PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Primordial Cyclopeans -- The easy-bake primordial giant

Maginomicon
2013-09-04, 11:38 PM
The Primordial Giant template is in Secrets of Xen'drik page 81 is a pretty-b****in' template for giants that has an LA of "same as base creature".

The Cyclopeans are in Dragon Magazine #323 page 95. They have two sub-race options, each with giant type and LA+0.

The following are the racial benefits by RAW:

Primordial Menta Cyclopean
SLAs: At-will (pick one) -- Invisibility (CL 1), Invisibility Purge (CL 1), Levitate (CL 1)
Abilities: Str -4, Dex -2, Int +4, Cha +4
Medium Giant
Speed 30 ft.
Darkvision 60 ft.
Future Sight (Su): Three times per day, a Menta cyclopean may spend a full-round action to peer into the future of a creature. This functions as the augury spell, except it does not require any components and cannot predict the future of the cyclopean himself. The cyclopean must touch the target creature for the full round. The Menta cyclopean may only use this ability once per creature per day.
Single Eye: Because they only have one eye, cyclopeans suffer a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks.
Automatic Languages: Common and Giant; Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Sylvan, and Terran. Cyclopeans live close to the earth and often learn the languages of those attuned to it.
+2 racial bonus on Spellcraft and UMD.
Favored Classes: Warlock AND Wizard.
LA: +0

Primordial Feral-Kind Cyclopean
SLAs: At-will (pick one) -- Invisibility (CL 1), Invisibility Purge (CL 1), Levitate (CL 1)
Abilities: Str -2, Dex -2, Int +2, Cha +4
Medium Giant
Speed 30 ft.
Darkvision 60 ft.
Glimpse the Future (Su): Feral-kind cyclopeans lack the full future sight ability of their Menta cyclopean kind. Instead, they can see brief snatches of the future that let them react to danger better. Feral-kind cyclopeans get a +1 insight bonus on Initiative checks and Reflex saves.
Single Eye: Because they only have one eye, cyclopeans suffer a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks.
Automatic Languages: Common and Giant; Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Sylvan, and Terran. Cyclopeans live close to the earth and often learn the languages of those attuned to it.
+2 racial bonus on Spellcraft and UMD.
Favored Classes: Warlock AND Barbarian.
LA: +0

Cheesy? Maybe a bit, yeah, but I know what races I'll be playing for my casters/manifesters from now on. :smallbiggrin:

Taveena
2013-09-05, 06:33 AM
Stack with Unseelie Fae and Magic-Blooded if you're willing to get books thrown at you.

Vaz
2013-09-05, 06:36 AM
Unseelie Fey is jnherited, which runs into issues regarding typing.

Werephilosopher
2013-09-05, 06:49 PM
...this is amazing.

I'm picturing a Primordial Menta Warlock, shooting Eldritch Blast rays out of his eyes :D

Larkas
2013-09-05, 06:53 PM
...this is amazing.

I'm picturing a Primordial Menta Warlock, shooting Eldritch Blast rays out of his eye :D

FIFY :smallbiggrin:

Codyage
2013-09-05, 07:52 PM
Don't you pick the order in which templates are applied? Inherited, then acquired if I am correct. I can't see anywhere what kind of template Unseelie Fey is.

So, couldn't you just take Primordial first, then Unseelie fey? Or does losing Giant, also make you lose the Primordial template?

Zanfire
2013-09-05, 08:48 PM
Are there any other templates to stack on more SLAs? and take Magic in the Blood?

Erik Vale
2013-09-05, 09:30 PM
Double checking, are the cyclopcians +0 with Primodial, or +0 normally?.

Lateral
2013-09-05, 09:45 PM
Double checking, are the cyclopcians +0 with Primodial, or +0 normally?.
Yes.

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-09-05, 11:47 PM
You could also slap on the Arctic template (same source as magic blooded) to regain the +2 Con at the cost of -2 Cha.

TiaC
2013-09-06, 03:19 AM
Hey, cool find! Far less cheesy than my trick of using the half-giant racial class in CompPsi and dropping out after the first level.

Burning Spear
2013-09-22, 04:36 PM
The OP posted that the spell like ability is CL 1, does this go up by hd/ lvl?

or does it stay at lvl 1 irrespectively?

Cheers.

Maginomicon
2013-09-22, 04:37 PM
The OP posted that the spell like ability is CL 1, does this go up by hd/ lvl?

or does it stay at lvl 1 irrespectively?

Cheers.It goes up with racial HD, which since cyclopeans have none would mean CL 1 (0 RHD +1 from Magical Knack).

Burning Spear
2013-09-22, 04:44 PM
It goes up with racial HD, which since cyclopeans have none would mean CL 1 (0 RHD +1 from Magical Knack).

Crap, thanks for the reply :smallannoyed: