PDA

View Full Version : Making This Work: Generalist->Wild Soul->Evereskan Tomb Guardian [3.5FR]

Tokuhara
2013-09-04, 04:55 PM
I have been working on a Wizard Build that isn't the normal "Wizard X/Incantrix Y/Archmage Z", so I decided to break from the norm and try something entirely different build and flavor-wise:

CG Sun Elf Generalist [Elf Wizard Racial Subs 1 & 3] 5/Wild Soul 10/Evereskan Tomb Guardian 5

Feats:

1. Initiate of Faerie Mysteries, Otherworldly [Flaw], Scribe Scroll [Bonus], Fey Heritage [Flaw]

3. Fey Skin

5. Sculpt Spell

6. Track

9. Fey Presence

12. Alertness

15. Fey Legacy

18. Fey Power

Familiar: Hummingbird

Here's my question to the Playgrounders:

How can I make this optimal without losing what makes him who he is (Fey-Blooded Wizard Pariah who cultivates his power and becomes an Honored Tomb Guardian)

Tokuhara
2013-09-04, 11:31 PM
Bumping to save the thread from Death

Psyren
2013-09-05, 12:12 AM
What book is Tomb Guardian from?

Do you really need all the Fey Heritage feats? Mostly they're pretty bad.

What are your stats?

Tokuhara
2013-09-05, 12:43 AM
What book is Tomb Guardian from?

Do you really need all the Fey Heritage feats? Mostly they're pretty bad.

What are your stats?

Player's Guide to Faerun

5 DR/Cold Iron is nice to have, as well as some not garbage SLAs (granted, I could just prepare them, but it fits with Wild Soul so nicely and they free up spell slots I would otherwise prepare some of those SLAs)

12/14/12/21/12/11 (Currently 5th level)

IronFist
2013-09-05, 06:22 AM
By RAW, hummingbird gets no bonus from elven generalist.

Tokuhara
2013-09-05, 07:33 AM
By RAW, hummingbird gets no bonus from elven generalist.

It does, because Toad gets the "Double Effect" ability at 3rd even though HP isn't a skill, and Hummingbird gives Initiative.

I definitely want to see why "By RAW" hummingbird is useless to an Elf Generalist.

and before anyone on the forums says that Evereskan Tomb Guardian is terrible, It's a flavorful cap to the mechanically strong Wild Soul

Psyren
2013-09-05, 07:49 AM
5 DR/Cold Iron is nice to have, as well as some not garbage SLAs (granted, I could just prepare them, but it fits with Wild Soul so nicely and they free up spell slots I would otherwise prepare some of those SLAs)

But don't they use Cha for their save DC? This sharply limits there effectiveness, especially given your stats.

Didn't get a chance to read Tomb Guardian so can't comment there.

Tokuhara
2013-09-05, 08:44 AM
But don't they use Cha for their save DC? This sharply limits there effectiveness, especially given your stats.

Didn't get a chance to read Tomb Guardian so can't comment there.

It doesn't specify what stat for the DC

Psyren
2013-09-05, 08:49 AM
It doesn't specify what stat for the DC

Right, and if not otherwise stated, SLAs default to Charisma (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#spellLikeAbilities) for their save DCs. So you'll need to ask your DM if you can get these moved to Int.

Tokuhara
2013-09-05, 09:47 AM
Right, and if not otherwise stated, SLAs default to Charisma (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#spellLikeAbilities) for their save DCs. So you'll need to ask your DM if you caHesn get these moved to Int.

He's cool with that, since as a Wizard, it makes sense.