PDA

View Full Version : [Infernum Carcerus] Kiran

nersxe
2013-09-05, 12:28 AM
It was a small thing. A light, dim as a lightning bug sheltered inside a child's hand. Yet, as the lightning bug, even a small light could inspire fascination.

Kiran had followed it, slow but persistent. Her vision had blurred at the edges, attention focused solely on the object of her fascination. Then, from one moment to the next, it disappeared.

She stood, when she took stock of her surroundings, on a hill.

It was not a large hill, more of a self-important mound of dirt than anything, with short grass and small rocks and insects below the conscious notice of most beings. At the foot of it, however, directly in Kiran's line of sight, was a clearing, and across that clearing was the entrance to a cave.

Rather more immediate than the cave entrance was a wooden booth, with a man sitting behind it, smiling up at her. It was too far a distance to see more of him than that his clothing was dark, and that he possessed the typical humanoid number of limbs and a single head perched on top of his shoulders.

Jeriah
2013-09-05, 08:13 PM
She approaches the booth.

Hello. What's all this about?

nersxe
2013-09-06, 12:19 PM
The man's smile widens, and he lifts his chin at Kiran's approach. "Hello and good delving, friend." As Kiran comes close enough to be within casual speaking distance, he inclines his head. "This is the Devil's Prison. Am I correct in thinking you to be a Seeker?"

The man does not stop smiling throughout his speech, showing off his many perfectly white, perfectly even, perfectly straight teeth. He folds his hands casually on the booth's small counter, his swarthy skin set off by the light-colored wood there. Upon closer inspection, his clothing appears to be made of silk or something akin to it, with small black gems inlaid at the cuffs and collar. His ears each boast a long line of gold rings that start at the bottom of his ear and extend up to the point, then around the top. He wears no rings or other jewelry, merely his earrings and layered silks.

Jeriah
2013-09-12, 02:08 PM
OH, yes, of course. Please, tell me more.

nersxe
2013-09-15, 07:54 PM
"There is not very much more to tell," the man replies, shaking his head with smile still firmly in place, "I am the Merchant, and this is the Devil's Prison. Inside, you will find what it is you seek."

Jeriah
2013-09-25, 05:38 AM
Sorry, I was in a bad car wreck and haven't been able or up to getting online lately.