PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Feats for Mounted Combat

AWiz_Abroad
2013-09-04, 09:42 AM
Got a front liner that's replacing our legendary werebear (We're well into epic levels).

He's a winged centaur (4RHD+2LA) who counts as mounted (gets mounted combat for free).

Any feat suggestions? I'm looking for him to be a fairly impressive tank/charger.

herrhauptmann
2013-09-04, 11:44 AM
Just put the regular ubercharger build together with mounted combat feats. With a good bit of fighter, you should have enough feats.

charger: Leap attack, power attack, imp.bullrush, shocktrooper, cleave for a start. I'd say imp sunder and combat brute too. Get a second round after your charge with those nice PA bonuses, at epic levels you'll probably need it.

mounted feats: ehh, I'm not so good at those. Rideby attack is probably in it. You'll probablly want flyby attack and wingover to improve your flight abilities.

As far as actual tanking mechanics? I guess some warblade and/or crusader for maneuvers. Or knight levels for that challenge ability.

edit:
There's also the bariaur from Planar Handbook (and BoED). He should also get the mounted feat tree due to body type, even if his entry doesn't say it. (I rationalize it using the Inevitable entry, and RoF centaurs. If those get it for body style, so should other taurics.) The non exalted bariaur has less LA and RHD.