamemnon, you are a traitor and deserter." The white-and-purple spidery male throws down a small duffel bag of belongings. "Henceforth you are banished forever from our Hive. If you are seen near our lands, you will be hunted down and killed without question. May you wither and die without the love and support of your Hive, a justly-punished example to all. You no longer carry our Hive name of Gamemnon, and are now Nefila Sujigumo, a name befitting your treacherous nature. You are dead to us, not just from now on but from the very day of your conception. You have never existed."

The seven turn and return through the shadowy door they came from, only the black-colored one glancing back at the disgraced ex-person in the shallow gully.

Nefila Sujigumo waits for them to leave and checks her bag. Naked, she puts on a bra and top and a thin jacket, just a bit too big, needles hidden in the sleeves.
She has what she needs.
She sets out to find her place in the world.

((In which Beans makes weird character-setup posts before conking out~))

happyturtle
2013-09-12, 05:56 AM
TARDIS Adventures

Well, that's settled.

First things first, we need to get you guys geared up.

There's a shop nearby, they can hook you up with whatever you need.

"Do they have rocket skates?" Decker asks.

Aric Kale
2013-09-12, 08:23 AM
Swordsmithing

Okami will attempt to reach through the beast's back and crush any vital organs that he can find.

Felandria
2013-09-12, 09:12 AM
TARDIS Adventures

"Do they have rocket skates?" Decker asks.

Sadly no.

While I have brought one or two slightly more modern concepts to this realm, I don't think the general populace here is prepared for rocket skates.

GrandDM
2013-09-12, 10:09 AM
Felandria cracks her neck.

Ready.

Apologies in advance if I accidentally hurt any of your men.

You know what I can do, sometimes there's collateral damage, you understand.

"Don't worry. They're only robots. Take this communicator."

He hands her an earpiece-and-mic before jumping about three meters straight up, catching the side of the cockpit with one hand, pulling himself in with the other, then buckling the harness and closing the canopy. He waits for Felandria to put the earpiece in, then says:

"Portal's opening in five. Form up."

The robots move quickly and efficiently into position. About a quarter, at the front, extend blades from their wrists, half have some sort of ranged weapon, and the remaining quarter, at the back, have tools and spare parts.

Harald and his craft fly away, but turn back quickly, arcing in a loop that gets faster by the second. They break the sound barrier, and a second later a hole in the universe opens up between the pylons. The eleven craft shoot through, weapons, blazing, and the robots follow after.

"Go! Eyes down. Push for the temple."

The aforesaid temple is on a crag of black rock, on the other side of a seething horde of demons, every single one of which screams with delight as a fight arrives. Flying monstrosities fill the air, but are scythed down in great numbers by the fightercraft covering Fel and the robots.

GrandDM
2013-09-12, 10:25 AM
The Successor

Well the succubus are floating/flying so they aren't tripped. The succubi that was kicked stands and throws a sizable fireball at Shui'yan. One succubus Tries to keep his attention by attacking him with a combination of claw swipes and kicks. The last succubus goes to pick up the baby while the old martial artist is distracted.

The faeries and Zane are now non-existent as they stepped out of the scene. simply act as if they were never there.

[Swordsmithing]

Well the first one is dead as it got cleaved in half making the follow up kick unessecary. Two of the prey jump at him with claws ready to greet flesh while two run forward to let fang meet flesh.

[The Successor]
Shui'yan leans just far enough that the fireball passes by without harming him, while parrying with his arms the blows of the attacking succubus and kicking at the third succubus that's trying to steal the baby.

[Swordsmithing]

Shadow jumps so that he goes over the two on the ground, swiping at the two in the air as he does so.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-12, 11:33 AM
EMBOH Code Vault

EMBOH Code Vault

Transfer that consciousness to yourself?
That doesn't seem very well thought out.

The "system" seems to recognize the process though, a thin rope of light reaching out for the gangly soul.
It doesn't even notice, muttering up towards its raised hand, until the space around it flickers.

Acquiring a construct in a digital environment is only vaguely complicated. Establish a data link, ensure that the target is in an interpretable format, then shift the information's location. Simplified, but important.

The space around the soul flickers, as Magtok's link adjusts things to fit his system.
No longer doesout it look like a warped version of himself, minereturning to that featureless blank.

An alarmed look crossestearyours Libby's face and she gives Magtok's arm alovelyfacea shake.
"Cancel it!"

Its grin curlsletmeoutletmeoutletmeout up the edges of its facefreedomandfacesdeliciousfaces in a torn Cheshire homage.
Arms raisedineeditneedneedneedneed up in a "hug me" gesture pullmeandgivemeyourfaceyourfaceyourfaceyourfaceyou rfaceYOURLIFEGIVE-

-regardless if Magtok cancels the process or not, the soul gives a strangled yelp and torn backwards, a now-visible green chain around its neck and stretching off into the distance pulled taut with a vicious suddenness.
If the hadn't been cancelled still, the "system" itself moves to break it.

At his side, Libby has assumed an aggressive stance, her scythe making an appearance in her hands as she moves to put herself slightly in front of her cyborg.
"Maggy? Why did you do that?"
The reaper sounds alarmed.

"Ego, mostly. Stupidity. I need to stop thinking I can't be hurt, that I'm anything akin to a god in here." The cyborg replies nonchalantly, his voice worlds away from his body's reaction to the event that just unfolded. He's shaking from head to toe, nervously drawing back towards Libby to simultaneously lean against the goddess and cower behind her.

"Can we go home now, or is the quest almost over? Maybe just a SHODAN-esque end boss and then we take the loot and leave? Minus the System Shock 2 ending where she becomes a person and wins anyways, I mean. Vallibby would be really creepy."

Magtok is, understandably, just a little rattled right now, and is speaking more out of fear than anything else. I'm sure, given a minute or two to think about it, he'd decide the money is more important than a brief bout of heebie-jeebies.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-12, 12:32 PM
Copi sighs. "What do you mean? I'm staying at Kate's apartment until the funeral business is done. I should find something else to call it now. If you meant more immediately, I have free time."

A Hillside

"I meant longterm I guess. I just figured if you didn't have anywhere to go after the funeral, maybe we could do something about that together. Might work better than counting sand for something to keep us occupied."

Felandria
2013-09-12, 12:47 PM
"Don't worry. They're only robots. Take this communicator."

He hands her an earpiece-and-mic before jumping about three meters straight up, catching the side of the cockpit with one hand, pulling himself in with the other, then buckling the harness and closing the canopy. He waits for Felandria to put the earpiece in, then says:

"Portal's opening in five. Form up."

The robots move quickly and efficiently into position. About a quarter, at the front, extend blades from their wrists, half have some sort of ranged weapon, and the remaining quarter, at the back, have tools and spare parts.

Harald and his craft fly away, but turn back quickly, arcing in a loop that gets faster by the second. They break the sound barrier, and a second later a hole in the universe opens up between the pylons. The eleven craft shoot through, weapons, blazing, and the robots follow after.

"Go! Eyes down. Push for the temple."

The aforesaid temple is on a crag of black rock, on the other side of a seething horde of demons, every single one of which screams with delight as a fight arrives. Flying monstrosities fill the air, but are scythed down in great numbers by the fightercraft covering Fel and the robots.

Felandria sees the horde of demons, at first she planned to hack and slash, cut them down, but their sheer numbers meant she had to go with the other method.

All right everyone, look out below.

And above.

She runs through the portal, growing with each step, the best move was simply to grow huge, stomp the demons and clear a path to the temple.

Reinholdt
2013-09-12, 12:56 PM
TARDIS Adventures

"Well I know what I need to get ma'am." Butler says, finishing off his Nuka-Cola and standing to go to the store.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-12, 02:16 PM
Trisha's Cabin

Once they're done, Trisha is laying behind Michicora, simply stroking the elf's shoulder as she relaxes and enjoying the warmth she brings to Trisha's normally room-cool body. Despite switching Ideals, her body was still dead for the most part. After a bit, she rolls onto her back, watching the roof as she runs fingers over her own scars, remembering how she'd gotten each one. bullet wound...knife...serrated axe...crushed throat...explosion... When she gets to one behind her knee, she gives a small smile Michicora...

It's pretty likely that if Michicora watches, she'll be able to guess what she's thinking about.

Trisha's Cabin

Michicora rolls over, still a bit flustered after what they just had gone through. She moves her hand to Trisha's so she can feel the wound as well. "You really need to give me one of these some day." She teases the champion. "If anyone can, it's you."

[Pokemon Lab]

Beep!

As any standard pokemon computer there are several number of options here.

Someone's PC
Mawile's PC
Records
Help
Switch OFF

Bet Mawile didn't realize she even had a PC.

[Elven Diplomacy]

"Right, I wish you all luck with that. But we might have to get rid off the meeps first though or the fey probably won't approach you with them in tow. They eat pixies." The elf replies with a gesture at the trees around them where the meeps are hiding.

[House of the childnapper]

Irena will stop the car a while before they reach the house. She didn't want the childnapper to see them approaching after all. "It's that way, we should be able to see it soon." She tells Nadia before moving off in the direction of the still unseen house... if it even was a house.

Gullara
2013-09-12, 02:25 PM
[House of the childnapper]

Nadia nods wordlessly and follows Irena. She lets her wife take the lead, even if she'd like to just charge ahead herself. But for safety's sake, she doesn't do anything reckless.

The Bushranger
2013-09-12, 07:07 PM
[Hidden Tower Woods]

((Gah! Sorry I lost track of this.))

"Not to mention a damp-er." Angie says grinning at her pun. "So how has life been at the temple?"

"It's been slow, but enjoyable enough," Sharon says after a moment's thought. "Sometimes...well, a little lonely, I guess," she admits.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-12, 08:15 PM
A Hillside

"I meant longterm I guess. I just figured if you didn't have anywhere to go after the funeral, maybe we could do something about that together. Might work better than counting sand for something to keep us occupied."

"Well... in theory, Kate's apartment could be my long-term home. There's no end of things that I can do to keep me occupied, if I'm being realistic. That's part of the joy I find in living!" Copi smiles. Living is so much better than the alternative.

Pokemon Lab

What? Okay, first thing first. HELP. Mawile knows enough about computers to expect... more than this.

Seriously. Where's the thing you click to see the programs?

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-12, 10:52 PM

"Not quite either. I have.. I suppose, empathy, would be the word. There's a vague sense of what it's doing, what it's sensing. And now... He blinks, taking a moment to parse the information flowing from the beetle's mind. "There's something in it's way. Not dangerous, but it can't move farther."

TARDIS Adventures

Wilhelm quirks an eyebrow, with a deadpan confusion that would impress a Vulcan. "And, pray tell, what is it we shall be need?ing For that matter, what are we to do? I take it this tomb has it's perils?

Terumitsu
2013-09-13, 01:09 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

The house of Strega Saccharine was, in many ways, almost like a rather nice park that was oddly tucked away in a rather dense area of forest. There was an overt theme of sweet things as there was a small carosel with a floor decorated like a spiraling cinnamon roll while the swing set posts looked to be trussed up like candy canes. Even the welcome mat looked like some kind of mint chocolate while the small, round window in the door looked like a yellow butterscotch candy.

If not for the clearly overgrown plants, the vines snaking up the cottage walls and into severe cracks and the heavily faded colors, it would be a rather nice park. The rather numerous dead birds decaying on the ground probably didn't help either... And on further inspection, all the windows were that same yellow color due to the buildup of grime rather than tinted by intent.

A rusty brown chain hung under a tarnished brass bell by the door. The glass was too dirty to tell what was inside. But the lock didn't look all that heavy at least.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-13, 01:54 AM

"Sounds like standard-issue familiar stuff. Maybe it's just the front door. Should we check it out?" he asks.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-13, 05:02 AM
[Elven Diplomacy]

"...They eat pixies. Right. Wonderful. I've managed to well and truly put my foot in it, haven't I?" Ithuriel sighs and peers at the trees. "I don't suppose you know how I'd go about getting rid of them, do you?" Problematic...

Ithuriel turns to her companion, "What about you? Do you reckon you could scare them off with a few shots?"

Shadowcaller
2013-09-13, 07:51 AM
Pokemon Lab

TYPE IN YOUR PROBLEM. The screen reads. That's slightly more helpful right?

[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena sneaks up towards the house, her shadow powers weren't too impressive during the day time but the long shadows cast by the house could help. Skillfully avoiding all junk laying on the ground she moves up to one of the windows and attempts to peek inside.

Blast, impossible to see. So much for the shadow shift idea.

Assuming Nadia followed her all this way, she turns to her. "Think we have to go through the door. We have to make as little sound as possible if we want avoid a hostage situation."

[Elven Diplomacy]

The elf looks up at the trees. "I do know meeps have an allergy to math, but violence might do the trick too." She observes.

Gullara
2013-09-13, 08:01 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

"Right, okay. Here, let me try something." Nadia whispers back and goes to crouch in front of the door. She takes one of her water bottles from her bag and sets it open on the ground in front of her. A small amount of it emerges from the bottle and nadia guides it into the crack between the door and frame.

With her senses, she can feels where the water is, and possibly feel the shape of the lock that she's trying to move the water around. If it's some kind of bolt lock, or something similar, she tries to force more water into it, creating enough pressure to push the lock from its closed position.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-13, 08:20 AM

They don't have to go far. The black marble arch leading into the barrow is blocked by a slab of granite. I went back to check, and I mentioned it in my first post. Unless somebody's managed to remove it without my noticing, anyway.

The surface of both the granite and the marble is covered in mystic-looking symbols that seem to move whenever nobody is looking at them.

Terumitsu
2013-09-13, 09:51 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

There was indeed a dead bolt although it wasn't in the best repair. Made sense given the rest of the area, though. With a rattling *Thunk* the lock was undone and the door sagged just a bit in it's frame.

Actually opening the door, though, would be a somewhat noisy endeavor as the hinges were just as rusty as everything else was. If either Irena or Nadia could supply some kind of lubricant, then that would be one less thing for them to worry about.

Once the door had been delt with, though, there would be a dim hallway lined with wax-laden candleholders. It was quiet inside with no sign of the person in tatty clothes but... There were, just on this side of the shadows, some rather odd furnishings in the room beyond the hallway.

They looked like cradles.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-13, 09:53 AM
"Well... in theory, Kate's apartment could be my long-term home. There's no end of things that I can do to keep me occupied, if I'm being realistic. That's part of the joy I find in living!" Copi smiles. Living is so much better than the alternative.

Pokemon Lab

What? Okay, first thing first. HELP. Mawile knows enough about computers to expect... more than this.

Seriously. Where's the thing you click to see the programs?

A Hillside

"Is Sophie okay with you moving in, or is she thinking of moving herself?" It's a complicated situation, but she supposes that Sophie probably can't support the full rent herself if she was splitting rent with Kate to begin with.

McBish
2013-09-13, 10:55 AM
[Hidden Tower Woods]

((Gah! Sorry I lost track of this.))

"It's been slow, but enjoyable enough," Sharon says after a moment's thought. "Sometimes...well, a little lonely, I guess," she admits.

((Oh yeah I had completly forgotten about this.))

"You should get out more often. If you want we can always use volunteers at my clinic. You can use healing magic can't you?" While she doesn't employee many spellcasters she recgonizes their use and is always on the look out for magical volunteers.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-13, 03:11 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

"Right, okay. Here, let me try something." Nadia whispers back and goes to crouch in front of the door. She takes one of her water bottles from her bag and sets it open on the ground in front of her. A small amount of it emerges from the bottle and nadia guides it into the crack between the door and frame.

With her senses, she can feels where the water is, and possibly feel the shape of the lock that she's trying to move the water around. If it's some kind of bolt lock, or something similar, she tries to force more water into it, creating enough pressure to push the lock from its closed position.

[House of the Kidnapper]

"What are you doing?" Irena asks as Nadia is working. "Are you sure that will open the door quietly?" She whispers. She hadn't brought along anything that really could be used as a dampener and she couldn't think of anything that could do that.

Gullara
2013-09-13, 05:17 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

There was indeed a dead bolt although it wasn't in the best repair. Made sense given the rest of the area, though. With a rattling *Thunk* the lock was undone and the door sagged just a bit in it's frame.

Actually opening the door, though, would be a somewhat noisy endeavor as the hinges were just as rusty as everything else was. If either Irena or Nadia could supply some kind of lubricant, then that would be one less thing for them to worry about.

Once the door had been delt with, though, there would be a dim hallway lined with wax-laden candleholders. It was quiet inside with no sign of the person in tatty clothes but... There were, just on this side of the shadows, some rather odd furnishings in the room beyond the hallway.

They looked like cradles.

[House of the Kidnapper]

"What are you doing?" Irena asks as Nadia is working. "Are you sure that will open the door quietly?" She whispers. She hadn't brought along anything that really could be used as a dampener and she couldn't think of anything that could do that.

[House of the Kidnapper]

"...Well, quietly enough." Nadia says as the lock makes a thunk. It probably wasn't loud enough to carry that far and not be dismissed as nothing. hopefully at least. She wasn't trying to force it open too suddenly after all.

When she tries to open it is the real problem. That creaking is loud, and probably familiar to any occupants of the house. "Dammit." She thinks for a moment and then moves over to the hinges. Using the same technique, she immerses them in water. That should muffle the sound. "Okay, try opening it."

UncleWolf
2013-09-13, 05:33 PM
Trisha's Cabin

Trisha smiles at the comment and raises both of their hands to her own neck to feel the internal scarring that the Venus Flower gave her when it crushed her trachea, leaving slightly pronounced ridges when it healed. "I wouldn't wish to mar you. You're so..." She starts, blushing slightly at the thought but still smiling. "You're stunning."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-13, 08:25 PM
Trisha's Cabin

"Stunning?" If anyone would use that word to describe her, she guessed it would be Trisha. The word made her yearn to return to her normal form again. "That's... no one called me that before. I don't think a scar would spoil it though, it hasn't spoiled your beauty." Michicora is now blushing slightly, not really used to coming with such comments. She wasn't even sure if beauty was a term associated with men or women, but did it really matter?

[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena very slowly opens the door and starts to sneak inside the house, keeping her eyes open for any movement or sign of the babynapper. At first sight this already looked like a freaking deathtrap.

Geez, "weirdo" wasn't enough to describe this psycho. She puts her hand on her gun. She would need to end this quickly once it came down to it.

Gullara
2013-09-13, 09:01 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia grits her teeth as she looks at the cradles. As if she could actually forget about Eliseo, but seeing those does give her an added sense of urgency. "Lead the way, I'm right behind you." She urges.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-13, 09:14 PM
Deep Woods

Jace didn't plan on his contingency working like this, but he lucked out. The clasp of his cloak reacts violently to him being grabbed, causing his body to give off a sudden burst of light. It's only meant to dazzle an attacker like a flare, but it has the side effect here of making most of the shadows around him not exist for about two seconds, which may give him the time to drop and let off his spell.
"Your ethos needs work if you want me to talk."
Meanwhile, Zebes tries to scoop Randii on to his back and head for the ring's rock while the shadow-lady's distracted.

Deep Woods

The woman gives out a startled cry that's cut short as her shadow disappears, and her along with it.

Randii climbs up onto Zebes' back easy enough, but his little detour costs him a few seconds. Which gives the woman time to reach out of a shadow and snatch the ring again.

How about my aim, then?

A shot rings out, and two cries are heard right after. One from the woman, and one from Randii. Randii clutches her left shoulder with her right hand and blood starts dripping from under her fingers.

Jace! I know Randii is hurt, but it is not life threatening. If Jace chooses to tap into Palta's power a little, he can sense Randii's life force and confirm that she is not mortally wounded. No matter how much she's whining about it.

Stupid bitch always picks the worst times to get hurt... Sounds like that part was more to herself than anything.

Don't try to use Palta to find me. It won't work. She can't pick up on me when I'm in the shadows.

Now, again...show me Palta, and tell me where Ivaz is.

Chaotic Bob
2013-09-14, 12:05 AM
EMBOH Code Vault

"Ego, mostly. Stupidity. I need to stop thinking I can't be hurt, that I'm anything akin to a god in here." The cyborg replies nonchalantly, his voice worlds away from his body's reaction to the event that just unfolded. He's shaking from head to toe, nervously drawing back towards Libby to simultaneously lean against the goddess and cower behind her.

"Can we go home now, or is the quest almost over? Maybe just a SHODAN-esque end boss and then we take the loot and leave? Minus the System Shock 2 ending where she becomes a person and wins anyways, I mean. Vallibby would be really creepy."

Magtok is, understandably, just a little rattled right now, and is speaking more out of fear than anything else. I'm sure, given a minute or two to think about it, he'd decide the money is more important than a brief bout of heebie-jeebies.

EMBOH Code Vault

Fingers tight around the chain that bites its neck, the soul still manages to grin at Maggy.
"Ah...hehe...why stop thinking that? You are, gah...quite close to godhood here. Gods are just worthless."

Taking her present role as Magtok's shield rather seriously, Libby gives an overly angry snarl in response.
"Be silent, Faithless wretch."
"Behave yourself, Yu."

Whilst another chastises the soul at the same time.
"Dammit."

Loosely wrapping the chain around his arm, a hatted man in simple street clothes approaches. Leisurely steps, but he nears at the pace of someone sprinting.
Space means less in a computer, but the effect is nonetheless odd to witness.

"Ah, before the anger turns to me, I'd like to apologize."
Pausing while still a small distance away, he must have noticed Libby's baleful gaze slide to him as soon as he spoke.
His hat is doffed from light hair and a small bow is given.
"Yu was to be an aid, although admittedly not the politest one.
I...it would appear more irreparable harm than good has come of it now.

Might I beg you to stow your fear, Lord Magtok?"

GrandDM
2013-09-14, 03:46 AM
Felandria sees the horde of demons, at first she planned to hack and slash, cut them down, but their sheer numbers meant she had to go with the other method.

All right everyone, look out below.

And above.

She runs through the portal, growing with each step, the best move was simply to grow huge, stomp the demons and clear a path to the temple.

As she does so, something rears up from behind the temple. A demon, easily twice her maximum size (assuming she has one. If not, go for about a kilometer). It has night-black scales, blazing red eyes and vicious claws. The demons on the ground pulp easily, and begin to burn and blister as soon as they get anywhere near her. Must be the life thing Harald talked about.

"So, you think to take her back by force? Pathetic. Stop where you are, or I crush her."

It raises a fist over the temple, only to be knocked backwards by some invisible force. Harald activates a loudspeaker in his fighter:

"Let me tell you something interesting, Zaulathen. Reality shapes consciousness, that's a fact. But in a place like this, it works the other way around too. And when you're dealing with me... you're way out of your depth. Engage autopilot."

He pops the canopy and jumps into the air, only to hover there, energy crackling around him. He flicks a finger, and the demon - Zaulathen - staggers backwards.

"The bots will take the ground demons. The fighters will keep the sky clear. Fel - keep him busy. I've got some... redecorating to do."

He soars up into the sky. A light blossoms around him, and begins to grow. Zaulathen attempts to get to Harald, claws slashing.

Felandria
2013-09-14, 03:51 AM
As she does so, something rears up from behind the temple. A demon, easily twice her maximum size (assuming she has one. If not, go for about a kilometer). It has night-black scales, blazing red eyes and vicious claws. The demons on the ground pulp easily, and begin to burn and blister as soon as they get anywhere near her. Must be the life thing Harald talked about.

"So, you think to take her back by force? Pathetic. Stop where you are, or I crush her."

It raises a fist over the temple, only to be knocked backwards by some invisible force. Harald activates a loudspeaker in his fighter:

"Let me tell you something interesting, Zaulathen. Reality shapes consciousness, that's a fact. But in a place like this, it works the other way around too. And when you're dealing with me... you're way out of your depth. Engage autopilot."

He pops the canopy and jumps into the air, only to hover there, energy crackling around him. He flicks a finger, and the demon - Zaulathen - staggers backwards.

"The bots will take the ground demons. The fighters will keep the sky clear. Fel - keep him busy. I've got some... redecorating to do."

He soars up into the sky. A light blossoms around him, and begins to grow. Zaulathen attempts to get to Harald, claws slashing.

Felandria pulls out her sword, grows to her max size (a little over 1000') and charges at the demon.

She swings at his leg, her sword crackling with electricity, hoping to wound the demon and take him off his feet.

The bigger they are and all that.

GrandDM
2013-09-14, 04:08 AM
Felandria pulls out her sword, grows to her max size (a little over 1000') and charges at the demon.

She swings at his leg, her sword crackling with electricity, hoping to wound the demon and take him off his feet.

The bigger they are and all that.

Hissing black ichor sprays out, possibly over Felandria. If it does hit her, it's very acidic indeed and quite capable of eating through flesh and bone.

Zaulathen retaliates with an upward strike, claws out, aiming to rip Fel's throat open and then part her head from the rest of her. As he does so, he flaps his wings hard, causing a massive blast of air that may unbalance Fel and certainly unbalances both the lesser demons and the robots, who are still fighting down below.

The light around Harald becomes blinding, and on the edge of hearing are words coming from it. They're loud enough to be noticeable, but not so loud as to be clear.

Felandria
2013-09-14, 04:14 AM
Hissing black ichor sprays out, possibly over Felandria. If it does hit her, it's very acidic indeed and quite capable of eating through flesh and bone.

Zaulathen retaliates with an upward strike, claws out, aiming to rip Fel's throat open and then part her head from the rest of her. As he does so, he flaps his wings hard, causing a massive blast of air that may unbalance Fel and certainly unbalances both the lesser demons and the robots, who are still fighting down below.

The light around Harald becomes blinding, and on the edge of hearing are words coming from it. They're loud enough to be noticeable, but not so loud as to be clear.

Felandria dodges the black ichor, and as she ducks away from the demon's swing, she seems to vanish entirely.

Considering the tremendous size of the demon, he likely doesn't see the now pixie sized redhead flittering away and upwards into the air.

Once she gets high enough, she dive bombs towards the demon's head, once she gets near its face, she casts a fireball aimed directly at the beast's eyes.

GrandDM
2013-09-14, 01:06 PM
Felandria dodges the black ichor, and as she ducks away from the demon's swing, she seems to vanish entirely.

Considering the tremendous size of the demon, he likely doesn't see the now pixie sized redhead flittering away and upwards into the air.

Once she gets high enough, she dive bombs towards the demon's head, once she gets near its face, she casts a fireball aimed directly at the beast's eyes.

As she vanishes, it looks around stupidly for a moment, before being hit with the fireball. It screams and doubles over, clutching its eyes. As it does so, Harald finishes speaking, and claps his hands with a bang that echoes across the landscape. The temple rips asunder, opening it, and the warren of tunnels beneath, to the air.

"Father! Help me!"

Zaulathen scrambles backwards, trying to get away from wherever Fel is. A rent opens behind him, and a smaller demon steps through. Though not as big or brawny, it has a terrible glint in its eye and crackling power at its fingers.

Harald swoops down into the heart of the tunnel warren, landing badly and tumbling. Blood drips from his ears, nose and mouth.

A young woman is chained to the wall.

"Dad?"

Harald drags himself over.

"Mia..."

He stares at the chains, which snap. Mia immediately grabs Harald, who's collapsed, blood streaming from his nose. He slowly reaches up and puts his arms around her, still losing blood at a frightening rate.

A psychic bomb detonates - life might hurt the demons, but the love of a father and daughter, long lost, is orders of magnitude worse. Any of them near are incinerated. Most others are so badly burnt that they're incapacitated. Zaulathen is singed, but his father doesn't even seem put out. The elder demon speaks:

"It seems my son has failed me. I will deal with him presently, but you, size-shifter, are the more imminent problem."

He snaps his fingers, and a shockwave blasts out. At the same time, a horde of regular demons pour out of the rift. Most turn instantly to ash, but a few hang on, dripping blood and burning with bloodlust. A large number have wings, and take to the sky in search of Felandria.

Devixer
2013-09-14, 02:01 PM
Elven Diplomacy

"Scare, I don't know. These animals could react to shots in any way." Regardless, Boris pulls a pistol from its holster and licks its safety off.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-14, 02:37 PM
[Elven Diplomacy]

"I don't think we should be concerned. Worst case scenario is they'll get violent and attack us. But I already handled the big one, they're not a threat to me. Considering their behaviour, it seems like the alpha male is the only one to really respond to a threat, and the rest will probably turn tail and run." Otherwise the meeps would've swarmed them, right?

Hopefully that's how it works anyway.

"Give it a shot, Boris. Let's see what happens."

Deathkeeper
2013-09-14, 03:36 PM
Deep Woods

The woman gives out a startled cry that's cut short as her shadow disappears, and her along with it.

Randii climbs up onto Zebes' back easy enough, but his little detour costs him a few seconds. Which gives the woman time to reach out of a shadow and snatch the ring again.

How about my aim, then?

A shot rings out, and two cries are heard right after. One from the woman, and one from Randii. Randii clutches her left shoulder with her right hand and blood starts dripping from under her fingers.

Jace! I know Randii is hurt, but it is not life threatening. If Jace chooses to tap into Palta's power a little, he can sense Randii's life force and confirm that she is not mortally wounded. No matter how much she's whining about it.

Stupid bitch always picks the worst times to get hurt... Sounds like that part was more to herself than anything.

Don't try to use Palta to find me. It won't work. She can't pick up on me when I'm in the shadows.

Now, again...show me Palta, and tell me where Ivaz is.

Deep Woods

"Did you just get hurt shooting a person? You really suck at this. Counter-argument: Give me a single reason to put any trust in you, and I will. As of now, you're just a person who threatened me (with rather lame means by the way). Although I'll tell you for free that I don't know the second name."
Unless his player just forgot the name but I'm pretty sure I would remember that being brought up IC.

They don't have to go far. The black marble arch leading into the barrow is blocked by a slab of granite. I went back to check, and I mentioned it in my first post. Unless somebody's managed to remove it without my noticing, anyway.

The surface of both the granite and the marble is covered in mystic-looking symbols that seem to move whenever nobody is looking at them.

"I don't suppose the command word to open it is just to ask nicely or say 'open?' " he jokes, rapping his axe on the granite.

Terumitsu
2013-09-14, 05:22 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

The water proved to be rather effective as, although it didn't have the same viscosity as grease, it was still a very effective lubricant as well as a muffler of noise. The door swung open with little fanfare, in any case

Irena may feel that there person was a bit more than just an odd duck once she drew near to the cradles, though. They were occupied with small, plush toys or bright but dusty blankets and some had mobiles hanging over of them. And inside each one, as if pleasently sleeping, was a desiccated corpse of a child wrapped in cloth.

And that was only in this room. Further on inside the house, the cradles lined the walls until the kitchen came into view. There, high chairs of various types had the same, desiccated children sitting in them dressed up impeccably like little lords and ladies although one or two had an almost comical outfit which made them out to be tiny sailors. And there were still more rooms ahead.

Strange that there was no sound coming from anywhere that would indicate life of any sort in the house..

Lex-Kat
2013-09-14, 05:24 PM
[High Seas Adventures]

Derek pulls the dighny high up onto the beach to make sure it stays where it is. He glances around one hand resting on the dagger on his hip. "I don't like this." He wonders if somehow they have been tricked and this is the wrong island. Probably only one way to be sure though, by searching it.
Well if Melody's been attacked, he imagined he'd have heard something by now.

Reinholdt aims his rifle up in the air and fires, seemingly at random. Trying to get a rise out of any lurkers or hidden foes. Make them reveal themselves in response. Hopefully.

Just then, the island begins to quake and shake. A deep rumbling can be heard coming from deep within the Earth.

The pair can see a cave opening in the distance.

Felandria
2013-09-14, 05:48 PM
As she vanishes, it looks around stupidly for a moment, before being hit with the fireball. It screams and doubles over, clutching its eyes. As it does so, Harald finishes speaking, and claps his hands with a bang that echoes across the landscape. The temple rips asunder, opening it, and the warren of tunnels beneath, to the air.

"Father! Help me!"

Zaulathen scrambles backwards, trying to get away from wherever Fel is. A rent opens behind him, and a smaller demon steps through. Though not as big or brawny, it has a terrible glint in its eye and crackling power at its fingers.

Harald swoops down into the heart of the tunnel warren, landing badly and tumbling. Blood drips from his ears, nose and mouth.

A young woman is chained to the wall.

"Dad?"

Harald drags himself over.

"Mia..."

He stares at the chains, which snap. Mia immediately grabs Harald, who's collapsed, blood streaming from his nose. He slowly reaches up and puts his arms around her, still losing blood at a frightening rate.

A psychic bomb detonates - life might hurt the demons, but the love of a father and daughter, long lost, is orders of magnitude worse. Any of them near are incinerated. Most others are so badly burnt that they're incapacitated. Zaulathen is singed, but his father doesn't even seem put out. The elder demon speaks:

"It seems my son has failed me. I will deal with him presently, but you, size-shifter, are the more imminent problem."

He snaps his fingers, and a shockwave blasts out. At the same time, a horde of regular demons pour out of the rift. Most turn instantly to ash, but a few hang on, dripping blood and burning with bloodlust. A large number have wings, and take to the sky in search of Felandria.

The shockwave knocks the tiny sorceress for a loop, she manages to recover and makes a beeline for the massive demon, headed directly towards his ear.

She loved the old Sword in the Stone routine.

Hoping, of course, to do some damage in the one place the demon can't reach.

UncleWolf
2013-09-14, 07:54 PM
Trisha's Cabin

"Stunning?" If anyone would use that word to describe her, she guessed it would be Trisha. The word made her yearn to return to her normal form again. "That's... no one called me that before. I don't think a scar would spoil it though, it hasn't spoiled your beauty." Michicora is now blushing slightly, not really used to coming with such comments. She wasn't even sure if beauty was a term associated with men or women, but did it really matter?

Trisha's Cabin

The Champion turns away, her cheeks darkening blue-black a little in a blush of her own. "I...thank you." She says quietly before turning back and giving a small sigh. "I know it sounds silly regarding what we do, but I'd rather you didn't have to get scars in the first place."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-14, 08:51 PM
Deep Woods

"Did you just get hurt shooting a person? You really suck at this. Counter-argument: Give me a single reason to put any trust in you, and I will. As of now, you're just a person who threatened me (with rather lame means by the way). Although I'll tell you for free that I don't know the second name."
Unless his player just forgot the name but I'm pretty sure I would remember that being brought up IC.

No, Jace hasn't heard that name yet. Palta knows it, but Jace doesn't.

No, you idiot, I got hurt because my sister is stupid.

As for a good reason, how about this: I'm armed, hiding in the shadows, and you can't find me. How long do you think you'll last? I mean...I only need one of you to answer me.

She has a point.

Gullara
2013-09-15, 12:25 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Chances are the pair won't make it as far as the kitchen, because as soon as Nadia catches sight of what's in the cradles, she stops dead in her tracks. She looks at the little corpse and desperately wants to scream, but but it feels like her throat is closing up. She staggers backward and turns around before doubling over. Her whole body rocks with her heaves as it tries to expel her nonexistent breakfast. She can't breath; all she can do is sputter and cough in between dry heaves.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-15, 12:49 AM

"Oh. Wall." Wall indeed. Sebastian runs his hand over the granite slab, squinting as he tries to examine it's less apparent properties. "It's magic, but nothing dangerous, so, ah, I think you'll be of more help against it than me." Dangerous magic shows as a violent red; to his sight, the wall is a calmer shade of teal.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-15, 12:54 AM

"What, do you think it might just slide in some direction? Because if it's not meant to I doubt I could move solid rock. And I didn't bring a jackhammer." he says.

Deep Woods

Jace chuckles.
"How long I'll last? You'll need a perfect headshot to kill me, you're using a pistol that has a maximum of six shots in it at any time, and if you do kill me my familiar will just burn the whole forest down with you in rage. Meanwhile, I can light up a large enough area to prevent you from getting an easy shadow to shoot from, I have three sets of eyes looking for you, and most importantly, I can leave whenever I want. And telling you anything just helps you, which again, I'm not seeing any reason that it isn't entirely detrimental to me."
Meanwhile, Zebes wonders if she was smart enough to cover up her scent before she tried hiding from a dragon.

GrandDM
2013-09-15, 02:33 AM
The shockwave knocks the tiny sorceress for a loop, she manages to recover and makes a beeline for the massive demon, headed directly towards his ear.

She loved the old Sword in the Stone routine.

Hoping, of course, to do some damage in the one place the demon can't reach.

She succeeds in entering his ear, but the demon summons electricity, sending it coursing through him. If she touches so much as a blob of earwax, she'll be hit with about a hundred thousand volts. He then shoves a hand through the portal, grabbing a handful of lesser demons (shielding them from being fried by Harald and Mia) and dropping them into his ear. They charge screaming down it, looking for Fel.

Harald, meanwhile, still streaming blood, is hobbling towards the two demons, supported by Mia. He's holding a silver sphere about the size of his clenched fist.

"Fel... out... now. Portal."

Felandria
2013-09-15, 03:19 AM
She succeeds in entering his ear, but the demon summons electricity, sending it coursing through him. If she touches so much as a blob of earwax, she'll be hit with about a hundred thousand volts. He then shoves a hand through the portal, grabbing a handful of lesser demons (shielding them from being fried by Harald and Mia) and dropping them into his ear. They charge screaming down it, looking for Fel.

Harald, meanwhile, still streaming blood, is hobbling towards the two demons, supported by Mia. He's holding a silver sphere about the size of his clenched fist.

"Fel... out... now. Portal."

((Felandria is kinda immune to electricity, being Zeus's daughter and all, but she wasn't exactly going in there to hurt the demon PHYSICALLY))

Fel pulls out the little device she brought with her and drops it right inside the demon's head, then flies out.

She sees Harald and his daughter and flies down to them, growing back to normal size for her.

Hold on.

She pulls out her wand of Cure Moderate Wounds and casts it on Harald, hoping to stop the bleeding.

I left him a little gift.

In a few minutes, it'll start playing "It's a Small World" on a continuous loop.

What do you need?

Shadowcaller
2013-09-15, 08:24 AM
Elven Diplomacy

"Scare, I don't know. These animals could react to shots in any way." Regardless, Boris pulls a pistol from its holster and licks its safety off.

[Elven Diplomacy]

"I don't think we should be concerned. Worst case scenario is they'll get violent and attack us. But I already handled the big one, they're not a threat to me. Considering their behaviour, it seems like the alpha male is the only one to really respond to a threat, and the rest will probably turn tail and run." Otherwise the meeps would've swarmed them, right?

[Elven Diplomacy]

A screaming coconut is thrown at Boris, specifically aimed at his head, he might want to dodge it.

[House of the Kidnapper]

Crap.

There are far worse words in Irena's vocabulary but as the forum would filter out most of them, crap will do for now.

Her attention immediately goes to Nadia as whatever she felt about baby corpses, her wife's reaction would be far, far worse. She kneels down besides Nadia and puts her hand on her back. More she couldn't do at the moment, she just had to wait for Nadia to recover.

She hoped she recovered fast though since if what they had just seen was any clue they might be in a hurry.

Trisha's Cabin

The elf/catbeing smiles, feeling a bit less anxious when Trisha was blushing in such a cute way. "Then I won't be. I promise you that." It was actually a promise she could keep as her secret were divinely granted healing. "But that won't mean I won't hunt. I know that Kuori would free me of this curse if I bring down a mighty enough prey. Does that sound like a date to you?" The hunter asks, this soft cuddling was nice but she liked some variation. Besides, there were few things as sexy as seeing Trisha fight. All the primal feelings she unleashed were really an sight to behold.

Gullara
2013-09-15, 08:49 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia doesn't take too long to recover, but she looks absolutely dreadful when she looks up at Irena. That is the most horrific thing she's ever seen. She'd like nothing more but to run away from this place as fast as she can, but...

"We need to find him. Now." Nadia gets to her feet, a bit unsteadily, and waits for Irena to start leading the way again. Any attempts at pausing to coddle her won't be tolerated. They need to find Eliseo right now.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-15, 08:55 AM

The block is indeed designed to slide! Specifically, outwards, and the block's enchantment means that anything used to try and damage it will be repelled back with the same amount of force. This can be dangerous- if somebody tried fireballing the slab, it will fireball them back. Fortunately, there's a very well hidden handhold hidden in the stone.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-15, 08:57 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena nods, this is why she married this woman. She didn't break like a twig under pressure, no matter how utterly awful this situation was for her.

She doesn't even attempt to coddle Nadia since she had the very same idea in mind, they had to find Eliseo. The witch sneaks carefully through the room, trying not to make any sound as she listens and looks for clues to where the kidnapper or Eliseo were.

It was likely the kidnapper were with the infant right now so maybe they had to trick her somehow.

Asha'man
2013-09-15, 10:58 AM
Swordsmithing

Okami will attempt to reach through the beast's back and crush any vital organs that he can find.

With Okami bringing on the gore the insect twitches in its death throes. Or it would but it is an insect. The insect ganglia of its various parts are still moving. Okami should be covered in sticky, movement hindering blood. The Stinger tail aims a stab at Okami, even without eyes. five insect legs are inching towards Serph. The sixth leg did not move for some reason. Maybe his punch earlier did the trick only a bit delayed. Serph picks one insect leg up and smashes it on another insect leg.

[The Successor]
Shui'yan leans just far enough that the fireball passes by without harming him, while parrying with his arms the blows of the attacking succubus and kicking at the third succubus that's trying to steal the baby.

[Swordsmithing]

Shadow jumps so that he goes over the two on the ground, swiping at the two in the air as he does so.

[Swordsmithing]

Aerial slash? Quite the number of thing can be done when you're not limited to the video game controls. Anyhow, The two are painfully slashed. The remeaining two make a very loud cry. In an instant a harder, better, faster, stronger version of the velociprey has arrived. It's the velocidrome!

[The successor]

The succubus back off. They wonder how a measly human can manage to fight all three demons with such ease. They haven't even landed a clean hit! "Meddling human! That infant belongs to demonkind! We'll be back!" The three vanish with a promise to return in greater force. The baby is still somehow asleep.

UncleWolf
2013-09-15, 02:33 PM
Trisha's Cabin

Trisha sits up and stretches, her arms above her and arching her back to cause it to give a loud series of pops. She winces a bit at the feeling, but sighs happily when she does. "You have the greatest ideas for dates. But should I wear my armor, or something a little...lighter to encourage you to fight harder?" She asks in a teasing tone as she gets out of the bed and limbers up a little more in preparation for what's probably going to be a long Hunt.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-15, 02:41 PM
Trisha's Cabin

The elf blushes again when Trisha mentions that but there was a certain logic in in it. "...you'd move faster... so maybe something a bit more lighter since we're going to run quite a while?" She suggests with a shy smile. There really wasn't anything lecherous with that suggestion! She wouldn't want Trisha to get in danger because she didn't wore proper armor in a fight.

Michicora then get's up as well, she would find her armor... wherever she put it.

Terumitsu
2013-09-15, 04:14 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

A moment of listening and then a single burbling sound... And then A clear cry of an infant. It came from the far back end of the house where it seemed to be rather less dense in furnishings of any nature. There was no shushing or noise that would indicate anyone else so either they were lying in wait or..

Well, if the two decided to press onwards into what was probably a bedroom, they would see a pair of cradles with a very familiar child bawling at the top of his lungs in one of them. And, aside from a bed and a lit but dying candle, not much else as the second cradle was quite empty although it seemed like it was still a tiny bit warm from whatever had lain in it.

Still no signs of the kidnapper... Strange..

Lord Magtok
2013-09-15, 04:39 PM
EMBOH Code Vault

EMBOH Code Vault

Fingers tight around the chain that bites its neck, the soul still manages to grin at Maggy.
"Ah...hehe...why stop thinking that? You are, gah...quite close to godhood here. Gods are just worthless."

Taking her present role as Magtok's shield rather seriously, Libby gives an overly angry snarl in response.
"Be silent, Faithless wretch."
"Behave yourself, Yu."

Whilst another chastises the soul at the same time.
"Dammit."

Loosely wrapping the chain around his arm, a hatted man in simple street clothes approaches. Leisurely steps, but he nears at the pace of someone sprinting.
Space means less in a computer, but the effect is nonetheless odd to witness.

"Ah, before the anger turns to me, I'd like to apologize."
Pausing while still a small distance away, he must have noticed Libby's baleful gaze slide to him as soon as he spoke.
His hat is doffed from light hair and a small bow is given.
"Yu was to be an aid, although admittedly not the politest one.
I...it would appear more irreparable harm than good has come of it now.

Might I beg you to stow your fear, Lord Magtok?"

"Meant to be an aid," Magtok repeats, skeptical. Is it possible Mr. Hat Guy doesn't know what's going on here? That he's prey in this convoluted game of cat and mouse? Maybe. It's possible that, despite conversation pointing in one direction, Yu and New Guy are designed to respond to the duo according to the entrance they took, above all else, and the idea that they're some sort of threat to this place doesn't even register.

"And that...so what are you, then?"

Gullara
2013-09-15, 04:47 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

There isn't much that could stop nadia from hurrying toward Eliseo when she first hears him. She approaches with care along with irena, but as soon as she sees him and no one else there with him, she throws all caution to the wind and rushes over to the cradle.

"Mommy's here now. Mommy's here." Nadia says soothingly as she scoops him out of the cradle. She holds him close to her chest, gently rocking him. Tears come to her eyes as she continues to mutter soothing words.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-15, 04:56 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena is far more cautious than Nadia and let's her take the lead once Eliseo is found. Her duty was to protect them so she couldn't let her guard down in a place like this even if the scene was rather touching.

Taking up her gun (with the safety still on) she moves close to Nadia, looking into the rest of the room. At least they wouldn't have to worry about a hostage scenario now right? The kidnapper still had to go though or she would likely try to do this again.

Chaotic Bob
2013-09-15, 07:25 PM
[EMBOH Code Vault]

Let him keep talking, or eradicate them both?
Libby's feeling less comfortable in here as this progresses. The electrical disconnect from here and the outside world is leaving her...diminished.
She can tell that there is another soul in here somewhere, and this "man" is not it, but beyond that, she can discern little else.

This lack of inherent foresight is bothersome.

For now she remains in front of Magtok, scythe tilted slightly towards Yu and her attention towards the newcomer.
"Caution..."

"That hard to believe? I didn't nibble your face or anything."
Yu's tone does sort of suggest he would like to have, though.

Replacing his hat back upon his head, the newcomer gives a relatively easy-going smile.
"Just a cog in the process to get you in and out as smoothly as possible.
There are two present options in that regard: I can show you directly out, or give you direction further to your interests."

The faceless Yu makes a slight move to get back up, which is swiftly interrupted by the man placing a foot on the chain near its neck.
Bit difficult to get off the ground in such circumstances, unfortunately.
"Stay."

Lord Magtok
2013-09-15, 07:55 PM
EMBOH Code Vault

"I'll have to consult with my partner first, hold on. The latter would be preferable, though." Magtok answers, though there's no actual gratitude in his words. For all he knows, this is just another good cop/bad cop routine. He won't know until the both of them are bearing their teeth or they've been seen through to victory, so he'll just have to play dumb for now and hope things go pleasantly.

"Libby, what do you think? He seems trustworthy enough for now, right?" Magtok whispers, his voice just low enough Yu's brother might be able to hear. That's sort of the point, though. He'll be the one who takes the bait, and Libby can be the skeptical defensive one. Exactly what they would expect, up until Magtok finds some trick to stab the newcomer right in the back before he can do the same.

Terumitsu
2013-09-15, 08:08 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

A voice like cracked reeds issued from the front door a few minutes after Nadia had gotten Eliseo to calm down. "He-Hello? Who's there? Oh dear oh dear.. Now now, little ones, mummy is here. Shhhh.. There we are, yes, just sleep like you are like good little ones. Mummy will have this all sorted out soon." it said. It was hard to tell the actual gender of the voice it was so old but it did sound like it was getting closer...

But as it did, there did seem to be some low whimpering or whining that was growing louder as well.. It was weak but hardly unnoticeable..

There were only a few moments before the reedy-voiced person was in view. It was just long enough for a simple plan but it would have to be quick.

Gullara
2013-09-15, 08:26 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia's eyes go wide as she hears the approaching voice. She quiets immediately, though Eliseo is still crying. She looks to Irena for some direction of she has a plan, but otherwise Nadia will just back against the wall the doorway is on and keep tight against it. Maybe she can stay out of sight for the first few moments the person is in the room.

She looks at the second cradle in the room and connects the dots between that and the whimpering. "Another baby." She mouths to Irena. Was another poor mother missing her baby? She doesn't want to think about it, and especially not what that implies about all the other cradles...

Chaotic Bob
2013-09-15, 08:45 PM
[EMBOH Code Vault]

While Magtok consults, the other two remain patiently quiet.
This includes quite a bit of utter death-glaring from Yu towards the man chaining its neck to the ground.

But not much else.

Libby doesn't even need to be playing along to have a very suspicious look on her face, with that display.
A moment of pursed lips and irritated ear twitching before the reaper gives a slow nod.
"For better or worse, he has aided us. Benefit of the doubt has been earned."

Hat-man hat-man. Wearin' hats, like everybody can.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-15, 08:54 PM
EMBOH Code Vault

"Alright, let's go along with him for now, then. Also, have your ears always been able to do that? That's adorable."

Magtok, I swear, you must be trying to get people to hurt you, saying things like that. Libby's given you a lot of leeway before, let's not abuse that. She needs a glove to hold your hand safely, but that doesn't mean she can't do the same for when she wants to punch you in the face.

"Okay Hat Guy, we're in. Which way?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-15, 09:32 PM
Deep Woods

Jace chuckles.
"How long I'll last? You'll need a perfect headshot to kill me, you're using a pistol that has a maximum of six shots in it at any time, and if you do kill me my familiar will just burn the whole forest down with you in rage. Meanwhile, I can light up a large enough area to prevent you from getting an easy shadow to shoot from, I have three sets of eyes looking for you, and most importantly, I can leave whenever I want. And telling you anything just helps you, which again, I'm not seeing any reason that it isn't entirely detrimental to me."
Meanwhile, Zebes wonders if she was smart enough to cover up her scent before she tried hiding from a dragon.

The woman chuckles. You really don't know anything about me, do you? May I remind you that I do still have Medric. Fire spirit. Also... There's a flash of light from a tree branch, and suddenly sticking out of the ground in the clearing where the ring was is a fairly large dagger. From a different direction, another object flies through the air and lands by the dagger. An empty rocket launcher.

And for the record, my handguns are a little bit customized. They hold ten rounds.

Zebes can pick up her scent, but it's extremely hard to pinpoint it. Like her voice, it seems to be coming from multiple shadows at once.

UncleWolf
2013-09-15, 09:54 PM
Trisha's Cabin

The Champion chuckles at it and begins pulling on her a pair of frilly black underthings before pulling on the cotton tunic and pants that she uses for her underlayer for her armor. "The frills are to encourage you." She says with a wink.

GrandDM
2013-09-16, 11:06 AM
[Swordsmithing]

Aerial slash? Quite the number of thing can be done when you're not limited to the video game controls. Anyhow, The two are painfully slashed. The remeaining two make a very loud cry. In an instant a harder, better, faster, stronger version of the velociprey has arrived. It's the velocidrome!

[The successor]

The succubus back off. They wonder how a measly human can manage to fight all three demons with such ease. They haven't even landed a clean hit! "Meddling human! That infant belongs to demonkind! We'll be back!" The three vanish with a promise to return in greater force. The baby is still somehow asleep.

[Swordsmithing]

Oh good. Tougher monsters.

Shadow will attempt to kick one of the remaining two velocipreys in the head while he chops the other with his sword, assuming the velocidrome hasn't already got to him. If he does, he'll move back, wait for the velocidrome to lunge and then slice it.

[The Successor]

"You may be back, but I'll always be here to stop you."

He'll attempt to pick up the baby.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-16, 01:04 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena aims her gun in the location of the voice, she wasn't sure how Nadia would feel about her shooting the kidnapper but considering what this person had done there really wasn't any other way this was going down. This creature had to be put down, the old fashioned way.

She would have to get a better look first before she fired the shot.

Trisha's Cabin

Michicora laughs nervously before bending down to get her own clothes. She wasn't sure how to reply but she did appreciate the gesture. Frills weren't going to affect Trisha's ability to hunt after all. Now all they needed was a good prey...

Terumitsu
2013-09-16, 10:28 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

A hooded person in dusty old clothes that would have been garishly colorful had they not been so faded stepped past the precipice of the room. And then stopped as they seemed to regard the strange metal thing held by the woman infront of them. "Uh.. Ah-hem. Who, um.. Might you be, dearie?" they asked. There seemed to be more confusion than anything as the gun didn't seem to register much for them.. Then again, their house suggested they were somewhat old fashioned after all.

The child wrapped up in a blanket was still clearly alive but not necessarily looking the most healthy as it weakly tried to shift around inside the cloth. "There there, little one. Just a moment and I'll get you something nice to eat." they crooned as well as such a voice could. Irena may find herself shuffled past if she didn't make much of a struggle. The person would then lean slowly over as if bent by the years and pained by the effort to place the child into the crib. A keen eye would note that the child was, while still not well, notably more vigorous once it had left the arms of the person. Nadia had apparently not been noticed of yet, it seemed. "Now.. um.. What do you want, coming in here and trying to wake all my little lovelies?"

Deathkeeper
2013-09-16, 10:58 PM

Well, it's a good thing Krayger tapped it with his axe, then. He'll do his best to move the slab, although he'll find the grip much faster if Sebastian helps.

Deep Woods

"I'm a little confused. Are you trying to say you have weapons or not? Because I don't get how throwing someone your gun thing is supposed to intimidate me unless you have like, five of them. Which would be stupid, just carry one.
Regardless, this is all rather pointless. We can sit here all day bragging like adolescent jocks or, for the third time, you can just give me a reason of why you want to know and skip the whole measuring contest."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-16, 11:55 PM
Deep Woods

I'm sorry I was too subtle for you. I don't carry any weapons, actually. I just reach into a shadow and grab one.

I want to know because I know Ivaz is hunting the spirits down. I know she wants them for herself. And I know that if you're helping her, I won't hesitate to kill you. Unless you tell me everything you can and disappear from here.

Gullara
2013-09-17, 12:18 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia hugs Eliseo to her chest and she takes a step away from the person, but her eyes can't help but go to the cradle. It's not the same feeling she'd get if it were Eliseo, when it was Eliseo, but she wants to rescue that child from this person.

"Did you take all these babies?" She suddenly asks, her voice shaking just a little. "Did you take them all from their mothers?" The shaking might be more rage than fear.

GrandDM
2013-09-17, 12:33 PM
((Felandria is kinda immune to electricity, being Zeus's daughter and all, but she wasn't exactly going in there to hurt the demon PHYSICALLY))

Fel pulls out the little device she brought with her and drops it right inside the demon's head, then flies out.

She sees Harald and his daughter and flies down to them, growing back to normal size for her.

Hold on.

She pulls out her wand of Cure Moderate Wounds and casts it on Harald, hoping to stop the bleeding.

I left him a little gift.

In a few minutes, it'll start playing "It's a Small World" on a continuous loop.

What do you need?

Harald appears to improve for a moment, but staggers, bleeding even more.

"Don't... bother... with the wand. Too much strain... from reality-warping. Get out. I'll... take care of... the two demons."

He suddenly grabs Mia and throws her out through the portal, although the effort costs him an eye which suddenly goes red as blood bursts into it. He begins to hobble towards the prone Zaulathen, still holding his face in agony, and his father, who's clutching his head and banging his ear with the heel of one of his hands.

He pulls a silver sphere from a pocket.

"You wanted... the Dimensional Destabilizer... here it is."

He twists half of it clockwise, and it lights up blue and begins to hum. He lobs it in the direction of Zaulathen's father, who's stopped hammering at his ear and is staring at the silver sphere with an expression of utter terror on his face. He lunges for it, but his fingers are too big to find any purchase.

Harald thrusts out a hand, and assuming Fel doesn't have reality-warping-resistance and doesn't hang on to the ground, she'll be picked up and dropped out of the portal next to Mia, who's pounding on the forcefield as hard as she can.

"Dad! Dad!"

There's a suggestion of a dark hole, then the portal closes, leaving Mia and Fel alone in the mountains.

((All of that last bit was assuming Harald manages to throw Fel out of the portal. If he doesn't, ignore it.))

Felandria
2013-09-17, 01:05 PM
Harald appears to improve for a moment, but staggers, bleeding even more.

"Don't... bother... with the wand. Too much strain... from reality-warping. Get out. I'll... take care of... the two demons."

He suddenly grabs Mia and throws her out through the portal, although the effort costs him an eye which suddenly goes red as blood bursts into it. He begins to hobble towards the prone Zaulathen, still holding his face in agony, and his father, who's clutching his head and banging his ear with the heel of one of his hands.

He pulls a silver sphere from a pocket.

"You wanted... the Dimensional Destabilizer... here it is."

He twists half of it clockwise, and it lights up blue and begins to hum. He lobs it in the direction of Zaulathen's father, who's stopped hammering at his ear and is staring at the silver sphere with an expression of utter terror on his face. He lunges for it, but his fingers are too big to find any purchase.

Harald thrusts out a hand, and assuming Fel doesn't have reality-warping-resistance and doesn't hang on to the ground, she'll be picked up and dropped out of the portal next to Mia, who's pounding on the forcefield as hard as she can.

"Dad! Dad!"

There's a suggestion of a dark hole, then the portal closes, leaving Mia and Fel alone in the mountains.

((All of that last bit was assuming Harald manages to throw Fel out of the portal. If he doesn't, ignore it.))

((Well, Fel isn't pixie size anymore, but I assume it's some kind of force grab, so yeah, she'd get chucked out of the portal.

I mean, she wants to grab him and drag him out, more than anything, but I suspect that's not what you want.))

Fel lays on the ground, stunned.

She could have saved him.

All she had to do was grab him, but he.....

A tear runs down her cheek as she gets to her feet and walks over to his daughter.

Your father is very brave, Mia.

GrandDM
2013-09-17, 01:41 PM
((Well, Fel isn't pixie size anymore, but I assume it's some kind of force grab, so yeah, she'd get chucked out of the portal.

I mean, she wants to grab him and drag him out, more than anything, but I suspect that's not what you want.))

Fel lays on the ground, stunned.

She could have saved him.

All she had to do was grab him, but he.....

A tear runs down her cheek as she gets to her feet and walks over to his daughter.

Your father is very brave, Mia.

"I don't care! Why did he have to die?! Why couldn't he..."

She breaks down into tears.

A robot walks over. It's larger than the others, and its sensory arrays are lit up gold instead of red.

"He isn't dead. You won't be able to see him for a few days - it takes a while to break in a new body, and at the moment he can't even walk - but he'll be perfectly fine. He's asked me to tell you, Mia, to go to the lab in Inside. There, you'll find your father's only human employee. Get settled in there, and tell her that he'll be along in a few days. Felandria, he asked me to give you this."

The robot hands over a small wafer of flexible circuitry.

"This contains the passcode to the lesser satellite network owned by Harald. Hypersecure communications. He also told me to tell you that if you ever need anything, you only have to call him up. You should count yourself lucky - the only other person to have access to this network is Magtok."

Felandria
2013-09-17, 02:58 PM
"I don't care! Why did he have to die?! Why couldn't he..."

She breaks down into tears.

A robot walks over. It's larger than the others, and its sensory arrays are lit up gold instead of red.

"He isn't dead. You won't be able to see him for a few days - it takes a while to break in a new body, and at the moment he can't even walk - but he'll be perfectly fine. He's asked me to tell you, Mia, to go to the lab in Inside. There, you'll find your father's only human employee. Get settled in there, and tell her that he'll be along in a few days. Felandria, he asked me to give you this."

The robot hands over a small wafer of flexible circuitry.

"This contains the passcode to the lesser satellite network owned by Harald. Hypersecure communications. He also told me to tell you that if you ever need anything, you only have to call him up. You should count yourself lucky - the only other person to have access to this network is Magtok."

Thank you.

Felandria puts a hand on Mia's shoulder.

Let me take you to the lab, I can get you there fast.

Lost_Deep
2013-09-17, 05:33 PM
Pokemon Lab

TYPE IN YOUR PROBLEM. The screen reads. That's slightly more helpful right?

>I need a map of the facility.

There. That's straightforward.

A Hillside

"Is Sophie okay with you moving in, or is she thinking of moving herself?" It's a complicated situation, but she supposes that Sophie probably can't support the full rent herself if she was splitting rent with Kate to begin with.

"She's okay with it, and certainly not moving. Really, by the time that Kate and Sophie were settled in, either one could pay the rent. They just split it so that they could have more spending money, it's not like either one needed more room. And back then was when Kate had to worry about buying a new wardrobe every month, since she kept getting modded. One way or the other, I don't think we need to worry about where Sophie or I will be sleeping."

A phone rings in one of Copi's pockets, and she makes a face. "This is why I went without tech for so long. I can't help but see them as shackles in a way, but duty calls."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-17, 07:12 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Aw geez, she was just about to shoot her! But she guessed Nadia needed to get all that out first. Irena just takes aim for the head, pondering what to do in case she was immune to bullets or something. Probably chop off her head, arms and legs with her sword. That usually did the trick.

But for now she stands in stoic silence, letting Nadia do the talking. While her wife's rage ran hot, her own ran cold as ice itself.

The Bushranger
2013-09-17, 11:39 PM
[Hidden Tower Woods]

"You should get out more often. If you want we can always use volunteers at my clinic. You can use healing magic can't you?" While she doesn't employee many spellcasters she recgonizes their use and is always on the look out for magical volunteers.

"Yeah, I can," Sharon says with a nod. "I probably should. It would be good to be around people," she observes, relaxing.

===

[Meanwhile, elsewhere...]

Somewhere in the woods, a shadow at the base of a tree looks just a little thicker than it should be.

Then it leans out from the tree!

Yep, totally just a shad...oh, it's Lydia the assassin, timey-wimeyed, and now slipping out to walk over to a small pool to refill her canteen.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-17, 11:40 PM

Sebastian does indeed put his shoulder to the wheel alongside Kraygor, unfortunately, that's meant literally. Not much chance of finding the handhold that way.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-17, 11:48 PM
Deep Woods

"Aw, you almost went six whole sentences without threatening my life and claiming the threat is actually valid. Well, you'll be happy to know you shouldn't have to worry about it because I still have no idea who that is and I'm only looking so I can get them all in one place and they can free the imprisoned ones. Which would make them much easier to hunt them down, now wouldn't it? I'm an elementalist in a sense as well as a do-gooder, so reclaiming balance and freedom and all that is in my job description."

TOTLI

In which case yes it will probably take Krayger quite a while to find that grip and pull it properly.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-17, 11:51 PM
[Hidden Tower Woods]

"Yeah, I can," Sharon says with a nod. "I probably should. It would be good to be around people," she observes, relaxing.

===

[Meanwhile, elsewhere...]

Somewhere in the woods, a shadow at the base of a tree looks just a little thicker than it should be.

Then it leans out from the tree!

Yep, totally just a shad...oh, it's Lydia the assassin, timey-wimeyed, and now slipping out to walk over to a small pool to refill her canteen.

Elsewhere

As she dips to the pool to refill from it, the surface of the water bubbles violently as a single pillar of the turbulent liquid bursts up from the center, fanning out into an umbrella as a fountain springs forth, a stone pillar rising up beneath the spout. The pillar is carved in what might be a rather familiar series of images as a ring of stone surrounds the pool, rising up as well to complete the spontaneous and artificial fountain.

The images surrounding the pillar may seem to be from her past, perhaps of a scene she vividly remembers, all detailed out before her in hewn stone.

The Bushranger
2013-09-17, 11:53 PM
[Elsewhere somewhere]

Lydia jumps back, brown hair sweeping across her face momentarily as she stares at the pool, her wristbow readied on instinct as she stares at the frescoes. Whales. Flying whales. In the Void.

"That's...not possible..." she whispers, never taking her eyes off the fountain, carefully closing her canteen and then slipping it into her pouch.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-18, 12:25 AM
>I need a map of the facility.

There. That's straightforward.

"She's okay with it, and certainly not moving. Really, by the time that Kate and Sophie were settled in, either one could pay the rent. They just split it so that they could have more spending money, it's not like either one needed more room. And back then was when Kate had to worry about buying a new wardrobe every month, since she kept getting modded. One way or the other, I don't think we need to worry about where Sophie or I will be sleeping."

A phone rings in one of Copi's pockets, and she makes a face. "This is why I went without tech for so long. I can't help but see them as shackles in a way, but duty calls."

A Hillside

"I could always 'accidentally' turn it into a hunk of rock, plant matter, and base metals." Mintbalm jokes, though she leans back and lets Copi take the call, sighing gently as she tries to get her breathing under control.

[Elsewhere somewhere]

Lydia jumps back, brown hair sweeping across her face momentarily as she stares at the pool, her wristbow readied on instinct as she stares at the frescoes. Whales. Flying whales. In the Void.

"That's...not possible..." she whispers, never taking her eyes off the fountain, carefully closing her canteen and then slipping it into her pouch.

Elsewhere

Isn't it Lydia? Are the walls rising around you between gaps in the trees just as impossible, forming a familiar corridor that twists out of sight around the corner behind you? Are the shuffling, tired footsteps that your keen ears can detect approaching coming from nowhere, or can you take the chance that they're not real?

The Bushranger
2013-09-18, 12:42 AM
Elsewhere

Lydia wastes no time in finding a shadow to slip into, her eyes wide. This can't be real, can it? The Hatter job was a long time ago, and here...there's no way they could have followed her, could they?

"What do you want with me now, you black-eyed git," she mutters, as she makes sure one of her precious explosive bolts is loaded.

Terumitsu
2013-09-18, 12:48 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

"Mmm?" came a confused reply as if lacking comprehension. "I simply rescued all these little ones. They were always so loud and crying so much. They only do that when they're unhappy, you know. But now they sleep nice and tidy and they haven't cried a peep once they get used to the place. They're just so happy here now." they said with that reedy voice.

In that confused state, it seemed to be a moment or two before they realized: "That Child! Why is he out of his bed?! Are you two thieves? Kidnappers trying to take the precious little one's I've saved? Get out! Leave that child and get out of here!" they said, now rather agitated. Still, the gun didn't seem to phase them but the didn't seem to be all there either..

Slii Arhem
2013-09-18, 12:53 AM
Elsewhere

Lydia wastes no time in finding a shadow to slip into, her eyes wide. This can't be real, can it? The Hatter job was a long time ago, and here...there's no way they could have followed her, could they?

"What do you want with me now, you black-eyed git," she mutters, as she makes sure one of her precious explosive bolts is loaded.

Elsewhere

From around the corner, a grey pantleg extends as whoever was behind her takes his first step into the courtyard with the fountain. Everything about the main seems grey, and with a quick look, Lydia can see that the reason why is more disconcerting than she may have believed. Surrounding him, perhaps an inch from his skin, is an aura through which no colour penetrates, turning everything within greyscale as he passes. The dulling aura fades over the span of a second, so as he moves it trails a wake of blurred grey behind him, like smoke billowing from a man ablaze. The suit he wears, standard parade-wear for a man serving his Empire, is slightly rumpled from his long day.

His head is engulfed in shadow, an utterly black ovoid sitting atop his neck. The only features are two pure white holes, frayed at the edges, that are locked on Lydia's position no matter which way he turns or where she moves. Despite this, he does not seem to notice her.

The Bushranger
2013-09-18, 12:59 AM
Elsewhere

Lydia slips back furthe rinto the shadow, frowning. This is certainly no Hatter...although the way he moves is definetly the way things can appear in the Void. Her eyes never leave him as he walks, her bow trained on him as she holds perfectly still, her breath calm, her free hand ready to clench at a moment's notice as she concentrates on her powers.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-18, 01:06 AM
Elsewhere

The man proceeds four feet into the garden, his ovoid head twisting around so his eyes can stay on Lydia, before the grey aura bleeds away from his form and he collapses, his strings cut. A guardsman's face is present where only inky blackness was before, and a ragged hole in his back, to the left of his spine where a shot would most easily reach the heart, bleeds his life onto the flagstones next to the fountain, mingling with the damp puddle surrounding the fixture. A faint gasp, and then a much louder shriek, can be heard from across the courtyard as the body swiftly crumbles to ash.

A woman in frills and padded skirts stands with a hand to her face in shock, fan dropped to the ground with a clatter as she sees the man disintegrate before her eyes.

The Bushranger
2013-09-18, 01:16 AM
Elsewhere

Lydia grimaces as the scene snaps into her mind, the guard shot by one of the New Whalers - now there was a sloppy group, nothing like the famous gang that had mysteriously vanished - and she had put him out of his misery, but a moment's hesitation had let Lady Jasmine see...

"And she'll faint in 3, 2, 1..." Lydia murmurs, shaking her head and switching to her sleep darts, ready to knock out the poor woman if the Outsider feels mischevious and things don't follow the script.

Gullara
2013-09-18, 08:18 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

"No." Nadia says forcefully. She takes a step away and hugs Eliseo protectively close. "He's my son, and you'll never touch him again. So many mothers lost their babies because of you. I'm not about to be another one." Nadia looks over at the other baby in the cradle. The, without any warning, she tries to circle around tot he other side of it and scoop that baby up too.

GrandDM
2013-09-18, 10:20 AM
Thank you.

Felandria puts a hand on Mia's shoulder.

Let me take you to the lab, I can get you there fast.

She nods, and will follow Fel.

To Inside! You can make the first post.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-18, 10:49 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

As soon as Nadia starts to move towards the other baby Irena thinks she knows how this is going to go down. Judging by the kidnappers reaction she's was going to attempt to stop Nadia. She didn't know how she was going to do it, but she really had no patience or want to find out. This charade had gone on too far already.

So Irena fires two shoots aimed at the kidnappers head, attempting to kill her.

McBish
2013-09-18, 10:57 AM
[High Seas Adventures-Island]

Just then, the island begins to quake and shake. A deep rumbling can be heard coming from deep within the Earth.

The pair can see a cave opening in the distance.

Derek frowns and watches the cave opening wondering if some sort of monster might come out. With a small sigh he stands his ground squinting a bit trying to peer into the dark cave.

================

[Hidden Tower Woods]

"You are welcome there anytime, we would love the help." Angie says with a smile.

The woods are dark by this point in the night. Their fire the only illumination around for miles probably. As it has gotten darker it has also grown quieter the noises of the woodland animals dying away till it is nearly silent around them, a slightly creepy silence.

Felandria
2013-09-18, 01:09 PM
She nods, and will follow Fel.

To Inside! You can make the first post.

Alright.

Don't be scared.

Felandria grows again, to about half her max size and gently sets her hand palm up in front of Mia.

Hop on.

And Felandria will carry Mia to Inside.

Terumitsu
2013-09-18, 04:07 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Well...

About what could be expected happened. Which is to say, a lot of noise in a small area likely hurting everyone's ears and maybe causing more than a bit of crying from discomfort from the children. There was a distinct lack of mess caused by point-blank shots although they did have the desired effect... If that effect was to make the person hidden in the rags just crumple over and start leaking dust from every aperture their garb had.

Really, it looked more like a trussed up sandbag, now.

All that was left now was just a house full of corpses. The jaded adventurer types would probably start looting the house now but that likely wasn't an option that seemed to be on the table for this particular group.

Gullara
2013-09-18, 04:43 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia just freezes for a moment as someone does before her eyes. She looks blankly at the corpse, as if she can't believe what she just witnessed. But a more urgent matter pulls her from her stunned state. That is, two babies bawling as loud as their little lungs allow. Nadia scoops up the other baby in her free arm and quietly says. "I need to get out of this house."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-18, 04:49 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia is starting at the corpse, not realizing she's breathing rapidly like she just ran a mile. She blinks as her wife speaks to her and slowly looks away. "T-then let's get out." She replies as she finally lowers the gun and puts on the safety again. In her mind she would have stayed behind and cur up the body to make sure it didn't raise again or something like that, but instead she will just turns around and will lead Nadia outside.

Gullara
2013-09-18, 06:57 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia hurries out along with irena, doing her best not to look at the horrible sights on the way. And a part of her can't help but think that this isn't over. Now she has this unknown baby, and there's still the goddess that needs dealing with once and for all.

When they are outside, though, nadia has something else to say, but she's reluctant to do so. "Irena... There could be other babies alive in there." She says.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 09:20 PM
Deep Woods

"Aw, you almost went six whole sentences without threatening my life and claiming the threat is actually valid. Well, you'll be happy to know you shouldn't have to worry about it because I still have no idea who that is and I'm only looking so I can get them all in one place and they can free the imprisoned ones. Which would make them much easier to hunt them down, now wouldn't it? I'm an elementalist in a sense as well as a do-gooder, so reclaiming balance and freedom and all that is in my job description."

Other than obvious pain, Randii seems to be okay at the moment. She also looks like she'd love for a chance to strangle this woman.

You want to free them? And you know how? The woman sounds slightly surprised. Well...that changes things...

The ring falls out of a shadow and lands in front of Zebes.

Ivaz is going to be after them as well. Be cautious with her. She's crazy.

Also...don't kill her.

Zebes may now notice that her scent is gone.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-18, 11:59 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena looks at Nadia and then back at the house. "I'll search it. Stay in the car." She orders. "Keep the doors locked and call me if you see something." What don't you do for love?

Unless Nadia protests, Irena will search the entire building for babies.

Gullara
2013-09-19, 12:05 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia nods and does as Irena tells her. She knew Irena would be fine in there. She doesn't want to think of going back for even a second. So while she's sitting in the car waiting for Irena, she takes some time to check that Eliseo is unharmed and then more thoroughly examine the mystery baby.

Zefir
2013-09-19, 05:40 AM
Well, then.

She had tried to do this without harming anyone, hoping they would flee in terror at the sight of her, but alas.

Since the spell ended before she could gather them, her sword is still sheathed, and compared to her, the men are less than two feet high, she only saw one option.

You wanna see a monster?

You got it.

Felandria attacks, grabbing the men and throwing them into the sides of the trucks, knocking their tiny weapons out of their hands and just straight up knocking them around.

She still takes care not to kill them, aiming to incapacitate them so she can tie them up.

Soldirs are trained to stay as long as there is something to stay for.

After all Felinada manages to catch eight of the twelve guys and throws her into the truck. Some of them will be unconscious, but others will just be shaken adn try to get up soon(next post). Since she cares not to kill them, those who have a better constitution will stand up again.^^

Some can avoid her grab at least long enougth to draw and use their weapon. So a guy with sword and shield and one with two axe run for her feet, hitting whatever comes close, ehile a guy with a gun aims for Felindas face. With her size his aiming isn't that well. A mage is obviously running away, hiding behind a truck and preparing a spell.

Felandria
2013-09-19, 01:21 PM
Soldirs are trained to stay as long as there is something to stay for.

After all Felandria manages to catch eight of the twelve guys and throws her into the truck. Some of them will be unconscious, but others will just be shaken adn try to get up soon(next post). Since she cares not to kill them, those who have a better constitution will stand up again.^^

Some can avoid her grab at least long enougth to draw and use their weapon. So a guy with sword and shield and one with two axe run for her feet, hitting whatever comes close, while a guy with a gun aims for Felandria's face. With her size his aiming isn't that well. A mage is obviously running away, hiding behind a truck and preparing a spell.

Felandria (intends to) grab the man with the gun and toss him at the Mage, taking them both out of the equation.

She then (intends to) take her sword and in one sweeping circular motion, hit the other two men, with the flat end, of course.

Of course, if anyone else tries to kill her, she will have no choice but to start killing them.

Now she'll use Burning Hands to try and weld the door of the truck, sealing the other eight men inside.

The Bushranger
2013-09-19, 02:34 PM
[Hidden Tower Woods]

"You are welcome there anytime, we would love the help." Angie says with a smile.

The woods are dark by this point in the night. Their fire the only illumination around for miles probably. As it has gotten darker it has also grown quieter the noises of the woodland animals dying away till it is nearly silent around them, a slightly creepy silence.

Sharon nods, closing her eyes and relaxing, a smile crossing her face.
She likes the quiet!

And unless disturbed, she might even just drift off to sleep...

Lost_Deep
2013-09-19, 09:35 PM
A Hillside

"I'll stop carrying it after it stops being needed," Copi states. "So presumably sometime after the funeral." She answers the phone, and says to it, "Kate's phone, Kate not speaking. Hi Sophie-what? You-what? How? A British secret agent? No, I don't doubt you. Do you know why? ...what? I have a poor connection here- okay, yeah, the shark tank is straightforward."

...shark tank?

Terumitsu
2013-09-19, 10:08 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately depending on the point of view, there didn't seem to be anything among the living that remained in the house. It was apparent, at least, that there hadn't been any new children for an appreciable while aside from the two rescues. It was rather grim, either way. What may catch Irena's eye, though, would be an open jewelry box with several odd trinkets here and there inside that looked... Well, quite old indeed but oddly well taken care of... And there may be one or two insignias that might possibly be familiar as well.

As for the mystery child, there seemed to be elfin traits to the child's face and features. It was pale and it's skin was clammy but it seemed to at least be comforted by another warm body. Who knew what it had felt like to be held by that person for so long..

Gullara
2013-09-19, 11:24 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

They were going to have to go straight to the hospital with this baby, Nadia knew. There's no use taking any chances when he looks so unhealthy. She's glad Eliseo never had to be in that person's 'care' for too long. She pities this poor baby for suffering that.

Nadia knows Eliseo must be hungry by now, even though she did feed him in the early hours of the morning. It makes her wonder what the other baby has been eating. It couldn't be healthy though, could it? Nadia looks back toward the house and shudders. Probably not.

With some careful maneuvering, she gets her top open and Eliseo into a position where he can breastfeed. The baby welcomes the familiar comfort of his mother's bosom. Now for the other baby. The thought crosses her mind of breastfeeding him too. She has an extra boob after all. The thought gets a small chuckle out of her, which is a lot after this ordeal. But no, she has a bottle of formula she packed just in case she needed it, and with some more tricky maneuvering she holds it in front of the baby's mouth. Now hopefully he'll eat...

Earl of Purple
2013-09-20, 05:45 AM

The heavy granite block is dragged out of the marble archway. Once it's completely out of the barrow, the runes stop moving whenever nobody's looking at them, as they were powered by a network of spells preserving the barrow's shape and security.

Beyond is a set of stairs headed down. The stairs are made from blocks of polished red jasper, as are the walls and ceiling. The jasper fuses flawlessly into the marble of the arch. The way down is lit by floating runes and symbols, each providing a similar amount of light to a torch; though they're numerous enough that there's no shadows present. More runes and symbols are etched into the walls, floor and ceiling; like the ones on the arch, these move whenever they aren't observed. At the bottom of the stairs is a large, Damascus-steel-bound door made of yew. There's a large mouth with teeth of inset brass carved into the door.

The stairwell is filled with magic; the walls, floor and ceiling are magically reinforced and heavily warded against interference. The floating runes are several different types of light spell bound together. The door doesn't have much purely defensive magic on it; Sebastian might be able to guess that trying to blow it open will trigger it to respond with its own attack spells. Also, there's an enchantment on the door that keeps it locked, and one on the mouth bound to the lock.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-20, 10:26 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

For once Irena ignores the fancy stuff. In another life she'd have taken them but it was not like she needed the money anymore and she didn't want anything that reminded Nadia of this place.

Instead she double-checks the house and the body before returning to the car.

Gullara
2013-09-20, 10:32 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena will find Nadia quietly feeding the two babies. "Nothing?" She asks when Irena returns, already knowing the answer. She stops feeding the babies, covering up and putting away the bottle. "We should go to the hospital first to make sure this baby is going to be okay. Then we can go from there."

Shadowcaller
2013-09-20, 10:43 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena just shakes her head in reply and get into the car. "Yeah, let's just leave this place." She hesitates however. "Or should we burn it down? Not sure what do to with... the others." The bodies.

Devixer
2013-09-20, 03:47 PM
[Elven Diplomacy]

A screaming coconut is thrown at Boris, specifically aimed at his head, he might want to dodge it.

Boris sidesteps the screaming coconut. His next reaction is out of instinct, drawing a pistol and firing into the air.

Haunted Castle

Oh, and I almost forgot:

Albert did have a little swimming in the last castle in was in, not much through. Good thing for that air pocket, or he wouldn't have been able to get through the passage.

Albert pushes his wet hair out of his eyes.

"So, do you have any light? Something tells me that we are going to need some."

Shark is easily able to swim through the passage, he might've been able to get through with or without the air pocket. When Albert mentions a light, he grabs his backpack and pulls a flare from it. He lights it, causing a bright red light to glow from it.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-20, 06:31 PM
TotLI

Krayger grins. "There we go, a nice, scary door. All is as it should be. When things glow, though, they're in your ballpark. Can you figure them out?"

Deep Woods

The danger having seemingly passed, Zebes shrinks back to his usual size as he picks up the ring. Jace meanwhile can finally take the time to try to use Palta to heal Randii's bullet wound.

5a Violista
2013-09-20, 06:37 PM
Haunted Castle

An eerie silence continues in the hallway they're in. No sounds, except for Albert's voice, the sound of the flare burning, and the drip from their wet clothing.

Gullara
2013-09-20, 07:01 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia squeezes her eyes closed at the thought of all those bodies. Such a horrible sight shouldn't exist. They deserve to rest. "Burn it down."

Felandria
2013-09-20, 07:28 PM
TARDIS Adventures

Wilhelm quirks an eyebrow, with a deadpan confusion that would impress a Vulcan. "And, pray tell, what is it we shall be need?ing For that matter, what are we to do? I take it this tomb has it's perils?

((I guess we were waiting on me.))

Standard adventuring gear, weapons, armor, magic items, stuff like that.

Like I said, we'll go to the shop, they'll hook you up.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-22, 10:25 AM
[Elven Diplomacy]

Boris sidesteps the screaming coconut. His next reaction is out of instinct, drawing a pistol and firing into the air.

[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia squeezes her eyes closed at the thought of all those bodies. Such a horrible sight shouldn't exist. They deserve to rest. "Burn it down."

[Elven Diplomacy]

Following the shot there is a loud debacle from the treetops, meeps screaming, ruffling leaves and slamming their fists into the branches above them, causing all sort of things to fall down.

It doesn't seem to have caused them to leave but in the middle of the chaos a smaller completely white meep suddenly climbs down from a tree and slowly approaches them. It appears to be holding up some sort of green idol with it's palms.

If no one attempts to stop it, it will place the idol on the ground some distance from them and then point at Boris for some reason.

"Looks like it wants to trade something." The elf remarks. "I have no idea what that is though. Must be damn sturdy though, meeps usually break everything they come in contact with."

[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena nods and starts to walk towards the house to start collecting the fuel that was needed to burn it down. It can take a while depending on what she finds though. But she knows how to start a fire even without a lighter.

Gullara
2013-09-22, 11:14 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia looks down, focusing on the two babies while Irena walks away. She starts to think that maybe she was too hasty about this. If nothing else, some of the parents might want some closure... Nadia suddenly reaches over and honks the car's horn. That should get Irena's attention.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-22, 11:56 AM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena stops what she's doing and goes back to the car and opens the door. "What is it?" She asks.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 01:04 PM
Ocean- Searching for Atorre

There's a trinity of pegasi ponies flying here in a V formation. The one in the lead is a burgundy mare with a short-cropped black mane and tail; her eyes are a vivid green. She's wearing a custom suit of armour that seems to be made of pale leather, leaving her hooves, wings, tail and head free. Several knives are visible, their sheaths incorporated into her barding. To her left is a sky-blue stallion with a white mane and tail that have both been braided. His eyes are yellow, and he's unarmoured, though there's a sword with an odd hilt sheathed between his wings. His cutie mark is of a sword dripping blood. To the leader's right is another mare, this one dark green with a bright purple dreadlocked mane and tail, and her eyes are blood red. She's wearing a loose, billowing robe over darkened chainmail and upon her hooves are spiked horseshoes.

They're looking for somebody, and are being very thorough.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 01:17 PM
[Ocean - Finding Inventors]

Ahead of them, a good ways off from a little island, the ponies might spot a ... well I hesitate to call it a boat. Some form of watercraft, a hull and two and a half pontoon things, floating lightly on (or is it just above?) the water.
Three figures are visible, one at the helm and one at each of the sail-things that extend from the side.

The man at the helm looks used to this, loose black hair blowing in the wind towards the isle, pale, water-resistant clothing. He's wearing some sort of giant crystal-mechanical gauntlet on his left hand, which rests lightly on the ship's wheel.
Another man, at the port sail, looks rather more out of place. Dressed in a classic all-black security guard suit, with mirrored sunglasses. Completely nondescript, with a small pistol at his side.
And on the right, there's a woman with long brown hair in a field uniform.

These would be the people the fliers are looking for.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 01:23 PM
Ocean- Finding Inventors

The three pegasi will circle overhead a few times before the leader, the mare in pale leather barding, swoops down and hovers nearby. "Greetings, sea-goers. I am Stormtrooper Lieutenant Sky Thunder, and I am looking for the being that calls itself 'Atorre'. Would that happen to be one of you?" The burgundy mare looks at the three people aboard the vessel, wondering which is going to answer. This close, one of the three might note a small anchor-and-chain on the leather; it looks like it was a tattoo on whatever creature that owned the skin before it was tanned.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 01:31 PM
[Ocean - Found Inventors]

The crew watch the pegasi as they circle, the guardsman keeping a hand near his gun as they retract the sails a bit.

When the mare comes down, the man at the helm steps up, noting the tattooed leather with barely evident distaste. "Atorre Ranna, speaking. What could we do for you, Lieutenant?"

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 01:41 PM
Ocean- Found Inventors

"My master would like you to build something for Him. He promises that you will be well rewarded, and will provide whatever raw materials you need. Would you like to learn more?" The stormtrooper keeps hovering, though she's keeping up with the vessel easily.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 01:48 PM
[Ocean - Negotiations]

Ranna pauses and thinks it over. On the one hand, this is how you end up locked in a dungeon being forced to build a world-cracking superweapon, guarded by illusionary snakes. On the other hand, it sounds pretty interesting.
"I'm listening. Come aboard, and we can talk about the details." He manipulates a lever or two, and the ship comes to a near stop.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 01:56 PM
Ocean- Negotiations

Sky Thunder will land aboard the vessel and sit in a position that suggests both that she's at ease, but also that should something happen it would take only a moment for her to be ready to fight. "My master is most interested in flying machines, and preferably a factory that can build them as well. However, my master is the ruler of a realm that includes an awful lot of nothing and very little resources, including ground. A hard working force of workers will be provided, including beings capable of manipulating cloud that will provide you with somewhere to build." Which is actually one of the reasons why the Lieutenant is wearing armour made from human skin; there's so little available that they everything they can when they raid elsewhere, including the bodies of those that die on either side.

Gullara
2013-09-22, 02:04 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

"Let's just go. We can call some police or something and they can deal with it." Nadia says. She'd rather just get out of here anyway.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 02:15 PM
[Ocean - Negotiations]

There's space for a pony or two to the sides of what is presumably an engine, though it isn't running yet.

Seeming completely at ease (though the guardsman is somewhat more ense and watchful still), Ranna grins. "I'm in. I'm sure I can get you flying machines. Factory techniques I'm not experienced with, but I'll do what I can. Never seen a place of solidified cloud before. If we can just head back to the island so I can get some of my tools and schematics?"

A few motions at the controls, and the engine begins to whir, and then quietly hum.

Shadowcaller
2013-09-22, 02:16 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Irena blinks. "Um, alright. Let's go then, you can call the police if you want." She get's in the car not feeling up to argue why she didn't say so before she started trying to start a fire.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 02:24 PM
Ocean- Negotiations

"Of course. And I'm afraid that the cloud isn't solidified; pegasi like myself can interact with it as though it were when it isn't. We have magic boots that will enable you to walk upon the cloud easily, but your hands will still pass through it." Sky Thunder looks up and winks, so the other two pegasi know to follow the hover-boat and not try to rescue their commanding officer. Or more accurately, the magic dagger she carries that can cut portals to the Abyss and provide their major method of reaching home.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 02:40 PM
[Ocean - Departing]

"That's rather different then. Still workable. Will these machines all be for pegasi like yourselves?"
A press forward of the wheel, and the boat slowly picks up speed. and slowly turns towards the island. They remember what happened last time they went at a reasonably fast speed.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 02:45 PM
Ocean --> To The Island

"Our master does have some servants whose body shape is similar to yours. I believe the phrase is 'humanoid'. He would prefer the flying machines be designed for them, as our inherent abilities in cloud-walking and weather manipulation are more useful to Him elsewhere." Blasting enemies with blizzards, heavy rain, tornadoes, thunderstorms, and providing cover and concealment with fog and mist.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 02:53 PM
[Ocean - Island]

"Biped works as well. Not as specific, I suppose. That will make things easier from the controls standpoint, at least. And they will also be operating any factories?" Because he still doesn't know how these creatures use those weapons they're carrying, much less could operate a flying machine. Hands will simplify things immensely.

As they arrive at the island, it really isn't that far, there's a small crate and a pair of briefcases waiting on the shore. Ranna and the man in shades hop out , wading through a bit of surf to go and get them.

"And how shall we get to your master's realm?"

Gullara
2013-09-22, 02:56 PM
[House of the Kidnapper]

Nadia will be silent for the trip back. She'd just stare off into space if she didn't have to attend to the babies. Hopefully the baby they saved will be alright. They'll find out soon enough once they reach the hospital.

Earl of Purple
2013-09-22, 03:06 PM
Ocean- Island

"Yes, bipeds are a predominant part of my master's followers. We'll get there using one of my knives." The lieutenant smiles as she speaks, before reaching down and grabbing a knife sheathed on her barrel and drawing it with her mouth before slicing it through the air in a rough square, about two metres wide and tall. When the knife reaches the point it started, the air between flickers and disappears, replaced by a view into a void. There's a lump of rock on the other side of the portal, and another is visible in the distance that is covered in towers, but that appears to be it.

Recaiden
2013-09-22, 03:09 PM
[Ocean -> Void Portal]

"Impressive." Ranna will try to step through, carefully balancing the supplies, and take a look around once on the lump of rock. "What do you call this place?"

((Deadtime))