PDA

View Full Version : MTG RPG(creating a cubelike)

bobthe6th
2013-09-04, 04:26 PM
First off, to the old and jaded as myself: This is not trying to hot-wire D&D with a deck of magic cards.
What this is is essentially creating a constructed format for magic... with some twists.
I have found some interesting rules for a magic RPG (http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/node/6361). The issue is that sets... are odd. I am a 3.5 Diehard at heart, and so hate setting dependent games. Revanica is a really involved setting, and the set matches. What I would like is a set that would provide a reasonable amount of balance while at the same time offering normal options.

So here comes the cubelike part... could people make a list of cards they would consider reasonable? I would like to keep it to something like 4-8 creatures/spells for each color for each CMC, with a healthy amount of artifacts and some nonbasic land. balance is the primary focus here, not rarity or age.
You don't have to make a full list, or even a large part of a list. Pick your favorite color and a couple cards. I will keep a running list in the top post(overflowing to the second if needed). Discussion of the growing list is also encouraged.
After the set is made, reconstruction of the abilities system can begin.

bobthe6th
2013-09-04, 04:27 PM
Overflow, unlikely but always necessary.

and I drop this in gaming... well hell. request for moving sent.